Artifical Hair Repair/Dr. Wong/6121 Grafts/ 1 Year Post-Op

This patient previously had artificial hair fibers transplanted into the frontal half of his scalp with the hopes of having a restored appearance for his hair loss. As is common the result was an unnatural appearance and massive scarring. In the before photos you can see the amount of scarring appears as a "helmet" in the exposed recipient area. The patient traveled from Italy to have two repair sessions with Dr. Wong for the results you see below.

541107974_E9E1B5745987C4E45600CBDAB4D6804C.JPG

641107974_4A5BF8A7B1222C6EC9174F4DC60A35AB.JPG

741107974_A0F3C6CB23B9D11621C36831863001F3.JPG

841107974_7D45C99417CDF899B4139E3D48D95D77.JPG

941107974_60020C2B53E10A1CBE2802E3FD91BCF1.JPG

151107974_FF35DC9AD47E7C375D4BEE9FA7445BFE.JPG

251107974_100ACAE65A81F81807C873CDCC3B5822.JPG

351107974_8C2DAC0EB80B10A5AC22A547412CD3C2.JPG

441107974_B1B5986281B180C77350AA2B46528763.JPG

451107974_395846D18E70F1ED1920D17BE6768EC5.JPG

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

H&W, along with SMG (almost) are the only two clinics that are documenting results on a weekly basis. And I believe H&W is the only clinic with high def videos of their patients.

Most other clinics couldn't produce a result near this and would blame it on the scar tissue.

This is a great result. Keep up the good work Joe, knowing I'm going to see a new result every week from H&W is very much appreciated.

Outstanding transformation!

Not many physicians or clinics would dare to fix this guy's hair. You can easily see the scar tissue which would certainly be a reason for many clinics not wanting to help him out.

I bet he's finally continuing his life the way before his hairloss (and artificial ht).

I bet that this guy or many others who were in his situation were suicidal. At the risk of sounding overly sentimental, I must say that clinics like H&W are not just improving lives but saving them. This is simply an amazing result. Life changing, I'm sure.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Agree with all of the other posters. Great result. Impressive from H&W as usual. You seem to take on some very difficult situations where the odds are not as good as you would perhaps like, but then deliver amazing results. I dont think that I have ever read/heard of any negative reviews regarding H&W!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Great transformation. This patient can move on with life. Kudos to Dr. Wong and his team.

Joe,

Great pictures, great result, vary happy patient-that hairline is incredibly soft...Any upcoming HD videos of this result in the future?

In addition,how did you guys know that hair would grow in the scarred areas??? Can you give us some color on your clinics thought process concerning this case??? By the way, what was his donor density, strip length & width?

What is surprising to me is that other well respected clinincs on this forum have had negative results with much less scarring, but somehow, you guys knocked it out of the park for this patient...

As another poster stated earlier, your clininc is one of the very few clinics in the world that consistently help people have a better quality of life. I don't mean to sound so corny, but this surgical procedure is game changer in this mans life...

Thanks,

Originally posted by hdude46:

H&W, along with SMG (almost) are the only two clinics that are documenting results on a weekly basis. And I believe H&W is the only clinic with high def videos of their patients.

Most other clinics couldn't produce a result near this and would blame it on the scar tissue.

This is a great result. Keep up the good work Joe, knowing I'm going to see a new result every week from H&W is very much appreciated.

hdude46,

I totally agree, that is an amazing result.

Jotronic,

Do you guys offer the same growth guarantee if the area is scarred from previous surgeries?

Fantastic results Joe, especially considering all of the scar tissue that was in that area to begin with. Did you consider doing a test sample first given the scar tissue that was in the area, or did you know that by following your typical process the results would be as expected? I'm just curious.

Anyway, this is truly life-changing for this patient and I commend you and your team for taking this case and presenting the results.

I'm so happy that this patient is now at point they can wear their own hair without any "aids"!

M&M

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

Huge WOW factor with this case. Excellent. Sometimes, I don't even understand how Hasson/Wong do strip procedures so consistently well. Amazing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

M&M,

Even given the challenges presented in this case, with his previous experience transplanting in scar tissue,

Dr. Wong was confident he and his team could produce a favorable result without the need for a test patch.

You are right,for this patient,his two procedures with Dr. Wong were truly life-changing.

For more from Dr. Wong about this case and transplanting into scar tissue, see the following video:

Dr. Wong's thoughts on this case

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

Jo, or Doug,

Re: scar tissue. You mention Dr. Wong's experience grafting into scar tissue. Do you mean, specifically, a certain feel/tecnique that Dr. Wong has developed, and/or that he simply evaluates the scar tissue that is to be operated on, and just knows whether it's a go or no-go based off the severity, or is scar tissue for the most part scar tissue, and Dr. Wong feels OK grafting into it in cases as damaged as this one, and, of course, ones better off.

Spectacular transformation, either way.

EDIT -- just saw the video link above

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!