19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What month? Might turn out better than you think. Looks like you'll get your lower hairline.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I wouldn't say you're a slow grower at 4 months. It's quite normal to see all these great early results on here and compare our progress to them and feel anxious or begin to despair. I believe I posted a graph for you earlier in the thread.

Actually I think for a completely bald area at 4 months this is perfectly normal!!

Nothing impressive as said, but certainly average! Nothing to be worried about!!!

I hope it turns out good for you!!! It will be against the odds I agree, but so far so normal!!

I wouldn't say you're a slow grower at 4 months. It's quite normal to see all these great early results on here and compare our progress to them and feel anxious or begin to despair. I believe I posted a graph for you earlier in the thread.
I remember. I think now I have reached maybe 15%.

Actually I think for a completely bald area at 4 months this is perfectly normal!!

Nothing impressive as said, but certainly average! Nothing to be worried about!!!

I hope it turns out good for you!!! It will be against the odds I agree, but so far so normal!!

Thanks for the reassurance.

Relax my friend. Forget about it and see where you are in 6 months.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I saw, it's awesome that the action is happening! I just meant that it takes a long time and that maybe it'd be better for you to try and focus on other things for a while :) it'll go quicker when you aren't thinking about it

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

I saw, it's awesome that the action is happening! I just meant that it takes a long time and that maybe it'd be better for you to try and focus on other things for a while :) it'll go quicker when you aren't thinking about it
Right you are. I will try my best not to look, as pedantically. Is it normal for the hair to grow in unevenly? Some places have more hair than others.

Right you are. I will try my best not to look, as pedantically. Is it normal for the hair to grow in unevenly? Some places have more hair than others.

It's really uncommon for transplanted grafts to grow in unevenly. You can find lots of threads of people freaking out that one side grew in first or something like that. The law of averages says that typically the growth should be relatively even, but not uncommon to have some thinner patches for awhile. Don't worry about it.

It's really uncommon for transplanted grafts to grow in unevenly. You can find lots of threads of people freaking out that one side grew in first or something like that. The law of averages says that typically the growth should be relatively even, but not uncommon to have some thinner patches for awhile. Don't worry about it.
Oh, I see. I guess my hair is growing in relatively even, not like one side has significantly more hair than the other or the middle part for that matter. Thanks for responding!

It's really uncommon for transplanted grafts to grow in unevenly.

Actually it's not that uncommon at all.

I have made a vow not to look at my hair at all for the next 3 coming weeks.

Now that's the best self advice that I have heard in a long time...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yep the unevenness is all part of it and why one should try and forget for a while

Were you aware of this?

"The explanation is that the genetic reason for Pattern Baldness is linked to your mother's X-Chromosome. Everyone get one-half of their genetic make-up from their mother and their father. The final chromosome pair of the 23 pairs is the sex determining set. While males are XY and females are XX the determination of an individuals sex is made by the father. It is the father who gives either the X chromosome, which matches with the woman’s X resulting in XX and a female child or the Y chromosome which joins with the woman’s X resulting in an XY match and a male child. It is the X chromosome or female sex chromosome that contains the gene for Male Pattern Baldness. Since men have only one X chromosome, the gene for baldness is a single expression gene that shows up because there is no possible dominant gene to suppress what would normally be a recessive or hidden characteristic. Since Male Pattern Baldness gene is only on the X chromosome and men can only get that chromosome from their mothers, it is simple to see how this type of baldness is passed from mother to son."