19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

They are thicker up front because you have miniaturization behind it. No one deserves a result like this, but people were practically begging you not to go through with it. I would guess that you'll have have some visible scarring with the amount work you'll need. It's really a shame. To boot, with your age, you may be chasing hair until you run out of donor. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I would also consider sticking with fue and h and w does not do fue I believe.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are thicker up front because you have miniaturization behind it. No one deserves a result like this, but people were practically begging you not to go through with it. I would guess that you'll have have some visible scarring with the amount work you'll need. It's really a shame. To boot, with your age, you may be chasing hair until you run out of donor. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes. I would also consider sticking with fue and h and w does not do fue I believe.
I know. I only have myself to blame. Still a little way to go though. And I haven't tried growing my hair out yet. You're right about H&W, that they don't do FUE, which is a shame. I think they do it, but only in extreme cases. So I will have to find someone else, but I don't know where to begin...

I know. I only have myself to blame. Still a little way to go though. And I haven't tried growing my hair out yet. You're right about H&W, that they don't do FUE, which is a shame. I think they do it, but only in extreme cases. So I will have to find someone else, but I don't know where to begin...

You live in Europe right?

Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Koray, Dr. Bisanga, and maybe a few other Turkish doctors with a good reputation are people I would consider. Dr. Bisanga has a case on here where he successfully reversed a small fut case with minimal visible scarring. I wouldn't do anything until I grew it out. You might be able to get away with no work for several years which will hopefully out you in a better financial situation.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

What hurts us the most is that veteran members really tried to help you avoid this unfortunate situation, and instead of creating an offline blog after you didn't want to listen to our advice, you continued to post all of the unfortunate details here on the HRN, like kind of in our faces.

There seems to be more and more of that on this forum recently, people who don't want to listen and who want to trash the way the forum has worked so well in the past to really help people choose an outstanding surgeon and avoid our past mistakes, it's like they think having a recommended group of elite surgeons is just "stupid" or "not worth it unless the doc is cheap."

I hope it works out for you and that you can correct your situation by going to a great repair surgeon recommended by this forum.

Also hope you can help others avoid making the same mistake, by posting advice and trying to help new members make an informed decision.

Good luck and I think eventually you will be in a much better place!

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

"What hurts us the most is that veteran members really tried to help you avoid this unfortunate situation, and instead of creating an offline blog after you didn't want to listen to our advice..."

In all fairness, he's a 19-year old kid, so bad decision making can be par for the course. I think most of us on here probably ignored some good advice at that age. Lucky for him this was done at a time when there are doctors doing amazing HT work and can fix this.

Mirror, Your job now, if you choose, is to share your story, be it with peers or others, and help them avoids such HT pitfalls.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Smoking, regardless of the substance causes blood vessels to constrict and promote affixation so that the blood's oxygen level is compromised.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Perhaps the angle of the hairs are not so nice, but at least I am experiencing new hair growth. Not much, but it's definitely gaining in density.

Nice to hear that the regrowth is coming along...:)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 1 month later...

It has now been a total of 240 days (just about 8 months) since I had my hair transplant.

I recently shaved my head down to a millimeter, in order to much more clearly show the follicles to you.

It seems most has grown in, I would say around 1300-1500 grafts, which is less than he promises me, but still not too bad either.

I will be going to Hasson and Wong in Canada next year, around November, tot have another 1000-3000 grafts done, some more work.

What do you think... any thoughts, opinions? It doesn't look half bad, right? Or...? It seems pretty even, though still too thin.

Thank you very much!

DSC_0045.jpg.a951b6c680fce51a70816c66b02e850b.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg.828ce0ed2663a404a2c2c84a0e898cbf.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg.ac5fa2a7e4fc9d50973acde72ee283eb.jpg

What do you think... any thoughts, opinions? It doesn't look half bad, right? Or...? It seems pretty even, though still too thin.

I don't know, man, it looks a little cornrow-ish to me. And there's a noticeable gap between the native hair and graft site. I hope it all works out for you. But it appears to me that you will be dealing with this some years down the road - filling that gap as your hairline continues to recede.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I don't know, man, it looks a little cornrow-ish to me. And there's a noticeable gap between the native hair and graft site. I hope it all works out for you. But it appears to me that you will be dealing with this some years down the road - filling that gap as your hairline continues to recede.
Right you are. The gap hasn't really moved in the past 8 months... it hasn't widened, which is a good thing. I am still on Propecia and Minoxidil. Another 2000 grafts should do it, if I do not keep on balding much more over the next year. Hasson & Wong NEXT! Read they do FUE in special cases, so...

I really think you dug a big hole for yourself. I'm really sorry but we all told you that you were much too young for a procedure and there would be a risk of further balding. Sadly the perceived result currently does not look good or natural.. Maybe it will look better grown out and with a few more months but I don't see it as being refined work.. You most likely will have to have another procedure to correct this, expending even more of your precious donor...

I really think you dug a big hole for yourself. I'm really sorry but we all told you that you were much too young for a procedure and there would be a risk of further balding. Sadly the perceived result currently does not look good or natural.. Maybe it will look better grown out and with a few more months but I don't see it as being refined work.. You most likely will have to have another procedure to correct this, expending even more of your precious donor...
It does look better grown out, this much I know. I still have some new growth coming in, not much, but some, mostly in the middle-area. Yes, you're right, I will be having another procedure, in a year's time or so. Hopefully Propecia will be able to ward off any further balding, at least any further noticeable balding... maybe, maybe not. I expect the worst, hope for the best. I may or may not lose all the hair on top of my head. My father has not, and he is nearing his fifties. He has a decent amount of hair. However, even though it doesn't look especially good as of now, it has given me more much needed confidence. I am not satisfied, but I feel a little better about myself, even though the current result may not look very pleasing to the eye, on close hold.

I will keep updating once in a while.

Yes, as predicted by many, this is not a modern, quality HT result. Remind everyone of the surgeon's name please so people know better than to fall victim to his outdated, atrocious work.

Mirror, This can be fixed but it is important you HEED YOUR NEXT SURGEON'S ADVICE, and not do anything too aggressive. You will need to conserve grafts for potential future loss. Perhaps some of those egregious multis can be removed and redistributed. Also, while H&W are amazing at what they do, I would certainly consult a few other surgeons. And I would not count on them doing FUE.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It does look better grown out, this much I know. I still have some new growth coming in, not much, but some, mostly in the middle-area. Yes, you're right, I will be having another procedure, in a year's time or so. Hopefully Propecia will be able to ward off any further balding, at least any further noticeable balding... maybe, maybe not. I expect the worst, hope for the best. I may or may not lose all the hair on top of my head. My father has not, and he is nearing his fifties. He has a decent amount of hair. However, even though it doesn't look especially good as of now, it has given me more much needed confidence. I am not satisfied, but I feel a little better about myself, even though the current result may not look very pleasing to the eye, on close hold.

I will keep updating once in a while.

I really wish you all the best. 19 is such a young age to have made such a big decision, I just wish you listened to us. Do keep us updated.

Clearly, Mirror is paying the price for his impetuosity.

Still, it's worth remembering that there are several cases in which patients did their research, had consultations, even spoke to previous patients and still ended up with disappointing results.

Mirror's result could be worse - not much, I admit - but I think a talented surgeon could make his hairline look quite natural.

If however, his hair loss continues unimpeded by meds, it's pretty much GUARANTEED that he'll be wearing a hair system by his mid to late 20s.

Clearly, Mirror is paying the price for his impetuosity.

Still, it's worth remembering that there are several cases in which patients did their research, had consultations, even spoke to previous patients and still ended up with disappointing results.

Mirror's result could be worse - not much, I admit - but I think a talented surgeon could make his hairline look quite natural.

If however, his hair loss continues unimpeded by meds, it's pretty much GUARANTEED that he'll be wearing a hair system by his mid to late 20s.

To hell with hair systems. xD That I would NEVER on my life wear, ever! I would rather have an SMP procedure carried out. That way I could even pretty well cover up the scar too. When my hair grew out it didn't at all look bad, but very thin, especially in the middle part. I will have it filled in next year, and hopefully no more hairloss will I experience over the next year. I estimate I have about 3500-5000 grafts left, which isn't that bad. Plus I have an immense amount of coarse body hair, EVERYWHERE, enough to even cover a NW7, I kid you not. One thing I WILL have done, is to extract the hairs he implanted on the very side of my head. It looks very stupid. Does FUE leave you with visible scars, in the hands of an expert hair transplant surgeon. Some say my result looks okay and even good, while others call me a fool and tell me it looks horrible.

"is to extract the hairs he implanted on the very side of my head."

Why did he graft into the sides? Wow, this doctor is awful. Again I implore you to name him every chance you get so people are aware. I would name my first lousy HT surgeon, Joseph Karamikian, every chance I got. He is now no longer practicing and I'd like to think I had something to do with that.

"is to extract the hairs he implanted on the very side of my head."

Why did he graft into the sides? Wow, this doctor is awful. Again I implore you to name him every chance you get so people are aware. I would name my first lousy HT surgeon, Joseph Karamikian, every chance I got. He is now no longer practicing and I'd like to think I had something to do with that.

To hell with hair systems. xD That I would NEVER on my life wear, ever! I would rather have an SMP procedure carried out. That way I could even pretty well cover up the scar too. When my hair grew out it didn't at all look bad, but very thin, especially in the middle part. I will have it filled in next year, and hopefully no more hairloss will I experience over the next year. I estimate I have about 3500-5000 grafts left, which isn't that bad. Plus I have an immense amount of coarse body hair, EVERYWHERE, enough to even cover a NW7, I kid you not. One thing I WILL have done, is to extract the hairs he implanted on the very side of my head. It looks very stupid. Does FUE leave you with visible scars, in the hands of an expert hair transplant surgeon. Some say my result looks okay and even good, while others call me a fool and tell me it looks horrible.

Yeah well you're saying "to hell with hair systems" NOW because you're 20 and still have much of your hair.

Will you feel the same if/when you're sporting a mane of hair in your frontal third and an expanse of bare scalp behind it? Will you feel the same when people are pointing and chuckling at your "unconventional" hairstyle?

Who knows? Maybe meds will stabilise your loss and maybe a visit to a high quality surgeon will fix the "row-seating" implantation effect you now sport - I certainly hope so - but there's a good chance you're gonna be disappointed.

All the best anyway

Yeah well you're saying "to hell with hair systems" NOW because you're 20 and still have much of your hair.

Will you feel the same if/when you're sporting a mane of hair in your frontal third and an expanse of bare scalp behind it? Will you feel the same when people are pointing and chuckling at your "unconventional" hairstyle?

Who knows? Maybe meds will stabilise your loss and maybe a visit to a high quality surgeon will fix the "row-seating" implantation effect you now sport - I certainly hope so - but there's a good chance you're gonna be disappointed.

All the best anyway

I see what you mean. If that should happen, I will have SMP, simple as that.

I see what you mean. If that should happen, I will have SMP, simple as that.

How's that gonna work? Long hair over the frontal third and SMP all the way back over the crown and the scar??

How silly do you think that's going to look?

Even if you shaved your head down to a crew cut - number 1 all over - is SMP gonna hide your scar close up?

SOrry, bro; you may THINK you have an answer for everything but you don't. I'm not gonna do what others have done and patronise you with the old "I was young once too" chestnut; I ain't your dad or your big brother.

If you think you know what's best for you, then go ahead and do it. Just be prepared to spend a long time regretting the more impulsive decisions you make.