19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

Mirror,

The "baldness comes from your mother" idea is a myth. Hair loss is a polygenetic condition, which means there are a variety of genes that contribute to the androgenic alopecia process. Unfortunately, it is not as simple as one gene being flipped on or off.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm freaking out now. I tried pulling on one of the transplanted hairs with a pair of tweezers, and it actually dislodged with a bulb attached at the end, and these hairs were actually thick and mature-looking. Is this normal? Thus far, 5 hairs have come out, and I apply no force whatsoever. Please respond. I literally feel sick to my stomach...

Edited by TheMirrorOfDreams

Hi mate!

Chill out it will just be the follicle the rest if it will still be there to regrow!!! Just like when your naturally shed in the resting phase!!

However I wouldn't be pulling at them, it's just not needed!!!

Your result looks normal so far at this stage, I'd be tempted to shave your top a little shorter so there's not such a big contrast between where your old hair finished as obviously that's a lot denser at this moment in time !!

Maybe a grade 3 or 2 on top!!

But to be fair everything looks normal to me!! Not outstanding growth yet but. On track there or there abouts where it should be!!

I know it's really hard but try and relax a bit and don't go pulling out hairs you've spent so much time in growing!!!!

Hi mate!

Chill out it will just be the follicle the rest if it will still be there to regrow!!! Just like when your naturally shed in the resting phase!!

However I wouldn't be pulling at them, it's just not needed!!!

Your result looks normal so far at this stage, I'd be tempted to shave your top a little shorter so there's not such a big contrast between where your old hair finished as obviously that's a lot denser at this moment in time !!

Maybe a grade 3 or 2 on top!!

But to be fair everything looks normal to me!! Not outstanding growth yet but. On track there or there abouts where it should be!!

I know it's really hard but try and relax a bit and don't go pulling out hairs you've spent so much time in growing!!!!

Thank you very much. Your words mean a lot to me.

Yes. 1s are used for the hairline to give it a natural look. 2s and 3s are used to add density.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I remember chancing upon some forum not so long ago, concerning my hair transplant doctor (Prasert Seesillapachai).

There was this person who'd had surgery done to him by yours truly, Dr. Seesillapachai. I remember reading he not

only had 1 transplant done, but two. Its the same with me - as I have already had one, and he now wants me to come

back for a second one. He told me (before) the transplant will be a little thin and maybe not dense enough ( why the hell would ANYONE give their patient a hair transplant they know will be thin and lacking density?), but dense enough to

simulate at least a semi-dense head of hair, as well as covering the scalp. This makes me awfully suspicious. I have a notion this

could be some sort of a sales-trick, in order to make sure the customer returns later on, in order the maximize their own profits.

I know I am already VERY early in, but I can't help but fear the possibilty that he just might be a charlatan of some sort.

Yes, my hair is growing and new hairs are appearing, but still...

I have been informed I have somewhere between 3500 - 5000 grafts left.

I should have heeded your words, to be sure.

But my idiot-self paid little attention.

All is not lost, for I still have time and there is a possibility it's going to end on a good note.

I have played the fool, have I not?

Am I contemplating overmuch?

Can you see a light at the end of the tunnel for me?

Should it fail, I will next time consult a HIGHLY_RECOMMENDED surgeon, and not the "butcher of Bangkok" (I'm probably overreacting, but I can't help feeling angry at myself and at him).

What matters it. In the end I am doomed for failure, am I not...

What say you?

I will be taking 100 days off from posting updates or photos on my forum.

That means I will take no pictures for 3 months, more or less.

I mean no ill by this. I just need to lay off for some time, and direct my

focus/attention on other things in my life. Fix things.

I am starting to question my own sanity, when it comes to my hair.

Hence for what the coming days are concerned, I will try and lay my

worries to rest and do something else for a change.

I am NOT abandoning this thread.

Again, I'll be back, and hopefully with a greater head of hair.

Peace.

Good idea mate!!!

It's a very consuming process and I think most people if not all obsess over it when it's done!! Results aren't instant or guaranteed so it's a very stressful thing to do!!

Your a young lad and have had a lot if criticism on this thread, some justified some a little harsh!!

I think your looking on track, and if needed in 12 months a second procedure will sort you out to where you want to be. This time I'm sure you will listen to the good advice youv been given and choose your dr wisely.

Try and relax for a few months and let nature do its course!! Good luck and I look forward to your return with a positive result.

Next time, I will have reconstructive surgery and mimic the hairline in the photo. Just slightly lower and not as much v-shaped.

I have played the fool. I see that now.

As long as the majority of my new hair grows out successfully, I will be content. I always thought that having a nearly straight hairline (the likes of Norwood 0) would be like a dream come true, but I now see how wrong I was. I am not very happy with how low, straight and unartistic it looks.

Next time (in two years exactly) I will opt for either Hasson & Wong, Dr. Sanusi Umar (I will visit Dr. Umar and have a BHT, in order to fully restore my temples) or Bernstein Medical, there to have a reconstructive surgery.

In your opinion, is 22/23 an acceptable age for having a hair transplant?

5b32dedf25bdd_images(2).jpg.271bf6b4f75f6a09883661511bf680f4.jpg

• 1 month later...

It has now been 6.27528804 months/191 days since I had my hair transplant.

Things are moving along not swimmingly, but somewhat decently.

I doubt I now have any more than 1000 grafts out of the total of 2000 implanted.

New hair is still sprouting and some immature hairs are steadily growing.

The sides are filling in "nicely", while the facade remains thin.

But I have to agree with the placement and the angle. IT IS HORRIFIC. Not every single strand, but the majority of them.

I reckon it will look better once my hair gains some length.

I am not pleased at all with the density thus far. Hoping for more.I am expecting 40%-60% more growth, if the doctor did his job, that is.

New hairs are in fact coming in, but it can not be seen in any of the photos.

And for some reason these hairs are MUCH thicker than my other hair.

DSC_0152.jpg.cd13abfb14aedd1779d8f8f4596527dc.jpg

DSC_0153.jpg.2e9eccdbfca84ee1e30752196d7a3925.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg.bb65e7ce62cc3be1db6822920a7369b1.jpg

Oh dear - your right to be concerned. Your transplanted hair does not blend in at all with your existing ones.

And the angles and direction have been done very poorly by the looks of things.

This will be a repair case as you might have guessed already.

Sorry it has not worked out for you - 6 months is a milestone and you kind of get a feel of how its going to turn out. This looks like very poor work as we all can unfortunately see.

You are doing the right thing now though by planning on having more work done but by a decent Dr as recommended on this forum.

Oh dear - your right to be concerned. Your transplanted hair does not blend in at all with your existing ones.

Sorry it has not worked out for you - 6 months is a milestone and you kind of get a feel of how its going to turn out. This looks like very poor work as we all can unfortunately see.

You are doing the right thing now though by planning on having more work done but by a decent Dr as recommended on this forum.

Absolutely. Yes, a repair case, in 1 or 2 years. I agree with all you just said. Either Hasson and Wong or Dr. Sanusi Umar, or something of that calibre.

Hard to tell really. I studied the angles and density, and they look in line with his existing hair, in some areas. There is usually a 'soft' area between the graft zone and existing hair that takes time to blend. Sometimes shock loss is a factor, the texture of the new hair, etc. Time will tell.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Sorry to say this is turning out exactly the way we warned you it would. Please refresh our memory on the name of the "doctor" who did this work so others will know to avoid him.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Sorry to say this is turning out exactly the way we warned you it would. Please refresh our memory on the name of the "doctor" who did this work so others will know to avoid him.
Yes. I still have a few more months (well, 6 really) to go on. But I agree, it is not pleasing at all.

The name of the doctor is DR. PRASERT SEESILLAPACHAI, he works at YANHEE INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL.

Would it be possible to re-use the grafts he implanted in the front?

Would this be very expensive?

Do you think Hasson & Wojng would be willing to operate on a 21/22 year old patient, in need of a repair-surgery and further implanting?

At least when I keep it VERY short, it is not AS noticeable.

I would only suggest removing egregious 2-3 hair grafts used in the frontal hairline. Yes at this point a surgeon would take you on despite your age because it's a repair job. They could redistribute grafts in hairline and add more to make it look natural, plus bridge the gap that the previous guy created. H&W are certainly a great place to start consulting. Good luck and please keep us updated!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com