6000 grafts by dr hasson.very sad :(

I have to agree it is quite a odd recommendation I can only think upping the finasteride would help the pre Ht shockloss which would speed up his process slightly but ultimately he wants his new Ht hair to be taking the overall effect.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there.

First of all sorry for any mistake in English. By the way: showing my mistakes is a great favor that I thank in advance.

Second: almost everything I will write now is nothing but theories, ok?

Someone already said something about it in this thread and I agree: the donor area chosen by the doctor to be cut is TOO HIGH.

I would say, IMHO, that the right area to be cut is lower in an amount of something like 2/3 the distance between the patient's ears and the suture line that he actually has now.

What does a too high donor area mean? See:

The most believable theory (imo) is that AGA is caused by auto-immune reactions that are trigged by male hormones.

Our body keeps 24 hours a day looking for cancer cells to destroy (or make them inactive, at least). Sometimes our body makes mistake and thinks that a healthy cell is a cancer and fight it, killing it or, as I said, at least inactivating it.

For any reason (but, if so, for sure correlated with male hormones) your body sometimes looks to a FU in a certain area of your body and thinks it is healthy and, at the same time, looks at another FU in another area of your body and thinks that it is a cancer. Both cellular structures are UFs but one is saw as cancer and another one, not.

A 10 year boy (for example) has in his face, since he was born, all the FUs that someday will turn into a beard. For any reason his body thinks that those FUs are a cancer and refrain them from expelling secretions that are need to the FU create around himself a fat layer. Without this fat layer there will be no hair shaft. But, in other hand, his body defenses leave FUs at the top of the head alone.

When in puberty, for reasons not known, the rules are inverted (not in all men): the body will see the FUs at the top of the head as a threat and, instead, will leaves alone the face's FUs. The boy will gain a beard and lose his hairs.

Look: in order for not losing your hair, each FU has to be able to say to your body "I am not a cancer" and prove what he is saying.

Concerning about AGA, some FUs in your head are more skilled to convince the body that they are not a cancer. The most "skilled" FUs in the art of convincing the body that they are not a cancer are the ones at the lower part of the back of your head.

When a FU is transplanted he suffers a great damage. When well performed, this damage is not enough to kill the FU but is always enough to make the FU loses temporary its skills to convince the body that he is not a cancer.

Until a certain FU doesn't convince the body that he is not a cancer, the FU won't succeed in produce hair.

That is why is important to choose FUs that are the "strongest" and most "skilled" to do this task.

The strip cut on this case was taken in too high area. The FUs located at this area could be very effective to convince the defenses of the body that they were not a threat but… only as long as they were not any damaged (not even a bit). The chosen FUs were "one step from baldness" and the harvesting procedure was "the water drop that made the glass overflow".

I am really afraid that the same issue may happen with another patient (not a H&W's patient but a Tycocinski's patient, the only Brazilian surgeon recommended, so far, here at HRN).

I am informing you the link for his thread and I would appreciate that you, guys, comment the job done by Dr. Tycocinski because it is very important for me (and some other members) to know what you can expect from his job (I am considering to undergo a transplant with him).

That's the thread:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/162433-brazilianpatients-recent-hair-transplant-dr-tykocinski.html#post2277380

Thanks a lot and God bless all of you.

Anyone else suspicious as to why their are no updates?

Well...

May be the patient and the clinic made an agreement and, for any reason, the patient quit keeping us informed.

Could any PAT from H&W say something?

Edited by Brazilian111111

Mars,

AmanIndia had a poor result. Too bad for him.

He had a poor yield, larger than acceptable scar and he is not satisfied with the overall cosmetic result. I imagine it was just too big of a procedure for the guy.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Brazillian1,

Neither Dr. Hasson nor Dr. Wong nor any physician recommended by this community silence their patients from sharing their genuine experiences.

Given Hasson and Wong's stellar reputation, why are are you assuming the worst?

Why AmanIndia hasn't provided this community with an update, I don't know...but unless someone can provide evidence that there's reason to be "suspicious", I suggest making more logical assumptions.

Bill

Mars,

AmanIndia had a poor result. Too bad for him.

He had a poor yield, larger than acceptable scar and he is not satisfied with the overall cosmetic result. I imagine it was just too big of a procedure for the guy.

Corvettester

Corv have you spoke with aman to confirm this? If so i'm gutted for him, he was really worried i hope he is menatlly strong enough. Poor lad!

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Brazillian1,

Neither Dr. Hasson nor Dr. Wong nor any physician recommended by this community silence their patients from sharing their genuine experiences.

Given Hasson and Wong's stellar reputation, why are are you assuming the worst?

Why AmanIndia hasn't provided this community with an update, I don't know...but unless someone can provide evidence that there's reason to be "suspicious", I suggest making more logical assumptions.

Bill

You are right.

Actually I thought about a possible kind of refund.

I edited the refered post, this time using some other words.

If you want to delete THIS post (and/or yours, as well), which has only the reason to inform you, feel free for doing it.

Thank you!!

Mars and brazillian hw have never tried to gag me, I'm nearly at 8 months with a few issues of slow growth and concerns that I've widely spoken about on here. Hw are really honest and have told me they will deal with my concerns no problem at 12 months if my situation doesn't sort it's self out and I completely believe them. They reply to questions and emails really quickly too they never dodge you or anything.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

The only reason it looks suspicious is he went from posting nearly every hour of the day to complete silence,its just a bit odd thats all.

Maybe suspicious was the wrong word to use words look 'odd' and 'weird' best describe my thinking.

Edited by mars

Sean most people will have seen those posts but he went from being on line all the time making loads of posts to nothing around the 8 month mark.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Mars and brazillian hw have never tried to gag me, I'm nearly at 8 months with a few issues of slow growth and concerns that I've widely spoken about on here. Hw are really honest and have told me they will deal with my concerns no problem at 12 months if my situation doesn't sort it's self out and I completely believe them. They reply to questions and emails really quickly too they never dodge you or anything.

Thanks for the info.

I am sad for your poor grow. I am glad that H&W are serious professionals and are offering you all the support you certainly deserve.

I will take a look at your case.

Hope you have the best luck.

No need to be sad mate I still have 4 months to catch up but the point I'm making is they have been stand up guys so far and at the end of the day all Ht surgeons have a few jobs that don't turn out as well as they can, what makes a surgeon and clinic reputable is how they deal with the odd less than optimal result. Another thing to take into account is the top clinics do 1000s of transplants so some are bound to go off course.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Kind of odd that he was online very recently and hasn't made a peep about his HT progress.

I agree! I will say this, I don't think as of 6.5 months it was a very good result. Ive seen other cases where 6.5 months produced excellent results. I know its a year long wait in progress, thats why I agree with hairthere....strange he just disappeared !

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

No need to be sad mate I still have 4 months to catch up but the point I'm making is they have been stand up guys so far and at the end of the day all Ht surgeons have a few jobs that don't turn out as well as they can, what makes a surgeon and clinic reputable is how they deal with the odd less than optimal result. Another thing to take into account is the top clinics do 1000s of transplants so some are bound to go off course.

Hi Bonker.

Actually I tried to mean "I'm sad because the growth is slow", but I knew you have so much ahead and for sure you will have the hair of your dreams. I wish you the best luck.

I am sure, also, that H&W will give you the proper attention.

I saw your photos at your journal. Actually I don't think your progress is so bad. It is possible that the grafted FUs are in the right schedule (or almost) and actually what you are missing is some native hairs that sometimes take even more time to come back then the time took by the grafted FUs. I've heard about many patients who had reached almost nothing at 7 or 8 months and all of a sudden the things changed and they were great at 15 months. Your story, for example, is much better then mine.

I posted some comments to some patients who are in a situation that has something o be compared to yours (but I think yours is better).

If you want to see, this is the link (which, in its turn, refers to another 2 links):

Post #014 - page 02: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158869-please-comment%3B-my-donor-area-bad-selection-2.html#post2285989

Wish the best for you!!

Best Regards.

Sean most people will have seen those posts but he went from being on line all the time making loads of posts to nothing around the 8 month mark.

Yea, you are right. He hasn't really posted on the forum after that 8 month mark. However, if you go to the youtube video link and click on the user channel, you can see his last video made on July 11th that shows his 9th month result. I don't think he has posted an update past that point anywhere. I hope he is doing good and hopefully he will update the thread at some point.

Thanks brazil fingers crossed it will come good. I looked at your link which did turn into another 2 links but i haven't seen any examples of late bloomers. Do you have links for these people who were slow but grew out good by 15 months?

Sean i got to admit if he is still learking it's very odd he isn't talking considering how much he used to get involved with us all.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I know we all truly hope that AmanIndia has a positive outcome and that he's happy with his results. I've actually been in contact with him for several years, even long before he decided to undergo hair transplant surgery. My heart truly went out to him as I know he was a man truly affected by his hair loss condition.

I do hope that he comes back to update us on his progress with photos. In the event that he has less than stellar growth, I trust that Hasson and Wong will stand behind him. But given the large balding area of his scalp, I expect that even with optimal growth, he'll require at least one more procedure to obtain the kind of results that will make him happy.

Best wishes,

Bill

Anyone else suspicious as to why their are no updates?

Not really. Many post-op pics posted here never have any updates. Most of those usually turn out poorly, and the person simply chooses not to revisit the whole hair-transplant problem.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Not really. Many post-op pics posted her never have any updates. Most of those usually turn out poorly, and the person simply chooses not to revisit the whole hair-transplant problem.

How do you know this? Where do you even get this from. What makes you think that most do not turn out fine and they move on to other things instead of worrying about hairloss?

I think we are much more likely to hear from an unhappy patient than a happy one, just by the nature of people. Happy people don't occupy Wall Street, or picket their jobs, or start websites like propeciaworkedforme.com, they just continue on with life.

Are there any studies or proof to this claim that most people that do not follow up with their results have had a poor HT or is this just a guess?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks brazil fingers crossed it will come good. I looked at your link which did turn into another 2 links but i haven't seen any examples of late bloomers. Do you have links for these people who were slow but grew out good by 15 months?

Sean i got to admit if he is still learking it's very odd he isn't talking considering how much he used to get involved with us all.

Hi Bonker.

Thanks for your response.

I said you may be a late bloomer and, also, that you have something to be compared to the mentioned members, but not necessary that the thing in common is being a late bloomer (even though I think all them will be late bloomers).

I will be some more specific and talk about what I see in your case in my opinion, if you don't mind but, please, keep in mind that all I have to say is nothing but theories because I have no prove and I am not a surgeon.

May be somethings won't sound so good, what makes me sorry in advance.

1- I think your case is not bad. It is clear to me that you care a lot about your hair because, actually, a lot of men who had the hair you have would be happy with it. So, whatever you get from now on you may consider as a "plus", hehe.

2- I think that the patient of this thread (Amanindia), BrazilianPatient, Sammy84 and you have in common that your surgeons have made the cut in a very high area. Not only the native hairs suffer from shockloss but especially the grafted ones will suffer, to. Well... at the back of your head you have a safezone (where there will be hairs for the rest of your life). All hairs in the safezone will survive for the rest of your life as long as they stay where they are. If you, theorically, graft all of them and implant on the top of your hair you will see, as the years pass through, that some of them (the ones at the core of the safe zone) will be alive until the end on the top of you head but some of them will survive for decades, some for years and some (the ones at the boarder of the safezone) won't even resist the shockloss (even though ALL OF THEM would survive in the safe zone if they were not removed). And that's why I am afraid: I am surprised that H & W took a strip from an area so high when they should have taken from the core of the safezone. I told a lot about it at BrazilianPatient thread.

3- So, I think you have no reason for being worry for what will happen in the next, let's say, 5 years because you probably will have a good growth (even though a little late) and, if not, H & W will help you. The real reason to be concerned is the future beyond those next years. In order to check if you have a real reason for being worried, you may observ the baldness pattern of your family. If the head back-bow-line in your family is not too low it is a good sign because it means that your baldness won't pass the scar line.

Concerning about your question if I have links to late bloomers, actually I only bring this information in my mind but I remember I saw in a transplant forum some words from a surgeon who told that he had 2 patients (same physical appearance and body type) who underwent hair transplant only one day apart the other. At 7 months one of them showed a head with a great growth and the other one had nothing. But as the months passed through the differences went away and 14 months after the procedures both of them were at the same stage: completely bald (just kidding... they both achieved very alike good results).

I am a member of a Spanish language hair transplant forum (even though in Brazil we speak Portuguese) and we are, there, discussing a lot the possible reasons for hair transplant failure and I think we can find some interesting discovers.

Bonker, please, no matter what happens do not undergo a new procedure before talking to me. May be I will have, for the next months, REALLY VALUABLE information to tell you. You will lose absolutelly nothing for listening to me.

Just repeating: stay calm cause you probably had a lot os temporary shockloss and, even if the progress stops here (of course I wish it goes on and on), the way you are now is very above the average. Patience.

Best Regards.