19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

Where the surgeon studied or how many years he's been practicing are of no concern to me. I would have more respect for the doctor who refused your money and turned you away. I'm glad he's not recommended on here. I'd probably get myself banned for the harsh things I'd have to say to him. Good luck on your journey.
Aye, I am still young, have much to learn. I am still young, have much to offer. My hairloss is/was holding me back from much in life. It is not a thing I take ligthly, not a trivial thing. I am dead serious when I say it has (for the past 2-3 years now) retarded my progress in life and caused anxiety. But this hair transplant I am sure will render successful, at least I hope so. Is 20 really that young in your opinion? I had obvious hairloss as well as thinning. I have a excellent donor-area, with thick and healthy hair...

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is 20 really that young in your opinion?

Why do you ask for people's opinions when you don't take them into consideration? I read through this thread. Some of the most experienced members on here weighed in on your situation and you chose to ignore them. I felt like you were wasting everyone's time. And often your response to them was glib - 'You're probably right, but I don't care.' I'm not really sure what the point was when you had already made up your mind. It was frustrating to read through this thread because these people are here to help others and give freely of their time and you were completely dismissive. The funny thing is, and maybe it's a joke to you, if it turns out you're not happy with your result, these same people will continue to offer you their support.

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Why do you ask for people's opinions when you don't take them into consideration? I read through this thread. Some of the most experienced members on here weighed in on your situation and you chose to ignore them. I felt like you were wasting everyone's time. And often your response to them was glib - 'You're probably right, but I don't care.' I'm not really sure what the point was when you had already made up your mind. It was frustrating to read through this thread because these people are here to help others and give freely of their time and you were completely dismissive. The funny thing is, and maybe it's a joke to you, if it turns out you're not happy with your result, these same people will continue to offer you their support.
I know people are trying to offer to me their aid and good-will. But still, there is little reason the hair transplant will not work. Yes, I will keep balding and thinning, most definitely - but that should not render my hair transplant useless. If it indeed is a successful one, then the hairs in the graft-site are permanent, and will either stay there for years and years to come, or throughout the rest of my life.

The only advise I did not take, was to wait another 5-10 years. As a thing, that to me is just not possible. I have waited long enough as it is (2-3 years). I for one, think I chose a well-qualified doctor, whom took his time to give ear to my say, and answered every question of mine, be that in person or via e-mail, and still he does. I was well taken care of. He even went to the length of sending me to a psychiatrist pre-op, in order to just make sure I wasn't "suffering" from something else as well - and I was cleared, of course. The hair transplant will most likely work just as well on me as it will on any other person. Yes, determining further hairloss I am sure will be an arduous task, but far from impossible. The quality of my hair is probably much better than that of a 28-40 year old, considering my age.

Another thing... I had initially planned on going to Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, who IS in fact recommended on this site. And he personally accepted my request after seeing my pictures and having explained to him my situation. Yet another well-qualified and experienced hair transplant surgeon.

There are things in life I will not let others decide for me. There are things in life I must accomplish, in order to prosper. This is one of those things. I could not, nor will I remain quiet and introvert. Hair to me is of great importance, as it is to the rest of you, am I sure. Kind of an extension of my personality, my security.

It is not as though I blindly ventured headlong into this.

I've been considering it for quite some time now, and

at last picked up the much-needed courage to see it

through, once and for all.

I did my research, weighed opinions, and finally made up my mind. I regret nothing.

There are things in life I will not let others decide for me.

Then why did you come on here and ask this in your initial post?

I've read that one ought not have a hair transplant done at so young a age, rather wait another 10 years or so (in my case). What say you?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 3 weeks later...

- If I am not entirely blind, I am starting to notice some new growth, but very insignificant, as I am still shedding for the most part. Some of the hairs are getting quite long, even though I've had 2 buzz-cuts thus far.

- Still on Propecia and Minoxidil 5%.

- I use Selsun anti-dandruff shampoo, for battling my merciless case of dandruff (it has been like this for years now, and I've finally decided to do something about it).

- Hairline is still looking nice.

One more month or so to go...

DSC_0001.jpg.28810f391133f4059232553851a3bf54.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg.4551996289df67399461c0848204dd2c.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg.0999cb47df469310f6bf016ca98ded2b.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg.43f16d94e3de34c7afab094be01c9414.jpg

I know that you are taking a lot of flack on this thread, and I am sorry for that, but I do have to say that this is not a good transplant at all. The transplanted density is way too low for a hairline, the hairline (IMO) was planted too flat and a little too low (a lot too low depending on who you are asking) and is just not artistic at all. By no means is this a quality transplant and I feel very very confident that you will not be happy with the results. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but anyone that says that you are looking good just doesn't have an eye for what a natural HT looks like. The transplant is not comically bad, i.e. 1985 type transplant, but it is pretty dang bad. Sorry bro...but you needed to hear the truth. 10 months from now you will be looking another procedure.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hair Transplants have come a long way since the 90s/early 2000s. Sadly, this Dr. Prasert Seesillapachai hasn't kept up with the advancements.

Mirror, do you notice how the HT work looks absolutely nothing like your natural hair? That's because this "doctor" ignored how hair naturally grows. It looks as if he placed multi-hair grafts throughout and placed them in rows. You should request a breakdown of grafts (singles, doubles, trips, etc.). My intuition tells me very few singles were used. The wide spacing between grafts also indicates these might be mini grafts, not true follicular units. He also should have blended into your existing hair. I'm sorry to say the chances of this looking good and/or natural are slim, and I know what I'm talking about because I had similar work done by a hack surgeon nearly 8 years ago.

What's puzzling is that you were lucky enough to find this forum beforehand, were given some great advice that you chose to ignore, and gained knowledge of the top HT surgeons. That being said, your situation will be fixable, I believe, in the hands of a talented HT surgeon. Take one word of advice: if this HT does not meet your expectations, please do not return to Dr. Seesillapachai for more "free" work. And remember, no one on this forum wants you to have a bad result, and regardless of the outcome we will be here to continue to offer support and advice.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I know that you are taking a lot of flack on this thread, and I am sorry for that, but I do have to say that this is not a good transplant at all. The transplanted density is way too low for a hairline, the hairline (IMO) was planted too flat and a little too low (a lot too low depending on who you are asking) and is just not artistic at all. By no means is this a quality transplant and I feel very very confident that you will not be happy with the results. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but anyone that says that you are looking good just doesn't have an eye for what a natural HT looks like. The transplant is not comically bad, i.e. 1985 type transplant, but it is pretty dang bad. Sorry bro...but you needed to hear the truth. 10 months from now you will be looking another procedure.
I hope you're wrong. I guess we'll just have to wait and see for ourselves. The fact that the pattern is a bit off does not bother me the least. But still, it is far too early to pass such judgement, do you not agree? The way my hair is shedding messes up the pattern and makes it look very off.

Hair Transplants have come a long way since the 90s/early 2000s. Sadly, this Dr. Prasert Seesillapachai hasn't kept up with the advancements.

Mirror, do you notice how the HT work looks absolutely nothing like your natural hair? That's because this "doctor" ignored how hair naturally grows. It looks as if he placed multi-hair grafts throughout and placed them in rows. You should request a breakdown of grafts (singles, doubles, trips, etc.). My intuition tells me very few singles were used. The wide spacing between grafts also indicates these might be mini grafts, not true follicular units. He also should have blended into your existing hair. I'm sorry to say the chances of this looking good and/or natural are slim, and I know what I'm talking about because I had similar work done by a hack surgeon nearly 8 years ago.

What's puzzling is that you were lucky enough to find this forum beforehand, were given some great advice that you chose to ignore, and gained knowledge of the top HT surgeons. That being said, your situation will be fixable, I believe, in the hands of a talented HT surgeon. Take one word of advice: if this HT does not meet your expectations, please do not return to Dr. Seesillapachai for more "free" work. And remember, no one on this forum wants you to have a bad result, and regardless of the outcome we will be here to continue to offer support and advice.

If it indeed ends up as you say, I will NOT return to the same doctor, of course. Again, isn't it too early to pass judgement, especially 2 mere months post op?

mirror,

I've seen A LOT of HT work over the past 8 years, as have many members of this forum. We can recognize good work from the bad work just by looking at intra/post op pics. If you spend any time on this forum really looking at pictures you should be able to tell the difference, too. Many doctors can remove grafts, place them, and they will grow. But the top doctors, the ones chosen to be represented on this forum, make that hair look as natural as possible and replicate your own hair patterns, etc.

Just out of curiosity, I found this clinic's web site. There is not a single picture or example of the work they do. And they don't just do HTs. Did you see any of their work before having this done? Did you speak with any of their clients?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

mirror, Just out of curiosity, I found this clinic's web site. There is not a single picture or example of the work they do. And they don't just do HTs. Did you see any of their work before having this done? Did you speak with any of their clients?
Passing strange, I agree - the fact that there are no (to my knowledge) pictures, though if you search long enough, I am sure you will stumble upon a few. I have read a review on this doctor, and it was positive. But still, I agree... there is little to be found. Hmm...

Passing strange, I agree - the fact that there are no (to my knowledge) pictures, though if you search long enough, I am sure you will stumble upon a few. I have read a review on this doctor, and it was positive. But still, I agree... there is little to be found. Hmm...
Nota bene: it is not a clinic, it is an international hospital.

You read a review? Listen, I made the same mistake as you, although I didn't have the benefit of this forum and all it's knowledge until after that mistake. I hope you will smarten up and really heed the advice you are given from here on out.

You read a review? Listen, I made the same mistake as you, although I didn't have the benefit of this forum and all it's knowledge until after that mistake. I hope you will smarten up and really heed the advice you are given from here on out.
I know you wish me well, but you speak as though as my hair transplant is a true disaster and will never work out. Do you honestly think there is no hope for my hair transplant?

mirror, The hair he transplanted will likely grow. You will NOT look like a freak and send people running for the hills. I am very doubtful it will look natural when scrutinized, though. And if you are someone who cares about the appearance of their hair, which clearly you are, you will not be satisfied with this result. It will look stalky, and thin. It will be difficult to style since it is not blended with your native hair. A qualified surgeon should be able to "fix" this by planting true, single unit FUs in between the prior work. Again, I am speaking from experience, my own, and having seen it on these forums for many years.

mirror, The hair he transplanted will likely grow. You will NOT look like a freak and send people running for the hills. I am very doubtful it will look natural when scrutinized, though. And if you are someone who cares about the appearance of their hair, which clearly you are, you will not be satisfied with this result. It will look stalky, and thin. It will be difficult to style since it is not blended with your native hair. A qualified surgeon should be able to "fix" this by planting true, single unit FUs in between the prior work. Again, I am speaking from experience, my own, and having seen it on these forums for many years.
I see. Let's hope for the best, and expect the worse...

I see. Let's hope for the best, and expect the worse...
I think the reason as to why the distance between the hairs are so great, is because most of the hairs now have already shed, leaving a strange and abnormal appearance. Right after the hair transplant, the hairs were transplanted (the red marks) quite close together, inasmuch I could see. Edited by TheMirrorOfDreams

I agree with many of the points that hairthere made however it is still very early post-op for mirror's procedure to fully judge the merits of it good or not.

This community has indeed been a huge help to many, many people and eventually those who became HT patients.

mirror, I agree that many of the grafts shed right about the time you are seeing it and the best thing to do at the present time is to allow "time to do its thing".

The dormant grafts need to rest for 3-4 months post-op and lets hope most of them will regrow and produce coverage, at the proper angles and direction.

There is really nothing that you can do now about your past decisions and if, and I repeat "if" the result is not acceptable, you can learn from hairthere's advice and others.

There are many talented and reputable HT surgeons within this community to potentially contact that can work wonders.

Wishing you the best outcome in the coming months...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I know you wish me well, but you speak as though as my hair transplant is a true disaster and will never work out. Do you honestly think there is no hope for my hair transplant?

I do wish you well, but you should know what is what so you aren't looking for something that is not going to happen. Like hair there said, the veterans here can look at a post op photos and easily tell you if something is off, if the density will be sufficient, if the angles are right, etc. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, but I just got upset when I read through this whole thread. If you have any kind of expectations as far as naturalness and density, then I feel the correct answer is yes, it will never work out. You will not look like a "freak" but you will not get an acceptable result IMO. The best that you can hope for at this time is that you get a high yield so that the strip that was taken was not in vain and these grafts will provide coverage. Then you can get an expert physician complete the restoration.

What's done is done but I hope that other young men (and older men too) see this thread and head advice given to them from veteran members. You should not have had the surgery, but if you were going to have it, it should have been from a skilled doc. Donor is finite in the best of hands, but when you are young and get a HT that is aggressive from a non-skilled surgeon it can end up down right tragic.

Hopefully what was planted grows and you can sort things out (which means another procedure, 100 percent sure) without much more long term damage than a hairline that is a little aggressive (mine is too but I'm almost twice your age). Hopefully use use meds to the fullest and are able to keep what you have for many years.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I do wish you well, but you should know what is what so you aren't looking for something that is not going to happen. Like hair there said, the veterans here can look at a post op photos and easily tell you if something is off, if the density will be sufficient, if the angles are right, etc. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, but I just got upset when I read through this whole thread. If you have any kind of expectations as far as naturalness and density, then I feel the correct answer is yes, it will never work out. You will not look like a "freak" but you will not get an acceptable result IMO. The best that you can hope for at this time is that you get a high yield so that the strip that was taken was not in vain and these grafts will provide coverage. Then you can get an expert physician complete the restoration.

What's done is done but I hope that other young men (and older men too) see this thread and head advice given to them from veteran members. You should not have had the surgery, but if you were going to have it, it should have been from a skilled doc. Donor is finite in the best of hands, but when you are young and get a HT that is aggressive from a non-skilled surgeon it can end up down right tragic.

Hopefully what was planted grows and you can sort things out (which means another procedure, 100 percent sure) without much more long term damage than a hairline that is a little aggressive (mine is too but I'm almost twice your age). Hopefully use use meds to the fullest and are able to keep what you have for many years.

Thank you very much! I'll just have to wait for now.

Why are the hairs in the graft-site growing in many different directions? Because the normal hairs grow in the different direction, not all are parallel.

When you transplanted the hairs, did you transplant them in 1's, 2s or 3s, or all? Yes, in the first few rows, I transplant with single hair grafts after that I use 2-3 hairs grafts in combination.

Are you sure it will end up looking normal? Yes, but you will see when you leave long hair style, the only thing that is they still look a bit thinner than normal because this is the first operation.

Dr. Prasert Seesillapachai