19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

Body hair is totally unlike scalp hair in every way. Some people seem to think it is interchangable with scalp hair but it differs from it drastically in alot of cases.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Body hair is totally unlike scalp hair in every way. Some people seem to think it is interchangable with scalp hair but it differs from it drastically in alot of cases.

The method works, and that is all I care about.

I've seen many a cases, with both good and bad outcomes.

The hair on my neck, I take is not all that different from that

on my head. Or?

So a head full of chest hair doesn't bother you? Neck/nape hair often resembles hairline hair but it is not immune to DHT.

Ya know, if you are dead set to do it, and have already made up your mind, rock on out. I hope you post photos and let us go on the journey with you. Good luck.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I can't wait to see how this progresses. I personally wish I had started doing a hair transplant at a younger age, so I got to enjoy more of my younger years with hair. It took me untill I was 26 to wake up and decide to do a transplant.

Anyway good luck man, can't wait to see the outcome

I can't wait to see how this progresses. I personally wish I had started doing a hair transplant at a younger age, so I got to enjoy more of my younger years with hair. It took me untill I was 26 to wake up and decide to do a transplant.

Anyway good luck man, can't wait to see the outcome

Many thanks.

Did you have any shock-loss?

Not really to speak of, well not that I noticed anyway, but my hair wasn't as thick as yours. Is, and I cut it really short before the transplant. I am really keen to see ow yours looks with body hair etc, as it seems like a great idea, it is also good to see how it goes on someone who isn't 50 years old too.

How long does the body hair grow on your head and how can you style it etc?

Not really to speak of, well not that I noticed anyway, but my hair wasn't as thick as yours. Is, and I cut it really short before the transplant. I am really keen to see ow yours looks with body hair etc, as it seems like a great idea, it is also good to see how it goes on someone who isn't 50 years old too.

How long does the body hair grow on your head and how can you style it etc?

"How long does the body hair grow on your head and how can you style it etc?"

- That's what I've been pondering about as well...

I found this:

"Potential patients should know that a location change to the scalp does not change the physiology of body hair. It will not grow substantially longer, nor change in composition as compared to its subsistence in its original location. A practiced body hair transplant doctor will know how to maximize the innate characteristics of different body hair sources. If all goes well, new hair usually shows optimal growth around nine months post-surgery and can continue to improve for up to 24 months."

This is what my hair looks now like now. Probably not the best angle nor lighting (I had a buzz-cut):

DSC00777.jpg.f0f0993d82f04da6ce1dc52f09c9bf52.jpg

Mirror, with the desired length of your hair, I don't see how BHT would meet your demands, unless you plan on keeping it cropped short in the future. As Mickey and others have stated, body hair isn't a 1:1 replacement for scalp hair. It certainly has it's application, but it has a different growth cycle, texture and other variation in characteristics.

I can understand the internal desire/want/drive to fix something you view as a flaw. Just be careful when you tread down that road, as it can often consume you. Warranted, non-action can also fill your head with obsessive thoughts, so the decision is yours and yours alone. We can offer advice, and simply hope you consider it.

With that said, please consult many different HT Docs. Make a shortlist containing the best of the best, and get each of their opinions. One should always get a second opinion, especially so at your age as you don't want to fark shit up so early. A composite of different perspectives concerning the same situation is often the best for objectivity.

PS: I don't think SQUEENIX characters are a realistic goal for anything IRL lol. That hairline is real low, square(heh) and straight up juvenile. Not even the world's "sexiest men" have hairline's like that. Look at Reynolds and Gosling, they have awesome hairlines for sure, but they're also a realistic standard of nigh perfection.

Mirror, with the desired length of your hair, I don't see how BHT would meet your demands, unless you plan on keeping it cropped short in the future. As Mickey and others have stated, body hair isn't a 1:1 replacement for scalp hair. It certainly has it's application, but it has a different growth cycle, texture and other variation in characteristics.

I can understand the internal desire/want/drive to fix something you view as a flaw. Just be careful when you tread down that road, as it can often consume you. Warranted, non-action can also fill your head with obsessive thoughts, so the decision is yours and yours alone. We can offer advice, and simply hope you consider it.

With that said, please consult many different HT Docs. Make a shortlist containing the best of the best, and get each of their opinions. One should always get a second opinion, especially so at your age as you don't want to fark shit up so early. A composite of different perspectives concerning the same situation is often the best for objectivity.

PS: I don't think SQUEENIX characters are a realistic goal for anything IRL lol. That hairline is real low, square(heh) and straight up juvenile. Not even the world's "sexiest men" have hairline's like that. Look at Reynolds and Gosling, they have awesome hairlines for sure, but they're also a realistic standard of nigh perfection.

"Mirror, with the desired length of your hair, I don't see how BHT would meet your demands."

- I understand. I presume it would not be all that bad having a medium length hair.

Yet, I haven't decided entirely whether to go for BHT or not. I'll leave it up to Dr. Path. to decide.

"I don't think SQUEENIX characters are a realistic goal for anything IRL lol. That hairline is real low, square(heh) and straight up juvenile."

Hah, you are right at that.

My hairline is actually quite low, but due to the bad lighting and unprofessional camera-work, one can't really tell.

Thanks for the advice.

The shedding you mentioned could be from starting propecia, if you did? Which once the shedding is complete can bring back new hair 100% even on the sides. I have witnessed it on my own head.

Also hair grows in cycles and depending on ones stress, diet and lifestyle follicles that have hair fall out don't close up completely for a few years meaning if you are healthy you can sometimes reverse this. With propecia and biotin and exercise and healthy foods.

But I still think you have unrealistic outcomes. Your hair no matter what you do will never be like it was when you were 17 or 18 again. That is life. You have to learn to accept it. Stressing over it is only going to make it worse.

Again in my opinion body hair is useless and looks pretty bad and is noticeably thinner and more brittle. Should only be used in extreme cases and the reason its not used on younger people is because its shit.

As you have stated you want to try beat this early and get on with your 20's but in my opinion there is no beating it, only managing and making the best of your new life with hair loss.

You can try fix the front of your hair line but before you know it the back of your hair will be falling out to and then you will be upset about that and have to fix that. Then the middle of your hair will start thinning and you will have to fix that. And if you have a FUT and body hair all mixed up on the top your head I suspect you are going to be pretty unhappy with the outcome. But hey im not a doctor and it might look great.

Good luck

• 1 month later...

Keep on going with the meds dude see if they work, it hasnt been long yet and just hope it works out, if not get a transplant. I knida wish i had tried the meds when i was your age, i might have saved a lot of my hair. Oh happy birthday for the 15 th, i was just reading through your older posts

• 3 weeks later...

Dude that is awesome good on ya bro, you will be so happy that you got it done, well at least for the next few years. hopefully the rest doesn't disappear too quickly.

one question, why didn't he go back a bit further?

looking at it though you have been set up nicely for if you need another hair transplant in the future.

do you have any photos with more of your face?

either way I'm sure you will be glad to have some hair back!

I've just returned from Yanhee International Hospital, after 8 long hours of a total 2000 grafts.

My hair transplant surgeon was Dr. Prasert Seesillapachai.

I deem him a very friendly man, and a professional in his field (it remains to be seen, 6 months time, or so).

The cost was 160100 Thai Baht.

Certainly not a bad cost, at any rate.

I was taken well care of and made aware of all that which concerns having a hair transplant surgery. He was astute about this,

He advised me to continue using Propecia and Minoxidil, or my hair is likely to progress... falling out and thinning.

a

Tomorrow I will be returning to the hospital for a lesson of how to correctly shampoo (special kind), how to apply the head-bands, pills, etc...

My experience thus far at Yanhee, has been incredible. Remarkable, understanding and amicable people.

Last but not least , he prescribed me the following:

- DIAZEPAM 5 mg tab - For insomnia

- CELEBREX 200 mg - Pain relief, anti-inflammatory

- CODIGESIC 15 mg tab - Pain relief

- ACINET(CLAVAM) 625 mg tab - For bacterial infections

- Hidine Scrub 4% solution (special shampoo).

I will be updating regarding my progress, for a years time.

Feel free to ask anything of me.

Snapshot_20131204_4.JPG.c6afde7ebbfca4f65e6ca21a84d4e9ee.JPG

Snapshot_20131204_5.JPG.e777f58581d8283b89238c39c1b428c1.JPG

Snapshot_20131204_6.JPG.3e507bc48b81bf70028dfafe49d41e99.JPG

Snapshot_20131204_7.JPG.be2524e76cca0b7ff7ec63bb4385d8d3.JPG

Snapshot_20131204_8.JPG.7b9d4448628b8389014dddd4c61d0082.JPG