HT with Dr. Keller - Chicago, 3170 grafts

Sorry it is a week late...been very busy.

Well, since the surgery this is probably the month I am least excited by. I know as time goes by that is probably natural, but I think the main reason is that I started Nizoral about 3 weeks ago and I think I shed quite a bit because of it. I debated for quite a while whether or not to add that to my routine. I am already taking Finasteride and the shampoo may be overkill but like probably most of you, I am willing to do whatever to not lose any more hair. Hopefully it will grow back...and better.

Also, I am looking forward to the hairs in the minor HT I had two months ago to start growing in and cover up that old teenage scar on the side of my head as well as hopefully thickening up the top a little more.

I also know a couple of the pics are blurry....I need to buy a new camera.

Hope everyone is doing well.

5b32d3417f007_frontcropped.jpg.bfa17bc3d74cb4a85652807072150abb.jpg

5b32d3419afaa_frontrightcropped.jpg.1c7d79c9a570b18d16f2115ff439a54d.jpg

5b32d341ac4f8_rightsidecropped.jpg.323e3c2864d7e5061d8dd96ce4b2f6d6.jpg

5b32d341ba8e4_backcropped.jpg.6017a293460d006a3a03ab9dca329ecb.jpg

5b32d341d2ec3_leftcropped.jpg.4f6783c12c273325b936fcd52e3e2ac7.jpg

5b32d341e5a7b_frontleftcropped.jpg.a4fc9f03691d1fa0d3b667522f90dfde.jpg

5b32d342000e3_topcropped.jpg.eac8aaca4cdbdf57e4de022455c4edc2.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good. It is easy to forget where you started from. I looked at your pre-ops and you were pretty much completely bald in your frontal 3rd, so you seem to be doing quite well.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks good. It is easy to forget where you started from. I looked at your pre-ops and you were pretty much completely bald in your frontal 3rd, so you seem to be doing quite well.

Hey Spanker! I hope I didn't sound ungrateful or at all disappointed in my last post, because I am not either at all. I just meant it wasn't the most exciting due to the Nizoral shedding (Now I am actually thinking about switching from that to Minoxidil). But I do understand and completely agree with what you said, and it is good to hear things like that every once in a while. You got me to go back and look at my pre-op pics and I did get all excited again....thanks. And thanks for the compliments.

Best wishes.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I think you look great. I've been concerned by the large number of graft numbers that are always thrown around and it's nice to see substantial your progress without one of those megasessions.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you look great. I've been concerned by the large number of graft numbers that are always thrown around and it's nice to see substantial your progress without one of those megasessions.

Thanks gobble! I thought 3000+ was considered a fairly large number...lol.

What constitutes a "large number" or "mega-session" these days?

I really do appreciate the compliment. I missed out on posting my eleven month, but it will be a year in about a week and a half. :)

So happy and grateful.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got around to taking my ONE YEAR pics! Sorry, it is about 2 weeks late - I had a lot going on the past two weeks.

I am going to post the pics now, and I will write more later when I can think more about it. I want to make sure I convey my feelings about the whole experience to date accurately and thoroughly.

But....here are the pics. For the first time I believe, I included some close-ups of the hairline and a pic of one of the ways I style it.

P.S. - One update that has some impact on the results is that I stopped taking Propecia about...maybe 3 weeks ago? And started Minoxidil foam about a week ago...so I think I have shed a bit in the crown.

I probably should, and will try, to post this in another forum but to summarize...I stopped the Propecia because I realized how much of a big impact it had on my sex drive and I was having ED problems. Glad to report things are almost back to normal already. I really wonder if the sexual side effects are as rare as the "studies" lead us to believe....but I will save that for the other post.

Ok...now for real...the pics. :)

front.jpg.9b703eeadbc9f10b839add6f4b8a31f0.jpg

5b32d436c4d58_frontright.jpg.c20ddff2ee4f202cc77248a14aac4715.jpg

5b32d436d8fac_rightside.jpg.a85335e25078146f7ecd8ae4db39c5c0.jpg

5b32d436eca10_backcrown.jpg.cd8ac1fde5e0fdc64e03a0143f0fa0aa.jpg

5b32d43710898_leftside.jpg.683ba7fef7bd3a22147dc8ccf5ab2094.jpg

5b32d4371d77b_frontleft.jpg.3c989290e6c238b2dc44625b4cd5c6ab.jpg

top.jpg.0d04c07e965b18f47babd615db880e68.jpg

5b32d43750333_frontrighthairline.jpg.42d73da1758d6048c83157eb8214826e.jpg

5b32d437784fb_fronthairline.jpg.4f3367b2f62bda469878d6fdb40dd231.jpg

5b32d43785a2c_leftfronthairline.jpg.18f85fa0e8f4da0c7b9a464a5ecbec50.jpg

styled.jpg.2106e87f432e8b9bc239070db2fb0433.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 months later...

Ok, well I decided to reflect more when my 18 month mark comes around, as that is when the hair is supposedly at its final maturation.

I was correct in my previous post that I had shed some with the switch from finasteride to minoxidil. It all came back and I am feeling good. I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I had been experienced ED problems, now that I look back on it, for a good majority of the time I was on finasteride/proscar/propecia. I am happy to report that everything is back to normal "down there" and thank-god it was not permanent as some reports suggest it can be.

I am coming up on 14 months and will post pics at the 15th month mark.

Hope everyone is well. It seems like it has been a while.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 months later...

I've been too wrapped up in life to reflect at the 18 month mark as I mentioned.

But, my doctor did send me some before/after pics that were taken at the office. I put them side by side and added text, and thought I would post them.

Hope everyone is staying warm.

top2.jpg.f7520862b6370c5af7a6929b12197cec.jpg

front.jpg.786699cae419d3f6528e93f60c267616.jpg

5b32d65d08142_frontleft.jpg.093f1d7ad95a3c5ac455971ece217256.jpg

5b32d65d32585_frontright.jpg.91cd637858c2073a6dbef64249cf2f17.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

Congrats man this was a huge success without a doubt!

Thanks a lot man! I just read your profile and your story. You really went through a lot, but it also seems like you really know your stuff. I'm also going to shoot you an email.

Best wishes.

Edited by southbeacharchi

My Hair Loss Web Site

Looks awesome ,, can't wait for mine

Thanks much! So, it looks like you are having a procedure with Dr. Feller in April? I've read a lot of positive posts about him. I'm excited for you man....truly a life changing event in many different ways.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Congrats. Excellent result!!

Thanks so much orlhair1 !

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 weeks later...
What a difference.

Impressive and money well spent.

Thanks a lot chrisdav. I really appreciate the compliments and support during this whole experience.

Hope you are well.

My Hair Loss Web Site

are you on fin?

Hey tacolinowest, I apologize I thought I had replied to this. I am going through and replying here and there when I get a chance.

To answer your question, no I am not on finasteride I was on it for about a year I think but discontinued it due to the side effects. I had zero libido and ED problems and to me it wasn't worth that. Thank god the problems were not permanent and everything resolved itself after a while.

I do use Minoxidil foam on my crown and use Nizoral shampoo couple times a week.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Take-care.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Dr. Keller did a great job!! Looking good!

Thanks a lot Eman! I am so happy with it!

My Hair Loss Web Site

Really like how the doctor placed the grafts expecting future loss. He also didn't build a hair line across the entire length of your forehead, which will save you lots of grafts when you go for #2

Incredible, i love this doctor

Hey nativeremdies, what did you mean be "across the entire length" of my forehead? Do you mean a straight-across hairline? I definitely think he did an incredible job at reconstructing what my actual hair line used to look like. He also stressed that he didn't want it to look strange when I am 20 years older - it was great that he took the future into consideration. I think it is a perfect balance.

And thanks for the compliments. I love this doctor too! :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

Southbeacharchi lucky son of a ...... hahahaahah

Great results and nice work by the Doc!!!!

Thanks Arrie! I would have to say that was the most interesting compliments I have gotten on these boards. haha :)

My Hair Loss Web Site