19 Years of age: Norwood 2-3 (is there anybody out there).

"Why didn't he go back a bit further"? - That I wonder about as well. Not much to do about it now, sadly.

I predict my hair to start regrowing in 6-months time.

I deleted my first post, then re-posted it (but with different photos).

Yes, I am now back at my hotel, resting comfortably in my king-size bed.

My head feels like hellfire, but for that I have a sundry of medications.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctor provided me with headbands, in order to stop the swelling from progressing down to the eyes, cheeks and neck. Is it true that the edema, the accumulation of fluid, will go away by itself?

You yourself had a hair transplant, am I right?

If so, how long did it take for your hair to reach it's full potential?

PS: I am here alone.

haha rest up mate, i tried to do as little as possible because i didn't want to stretch my scar any more than necessary.

yeh i had a transplant my hair is at where it is now after close to 7 months so hopefully it still has more to go. check my thread for my latest pic, i don't think my planned hair style is to a lot of peoples likings though :P

the band for the swelling is an interesting idea, i wonder if it will work?

Pray things work out for you as well.

It seems as though (thus far) the hair transplant surgery has served you well.

Hairloss is no laughing matter.

By the by, I just lightly bumped the back of my head on the wall (I dozed off in the bathtub, alas).

You don't think this will be a problem? At least I did not bump the front of my head...

unless there is blood i think you will be fine mate, when you go to sleep i assume you will be upright and not laying down?

in the first few days after my transplant i went to touch my forehead and i wiped my hand over the grafts so hard i almost cried. i was terrified i had stuffed the front half of my hair in the middle but it appears to be fine. accidents do happen but just try to do as little as possible and relax!

all the best to you as well

The doctor advised me to use two pillows. I'm not sure if this will be enough. I could tuck a blanket and elevate my neck. That way the back of my head should not come in too much contact with the pillow(s).

The scar on the back of my head looks rather large. It stretches from one side of the ear to the other.

I may be wrong however.

The doctor also advised me to grow my hair long, that way the scar will practically be nowhere to be seen.

Is there any chance none of my newly transplanted hair will grow out, even if I follow the instructions to a tee? I've read about shockloss, and it has me worried.

Judging by the lighting in the photographies provided, it looks as though the doctor did not fill in all the "bald/thinning" areas.

It looks far better off camera, as the photographies were taken with a webcam, and an old one at that.

Pre surgery, the doctor told me that I might have to come back sooner or later for a new hair transplant session, something I do not mind. But I hope I'll get to enjoy at least a few prosperous years of healthy, long and thick hair.

Sorry, I haven't been following the thread, but...

Is this thread legit, did a 19 year old just get a hair transplant procedure done? :confused:

The Dr involved should be thoroughly ashamed of himself. Exploiting a kid and giving him a NW0 hairline.

I hope I'm wrong but this will probably be a repair case in 12 months. You could argue it already is based on the way the hairline has been transplanted.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I am 20, by the way.

I did indeed get a hair transplant. Yes, I agree... it was dearing of me, but foolhardy, I don't know about that...

Only time will tell. A bad idead, maybe, maybe not... that is a chance I am willing to take.

I don't believe he exploited me. He made me well aware before surgery of all the potential side-effects, asked of my why I wanted to have it. He even demanded of me to pay the hospital psychologist a visit, before he would even allow for me to go through with the hair transplant surgery. I needed her permission, and even she was reluctant to grant me it. But she could sense the trauma it had caused me over the past few years.

Why should he be ashamed exactly? I for one, am not willing to wait a decade or so, just to have a hair transplant surgery then. The psychological aspect of loosing one's hair, at such young a age, is to say the very least a burden.

My hairloss, now that I think about it, has been progressing for approximately 3 years, maybe more.

With it comes misery, as I am sure you and every other hairloss sufferer is well aware of.

It may create a patchy look in the future, I may not be able to predict my potential hairloss pattern, but that is a chance I am willing to take, and I took it.

I will keep on updating for 1 years time, perhaps more.

I'm pretty sure you will be out of it for a few days. i spent near on a week just resting, and I'm a fit and healthy guy. i couldn't imagine going to work after only a few days.

Rest up and heal fast :)

My doctor gave me a medium size sun/hat (I have a large head, and much too large for this cap) to wear. It does not work out, as it puts too much pressure on my hair. Instead of this, can I wear a loose fitting hoodie? It barely puts any strain on my hair, and I will only be wearing it for 5 minutes in total, 3 days a week. How does this sound? Could this ruin my newly implanted hair?

Right after surgery, on the way back to my hotel, sitting in the taxi, I experienced some light bleeding. Is this normal? Should I be worried. I thought maybe the sun hat could have caused it...

One more thing... where the follicles have been implanted (front of the head, in my case), is it normal to see very few hairs? I just thought maybe the hat could have caused them to fall out.

hey i had almost a hair per transplant graft i think? i don't know i remember seeing a lot of little hairs.i didn't bother to wear a hat and if it was for 5 mins 3 days a week i wouldn't waste my time plus risk the grafts
You are absolutely right about that. Though, do you think putting very light pressure on the donor area, might lead to complications? How much force would it take for the grafts to come out, I wonder...

You had FUE?

nah i had strip, i was just learning what things were called then and got it wrong, and haven't changed it since. i can't work out how to update it.

i never tried to pull a graft out but I'm sure someone on here would know. i just didn't want to touch or disturb them. i didn't even touch it for about a week after, and i only used water and soap mixed together to wash it for the first week

My first trip to my hair transplant surgeon, after my hair transplant.

I was shown how to correctly apply the compression bandage, as well the special anti-bacterial shampoo.

He told me I would most likely not attain ample density in only one session, hence another trip he deemed necessary. 1 full year, and the hair should have reached its potential, in both texture, thickness, length...

2 appointments remain now:

- 1 check-up tomorrow.

- Removal of stitches on 14th. of December.

Just returned from my 2/3 post-surgery appointment.

Dr. Prasert informed me everything was as should be, and that I have nothing no worry about.

The grafts looked good, the swelling will most likely subside in 3 days time, and my next and last appointment is on the 14th. of December.