HT with Dr. Keller - Chicago, 3170 grafts

Been a while since I've been on here.

First, I wanted to say that I noticed thickening at least to the 18 month mark, but I think even after that. It's been a little over two years and I haven't noticed any further receding in my old hair line. All is well....at least on the top of my head. :)

I just had the urge to update and wasn't thinking new pics would interest or benefit anyone, but then I looked back and noticed I didn't even post an 18 month update. So, I will take some new pics and post them, hopefully by this weekend......kinda the final result pics.

Also, stay tuned....I think I am going to grow my hair long.....i need a change and curious as to what the HT will look like. :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been almost 5 years. Reading my last post, I tried to grow it longer, and it looked alright, but I think if looks better how I keep it now (pic attached.) I think it needs just a little more density. I am now thinking about going back to Dr. Keller to bring the hairline down just a little, more on either side, not the center, add some to my crown, and thicken up the initial trouble areas.

I'll keep everyone posted. I can't believe so much time has gone by.

Also wanted to say that every once in a while you hear about the transplanted hair falling out...I have not noticed any of that to date.

Always willing to answer questions and help others be as happy as I am!

5b32ec1ec96a9_hair5years.thumb.jpg.f46f4d488d0f758ec6f1b9ea31c05296.jpg

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

Thanks for checking back in and updating us on your result! I jumped back to take a look at where you started. You've achieved quite a transformation. Your hair looks great!

Be sure to report back of you decide on another pass.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 3 months later...

Thank-you so much rev333 and David! I really appreciate it. It was, and continues to be one of the best things I have done for myself in my life. No price could be placed on the confidence it restored and happiness it gave me. :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

Unbelievable transformation. Still off propecia?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Very nice result. Looks really natural too.

Congrats[/quote

]

Thank-you very much. I am very much a perfectionist and that was a huge concern I had going into this. It's one thing to someone come in your house and not do the flooring or something perfect, but if I was going to make the hair investment....and it is such a noticeable thing...I wanted to get the results I wanted and I wanted it to look natural.

Dr. Keller could not have done a better job with both. I still have plenty of donor area, if I had/when I have the money, I would go back to him and try to get my full "mop" back from the college days. lol

My Hair Loss Web Site

Unbelievable transformation. Still off propecia?

Thanks so much Ernie. Yes, I am still off propecia. The side effects, mainly the sexual side effects were too much for me and to me wasn't worth it. I continue to use Nizoral...but I am not as religious with it as I should be. :(

My Hair Loss Web Site

I enjoyed reading your 5 yr journey & a perfect insight of what is what especially when on the 12 mth you quit Fin due to sides but then thought of atleast using Min foam which to me looks like it was a fair trade off.

your hair looks great & I love the temples brought in the way he did which to me again compliments the hairline tremendously.

If you did go for another pass, to lower the hairline smidge left & right side I wouldn't hold that against you being your in your 40s with some good doner still available.

Again you look great & could easy pass for mid 30s at most.

Congratuations.

• 1 month later...
Yes looking good.

Thank-you so much ontop :)

My Hair Loss Web Site

Awesome, one heck of a transformation, thanks for the 5 yr update.

Thanks so much azakdan! These message boards helped me so much during the year I was doing intense research, and I hope I can continue to give back or help others.

My Hair Loss Web Site

• 1 month later...
I enjoyed reading your 5 yr journey & a perfect insight of what is what especially when on the 12 mth you quit Fin due to sides but then thought of atleast using Min foam which to me looks like it was a fair trade off.

your hair looks great & I love the temples brought in the way he did which to me again compliments the hairline tremendously.

If you did go for another pass, to lower the hairline smidge left & right side I wouldn't hold that against you being your in your 40s with some good doner still available.

Again you look great & could easy pass for mid 30s at most.

Congratuations.

First, thanks so much for the compliments..I wish I could take the credit...but have to chalk that up to Dr. Keller. That being said, I hadn't even thought about the temples, that was all his idea and very glad I went with that suggestion. Many men don't realize how that part of the hairline changes with age as well, as we are so focused on the receding or bald spot in the back.

If I do another pass, it will definitely included lowering the hairline on the left and right a little. I was cautious initially as I did not want to overdo that part, partially because I did not want it not look around my age and/or did not want too drastic of a change (I tried to keep the fact I had it done to a minimum.)

Again, thanks so much for the compliments...especially for the "mid 30's" part.... lol :)

My Hair Loss Web Site