Dating and Toppik.

Bronte

So about 6 months ago I went out on a few dates with a chick.She was a great sort.probably the best looking women I have ever dated..She saw me on my facebook profile and asked me out..I was very happy to be dating this girl.My hair looks ok passable when styled correctly and with a bit of toppik in the crown area..So anyway after a few dates last year she didnt want to continue the relationship..I was upset but deep down I was ok because I felt she was too good for me anyway,and the facade was over I didn't have to worry about applying toppik and getting caught out covering up..Fast forward 6 months and she rang me up and said sorry for her princess behaviour and can we go out again..At first I was over the moon happy she rang back but on the other hand I'm worried about the constant thought of getting busted concealing my hairloss..what would you guys do in My situation?ps she is very well set up money wise (millionaire).

Ask yourself this. Do you want your hair to control the rest of your life or do you want to live your life to the fullest? We only have 1 life to live, make the most of it. Forget about the hair.

• Like 1

Agree completely with the first reply.......and I'm going to guess she could care less and you're better to live your life carefree of your hair. With that being said, she cut you loose once. Is it wrong to at least hit it once before you let her know? I kid. I kid.:D

But really, hit it once first.

• Like 1

Who knows, but if she got very close to you, she could easily tell you were wearing concealer. Concealers work from a distance, but up close, its obvious you have some junk in your hair.

A girl are your age, it should be a non issue.

If you are getting intimate with someone I imagine you would dim the lights. Problem solved.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Go in there and give the girl a shot man. If you get to know her well enough, you could just tell her. In the meanwhile, dim the lights if you get intimate. ;)

Atticus

So about 6 months ago I went out on a few dates with a chick.She was a great sort.probably the best looking women I have ever dated..She saw me on my facebook profile and asked me out..I was very happy to be dating this girl.My hair looks ok passable when styled correctly and with a bit of toppik in the crown area..So anyway after a few dates last year she didnt want to continue the relationship..I was upset but deep down I was ok because I felt she was too good for me anyway,and the facade was over I didn't have to worry about applying toppik and getting caught out covering up..Fast forward 6 months and she rang me up and said sorry for her princess behaviour and can we go out again..At first I was over the moon happy she rang back but on the other hand I'm worried about the constant thought of getting busted concealing my hairloss..what would you guys do in My situation?ps she is very well set up money wise (millionaire).

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

Ask yourself why she has come back! If she was with you then went off, she obviously wasn't into you enough. You need to be with someone who wants to be with you...period.

I have had the same thing where women come back and its usually because they left you for someone else, it went wrong and they want a backup plan.

The toppik should be the last worry on your list, be more cautious about her intentions.

Golden rule: Never return to a lit firework!

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Stop over thinking it and do it!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I felt she was too good for me anyway

C'mon man, that's not the right attitude. Just be confident and be yourself, everything will fall into place as long as you keep that in mind. I agree with TommyLucchese, don't overthink and just do it!

C'mon man, that's not the right attitude. Just be confident and be yourself, everything will fall into place as long as you keep that in mind. I agree with TommyLucchese, don't overthink and just do it!

That's about it, just do it.

Atticus

600 FUE - 12/07 - Performed by Dr. Umar of Redondo Beach, CA

*****300 leg hair FUE implanted 7/12 to the eyebrows - 150 each eyebrow. Performed by Dr. Umar.

It's a good feeling when a woman reaches out. Congrats on that alone. I've always been outright honest about myself and my "changes". I'd ask if they ever knew anyone that had cosmetic surgery or anything and usually they'd come up with someone or some story. Sometimes it would be them who had work done. It's one way of approaching it. But if you like this person, you would want to be honest and not have anything to hide. If she's cool...she'll continue to be cool. If this isn't, then you've just saved yourself a future issue.

🙃

Personally, I think it is really difficult to have a relationship without the girl knowing you are wearing toppick/nanogen and it is best to stop using it as you will never be able to apply it or keep it looking perfect for very long.

In my experience it comes off on the pillow case and you won't look the same in the morning, unless you are going to sneak off to the bathroom to re-apply in the morning before she notices, it just isn't worth the hassle. If she is genuine and likes you then she won't be concerned with some thinning on the crown.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Wise words from garageland.

I recall one patient who told me a story of waking up with his concealer all over the pillow of the girl that he had been with and then flipped it over quickly (the pillow) before leaving the house.

Must have been a real nightmare situation but he saw the funny side after but does show that the concealer can become a revealer in some circumstance.

If she likes you then she takes you as you are otherwise it could be very shallow and short lived.

Best in whatever you decide!

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

If you think she is too good for you then you will probaly deserve to have your heart broken. Women in my opinion can sense that I will use that against you. Not saying all women are the same but it seems like the guys will confidence no matter how much hair they have usually dont have a problem with women.

If I were you I would tell her to take a hike and tell her that you are seeing somebody else. Let her fight for you and dont be a pushover. Dont worry about using toppick just use it chance are she doesnt look great without make up either.

Good luck!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 6 years later...
On 3/5/2013 at 4:52 PM, Bronte said:

I know how annoying is to hear "just shave it bro". Hairloss has been ruining lives no matter how crazy that sounded. But if hairloss is affecting your life this much, maybe focusing on the beard and shaving your head would give you a massive mental relief. I think that its better to be "less attractive" but happy and confident with what you ve got than depressed over a long period time over hairloss. Since hairloss is affecting you this much, are you doing somethign to stop it? Are you on some of the "big 3"? What is your plan? If you are not planning to commit on saving your hair then shave it. Watchign your hair recede over  time will just screw you over mentally and phisically. You ll look less attractive with the balding hair than a shaved head. Let girls meet you first time with shaved head. If they never seen you with hair, then why would they even care that you are bald now? Thats why people look at the actor from transporter, bruse willis and vin diesel as attractive bald men, because nobody fucking saw them with hair lmao. They built their looks on being bald. Think about it