HT with Dr. Keller - Chicago, 3170 grafts

Here are the pics that were just taken a couple of days ago at the 6 month mark. There is one teeny tiny area that I may be concerned with on one of the temple's but Dr. Keller said, and I knew this going into it, that I am still far from done as far as maturation goes and possible new growth.

He also assured me that he makes sure his patients are happy with the results. Very comforting to hear and know.

The donor scar, which he uses a double tric closure on, is amazing (see pics)

I may also post some wet hair pics, just to keep it standard and for comparison for everyone.

Overall, I am SOOOOOOO happy and pleased with the results. Could not have asked for a better experience and doctor.

Now, to start paying off the credit cards I used to get this done....lol

5b32d175ce1a5_topfront-6month.jpg.9ae549a1ef04e5764e6139bef6e46966.jpg

5b32d175dbfbb_topback-6month.jpg.32940ea9e57e57eb256740ff9d652925.jpg

5b32d175f193a_frontright-6month.jpg.7e6450177374d657eb988df804587be0.jpg

5b32d1760fdf1_frontleft-6month.jpg.9d49849cb4c7db74e75b9bb8f9fc97c4.jpg

5b32d1762415e_donorscar-6month.jpg.0d5d3445895576bb793ac42130d693ff.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's look good for 6 months Southbeacharchi and within months 6-9, it should improve considerably more.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks chrisdav, I appreciate the feedback.

I forgot to mention that the doctor said that I am only at about 50% diameter right now, so the thickness of each hair shaft should double within the next 6 months or so.

Also, I have been keeping it cut pretty short on the top and sides. I used a #4 guard for the sides (or 1/2" length) and you can't see any scar or line from the hair.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Archi,

I haven't checked in on you in a while and I wasn't expecting to see such a dramatic transformation. It's looking really, really good. One of the better results I've seen in a while. Fortunately, you still have a long way to go too.

By the way, I would definitely recommend growing it out a bit like you suggested in my thread. You need to start seeing a new hair stylist too. Yes, that's right, a hair stylist, not a barber. Someone who understands that you should never cut the bangs straight across... just trying to help, bro!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Archi,

I haven't checked in on you in a while and I wasn't expecting to see such a dramatic transformation. It's looking really, really good. One of the better results I've seen in a while. Fortunately, you still have a long way to go too.

By the way, I would definitely recommend growing it out a bit like you suggested in my thread. You need to start seeing a new hair stylist too. Yes, that's right, a hair stylist, not a barber. Someone who understands that you should never cut the bangs straight across... just trying to help, bro!

Corvettester

LOL. Well, first, thanks for the compliments and feedback....and the smile you gave me.

And fyi, my bangs are not cut straight across, i know better, AND...that is not how I wear my hair. The doc combed around, inspected, and then snapped the pics....

I will take some pics soon of how I actually wear it.

I think I am going to grow it long in the back, and short on top....and spike it up. ;)

But, thanks for the advice, just in case I did not know better.

LOL...you a trip bro..

Stay in touch, and I'll keep following your progress.

Best

My Hair Loss Web Site

Definitely growing it out Vette. It already feels good to run fingers through it, when it is not frizzy....why did i just never cut it after the HT?

My Hair Loss Web Site

southbeach,

Youve come a long way! Congratulations! Things are really coming together now and your results are really shining through. For sure the next few months are all about thickening and maturaion of the hairs. Your documentation has been great, you deserve your rewards. Enjoy your new found hairline!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Again, I am going to try to reply to each individually within the next few days hopefully...midterms.

First question from "jogger" I am not sure if it is "kosher" to post prices. If my doctor had the prices posted on his website i would definitely tell you. Anyone have the answer to if it is ok to talk about prices? Jogger, if you send me a private email, I can definitely tell you how much I paid per graft at the time of surgery, of course I don't know if they are still that same price. Would be glad to that.

And if I hear back from any officials here on the board, I will gladly post on this board how much I paid. Just don't want to say or do anything wrong.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 4 weeks later...

Not really a lot to mention as far as noticeable changes.....maybe a little thicker. I'm growing it out a little longer, so it could just be that making it feel thicker.

Perhaps more importantly, I am becoming more comfortable with the new hair. It seems at first I was nervous about if people would notice, would they ask...took more time to style it. As time goes on I am just more comfortable and definitely more confident. I have finally broken the habit of every time I would go out in the windy city, i would continually use my hands to "comb" my hair forward and try to spread it out to cover the receding parts.

I am posting "dry hair" pictures now and will be following up with some wet hair pics since that is what I started with and I can see a difference also from that aspect.

Thanks for everyone's continued support, feedback, questions (both in threads and emails).

Take-care.

5b32d1f14b9c0_topdrycropped.jpg.a355cdfe1b4c51041e585eb587781c7c.jpg

5b32d1f15b6fc_rightangledrycropped.jpg.f3d97f1a6f221c469fee063fdc88c46f.jpg

5b32d1f168e14_leftangledrycropped.jpg.7dfbe2d5b115c548bd18653a94d2cc8b.jpg

5b32d1f190909_rightdrycropped.jpg.5d3dc258c829283ef64967086c0ab800.jpg

5b32d1f1a7593_leftdrycropped.jpg.1ab115ed89c332792cfd567f70aa01b2.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

Looks great......so natural. It is funny how you finally hit the point where you don't think about it nearly as much day to day.......I have gotten to that point as well. You have a fantastic result!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks orlhair1. I always appreciate your feedback and compliments.

Hope all is well with you.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Looks great ! Still months of growth to go as well . Thanks for updating , nice work for sure.

Really appreciate it JustOne.

So, when people say your at about half diameter, is it really THAT noticeably different when the hair is at full maturity......from other's experience?

I've read a lot and informed myself, but there are some things you can only find out from other's experiences. I can't visualize the difference in appearance with the follicle growing in diameter.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 weeks later...

No love? No replies to my last question?

Also, I won't be posting any 8 month pics...missed the date by too much and too busy with life right now. I will try to get 9 month.

In addition to the question I asked in the previous reply to thread, I would also like feedback on whispy hairs...how long it took people for them to become straight like the rest of the hair.

Thanks much.

My Hair Loss Web Site

SouthBeachArchi, you look great. I can see the hair growth is coming along great.

You still have like a little over 5 months to go. Hair should continue to get thicker/fuller in the recipient areas and start to mature more and more.

I am like 7 1/2 months post op and I still have a one or two whispy hair that I really notice. They are like curly fries and I assume they will straighten out by the 12 month mark.

Can't wait to see your next update.

Best,

Sean

Hey Sean, thanks for the reply and addressing the wispy hair issue. At 7.5 months you only have 1 or 2 whispy hairs? I think you are one of the few very lucky ones.

My hair is naturally very straight, and I would say the majority of the 3000 plus grafts are not straight. From everything I have read, it take at least one cycle, usually a couple of hair shedding and coming back before they are full mature and straight.

I'm jealous. :)

And yes, I am looking forward to the "final" result, when the shafts are as thick as they are going to get.

I'll check out your pics/blog.

Thanks again.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Just checked out your website Sean and needless to say your results look amazing. And you got some great, good-looking thick hair to start with. I can also see why transplants grow in so straight, your hair looks really thick and straight. Mine is more on the fine side as far as diameter.

One thing, you mentioned that you were going to take pics of the donor area after you had your hair faded, but I didn't see any. I was looking forward to see what that looked like.

Keep me posted man. Looks great so far!

My Hair Loss Web Site

Archi, your results so far are amazing! Dr. Keller really is a great surgeon. I wish more people were aware of how good he is.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I think the hairs get their full normal look in the 8 -12 month range. That is a bit of a guess, but by then the hairs have been in for a while and have a chance to mature, which should address the wispy look. Also, I am not sure on the hair diameter thing, but it does make sense if each hair is twice as wide, overall, it should have a denser look. I think that is why you see improvements in the later stages, since at that point you really aren't growing new hairs. I agree that Dr. Keller did an awesome job on your HT.....just a fantastic result.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1