HT with Dr. Keller - Chicago, 3170 grafts

The work looks great, Southbeacharchi! I think you'll be very pleased.

Just a bit of advice on documentation: Take photos. Especially if you have a decent camera handy. I...well, don't, and wish I had gone out and bought one from the get-go. Seeing where you started, versus where you'll end up, will be very inspiring for you (as this can be a LONG waiting game...sort of like watching grass grow). It will also allow some of the seasoned HT vets to give you moral support in the event that you experience some frustrating shock loss, or early uneven growth (which are quite common).

All the best to you! I'll be looking forward to your updates.

Thanks Parasol, that helped motivate me.

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is anyone out there following my HT, or that happened across this one while searching for results of Dr. Keller, I just wanted to put on here that I started a new thread with my 2 month pictures and update. Here is a link to that post with pics:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163407-update-dr-keller-hair-transplant-chicago-3170-grafts-2-month-photos.html

Everyone take-care.

Side note, if anyone could tell me if my website link below actually works, I would greatly appreciate it. It doesn't work when I try it.

Edited by southbeacharchi
added link to 2 month pics posting

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

I think the url in your signature is not quite right.

It should look something like that, but obviously change the ID number on the end of it -

Hair Restoration Site for multiplier

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

Hmm, scratch that. That URL just redirects here for some reason. Might want to ask the administrator. I have to admit, I've found creating the various Website vs. Blog pages on this site pretty unintuitive.

Jan 2000 - 600 FUT with Dr Kurgis (MHR)

Sept 2011 - 1411 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Jan 2013 - 1800 FUT with Dr Paul Shapiro

Sep 2014 - 1000 FUE with Dr Paul Shapiro

My Hairloss Blog »

I deleted a post with 7 week pics and put up my 2 month, as mentioned prior.

Also, my link does work now.....Thanks Bill!!

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Just an update. I am just shy of 3 months, and I will be going back to Dr. Keller for a check-up. I will post the official pics from his office.

But as of now, my transplanted hairs are growing like crazy!! I think I am pretty well ahead of schedule. The edge of my hairline keeps coming in more and more. Like I read somewhere else, it comes in spurts it seems.

And even though last I posted I was only two months out, i was still anxious about the donor scar. Well, even since then, each side of my head where the scar extended to, has pretty much vanished. It is still pink in the back, but in some spots skin colored. And many of the hairs are growing through the scar - I can tell mostly from the zits along the line...lol.

Still taking Finasteride and started taking Biotin a week ago. Might as well pull out all stops.

I think that's about it. I really contribute my fast growth to a great doctor, eating healthy, good care/hygiene of donor and recepient sites, and the good amount of exercise I do, which of course increases blood flow to the head.

Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

Edited by southbeacharchi

My Hair Loss Web Site

Hi 450rex.

I asume you are talking about my existing hair. It's hard to say, but I do feel like my little "strip" of hair in the front thinned out a bit. I think I did experience some, but with the extent of the amount that was transplanted, and that it was transplanted on either side of my existing front "strip" of hair and within it, I couldn't imagine not losing some due to shockloss. With 3000+ incisions, that is quite a bit of trauma to the area.

I did not notice any shockloss around the donor area/incision.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 2 weeks later...

As I did earlier in this thread, just wanted to post on here that I put up my 3-month pics from my doctor office check-up. So if you are interested, there is another thread located at:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163715-3-month-update-hair-transplant-dr-keller-chicago-3140-grafts.html

that has the pics and update.

Thanks everyone for all the nice comments, encouragement and help.

Hope everyone is doing well.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, here are updated pics four months post-op. I'm trying to keep them consistent, wet hair, same angles and light.

Let me know what you all think. Again, I am amazed at the results so far. I might try to take some pics with dry hair next time.

I will also do a separate post with the 4 months as the subject, with additional pics and link it on here.

The pimples are FINALLY dying down. To me, my right side seems less dense than my left, but I am sure it will all even out. I know it comes in spurts and unevenly.

Best wishes to everyone.

5b32d0abecf1d_indirectlightfrontcropped.jpg.75ae6aff401e415bf2238d1151e6346c.jpg

5b32d0ac09b91_frontcropped.jpg.ebd196bf25081c71b1d144c511df2b70.jpg

5b32d0ac23131_frontleftcropped.jpg.67146c4349b36cc22f77bf63092caf3e.jpg

5b32d0ac36be6_frontrightcropped.jpg.57a3d3070068d1df4b90753aefb293f7.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

Things are looking great! You will probably see a lot more growth over the next month. I had a big change from month 4 to month 5. You are on your way to a great outcome!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thanks a lot orlhair1. Sorry for not replying earlier, but it was finals week.

I really appreciate the feedback.

I'm going to try to get a couple of dry hair pics. It looks a lot better and fuller of course dry.

If I don't post again before, Happy Holidays everyone!

My Hair Loss Web Site

Here are two dry hair pics I said I would post. I tried to part it so you could see as much of the transplanted hair as possible, but it is getting harder and harder to tell which hair is which hair. The first one was taken just today, the second one, was taken a couple of weeks ago.

Question: For those veterans, when did you all eventually cut the rest of the hair to the same length as the new transplanted hair? I've been itching to do it, but that takes away my security blanket of being able to just comb it forward over it.

I would appreciate any feedback, suggestions, or advice.

Best to everyone.

5b32d0bd3f8b4_4monthand1weekdry.JPG.bbc0377212272c32c88f5820231abfd7.JPG

DSC00347.JPG.a4140bcb406a6d305e360aefad7adf59.JPG

My Hair Loss Web Site

I had my first haircut about 3 weeks post op and had it cut to blend better. Then at five weeks I had it cut short all around so it would grow out even.

Thanks as always orlhair1, I really appreciate it.

I am going to cut it short as soon as I get back to Chicago after holidays.

No one else?

My Hair Loss Web Site

I finally cut all my hair on top to the same length as the new transplanted hair. The photos aren't the best but I'll post better when I take 5-6 month updates. Let me know if you can't see them, and I'll try something else.

So, right now, these pics are at 4 and a half months.

5b32d0ea9a5b5_haircutshort-side12-30-11-blurred.jpg.438c2554a11c9cdf4157303b9d425e10.jpg

5b32d0eaaef64_haircutshort12-30-11blurred.jpg.b0729fd03ed1e2c0952377eb4a69a2cf.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

Thank-you very much StaggerLee123, I really appreciate it. I'll be posting more and better pics for the 5 month coming up.

My Hair Loss Web Site

And, as always, thank-you orlhair1. Yes, I'm so glad I cut it. Thank-you for that advice and little nudge in that direction. It made a world of difference not only in feel, but I think the overall look. For the first time, I feel like I can comfortably go out without a hat and without a gallon of hair spray in my combed forward hair. :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 3 weeks later...

It took me a while to actually get them up, and they were actually taken 5 days after the 5 month mark, but I don't think much changed.

Any progress is getting harder to notice. I, of course, hope that everyone is correct and that I will experience still new hairs coming in as well as the thickening of what is already there. But, at this point I am very happy with the progress, trust me, not complaining at all. For the first time in over 10 years I have been able to actually have a hairstyle that was simply messy forward. And for the first time I am starting to feel confident. Not worried about who I am bending my head down in front of, not checking my hair and feeling it anytime the wind slightly blows it. It feels really good!

Has anyone else, that has had temple work, had the same zits in the same place repeatedly for months? Just curious. It is like they won't go away and they are harder than the other zits....weird.

And I debated whether or not to take wet hair pics. I started that way and felt like that is the only real accurate way I could show progress. But there is such a difference in look now when it is wet and dry. I may start taking dry pics at my 6 month check-up with my doctor.

5b32d11ed5de9_croppedtop.jpg.69d8496c33f835a21dcea3ab79a0d7d7.jpg

5b32d11eeaa26_croppedrightside.jpg.281974a370b37769e56b9699d270ab9c.jpg

5b32d11f3db6c_croppedleftside.jpg.a0c9e4d02c208d6b61d409d92429850f.jpg

5b32d11f590cb_croppedback.jpg.0d8e4aedd4c9b1650c86c513bf46c9eb.jpg

5b32d11f67bea_croppedleftfront.jpg.76e5ef66043c69b5284c657cbfc195bd.jpg

5b32d11f79d26_croppedrightfront.jpg.13232c1a11034c248e1650a9fdf6ca29.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

There is definitely a lot more growth and thickening to come.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

You will definitely see continued improvement....not quite as dramatic each month as when all that new hair grows in, but definite improvement and noticeable changes.

Thanks chrisdav and orlhair1. I really appreciate your input and encouragement.

It's amazing that even almost 6 months in, the questioning and doubt about the process still goes up and down. I think mostly because I don't trust my own self-perception sometimes and there are so many variables from patient to patient to truly know where you should be or what the results should be at any given point in time.

Wish you both the best.

My Hair Loss Web Site