ES: 9 month update Dr. Hasson -- and time for some FUN !!!

Well people, I appear to be entering that long awaited and dreamed of period where I am rapidly losing interest in spending any more time on hairloss forums. To even summon the energy to post these pics was quite a burden; so instead of being my usual obsessive/compulsive self I decided to have a sense of humor this time around.

Gone are the days where I even care anymore about keeping the photo angles and lighting the same, or posting the most revealing harsh reality photos that allow other forum members to clinically and accurately evaluate my case. Indeed, since virtually nobody else seems to care to make such an effort then why should I ?

So I hereby give you these "before & after" shots selected specifically for shock value and to give myself a hearty laugh! These photos are indeed real with no touch ups or modifications of any kind, no concealers, no nada!

They show my progression from month 1 to month 9. Yes, I did have significant shockloss at the 1 month mark; so for you anal retentive skeptics out there, I will admit that the 1 month photos are not wholly accurate in representing my pre-op state. However, since 1 month postop was the lowest point of my life (cosmetically speaking) it gives me great pleasure to compare these photos. I had to live thru that dark period and so I feel like I have every right to make this comparison. If anybody wants to see my true preop state then visit my blog and be sure to look at my buzz cut photos to get an accurate picture.

In the "after" shots my hair length is slightly less than 1", and they were taken 2 days ago.

before1.jpg.7fdba7588b5f1917a0b20f23feb6f8b9.jpg

after1.jpg.16f10841f7373d5ecd2cb523d6efbd45.jpg

before2.jpg.764fce402842c3ff46b8c4b02170b2a4.jpg

after2.jpg.c757766b753ee71c5cba0772f0b3e697.jpg

before3.jpg.9f6b881125bad088f32a15f1048cc37d.jpg

after3.jpg.e12ba20aa7ad591f09a96a6dbe5986c0.jpg

before4.jpg.0a12db18c210f994d64b7749333fedf0.jpg

after4.jpg.9896048d51d29bfc05b74a13f42393f7.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing... I'm speechless!

You have one of the top 5 best results that I have ever seen. I think it looks just perfect. I bet you must be so happy. I'm happy for you too ES.

FYI, you're not the only one who cares about good pics. I am trying my best to post good, solid, varied angled and varied lighted pics. I'll have some outdoor ones up soon.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Thanks everybody!

Corvettester,

I'm just as speechless and still have to pinch myself every morning to make sure it's not a dream. I lived for 17+ years as a half bald circus clown (age 24-41), so if anybody deserved a little justice it was me! BTW, you're looking damn good yourself bro so early on; I saw your recent update and get ready cause now the fun begins! I wish you the very best.

Sean,

Thanks man!

Levrais,

Thanks man, you're looking stellar these days yourself!

multiplier,

Yes, I am on 1.25mg fin everyday and have been using 5% minox for over 7 months now, plus 3000mg MSM & Biotin every day.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

Wow looks amazing! Congrads this is what having a hair transplant is all about. How does it feel???

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

That looks amazing! Even if you said you put on concealer in those pics, that would still be amazing. You sure you didn't use concealer? ;) Wow. Congrats!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

That looks to be a fantastic result mate!

You must be over the moon?!

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Wow looks amazing! Congrads this is what having a hair transplant is all about. How does it feel???

Thanks man, you're looking great as well! Another one of many Dr. Hasson happy patients out of thousands.

I remember you with the dyed blond hair from a H & W video where you do the interpreting for an italian patient with black hair who had 8000+ grafts. That was actually one of the many things that influenced me to go with the H & W clinic, so I thank you deeply or that! The italian guy had an amazing looking result and it was really stunning to see his transformation.

How does it feel ? I have more hair now than I did when I was 25 --- so it feels frickin great !! :D;)

It is amazing how cocky one can become in a short nine months. bwahaha. Just kidding. I do hope that you continue to contribute to the forum. I have been watching your case since I came to this site and your hair looks great. U r a lucky guy. Based on your pics,I don't see how u r going to improve much in the next 3 months but I do hope you post a 1 year just for all who have ollowed and all that come after. It is a great case...u should be in a H and W brochure or something.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That is impressive for you to look at but its also misleading for people who might base their decisions on this pics ;). Its impossible this numbers of grafts to give that transformation!

I think you had more hair to begin with i saw your pictures somewhere before, at the first month you must had shockloss and your hair looks worst that what it really was before your transplant.

Do you have any pics before the transplant?It would be far more accurate (though propably not so amazing ;))

anyhow the after pics look great but you go a bit too far to show the transformation as dramatic as possible, i am sure you enjoy seeing them but for the shake of other people who dont know any better you should show before your transplant pics :rolleyes:

Spanker, There will actually be a big difference in the next three months, and up until 18 months. The maturation my hair went through post 9 months was quite a bit and gave my hair a much fuller, healthier appearance for sure.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

4496 grafts and under 8000 hairs with that kind of coverage must mean you have tree sized hair shaft thickness :D I hope you don't abandon us totally. We would sorely miss your wit! Congrats on the AMAZING results dude!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

That is impressive for you to look at but its also misleading for people who might base their decisions on this pics ;). Its impossible this numbers of grafts to give that transformation!

I think you had more hair to begin with i saw your pictures somewhere before, at the first month you must had shockloss and your hair looks worst that what it really was before your transplant.

Do you have any pics before the transplant?It would be far more accurate (though propably not so amazing ;))

anyhow the after pics look great but you go a bit too far to show the transformation as dramatic as possible, i am sure you enjoy seeing them but for the shake of other people who dont know any better you should show before your transplant pics :rolleyes:

Count,

Look up my blog on here under my name and you can see some pre-op pics.

And just for grins, here is another shot taken of me about 1 year ago showing my pre-op condition. But this is also deceiving because my hair is a bit longer in this pic than it is in my 9 month pics. Had it been as short then the baldness would look even worse.

5b32ccb23ff22_BuzzcutGrownOut1inch015.jpg.6b969649061174a2136cfffc4b230dec.jpg

Spanker, There will actually be a big difference in the next three months, and up until 18 months. The maturation my hair went through post 9 months was quite a bit and gave my hair a much fuller, healthier appearance for sure.

I think you may be right because the temples are not yet as thick as the forelock area which is frickin ridiculously dense! I can only attribute this to the fact that my wispy existing native hair in that area all grew back and thus makes it thicker than the temples which had not one single hair remaining.

Also, when I part the hair with a comb and inspect very closely I can still see countless smaller, thinner hairs growing in between all of the thicker ones. Jesus man, if these hairs thicken up like the others then I might have so much hair that I'll look like a freak with a bad toupe -- yikes !!! (LOL) :D

4496 grafts and under 8000 hairs with that kind of coverage must mean you have tree sized hair shaft thickness :D I hope you don't abandon us totally. We would sorely miss your wit! Congrats on the AMAZING results dude!

Don't worry man, I'll send my final updates from an iphone on the beach in south america along with some hi res photos of some super hot golden skinned babes !!!

My next plan will be to MAXIMIZE the hair to skin contrast ratio, so I'll be spending some quality time in the sun this spring and summer. I am lucky in that my skin tans easily and can get very, very dark whilst at the same time my hair lightens up significantly and turns light brownish, reddish-blonde. I think I might be able to get so dark that the hair/skin contrast is next to zero. What I am seeing right now is the worst case scenario in that regard for sure.

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

EP,

Your case has inspired me to take the next step because your documentation of your scar with short hair has given me hope. I have to wear my hair short right now because I currently serve in the marines, so I don't want anyone to notice that I've had the procedure done. The procedure that i'm planning is half the amount of yours, but if my scarring looks half as good as yours I'll be completely happy. Thanks again because your dedication to documenting your case and all the input/post that I've read from you has hepled finally make an appointment, so please know that there are many people out there like me that appreciates the effort that you have put in. Congrats on your results!

Bolo

EP,

Your case has inspired me to take the next step because your documentation of your scar with short hair has given me hope. I have to wear my hair short right now because I currently serve in the marines, so I don't want anyone to notice that I've had the procedure done. The procedure that i'm planning is half the amount of yours, but if my scarring looks half as good as yours I'll be completely happy. Thanks again because your dedication to documenting your case and all the input/post that I've read from you has hepled finally make an appointment, so please know that there are many people out there like me that appreciates the effort that you have put in. Congrats on your results!

Bolo

Bolo,

Thanks for the feedback, and I am gald to hear that my documentation has helped others around here.

Just remember that the outcome of your scar will depend on the size of the strip as well as your laxity and healing attributes; and of course it will MOSTLY depend on the skill of the surgeon!

So I sincerely hope you have chosen wisely in that regard.