Best Hairlines

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mattj,

Did Dr. Rahal's patient try finasteride/propecia before surgery? The transplanted hairline looks very natural, but honestly it didn't look bad before - I don't see where it was lowered that much, just thickened up. Could not finasteride/propecia have done alot to improve the hairline without surgery?

I think Dr. Konior's hairlines look great and very natural - however, they also look like politician hairlines - they all make me think of Mitt Romney. I don't have dark, coarse hair; and I don't want to look like a politician! xD

That being said, Patriot34's comments about a hairline that "ages" with you is of concern to me. I love the look of Feriduni's hairlines, but I wonder how these individuals will look in 10 - 20 years.

Mickey85, have you commented before about Shapiro Medical Group's hairlines or FUE?

If this link gets removed by the moderators, the youtube title is "FUE hair transplant, hairline example by Dr Paul Shapiro of Shapiro Medical Group"

Ok......at this point in my life I want a hairline that looks like Michael Tintiuc....not very practical for long term hair loss, perhaps, but for a couple of years at least it would be fun :)

Larapixie: MICHAEL TINTIUC - CASTING CALL / MAY 2010

mattj,

Did Dr. Rahal's patient try finasteride/propecia before surgery? The transplanted hairline looks very natural, but honestly it didn't look bad before - I don't see where it was lowered that much, just thickened up. Could not finasteride/propecia have done alot to improve the hairline without surgery?

I think Dr. Konior's hairlines look great and very natural - however, they also look like politician hairlines - they all make me think of Mitt Romney. I don't have dark, coarse hair; and I don't want to look like a politician! xD

That being said, Patriot34's comments about a hairline that "ages" with you is of concern to me. I love the look of Feriduni's hairlines, but I wonder how these individuals will look in 10 - 20 years.

Mickey85, have you commented before about Shapiro Medical Group's hairlines or FUE?

If this link gets removed by the moderators, the youtube title is "FUE hair transplant, hairline example by Dr Paul Shapiro of Shapiro Medical Group"

Ok......at this point in my life I want a hairline that looks like Michael Tintiuc....not very practical for long term hair loss, perhaps, but for a couple of years at least it would be fun :)

Larapixie: MICHAEL TINTIUC - CASTING CALL / MAY 2010

I prefer rahal hairlines. I've seen others do great work as many have mentioned. It's just personal preference and I think your current NW level and age have a lot to do with this decision.

I don't buy the 'age appropriate' argument. Men who don't lose hair look fine at 50 with a nice strong hairline. Look at Ronald Reagan or bill Clinton. Your face ages, your hair may great a little or a lot... All these things age you and it's not necessary for your hairline to recede to be 'age appropriate' as many claim. If you're coming from a higher Norwood level then perhaps but again this is all case specific IMO.

By the way, Spanker I just looked at your photos. Great result but I don't think you could have gone any more aggressive then you did. That looks like you pretty much got restored to 100% of your post pubescent hairline.

In my humble opinion Shapiro's hairlines are just ok. I think Feriduni really nails it. I don't think much of Shapiro's FUE at this stage.

By the way, Spanker I just looked at your photos. Great result but I don't think you could have gone any more aggressive then you did. That looks like you pretty much got restored to 100% of your post pubescent hairline.

I actually went slightly above or at my natural hairline at the time of the HT. If you look closely at the post ops, you can see where I still have some native hair in front of the transplant in a lot of my hairline.

I could have went more aggressive in the corners, I think this is where a lot of the grafts went, and I sured up my hairline. I didn't drop the frontal hairline at all. If I wanted to be less aggressive I really would have just needed to wait a few years for a HT, but I was ready when I got it done. I'm 34 and had not been really happy with my hairline since I was about 23 or 24, I have just progressed really slowly. I think I have some type of product in my hair when I took these, but you can see that I kept mature corners, so that I if/when I thin in the future, I hope it to look natural.

32jNg4c.gif

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Right, I could see that. However, even the aggressive docs I don't think (save for some rare cases) restore to 100% in all locations. One of things I noticed about rahal hairlines is that he sacrifices the center for the corners. Meaning he will aggressively close the corners but in order to do so he sacrifices the central portion of the hairline. It is a more mature placement but the squaring is more aggressive and creates the illusion of a younger hairline due to the angle. Others will replicate the center point and recede slights at the corners. This approach may end up using same number of grafts but in different locations and yields a more mature look. However, since the hair density will never be a 100% match IMO as you age changing your hair style even with a rahal hair line will give a more mature look.

Right, I could see that. However, even the aggressive docs I don't think (save for some rare cases) restore to 100% in all locations. One of things I noticed about rahal hairlines is that he sacrifices the center for the corners. Meaning he will aggressively close the corners but in order to do so he sacrifices the central portion of the hairline. It is a more mature placement but the squaring is more aggressive and creates the illusion of a younger hairline due to the angle. Others will replicate the center point and recede slights at the corners. This approach may end up using same number of grafts but in different locations and yields a more mature look. However, since the hair density will never be a 100% match IMO as you age changing your hair style even with a rahal hair line will give a more mature look.

I think it is a preference thing by the pt and the doctor as well. If my natural center hairline was higher, I would not have lowered it. Deeper corners was the only way I could have a hair transplant and kept a somewhat mature look. I personally feel that recessed corners give a more mature look, versus an bit higher hairline with closed corners. This is a personal opinion and everyone sees hair differently. I would have liked my natural hairline in the center to be a cm higher, but it wasn't and I was ready for surgery. hopefully I will have the donor to support the line I drew in the sand. I don't think that any of the doctors make the pt chose his (the doctor's) hairline. If the I had a Rahal transplant, I would have ended up with the same shaved hairline, I believe.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

My 2 cents. This is obviously very subjective but over the past half year or so I've searched pretty miticulously and exhaustively at the results of the top FUE surgeons on these forums, including the ones mentioned in this thread. I've looked at results posted by people here, their blogs, and the websites of these surgeons very carefully... I keep coming back and reviewing the same results/stories to weigh them against each other. I've dug around the internet looking for the worst results too. In my humble opinion Feriduni has the best and also most consistent FUE hairline results. Next up would be Bisanga. My criteria for evaluation:

1) Density: Honestly, in most of the pictures posted that I see the actual density of the HT is concealed and manipulated with strategic combing styles and camera angles. A lot of results considered to be a 10/10 by most do not impress me much as there are hints (or different pics) that reveal relatively low density in the transplanted area.

2) Naturalness: It just needs to look natural. The hairlines that follow smooth, straight lines don't cut it. The angling/placement of the hairs and the design of the hairline are big.

3) Consistancy: Pretty much all the top surgeons mentioned have at least one great result, and they tend to only post the best on their website. I've tried to find all the results I can of the surgeons who stood out. How often their results are subpar is important to me.

Spanker your hair looks amazing, looks quite thick enough to me and completely natural for your age.

I also have never understood why anyone over 30 would pursue closed corners or aggressive hairline lowering either. The norm is for people to thin and bald as they age, and there are enough receding and bald people in the world that you would think society would accept it to some extent (but for whatever reasons some of course don't). I personally have no desire to be a minus Norwood or Eddie Munster.

A good HT can make someone look much younger and more confident, which is why we go through the whole process.

But there are other things in life like exercise and overall attitude etc. that are also important, if you go around thinking life sucks because your corners are a little thin or your hairline is not as low as the dudes in hollywood movies and do nothing but think negative, you will probably be miserable anyway.

Dr. Hasson and Dr. Konior are the best FUT hairline doctors in my opinion.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

It sounds a bit mean but I would like to see a bunch of clear photos of hairlines that have thinned out and in real need of work. What DO these solid hairlines look like 10-20 years from now? I know your going to say it depends on the individual, but It would be interesting to see.

p.s. my top hairline Docs are Konior and Feriduni.

It sounds a bit mean but I would like to see a bunch of clear photos of hairlines that have thinned out and in real need of work. What DO these solid hairlines look like 10-20 years from now? I know your going to say it depends on the individual, but It would be interesting to see.

p.s. my top hairline Docs are Konior and Feriduni.

I don't want to see that! ;)

Honestly, I think a lot of people nowadays will get a touch up before they look cosmetically thin to the rest of the world in the hairline area. It's not like you get some hairline work, and then you are just screwed if it ever thins.

View Spanker's Website

• 11 months later...