6000 grafts by dr hasson.very sad :(

Well,till now it has been a long journey.I thought i will be a new new man but til now its the same.I am shattered from inside.I know i need to wait for few more months but i feel i am very unlucky .I dont know why there is zero growth.6ooo grafts is a lot but ........................:(....oh God help me!!

IMAG0081.jpg.be3b04dc79b95d8e1aae27edf641d7bc.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg.058250ed6db894760b0e13755a0aff81.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg.1ae92a115f925975df4ef844a85012c5.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg.030158aff82b179d3702e40e868c895f.jpg

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude,

You gotta hang in there bro… the journey isn’t over yet!

Judging from your before photos, I’d say that you definitely have experienced some new growth, though clearly not anything on par with what one would expect from a procedure of your magnitude. Remember, though it is less likely, you still have some time to expect new growth.

I think maturity is going to play an important role for you. At only 6 months post-op, you’re not even half way through the maturing process. Once those hairs start to thicken, you’ll have much better coverage.

Right now you have to stay positive and hope for the best. Getting down in the doldrums won’t help anything. Plus, you have the added assurance of doctors with a proven track record of standing behind their work.

However, don’t think that I’m trying to minimize your situation. I think you should definitely be concerned at this point. You should have more growth by now. I can totally understand where you’re coming from, especially considering all the early growers and outstanding results you see daily from H&W and other clinics by posters here on the HTN.

I’ve been following your case from the beginning as you and I had our procedures just 10 days apart. If it’s any consolation, I’m right there with you buddy. My situation is looking dim as well as I am experiencing very serious concerns with my HT too. However, all we can do right now is wait it out. You got the entire HTN community as well as your doc standing behind you bro. Hang in there.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

6 months is a bit early to say it's a complete failure. You do seem to have growth and an improvement but it is too early to determine that something went wrong. That being said, your donor scar is very high for my taste and you may have had some grafts transplanted that may not have been from the "safe zone" or from the permanent supply. Check with your doctor about this.

I am a consultant for Dr. True and Dr. Dorin. These opinions are my own.

Dr. Robert True and Dr. Robert Dorin are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dear Covettester & Thehairupthere,

Thanks for showing concern.I feel that if you cross 6 months you know whats gonna come.I have been following hair growth cycles since a very long time so i do have experience.The donor area seems to be high but i feel that D Hasson must have thought of something before extracting the grafts from it.I have to wait for 2 more months & then Dr Hasson is there to support me.Dr Hasson has a very good success record & i just hope it continues in my and covettester's case or else we will be shattered & broken from inside.I am a poor guy.I waited for seven years & accumulated money for this surgery man.I dont even have a car.God help!!

Hi aman, my view is that you have had some growth between month 5 and 6 but not as much as you'd expect quite rightly especialy when you compare your self to others around you that are getting good growth at 4 and 5 month.

Are the 6 month photos above with wet hair? It looks damp or greasy which will not make your hair look its best when you compare with all your other dry photos?

I've followed your case from beggining and have always felt that you were quite a big worrier i wonder if this has slowed your growth and the fact that you paniced your self unconsious during surgery with low blood pressure can only have been a negative thing slowing your growth down, the mind is a powerul tool that can make your body do unbelieveable things if you have worried a lot it's possible imo that it could have slown your blood supply down over the months, i don't know this for sure but it's just my guess. If i was you now i'd try to relax and stay calm and i'm sure things will get going for you.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

6000 grafts is a lot of trauma. It is my belief that you need at least a full year with that many grafts before getting worried.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

First to Aman. I have to ask that you continue to be patient. Even with the wet nature of your hair in the photos you uploaded I am seeing a steady improvement. It may be slow but it is steady nonetheless. I do agree with Bonkerstonker in that you have been very worried from an extremely early point in your post-op recovery. In fact, you were worried far earlier than you should have expected any difference. Regardless, it is getting better at a steady pace so I can only ask that you not beat yourself up over this. That has been the case since early on and I can't imagine it has been good for you.

TheHairUpThere,

The comment about his donor scar is not only irrelevant to the subject of this thread but it only serves to exacerbate needlessly his already high level of anxiety. Please refrain from adding to our patient's worries with comments about what is to your taste or not. His photos nor his comments have anything to do with his donor area so I cannot fathom why you would even bring this up. Aman needs our support and understanding right now, not further issues to worry about that are invalid and irrelevant.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Six months is too early to push the panic button. You have definite improvement; before you had zero hairline, now one is established. The reality is that you're not going to look like you have a full head of hair at 6 months. Hairs are growing, and more will come in over the next 6 months, but it needs time to mature as well.

You really need to see a before and after pic side by side to get a clearer idea of how much growth there has been thus far.....

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Well, for 6000 grafts and 6 months, You should have been with better results at least than this. Thats for being honest. Its not a complete failure but give it another 2 months, I agree with what corevettester said. I just dont get it why some clinics take high scars out from the safe zone. That may looks safe temporary but in long term will thin. The scar is a part of the hair transplant therefore your comment that is irrelevant is invalid. However I feel your pain Aman, I really do. Its bloody expensive. The tickets to travel to Vancouver and the rate plus tax. I would go nuts if i were in your place. Fingers crossed for month 8, otherwise they should offer you another free operation to add some density if you have enough laxity. Honestly if i were in your place I wouldnt do 6000 grafts in one session, its too much. I would have done 4000 and leave the rest for next time. As RC West mentioned, too much trauma. But hey after all, you look much better than before, Now you can play with toppik and nanogen to get full coverage as you have some hair that the fibers can hold into. Wish you all the best buddy.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hey buddy,

I think RCWest makes a good point. Your case is unique in that you have had about three times as much trauma as most people. That amount of trauma is not comparable to what others and I have endured and should definitely be weighed into your growth cycle. Thus, I think it’s reasonable to expect a slower growth cycle for your case.

Although I understand your concerns at this point, I honestly think you really do have a good chance at a great result! Your scalp is probably still recovering from the HT and now that I think about it more, I really think you have a serious chance to see a lot more growth, not to mention maturity.

I too have been following growth cycles for a long time. However, I forgot to take into consideration what a massive procedure you had. How many posters have you seen undergo a 6,000 graft mega-session? You’re the first that I’ve seen! So let’s add some perspective your situation.

Yes, I feel your pain regarding the monetary costs involved. It was a huge financial expense for me too. I had to save for over two years. Originally, I had been saving the money to make a yearlong backpacking trip through your country, Nepal and Southeast Asia. It’s always been a dream of mine to eat real Indian food and travel leisurely throughout India and Asia! However, I decided to put it off because I wanted to get this hair thing out of the way once and for all… I didn’t want all the Indian babes to see me as a NW3, ouch!

So dude, just think about how silly you’re going to feel when you have a whole head of hair, you’re surrounded by hot Indian babes wanting Kama Sutra day and night, and you go back and read some of the posts where you’re panicking! You have to stay calm now bro… don’t worry yourself bald!

I’ve already started saving again for my trip to Asia. Once we get our hair sorted out, I’ll come visit you in your country. We’ll have a beer together and, in between beautiful women dancing before us, we’ll laugh about how silly we were for worrying so much…

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Grammar. Emphasis.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I think procedure looks fine so far! 6 months is way too early to really speculate on anything. I can understand the OP's anxiety because it's a huge financial and emotional investment to get an HT and even the remotest doubt it's not going to live up to your expectations is a massive worry. So far it looks fine though; it was a large session and at only 6 months, whilst some people may have experienced more growth than you at this stage, there's still all to look forward to. The hair could suddenly blossom in the next 2-3 months now, which is more than likely. The improvements are clear to see and although I understand they're not massive improvements yet, they have all the groundwork to end up impressive!

Regarding this 'safe zone' debate, whilst I understand where people are coming from I think it's a bit irresponsible to make offhand remarks about it being too high. These doctors will quite literally see and work with more heads of hair than any of us would get close to. They know the patients age, medical history, probably some knowledge about the family history. In short, these doctors have more knowledge of this than any of us and if Dr. Hasson chose to take out a strip that high then he must have a very good and very plausible reason for doing so. For my money whilst the strip is high it's still a good few centimetres away from even the nearest sign of thinning and it seems clear to me the doctor feels the rim of DHT-resistant follicles has been firmly established and has chosen to take the strip close to that rim whilst still leaving a healthy margin in case there is further thinning. Not everybody just continues to thin indefinitely - the permanent, stable donor zone is going to be different for everybody and if the doctor feels confident he has established the limits of that zone then that's his decision, and I think it's pretty reckless for us to go suggesting he's wrong.

Thank you all.You are like my family & i will be very happy if everyone of us have good results from your surgeries.God bless everyone.Waiting for the end to come................God help me ................amaennnnnn

I think procedure looks fine so far! 6 months is way too early to really speculate on anything.

Come now. This is a very unfortunate case because the patient is in a lot of pain, but lying to him will not spare his feelings; it'll only create false hope, which leads to despair even worse than the kind he's feeling now. Sure the transplant may improve some, but the better transplants are almost always precocious and usually get a "wow" at six months. Chances are, if you get a "wow" ad six months, you'll have a leading result. If you have a "meh" at six months, you're probably headed toward an average result. And if you have something as uninspired as this, you usually have a bust procedure on your hands. And bust procedures can ocassionaly happen even with the best doctors, and Hasson is one of the best. Why do they happen? A combination of factors, many of which are a mystery.

To amaninindia: Hang in there, friend. You're only 28. This is not the end; it's only the beginning. I think there's a very credible chance that you'll have a full head of hair within the next 10-15 years as a result of progress being made in stem-cell technology. That may seem like a long time, but it'll pass before you know it. In the meantime, no more hair transplants. More procedures will only result in a deeper financial and emotional hole. Deal with it the best you can and keep your eye on the prize.

amanindia,

I realy think you should wait until AT LEAST 9TH months to see any noticable growth.and 12 months to see 80-90% of the result.and after 18 months the true final result.(based on my own experience)

I know some people see much more growth by 6-7th months.but there are many people who see no growth in 6th months.

I'm one of them,I had 2 sessions and I had no significant growth at 6th month.I started seeing improvements in 8-9th month and by 12th month I could really see the result however it took another 6 months after that for the hair to fully mature and thicken..clearly noticable difference between 12 months and 18th months for me.

you should not stress too much,just relax and wait and stay positive.people are different in term of growth.

good luck.

Edited by alix

Shadow I get what you're saying but with respect have u seen his loss and pre ht state I really don't think he was ever gonna get a wow result with just short of 6000 grafts anyway mate.

Aman is your hair wet in your new pictures can u put up some dry hair pictures so we can compare properly.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Yeah, the wet hair doesn't do your hair any justice at this point. Do you usually wear it like you just got out of the shower? Of course, it's gonna look thin. Transplanted hair only looks as good as you want it to. Make the best of what you have, not the worst.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Come now. This is a very unfortunate case because the patient is in a lot of pain, but lying to him will not spare his feelings; it'll only create false hope, which leads to despair even worse than the kind he's feeling now. Sure the transplant may improve some, but the better transplants are almost always precocious and usually get a "wow" at six months. Chances are, if you get a "wow" ad six months, you'll have a leading result. If you have a "meh" at six months, you're probably headed toward an average result. And if you have something as uninspired as this, you usually have a bust procedure on your hands. And bust procedures can ocassionaly happen even with the best doctors, and Hasson is one of the best. Why do they happen? A combination of factors, many of which are a mystery.

To amaninindia: Hang in there, friend. You're only 28. This is not the end; it's only the beginning. I think there's a very credible chance that you'll have a full head of hair within the next 10-15 years as a result of progress being made in stem-cell technology. That may seem like a long time, but it'll pass before you know it. In the meantime, no more hair transplants. More procedures will only result in a deeper financial and emotional hole. Deal with it the best you can and keep your eye on the prize.

I'm not trying to be disingenuous to amaninindia. My point is that his progress has been steady if not spectacular and HTs have to mature before they can be fully assessed. Yes this patient has not seen the sort of growth he would like or perhaps expect from others around him, but each HT is an individual procedure for an individual person and as long as there is progress of some sort there remains every chance this HT will be a success.

Nothing can really be assessed until at least the 8-9 month mark, when the HT should be truly coming in to its own and be approaching the point at which it starts resembling the full article. If amaninindia is still unhappy then and the results have not improved then, yes, of course it's time to talk to the doctor and see what can be done.

Assumptions that this HT hasn't worked are just unfair and unfounded at this point. It's really FROM this point forward we should start looking forward to how things develop. Yes, many patients see better results prior to the 6 months mark - some successful patients don't. The doctor in question can't really make any future plans (if he even needs to) until the hair has had time to mature and the results become defined - and that is not for at least another 2-3 months. So the best thing we can do is give amaninindia our support and hope the progress picks up and he's just a late bloomer. It does happen, perhaps not as rarely as you imagine either.

Amanindia

Hang in there. I agree. 5 months is early and from what I have read, it can take 9 months or more before those babies spring into life. I've been doing a lot of reading of people's stories on the web, and sometimes it takes time.

I would encourage you to keep snaping photos and letting us know your progress. I'd say give it at least 3 - 4 more months. Stop evaluating your hair growth everyday or you'll drive yourself crazy (easier said then done, I understand). Dr. Hasson has a good track recored.

Please keep posting your results on your web log and watch the change. It should be great.

Life is like a game of cards. The hand that is dealth you represents determinism; the way you play it is free will.

Jawaharal Nehru

Aman I have been reading this post and decided to give you my feedback. Its easy to be discouraged at 6 months. In fact most people are not fully happy at the 6 month point. So with my experience its still a bit early to panic. Looking at your pictures there is definately a different to your preop and your 6 month pictures. What concerns me is a few points and please dont take this personally. Post after pictures that are wet is not a accurate way for posters to give you there opinion. In fact there are doctors out there that will post wet before pictures. Then after a year they will post dry after pictures to show a much more dramatic results. This in my opinion doesnt give an accurate evalutation of your hair transplant nor does it doing it the other way around. Another concern is it appear you are extremely distraught about your results until now. Just be patient I know its hard but you have no other choice panicking doesnt make your results come in quicker. I also saw your pictures with your parents I find that fantastic when the family come to support each other. There is nothing stronger than family unity. I just recently lost two family members and I miss that unity. So kudos to you and your family!

There are many comments about your progress some are accurate other are in left field in my opinion. The best person to listen to is Joe and further more Dr. Hasson. Although I agree with Mahhong comment and there are some of the few on this threat I can agree with. Others have decided to worsen the situation and assist you in over panicking. Regardless everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You never know my friend...you have to wait until 12 month....not 18 etc...thats science fiction stories except some special cases...generally what i have notice from me is that more or less you will have the same result of 8 month with some 10% improvement from maturing...everything else is just lies and trust me that the truth is ONLY what you see in the mirror and how you feel about it...so i would advise you to stop asking for opinions based on photos but be patient and see what happens after 6 months...i wish you the best

Hi Aman,

I've had a look at your photos before/after and you definitely had some growth at six months. You need to sit back and wait for the end result and try not to worry too much. It isn't helping you...

From everything that I have read H & W stand behind their patients and will provide assistance if your HT has less than desirable results.

Good luck.

Regards

Rod