My FUE With Dr. Rahal 3000+ Grafts (Large Procedure)

Sean

Did my write up/results help you with your questions regarding Dr. Rahal's FUE?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Moderators

46 pages and I didn't see any photos of the repair. How can we know if it came out OK or not? Even the website doesn't show any. It only has pictures from the first hair transplant which to me didn't look all that bad, although it could have been a bit thicker/more growth.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 2 months later...

Hi Sean,

First and foremost, thank you very much for sharing your experience. Your story is a compelling one, and I can relate to your situation to a certain extent.

I had 4 botched procedures, starting at a young age before having my only successful one with Dr. Umar in January of 2016. Luckily, I found him, and spent an extended period of time researching both him and his work. I decided to have my procedure with him because I had very little head donor left, and I needed to find a surgeon who can utilize my beard and body hair to its fullest capacity. Needless to say, I am ecstatic today with my result, and have my second procedure to complete my "journey" this October. However, regarding your experiences with Dr. Umar, and the Ugraft, could you please be so kind as to clarify what it is that you meant by "discussed and expected showcase?" I am not sure I understand what you were alluding to when you made this statement. From my personal experience with Dr. Umar, the day i consulted with him we discussed 6500 hybrid FUE grafts. He was very transparent and told me that I could "expect" this result which I have today. He is the only doctor that stood by his work and was able to deliver on what he told me i would get.

Secondly, for the sake of transparency, could you please provide some photographs of your Ugraft procedure, what were the goals you discussed with Dr. Umar, and how your expectations were determined?

Lastly, could you please be so kind and tell us why it is that you had a procedure with Dr. Umar after Dr. Rahal? I ready your entire Rahal thread discussing your experience with him and the clinic. However, I did not see any discussion, photographs, etc. discussing how your situation was resolved. Long story short, it would be great to know what your issues were with Rahal that led you to having a procedure with Dr. Umar? This is where I can relate to you, for one of my botched procedures was a strip at a young age, and the last 3 were FUE's by a "reputable" clinic, of which the last 2 were attempted repairs by them.

My blog is attached illustrating my entire hair loss journey. I would love to help you out, or have a discussion regarding your situation if you have any questions.

Thanks again for sharing, and good luck with everything moving forward.

Happy Patient's Blog

• 2 months later...
I wondered if you bothered to look at his pre-op photos, where the new hairline is drawn, the immediate post-op photos, and the nine month post-op photos, which show a very good result.

this is laughable, the patient started a nw3 and after 2 ops sits a nw3, he's got near 4500 grafts invested in the frontal 3rd and the doc told him he needed another 1500 and would pay for him to go to another clinic, does that sound like a successful surgery outcome? even the doc seems to be on board with this not being good enough idk how you're defending this.

I am looking at the objective evidence, provided by the poster, which shows he received a good result. In one of the photos it shows the hairline Dr. Rahal drew, including the temples, which is the hairline that the poster indicated he wanted. The 9 month photos show a new hairline, consistent with what was drawn pre-op, that looks quite good. I notice that he did not post any photos of the "repair" surgery. My guess is that he has continued to lose hair, as most of us do, and went back to thicken up thinning areas. A hair transplant is not going to turn a nw 3 into a nw 1, that would be irresponsible.

• 1 year later...

Sean, did you start another thread? Did your repair work out? Did you ever post pictures of your second transplant? 

I am so sorry about what happened to you. I hope you figured it out, you sound like a great guy. I just read the whole thread