Top 5 fue surgeons?

mb30

Sparky,

I think Dr. Lorenzo does use the Choi Implanter. However, as far as I can tell, he uses it in a very unique way and it works well for him.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Very hard to pick top 5.

In the end, I think it all comes down to the greatest number of successful cases showcased in FUE.

Look for user posted results and progress, that may help. Seeing a patient in person will help even more.

Good luck to all those researching.

He is using the Choi implanter????

He does. Although I have read he only extracts 500 grafts at a time, implants them and then goes back for more extractions. The grafts are never sitting out for too long. His technicians load the grafts into the implanter and hand it to Dr. Lorenzo. He does the incision and implant at the same time in one go. I like that he goes all the extractions, incisions and implanting himself. Some may be turned off by the speed of it all or the use of the Choi implanter though.

Hi Mb30

how did your consult go on the 8th ?

Ive taken the plunge, booked into Dr Feriduni for Dec, 1800 Fue.. Deposit paid & Flights & Hotel Booked !!! I looked at bisanga too but his availability didnt suit me work wise..

No going Back Now.. Least I can stop researching now the decision's made.. :-)

These forums are great, I honestly wouldnt be getting this done without having read the posts / blogs form all the guys here.. Thank you all !!!

I'll make sure to take regular photos and update regularly.. I'll happily answer any queries I can... Roll on December, "get busy living or get busy dying"

Good luck Jaydublin, 1800 grafts in one day sounds safe as long below 2000, good news is that Dr. Feriduni went back to manual FUE as he found motorized FUE does not meet the patient expectations in terms of final yield of the grafts. Wish you all the best.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Good luck Jaydublin, 1800 grafts in one day sounds safe as long below 2000, good news is that Dr. Feriduni went back to manual FUE as he found motorized FUE does not meet the patient expectations in terms of final yield of the grafts. Wish you all the best.

Wow, alot of Doctors seem to be moving away from motorized FUE. I think I remember a case where a patient had FUE with Dr. Feller with using a motorized method and the yield was not great. On the second touch up a manual instrument was used and the result improved but the patient then went to Rahal for a 3rd procedure. Lorenzo is the only Doc I would go to for FUE now. No one else.

Just saw the video of Dr. Lorenzo on youtube, he is quick with the old choi implanter. What is the alternative to the choi?

JayDublin- how important is it to you for people not to find out, I was fully committed to keeping quiet, but it just seemed like too much effort and when I "came out" I got nothing but positive responses from friends and family, everyone telling me I'm brave for some reason... and all my balding friends are now curious as hell.

If ya really don't wanna tell people, you could make something up like an infection on your head... I mean if you really had a problem say head through glass window with lots of tiny cuts, would you worry about covering up redness?

Back to the topic... could we make some sort of grading criteria so we can find out who the best actually is? Using before after pics combined with patients testimonials, healing time, cost etc...

Could be an interesting project.

No real alternative to the Choi besides the good old "Extract first, make incisions and then have the techs place the grafts in" really.

Hariri Dr. Feriduni went back to manual fue???:eek:

Jay,

I love Dr. Feriduni's FUE results. I think you made an excellent decision. In my opinion, he's absolutely one of the best. Please, keep us updated!

Hi Mb30

how did your consult go on the 8th ?

Ive taken the plunge, booked into Dr Feriduni for Dec, 1800 Fue.. Deposit paid & Flights & Hotel Booked !!! I looked at bisanga too but his availability didnt suit me work wise..

No going Back Now.. Least I can stop researching now the decision's made.. :-)

These forums are great, I honestly wouldnt be getting this done without having read the posts / blogs form all the guys here.. Thank you all !!!

I'll make sure to take regular photos and update regularly.. I'll happily answer any queries I can... Roll on December, "get busy living or get busy dying"

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Im fearing the 1-3 month post op period, covering up the redness in work.. Any advise ?

Jay with FUE if you lay low for 2 - 3 weeks and take that time off work . You will most likely get away without telling anyone bar your missus.

Shave your head if you wish couple months before the Op. People will get used to seeing you without with shaved head so wont arouse any suspicion post op or attract any eye drift.

Get on MSM to speed hair growth so your native hair grows back quicker. Loads of things to help with redness. Aloe Vera etc. Lasercomb helps healing and gets rid of redness. Clinique any redness will help disguise if theres any lingering redness hanging around.

You will be fine.

Jay,

Congratulations on your decision to undergo FUE with Dr. Feriduni. I have seen a number of impressive results from him over the years and have had the pleasure of meeting him and several of his leading physicians in person. Dr. Feriduni and his staff are not only excellent at what they do, but they're some of the nicest people you'll ever meet. I trust they'll make you feel right at home and take great care of you.

I encourage you to create a new topic in order to share your experience and photos after your procedure.

Best wishes,

Bill

Update:

Following my consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug I have no option but to throw in the towel and forget about a hair transplant :mad:.

Dr Bisanga told me my donor density is around 50 and not suitable for hair transplantation, faced with this unfortunate news Ive decided to accept the number 1 all over look, and move on with life...

Wish you all well

Update:

Following my consultation with Dr Bisanga on 8th Aug I have no option but to throw in the towel and forget about a hair transplant :mad:.

Dr Bisanga told me my donor density is around 50 and not suitable for hair transplantation, faced with this unfortunate news Ive decided to accept the number 1 all over look, and move on with life...

Wish you all well

Sorry to hear that. Have you looked into HST? They claim anyone is a candidate and 80% of the donor hairs grow back. However results vary, the maximum grafts they can extract are around 2,000 per session, it's expensive and is more like a franchise now than a close knit clinic.

Update:

Wish you all well

Sorry to hear that mb30, but there are a number of positives here:

1 - It saves you a lot of money

2 - You will never have to go through an operation or scar your head, so if one day another cure for balding emerges you will have a virgin scalp.

3 - You don't have to worry about the results of your operation and keep up a continued assault on your hair loss, including future ops, pills, and general stress.

4 - You will find it liberating not having to worry about / style your hair - and everyone around you will get used to your new appearance quickly enough.

5 - Some girls like the tough-guy skinhead look.

Provided having short hair suits you, it's actually the best approach for most guys, in my opinion.

Best of luck

MB30, Go to Dr. Umar, he will never turn you down. He is an expert when it comes to patients with donor problems.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

MB30, Go to Dr. Umar, he will never turn you down. He is an expert when it comes to patients with donor problems.

Never say never Hariri. If this person does not have adequate body hair donor, or at least the right type of donor that will blend well with adequate scalp hair donor than Dr. Umar would likely turn him down. It is worth noting that he can use all types of body hair, to include leg hair for the hairline if necessary, so he can go where others cannot. I'm living proof, there was not another surgeon in the United States who could have repaired me to where I am at today, and that includes the very best FUE doctors anywhere in the world.

Returning to the topic for a moment :) . . . .

I am (conditionally) putting Dr. Muttalip Keser (Ankara, Turkey) on my list of Top 5 FUE surgeons worldwide. I say "conditionally" because his web site says that Turkish law prohibits the posting of patient photos on it, so the available photos and videos of his work are decentralized. But from what I've seen, Dr. Keser does fantastic FUE work.

Returning to the topic for a moment :) . . . .

I am (conditionally) putting Dr. Muttalip Keser (Ankara, Turkey) on my list of Top 5 FUE surgeons worldwide. I say "conditionally" because his web site says that Turkish law prohibits the posting of patient photos on it, so the available photos and videos of his work are decentralized. But from what I've seen, Dr. Keser does fantastic FUE work.

I never left the topic....:)

Any discussion of the top 5 FUE surgeons in the world should include Dr. Umar. He is a pioneer in the field, taking on extreme repair cases and making them look normal again. His website and videos show he is not limited to repairs, this is only an added specialty of his, and his extensive experience in the application and potential of FUE is likely greater than many others currently practicing this.

I have no idea why you nominated this doctor from Turkey as one of your Top 5 FUE surgeons, it would seem his body of work is largely unknown, and that would hardly add to ones qualification of the Top 5 in the world.

Such a poll is purely subjective anyway, so to each their own.

I have no idea why you nominated this doctor from Turkey as one of your Top 5 FUE surgeons, it would seem his body of work is largely unknown, and that would hardly add to ones qualification of the Top 5 in the world.

Such a poll is purely subjective anyway, so to each their own.

Dr. Keser's work has been discussed, shown, and linked quite a bit on other hair restoration forums (a poster on one of those forums compiled a list of links to Dr. K's results a while back), his clinic posts on one of those forums, and videos posted by some of his patients are also publicly available. I agree that this pick for top 5 is something of a wild card and "conditional," as I said, but the work of his I've seen is beautiful and extremely impressive. He performs multi-day FUE sessions, taking a maximum of 700 grafts per day. I do hope that his clinic and patients start posting here more.