6000 grafts by dr hasson.very sad :(

Not sure what jotronic has said in the past but the man knows what he's talking about with all them years behind him and 4 hts. I was thinking about using concealers in a few months but I don't think I'll bother now like you say it's not worth it I suppose. Just to add I used loads of toppik on my crown from the 7 month mark after my ht1 and it turned out fine so it might be physiology.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any new updates Aman?

It's been almost 4 months since your last update. You should be close to your one year final result now. I'm keen to know how you're doing, as are many others...

I've been following you and YouOnlyLiveOnce from the beginning because the three of us are about the same age and we had our HTs only a couple weeks apart. We're the graduating class of 2011!

However, I haven't heard from you guys in months, so I really hope everything is coming along well. Give us an update when you can. Take care, buddy.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Big numbers, be it dollars or grafts will lead to higher expectations. If most docs big cases are 3,000 odd grafts and they charge approximately $10,000 or less and someone else does double that in price and grafts shouldn't it make sense that the results need to be twice as good? It seems to be more then a few of the big cases while they generate a lot of excitement from the patient and the daily contributors on this site, the excitement on the patient end seems to fade as the months progress You can't get the big numbers going straight North to South in the donor area. Could that be why the questions about going outside the donor area come up quite a bit to get the big numbers?

If someone buys a Rolls Royce and they get a Toyota engine and interior don't they have a right to be upset and have a right to be compensated for paying a premium and not getting excellent quality and strong results ?

Huh??

Quote:

Originally Posted by holysmokes7 viewpost.gif

Big numbers, be it dollars or grafts will lead to higher expectations. If most docs big cases are 3,000 odd grafts and they charge approximately $10,000 or less and someone else does double that in price and grafts shouldn't it make sense that the results need to be twice as good? It seems to be more then a few of the big cases while they generate a lot of excitement from the patient and the daily contributors on this site, the excitement on the patient end seems to fade as the months progress You can't get the big numbers going straight North to South in the donor area. Could that be why the questions about going outside the donor area come up quite a bit to get the big numbers?

If someone buys a Rolls Royce and they get a Toyota engine and interior don't they have a right to be upset and have a right to be compensated for paying a premium and not getting excellent quality and strong results ?

Huh???

Huh Huh???

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Huh huh huh! lol

Ha ha i think i get what you're trying to say. Do you mean that when big ops are done grafts are taken from outside of donor because if so i think not you can 10000 grafts out of the standard safe zone in 2 sittings so there would be no need to go outside of zones for over 3000. Plus some of the small ops are taken from slightly higher than the standard safe zone.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

You'd after email him he's not been on for a couple of months so I'm guessing it either grew in well or he had another op either way he's clearly tranquil and happy because if otherwise he'd of been back on here to ask for advice.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

...so I'm guessing it either grew in well or he had another op either way he's clearly tranquil and happy because if otherwise he'd of been back on here to ask for advice.

Bonkers,

You're making a huge assumption. I don't think you're authorized to speak for Aman.

Last time anyone heard from Aman, he was very concerned about his yield and dissatisfied with his progress. Thus, I fail to see how you can conclude that he's "clearly tranquil and happy."

Doesn't it stands to reason that if he were happy, he would be posting his wonderful results?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Its funny how people just love to attack H&W. Yet many of these same poster dont ever say one word when they or a posters shows great results from them.

Congratulations, Lorenzo.

This is your first post ever where you have no spelling errors. You might want to keep all your posts that short.

Thanks! Argumentum ad ignorantiam.

I am sure we will be hearing from him soon. I have no idea what happened to him.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

After 12 pages of comments, and with the amount of worrying he did, an update would certainly be nice....Hopefully Aman got a great result--he certainly looked as if he was on track for one, imo.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

As I said you'd have to email him mate and I'm authroised by my self to give my own assumption As I said I'm guessing, nowhere does it say I speak for aman I then go on to say either way he's happy which obviously means if one of my two assumptions are correct.

You do raise a fair point if he was happy he would be on talk about it too but like I also said he may have had more work so unless he's got new batteries for his time machine he can not come on to talk about his result.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hairthere I'm not sure if he was on for a great result imo but it was creeping up slowly hopefully it all came in over the last 2 months.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

You'd after email him he's not been on for a couple of months so I'm guessing it either grew in well or he had another op either way he's clearly tranquil and happy because if otherwise he'd of been back on here to ask for advice.

I have no idea how anyone could think that's a valid inference.

I don't know what happened with Aman, but this "mystery" ending is typical of most HTs on internet hair sites. We see their initial post-op pictures, and then they tend to disappear. Obviously, that's not the case with all patients, but it probably happens about 50 percent of the time. If it seems less, it's because we forget about them.

Of course, I reserve the (miniscule) possibility that they're all out doing 80 mph in a convertible on PCH, enjoying their Bieber mops, but I think the truth is a much grimmer picture.

Each to there own, I try to be positive about things I do not know to be fact but yes I'm sure there is a lot of failures. Like you say one thing that definitely is a fact is there is a lot of incomplete blogs and threads.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Its funny how people just love to attack H&W. Yet many of these same poster dont ever say one word when they or a posters shows great results from them.

Lorenzo,

Who is attacking H&W?

If anything, from what I've seen, the overwehlming majority of posters, myself included, praise the countless successes of H&W... and with good reason.

I bumped this thread to check in on AmanIndia. He's due for his one year update, and subsequent final result. For various reasons, his case is of particular interest to the community, and as I stated before, the class of 2011!

I really hope it comes through for him. I think we all remember what a particularly emotional ordeal it was for him considering his personal story. He was a very sincere, albeit high-strung, poster who had a lot riding on his result. What's more, he was kind enough to share it with the community.

Maybe Joetronic could chime in on this one... Have you heard anything from Aman, Joe?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

I agree with you Corvettester. Holysmokes makes a lot of sense. But don't you waste your time on this. H&W bulldogs will eat you alive, they will never accept a criticism at all lol...

I really wish Aman India is doing fine. He must have been fully grown up now. I really feel for him, traveling all the way from India and have it in an expensive rate with 6000 grafts and in addition Indian rupee and Canadian dollar rate. Man, I would suicide if my hair didn't grow well. Mega sessions are gambling to me. If I were in his place I would do 3000 grafts then do the other 3000 grafts later.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The transplant itself looked fine. It looks as though the grafts may have just been rejected by your head or something. There are always going to be that handful of people in which a hair transplant simply doesn't work out. After looking at your initial photos though, it does not appear to be a complete failure. I would give the clinic a call and I'm sure they will work with you to try and figure out a reasonable solution, depending on the options (if any) available. Good luck

First of all its only 6 months when he posted the pictures. If people are going judge a 6 month result as a failure or success I recommend that none of you ever get a hair transplant. It has been well documented that 6 months is still early to come to a verdict concerning hair transplants.

H&W bulldogs will eat you alive, they will never accept a criticism at all lol...

Without any disrespect instead of talking about other peoples hair transplant why not show your photos?

You have been a member for over 10 months and never shown ONE photo. You have recently had a hair transplant from your Allah Dr. Rahal but never posted any photos. Is it right that you comment about everyone elses and never show not one photo?

Lorenzo,

Who is attacking H&W?

Corvester I am not talking about you. You have been honest and transparent from the begining. Even when your hair transplant was not 100% successful you still posted pictures and told the truth. Hariri is the complete opposite talk talk talk without showing anything exept "Rahal is god Rahal is king".At least you have excellent communication skills and photos even though I dont agreee with everything you say I fully respect your opinion.

First of all its only 6 months when he posted the pictures. If people are going judge a 6 month result as a failure or success I recommend that none of you ever get a hair transplant. It has been well documented that 6 months is still early to come to a verdict concerning hair transplants.

You're arguing with yourself. We hashed this out several months ago, and we all agreed that the proof would ultimately be in the pudding---or not. So now we're here, about 11 months out, to see what became of the transplant.

Without any disrespect instead of talking about other peoples hair transplant why not show your photos?
Because (1) this is a thread about someone else's transplant, not his; and (2) his transplant or lack thereof is completely irrelevant to the question whether Aman's transplant showed major growth after the seven-months mark. That's what we want to know.

You have been a member for over 10 months and never shown ONE photo. You have recently had a hair transplant from your Allah Dr. Rahal but never posted any photos. Is it right that you comment about everyone elses and never show not one photo?
Whether he shows photos or not has nothing to do with the transplant being discussed in this thread. We just want to see how it ended up. That's all. What's the big deal?

Hariri while we're on the subject why haven't you posted any pictures? I find that strange that you don't want to give back to the forum.

Lorenzo corv wasn't completely honest he did pretend he planned 2 hts after he realised jagged hairlines didn't look too clever and it hadn't come in as well as he thought it would on one side but other than he was.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Lorenzo corv wasn't completely honest he did pretend he planned 2 hts after he realised jagged hairlines didn't look too clever and it hadn't come in as well as he thought it would on one side but other than he was.

Bonkers,

What are you even talking about?

At this point, I have to ask what positive do you contribute to this community. Is this just another pathetic attempt to distract the community from the subject at hand? This thread isn't about my results or my hairline.

Further, I have stated several times throughout the past year that I knew I would have to go back for a second pass, and it certainly wasn't to contour my hairline as you assume. All of this is easily verifiable because I have documented my case better than almost anyone on the HTN.

As everyone who has followed my progress knows, I had to get a second pass because of a low yield from the first HT. I didn't have a satisfactory result. Not enough of the grafts took. I wasn't happy with that. Now that I put it in baby-talk, do you understand Bonkers? I've always been very transparent. Unlike you Bonkers, I'm no cheerleader. My loyalties are to myself and my result, period.

The fact that I decided to tweak the hairline design is completely irrelevant. As I stated several times throughout the past year, I actually prefer the more contoured or straight hairline design as opposed to the jagged approach. How was I supposed to know which one I would prefer until after I got to live with it a while? I originally thought the that I'd like the jagged as it looks really good on most guys. However, due to my fair skin and blonde hair, I think a contoured hairline suits me better, just my personal preference is all. To each his own.

There are only a handful of docs who do the contoured hairlines anyway, H&W, Rahal, Arocha, Bisanga, etc... The vast majority of coalition docs do the jagged. It's simply a matter of personal preference. And it's definitely NOT that reason I went back for a second pass.

Further, as I stated in my posts starting last year, I knew from the beginning that I may have to go back for a second pass for density. I was hoping that 1,700 grafts would be enough, but now that I've been on the forums long enough and seen enough results, I know that NW3s need at least 3,000 grafts. Either way, as I stated throughout, I had a poor yield, so I had to go back.

You think I'm lying? You think I'm pretending? Here are some of my updates from the past year verifying everything I said. You can see the evolution of my current preference as well. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure you have sufficient reading comprehension skills to understand them...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158522-what-makes-better-hairline-uneven-perfectly-even.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159626-review-true-dorin-part-1-3-pre-op.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158812-two-month-update-dr-dorin-1-698-fut.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159600-dr-dorin-1-696-fut-4-month-update.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160457-6-month-update-dr-dorin-1-696-fut.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/161215-8-month-update-dr-dorin-1-696-fut.html

Serioulsy Bonkers, you're making a fool of yourself. Your comments only prove your ignorance as well as a disingenuous, mean-spirited attempt at stirring up controversy. Everyone knows that you're not the smartest guy around, but we tolerate you because it's not about intelligence, it's about giving back to the community in a sincere and meaningful way, which anyone can do. However, I don't see that coming from you much lately.

Unfortunately, I don't see you giving back much these days in much of anything, aside from snide, ad hominem attacks on dissenting posters. You're just more of a rabble rouser and trash-talker and it's really not impressing anyone. You're one of the most prolific posters on the HTN, yet you say so little...

Now can we please get this thread back on topic....

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Lol...

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Looks like this is a hot topic! Just checked Aman's 6.5 month update (his latest), and beside the fact that it does indeed look like he behind schedule - the following quote from Aman is really disturbing:

"This is my growth after 6.5 months.I spoke to Dr Hasson about my slow growth & he said that between 6 to 8 months you see the main difference.He has advised me to double the dosage of Proscar to 2.5 mg per day and has told me to shampoo my hair on daily basis."

To help expedite the patient's transplant growth, the doctor is advising him to go 2.5x the dosage recommended for hairloss? Outside of the fact that transplanted hair isn’t typically affected by DHT, so this so trying to suppress more of this hormone to promote transplanted hair is futile… sounds like Aman is maybe being mislead that it’s his fault for his sub par results.

This stuff shouldn’t be played around with, and instead of taking responsibility and supporting the patient, advising him to double up on a medication created to alter a person’s hormones is irresponsible.

Hopefully someone comes into the thread and clarifies what is going on here, hopefully Aman mis-understood the conversation with the doc.

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

Looks like this is a hot topic! Just checked Aman's 6.5 month update (his latest), and beside the fact that it does indeed look like he behind schedule - the following quote from Aman is really disturbing:

"This is my growth after 6.5 months.I spoke to Dr Hasson about my slow growth & he said that between 6 to 8 months you see the main difference.He has advised me to double the dosage of Proscar to 2.5 mg per day and has told me to shampoo my hair on daily basis."

To help expedite the patient's transplant growth, the doctor is advising him to go 2.5x the dosage recommended for hairloss? Outside of the fact that transplanted hair isn’t typically affected by DHT, so this so trying to suppress more of this hormone to promote transplanted hair is futile… sounds like Aman is maybe being mislead that it’s his fault for his sub par results.

This stuff shouldn’t be played around with, and instead of taking responsibility and supporting the patient, advising him to double up on a medication created to alter a person’s hormones is irresponsible.

Hopefully someone comes into the thread and clarifies what is going on here, hopefully Aman mis-understood the conversation with the doc.

I must admit I was also a bit confused by this. H+W also prescribe, I believe, Dutasteride in the event that finasteride isn't working (I am only saying this based on several H+W cases on here where I read as much).

They're doctors and they have their reasons for changing recommended dosages or medicines, but I was always led to believe that anything over 1mg finasteride had, at best, a negligible improvement over the 1mg dosage.

That having been said, whilst I personally wouldn't be sure about taking 2.5mg of finasteride, it's still well within an "acceptable" dosage range as far as the medication is concerned.

It's a shame that aman doesn't seem to have been back on here though. Would like to see how his results are doing and also know he's well, as he was quite worried last time I heard anything from him.