Best Hairlines

No one mentioned Dr. Rahal.

Is he still doing transplants?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This result is great with the amount of grafts! I would like to see the back of his head though. He's wearing his hair pretty short back there. Dr. Konior seems like a TOP choice for natural looking hairlines. But as we all know there are more factors that come into play when dealing with possible scar stretching than the Doctor, even at the top level.

I still need to post photos of my scar because people have asked. I just haven't been able to find it nor is it visible with short hair. In that video I don't doubt that the back of his head looks like a normal head without any visible scar with the way he wears his hair. But since we don't have access to that guy I'll take photos of the back of my head. *For what it's worth, you'll notice in my profile pic how short I wear the sides of my head, and no scar is visible.

Spanker, did you ever post pics of the back of your head? Does your Konior scar show at all?

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

Does Dr. K do FUE at all? You make it sound as if he will if the patient really wanted it. The only draw back for Dr. K to do FUE would be the fact that he would undoubtedly do the extractions and the implanting himself. I'm thinking this would even tax his legendary stamina. You could always e-mail him and ask, he is diligent about answering his e-mails.

He told me he does FUE using a variety of techniques (manual and motorised), with a maximum of 1,500 grafts per day.

We didn't go much further than that as it was towards the end of our chat. I'm only guessing but I suspect his rates for FUE will be very high and his general philosophy is to go with Strip. That's probably why he doesn't present FUE results online.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Sam that is an amzing video.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

He told me he does FUE using a variety of techniques (manual and motorised), with a maximum of 1,500 grafts per day.

We didn't go much further than that as it was towards the end of our chat. I'm only guessing but I suspect his rates for FUE will be very high and his general philosophy is to go with Strip. That's probably why he doesn't present FUE results online.

Thanks for clarifying regarding Dr. Konior and FUE. You had more discussion with him on the method. *1500 grafts a day, that would have made my surgery/graft count take almost three days instead of one. I can see why they charge more for it for sheer overhead costs alone.

Sam Spade

View my HT photo album

Very satisfied customer of Dr. Konior, Chicago

FUT, 3950 grafts, June 2012

Message me if you have any questions regarding my experience or Dr. K.

I still need to post photos of my scar because people have asked. I just haven't been able to find it nor is it visible with short hair. In that video I don't doubt that the back of his head looks like a normal head without any visible scar with the way he wears his hair. But since we don't have access to that guy I'll take photos of the back of my head. *For what it's worth, you'll notice in my profile pic how short I wear the sides of my head, and no scar is visible.

Spanker, did you ever post pics of the back of your head? Does your Konior scar show at all?

No. I may get my wife to try to take a pic. It's a non issue at this point.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

No one mentioned Dr. Rahal.

Is he still doing transplants?

Wow, we've been away from this forum for too long! :)

Dr Rahal is still doing hair transplants. Here are a couple of hairlines I posted yesterday:

IMG_2884-1.jpg

IMG_8867-1.jpg

p34_before_02.jpg

p34_after_03.jpg

Edited by mattj

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Come on Matt, lets see some of those advanced NW cases from Rahal. The man is no way shape or form a one trick pony. He is the total package IMO. Everyone knows his hairlines are fantastic but show us what he can do with us advanced guys :) I know you have posted some in the past so keep them coming :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 2 weeks later...

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I've been a long time lurker on this site and finally decided to create an account to contribute my opinion and experience.

The mistake I made with my hairline was letting the clinic draw too straight of a line and not asking for a more age appropriate hairline for my later years. The temptation of the lower, perfectly straight hairline is very tempting, but you got to know the limitations of the surgery.

We all wish we could have that amazing hairline we see on other men, but I wouldn't go for it unless you want a thin fake looking hairline. If you fall into this category then you will be stuck with one hair style for the rest of your life or until you can find time and money to get it corrected.

Think about what you want to look like when you are older and don't be short sighted. Nothing wrong with critiquing a design even if it is done by a top professional.

Edited by Patriot34

In a recent consult with Dr Diep I told him that mother nature can't even compete with some of his hairlines, particularly restoring the ethnic hairline. His hairlines are the best in my opinion.

For what it's worth, here's a Konior result that got my attention when it came to naturalness and what he could do with only 2000.

Raymond Konior, MD - 2000 Follicular Units - YouTube

^^^up on this one too. He really executed on this one. A true artist. I would care less if the pre-op pick was wet and the pos-op pick was dry. 2000 grafts is awesome for that result . Two days ago I got 2400 grafts from Dr. Konior and hope to get anything like the result in the video

Edited by Midwest00

I've been a long time lurker on this site and finally decided to create an account to contribute my opinion and experience.

The mistake I made with my hairline was letting the clinic (Rockville, MD-WMHC) draw too straight of a line and not asking for a more age appropriate hairline for my later years. The temptation of the lower, perfectly straight hairline is very tempting, but you got to know the limitations of the surgery.

We all wish we could have that amazing hairline we see on other men, but I wouldn't go for it unless you want a thin fake looking hairline. If you fall into this category then you will be stuck with one hair style for the rest of your life or until you can find time and money to get it corrected.

Think about what you want to look like when you are older and don't be short sighted. Nothing wrong with critiquing a design even if it is done by a top professional.

This is very true. I struggled when they first drew my mature hairline. Wanted it lower. I think men get tired of recession on the hairline, therefore when they see a hairline drawn innthaat hows slight recession, they tend to want to reject the notion. I certainly did. Dr Konior highly recommended the mature hairline during my first transplant and he was spot on. I allows Moe density to be added to a smaller overall area and looks great.

Is there a cm number for a mature hairline or just visual estimation?

There is a cm number. The problem is that where to begin measuring is subjective as well. I measure mine at about 7.5 cm, but I have a little eddie munster dip in the center at that point. the rest is 8 cm and much greater in the corners.

I advise to go as high as you are comfortable with. You can always go down, but you can't go up. I worry sometimes that mine may be too aggressive for my future loss, but I worry about everything.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

True-i have considered that last point you mention about going lower in the future, but still trying to imagine what an 8 or 9 cm hairline would look like filled in, since I'm currently very thin in my frontal and hairline areas. Are there pics online or on this site that demonstrate different sized hairlines to help those of us out who are trying to estimate the optimal size.

There is a cm number. The problem is that where to begin measuring is subjective as well. I measure mine at about 7.5 cm, but I have a little eddie munster dip in the center at that point. the rest is 8 cm and much greater in the corners.

I advise to go as high as you are comfortable with. You can always go down, but you can't go up. I worry sometimes that mine may be too aggressive for my future loss, but I worry about everything.

mate, you are fine with 7.5cm, mine is 5cm!

mate, you are fine with 7.5cm, mine is 5cm!

Where are you measuring from?

View Spanker's Website