19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thanks. Almost been a full month since I had the transplant. Two more, and perhaps I will see some new growth, perhaps.

You should definitely see some new regrowth in a few more months. We all respond differently and it may take an extra month or so if you are a late bloomer.

Most see the regrowth between 3-4 months post-op. Happy regrowth to you...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You should definitely see some new regrowth in a few more months. We all respond differently and it may take an extra month or so if you are a late bloomer.

Most see the regrowth between 3-4 months post-op. Happy regrowth to you...;)

My thanks. Hope I will not have to go for another transplant next year.

It' been a whole month. My oh my, has the time flown by.

Nothing much has changed, I am still loosing hairs in the transplant area.

As of now things are quite static. The donor wound is healing well, so it seems.

2 more months, and maybe, just maybe I will see some new growth.

Does smoking pot really make you lose your hair or is that an old wives tale?

Smoking whether pot or tobacco reduces the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream while constricting vital blood vessels, etc.

So I imagine this would be more of an issue immediately following a HT procedure or any type of surgery for that matter. The newly implanted grafts are establishing a new source of blood supply so compromising that might have a negative bearing on the overall yield.

I used to smoke for nearly 40 years and did so after each of my four HT procedures. I had no issues with regrowth but I did get late stage lung cancer four years ago and my right lung had to be removed.

I no longer smoke.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Smoking whether pot or tobacco reduces the amount of oxygen in the bloodstream while constricting vital blood vessels, etc.

So I imagine this would be more of an issue immediately following a HT procedure or any type of surgery for that matter. The newly implanted grafts are establishing a new source of blood supply so compromising that might have a negative bearing on the overall yield.

I used to smoke for nearly 40 years and did so after each of my four HT procedures. I had no issues with regrowth but I did get late stage lung cancer four years ago and my right lung had to be removed.

I no longer smoke.

Other than bleeding, is there anything else that could signify loss of grafts? I only bled once from two locations, but no more. I did wear a hoodie an hour after my hair transplant surgery, but only for a couple of minutes. As did I the following days, but only a mere minutes again. I did not however expose my scalp to the sun. Only few days after my FUT, I noticed a very small number of hairs in the transplant/graft area. Is this a normality? It did not look dense at all. The surgeon did 2000 grafts (3500 hairs). Is it normal for a majority of the hairs to fall out right after the surgery, or few days after? Did I do something wrong? Did the doctor err? Am I overreacting? I do however look even balder than what I did pre-hair transplant... Edited by TheMirrorOfDreams

hey man I'm quite sure you will be all right, although i didn't loose any hairs for a good few weeks after the transplant. i wouldn't imagine that they should fall out right away so i would say what you saw is what you are going to get...

but, your hairline is in a good spot now and i am quite sure it will look good :) so stress less dude

hey man I'm quite sure you will be all right, although i didn't loose any hairs for a good few weeks after the transplant. i wouldn't imagine that they should fall out right away so i would say what you saw is what you are going to get...

but, your hairline is in a good spot now and i am quite sure it will look good :) so stress less dude

Yes, you're probanly right. My head is feeling itchy though.

The itching is a sign of healing and a good thing. There are over the counter products like Nioxin that can help with the itching.

Gillenator

I just skimmed through this thread and it's pretty unsettling.

I have a few questions: Is the doctor who performed your surgery recommended on this site? If he is, he should be removed. Are you seeing a therapist? Lastly, where are your parents in all of this? I have a daughter your age and there is no way I would allow her to do something so reckless.

I wish you all the best, but this thread is troubling. I hope you are getting the support from it you need, but your attitude appears to be, 'You are probably right, but I don't care.' So what's the point?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I just skimmed through this thread and it's pretty unsettling.

I have a few questions: Is the doctor who performed your surgery recommended on this site? If he is, he should be removed. Are you seeing a therapist? Lastly, where are your parents in all of this? I have a daughter your age and there is no way I would allow her to do something so reckless.

I wish you all the best, but this thread is troubling. I hope you are getting the support from it you need, but your attitude appears to be, 'You are probably right, but I don't care.' So what's the point?

Hello there! Reckless or not, be that as it may. As far as the transplant is concerned, everything is going according to plans. Its not like my age will cause the hair transplant to fail. As for the doctor, no he is not recommended on this site, but he works at Yanhee International Hospital in Thailand, Bangkok, and has 20 years of experience (I believe he's studied in both France and Japan). Please, I've had enough of that theraphy nonsense. Just stop it. My problem is real, and no, I am not suffering from Body Dysmorphic Disorder, or anything like that. I appreciate your concern though. I am 20 years of age, hence my parents have no say in this. I used my own money, not theirs. I am not an arrogant person, albeit I may appear as one. I choose to follow my own path, be it a somewhat unprecedented and uncertain one. I am open to advice, but what is done is done. I've had my long awaited hair transplant, and I am glad I saw it through.

Where the surgeon studied or how many years he's been practicing are of no concern to me. I would have more respect for the doctor who refused your money and turned you away. I'm glad he's not recommended on here. I'd probably get myself banned for the harsh things I'd have to say to him. Good luck on your journey.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018