ES: 9 month update Dr. Hasson -- and time for some FUN !!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ES,

It's been a long haul but things have finally paid off big time! Your hair looks great! I'm happy for you!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I wish i am like you soon.God please help me :(....waiting for the end to come!

Aman,

Hang in there bro! From now until month 12 you WILL see dramatic changes, so feel good that you made it thru the doldrums. I have a good feeling about your case turning out well, and I am usually right when i get these feelings. I prayed to god as well and meditated every night on growth to come when I was at my lowest point.

All will be well, so just be patient and somehow try and forget about your hair for a little while. The moment you forget and stop worrying will be the same moment you start to notice the hair coming in. :D

What can you say, jaw droppingly awesome....your result is staggering! Enjoy it my friend, grow it long and get it blonde!!!! 18 again! :eek:

Johnny,

Thanks man! Your results are jaw dropping as well. I look at your pics and think "damn, that dude looks like he could walk into a club and out with a 20 year old chick in 5 minutes". (lol) Now THAT is what a successful HT is all about !!!

18 ?? Nah, I would say it's more like the hairline I had at age 22; but hey, I've got no complaints about that. It is indeed truly amazing how much younger the hair in the front makes us look. If I could post a face forward shot (like Anouar did) folks around here would be even more shocked; it reduces age perception by at least 10 years, probably more like 15. To me that is the reason to get a HT, not just to hide any trace of baldness.

It's funny you mention the "blonde" thing, cause after seeing your new look I am seriously thinking about adopting an almost identical hairstyle if I can somehow keep the hair straight when it gets that long. Last time it was that long (7 months post-op) it was quite wavy (kinky) and hard to control. I sure hope it softens up like the vets say it will in the coming months !!!

So what product(s) do you use to "straighten" out your hair like that ?

Edited by EpilepticSceptic

• 2 weeks later...

Products? Pretty much none my friend!

God, I'm talking like a stylist and with my occupation!!!

Wash hair, use a good conditioner to soften the hair. Blow Dry (Did I really say that, somebody slap me now!) with large gap comb (no pulling of hair). Grab the other half's GHD/Straighteners and straighten by section, until done. Get some water-based hair wax (oil based are crap as when you get hot, it gets curly!), and gently rub through the hair. The wax really makes the difference.

Go for the messy look, with the two tone blond (shoeshine or foil depending on length) as this makes your hair porous and therefore thicker. None of it will get on your scalp so all's good. This will definately add density to any HT in all lights....a tip from the family stylist.

I'm ashamed of myself :cool:

Don't mean to hijack this tread but Johnny_b that is some cool looking hair. So many people get hts and never get decents cuts and style. I just might consider your styling tips as my hair as also a huge wave. I was also thinking about highlights.

hello ES,awsome results,if i could sell a kidney or two my top choice would have to be H&W for the consistently brilliant results they achieve of which your now one,doe's this mean you'll be changeing your name as now you don't seem so sceptical but a very very happy chappie,i think it is evident from your posts that it has changed your life and personality,would you agree?i'm very happy for you[but not as happy as you are]only jokeing,all the bast and have a good day.....

massive improvement. thank you for giving us the latest top down pics under bright light. those are much more accurate to judge. I think your doc knocked it out of the park because the I would expect your temple areas to thicken over the next 6 months and for your new hairline to look close to perfect.

congrats again

massive improvement. thank you for giving us the latest top down pics under bright light. those are much more accurate to judge. I think your doc knocked it out of the park because the I would expect your temple areas to thicken over the next 6 months and for your new hairline to look close to perfect.

congrats again

Thanks man!

I'm trying to grow it out now and see what styling options I will have; it's hard to decide because I really do like the near buzzed down look as it seems to work quite well with the ladies !!

Here are a couple of indoor "perspective" shots taken yesterday after just waking up, so it's pretty much the messy "bedhead" look which can be kinda cool. The length is still pretty short ( 2" at the most ), and so it's hard to do anything but comb it straight up and back, or forward which looks a bit dweebish IMO at this length. We get so used to judging HTs from the clinical "top down" shots on these forums that we are often missing the bigger picture of what a HT should really be about IMO - the face forward view.

:cool:

5b32cd4eced93_4-7-11001.jpg.c8d138e10919b7b6b4b745cfa921583c.jpg

5b32cd4ee16fa_4-7-11004.jpg.be0b90ad9e8add86e02923dd389fe6d7.jpg

nice one pal that's what i call a ht you must have some serious fertile scalpage lol. What grade buzz can you get your scar down to mate?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

nice one pal that's what i call a ht you must have some serious fertile scalpage lol. What grade buzz can you get your scar down to mate?

bonker,

I'd say a #4 to be safe; even then I might need a few sprinkles of toppik to completely eliminate any possibility of it being detected under bright lights.

But this is only because of 2 areas (one about 2" long in the rear, and the other about 3/4" long at the very end on the right side) where I think shock loss may have occured. I say this because I can clearly see the scar line in these areas ( a little white line), and it still measures 1-2 mm. So I am pretty sure it is not due to stretching.

The rest of it I could probably hide easily even under a #3 and maybe even a #2 -- that's how narrow it is.

So I might opt for a scar revision down the line just to make it perfect -- or FUE into these areas. It really isn't necessary, but it would be nice to have the #3 buzz option without needing any toppik.

Hey ES,

Have you ever considered lowering your hairline?

Not that your HT doesn't look amazing as it is. In one of your previous posts, you mentioned that your HT has made you into a mature NW2... yet you must have at least another 4,000 grafts in your donor area.

So I was wondering if you've ever been tempted to take it down to a NW1? Do you think you run the risk of further balding? Or do you just think it wouldn't look right?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

That's strange epileptic i would of thought shockloss to completely have grown back my now ar you sure it's shockloss?

Also i'm on week 3 and i can clearly see hair groing through the scar joining line is that common did you get this so early on, i couldn't believe it when i saw it this tricho closure is astoninishing or it could be just me getting very lucky. I do have a fair bit of shockloss under the scar joining line did you get that?

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hey ES,

Have you ever considered lowering your hairline?

Not that your HT doesn't look amazing as it is. In one of your previous posts, you mentioned that your HT has made you into a mature NW2... yet you must have at least another 4,000 grafts in your donor area.

So I was wondering if you've ever been tempted to take it down to a NW1? Do you think you run the risk of further balding? Or do you just think it wouldn't look right?

Corvettester

Well, I can't say that "hair greed" hasn't crossed my mind since seeing what a good HT can accomplish. But TBH I don't think it would really improve the quality of my life that much from where I am right now.

Unfortunately I cannot show my face, but if you (and others) could see how the HT frames it then you would probably agree that a NW1 hairline might not be much of an improvement; it is a DRAMATIC improvement from where I was! So I think a NW1, in my case, would have diminishing returns for the risks involved.

That is only one reason. The other is that at 41 I see there being the potential of pursuing a NW1 hairline leading to the HT potentially being detectable, because in nature it is rare that you see these broad hairlines with HT type density. Usually the broad hairlines in nature have absurdly good density because the person has no MPB gene whatsoever, and hence never lost a single hair. But there are PLENTY of NW2s running around that have experienced some mild thinning and have less than perfect hair.

I'm actually glad we're discussing this because now that I have gone thru with this I can see (on my own head) how the true genius of a great HT doc is to recreate something on your head that occurs in nature, so that nobody pays attention to your hair or even gives it a second glance. In my case it's a mature hairline that both fits my age or a younger guy who is thinning some in the front -- so it's a win win situation compared to where I was.

The single most important issue for me from the start was always the issue of detectability by laymen in the general public under general everyday conditions; I don't want to be thought of or known as the "guy who had the HT". And it's nice to know that I still have maybe half of my total grafts left in the bank in case of that rainy day.

Now a "touch up" to maybe make the hairline even softer and the scar 1mm all the way around ? That seems like a much more realistic possibility at the moment.

What about the scar pal have you missed my post above.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

...The other is that at 41 I see there being the potential of pursuing a NW1 hairline leading to the HT potentially being detectable, because in nature it is rare that you see these broad hairlines with HT type density. Usually the broad hairlines in nature have absurdly good density because the person has no MPB gene whatsoever, and hence never lost a single hair. But there are PLENTY of NW2s running around that have experienced some mild thinning and have less than perfect hair.

I'm actually glad we're discussing this because now that I have gone thru with this I can see (on my own head) how the true genius of a great HT doc is to recreate something on your head that occurs in nature, so that nobody pays attention to your hair or even gives it a second glance. In my case it's a mature hairline that both fits my age or a younger guy who is thinning some in the front -- so it's a win win situation compared to where I was.

The single most important issue for me from the start was always the issue of detectability by laymen in the general public under general everyday conditions; I don't want to be thought of or known as the "guy who had the HT". And it's nice to know that I still have maybe half of my total grafts left in the bank in case of that rainy day....

well said. i couldn't agree more!

That's strange epileptic i would of thought shockloss to completely have grown back my now ar you sure it's shockloss?

Also i'm on week 3 and i can clearly see hair groing through the scar joining line is that common did you get this so early on, i couldn't believe it when i saw it this tricho closure is astoninishing or it could be just me getting very lucky. I do have a fair bit of shockloss under the scar joining line did you get that?

bonker,

I had 4496 FUs removed via a strip that was 30cm long and 2.5 cm wide in some places; so I feel highly fortunate that the scar width is 1-2 mm pretty much all the way around.

But it is not indeed perfect, nor did I expect it to be. At 3 weeks you really can't know for sure how it will turn out. I remember thinking mine looked near invisible when the stapes came out; but down the line that wasn't the case.

Like I said, there are 2 areas that concern me a bit; they are not bad by any stretch of the imagination, but they do prevent me from sporting a #3 buzz with complete confidence that the scar cannot be detected.

I'm pretty sure the area at the end of the scar on the left side suffered some minor permanent shockloss of hair above the scar line. It's just sort of bald looking when buzzed down to a #3. And then there's an area ( 2" long) slightly to the right of the center of the rear of my head that seems to have the same look about it. I am not sure if it's permanent shockloss or just that the scar stretched a bit there. The rest of the scar is 1mm with hair growing thru it and lots of healthy hair directly above and below, completely undetectable; and so when you compare it to the less perfect areas you tend to get "scar revision greed" and fantasize about all of it looking that perfect -- and then you would essentially be in the rare club of having the perfect HT !!

TBH none of this really bothers me a bit unless I wanted to sport a #2/3 buzz.