First PRP treatment in New York-Dr. Alan Feller

Hi spex, I may be interested too! Can you give us an idea of how many hours this doc has been trained to implement this procedure, because i believe technique is crucial to the success.

Additionally, I may just wait to see more results, as although the pics do indicate an improvement, the guys in them do not have a great level of balding in the first place!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Folks,

I have been a long time member on HLH, and figured I would give this a try as well..

I have been keeping tabs on PRP, and so far it seems very exciting!

I personally am not looking to it for any type of re growth, however..

If it maintains current hair with no sides, and thickens existing hair, with only 1 procedure every 6 months..

This will be a HUUGE leap in the hair industry!

Good luck to everyone who has under gone the procedure and please keep us posted icon_smile.gif

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

2nd HT with Feller 2/08, 3000+ to my front third.

Originally posted by Davis:

I personally am not looking to it for any type of re growth, however..

If it maintains current hair with no sides, and thickens existing hair, with only 1 procedure every 6 months..

This will be a HUUGE leap in the hair industry!

Same here. However, I think the ideal guinea pig to use if you wanted to prove cosmetic improvement with photographs would be a patient who keeps his hair closely cropped.

The problem with guys who have mild to moderate thinning and average length haircuts is that the balding areas aren't always fully exposed, and therefore progress in the area won't always be as obvious. Even a conventional, short haircut can be styled differently.

But take a guy with MPB who buzzes his head with a #3 or #4 guard on the clippers, and there is no obscuring the miniaturized areas; the proof would be indisputable. I would volunteer but I'm saving my money for FUE. icon_wink.gif

-------

All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my My Hair Loss Website

I am having some crown work done with Feller in Sept..

I am going to see if I can have PRP done when I go back in after 2 weeks to have the staples removed.

First transplant with karamikian 6/05, less than 1000 to my hairline, result was mediocre at best.

Hi Dr.Feller ,

We would like to hear from You , the treatment options that are available in UK.. You are providing directly or through your trained surgeons.. Please advice us..

Hi Spex,

How can we contact You to get an appointment for a PRP Treatment.. Also , will there be any consideration to reduce the costs since it is too high..

Hello everyone,

Josimar's antagonistic posts have been removed and his posting privileges suspended due to a blatant violation of our terms of service that clearly states:

"You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this software service to post any material which is of a commercial or promotional nature, knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB."

Though this alias is brand new to this forum, clearly he/she is not new to picking fights on the hair loss forums. Thus, this member has been suspended. Had he shared his opinion respectfully without resorting to personal insults and attempts to discredit a good surgeon's name, he would have been allowed to post here.

On a personal note, members need to realize that as publishers, we advocate and attempt to nurture an educational and supporting environment here. Those in direct violation with our terms of use that are designed to preserve these objectives will no longer be allowed to post on this community.

Best regards,

Bill

Dr. Feller,

3 quickies for you:

how does one go about scheduling an appointment, especially an out of town patient who would probably have to fly in and leave the same day?

also, when do u think you will have a solid sample size of photos to see if this really works. it seems like it would work best on patients who haven't experienced a great deal of loss yet.

i also remember you saying something along the lines of the way it used/applied falls a little short, or something to that effect. do you think that this is something you can work on/solve in the future? benefits on the frequency of more treatments would be interesting too.

thanks again dr feller.

1. Send your photos to info@fellermedical.com before you do anthing. Show the hair dry and wet from the top.

2. Then give us a follow up call at 516-487-3797 to find out if you are a candidate based on the photos you sent. At that time you will be given an appointment. We've already had several patients travel from other states and it has run pretty smoothly so far. The entire procedure takes less than a half hour.

Some of the technology was missing from the original disclosure, but has since been addressed. There are still more advances to be made with PRP as with any new technology and they are being addressed as well.

I don't know when we'll have a solid sample size of photos, it's a pretty big population out there, but I've seen enough to believe that there is now no question that PRP offers cosmetically significant benefits. My only concern is how long will these benefits last and how great can these benefits become by improving PRP. Like hair transplants only time will tell.

Dr. F

Dr Feller,

I have read a lot of what you have written in the past and you speak the truth and don't BS.

I just want to say thanks for progressing this PRP.

Its advances like this that help make the future rosier for us.

BTW, have you done prp yourself?

Josimar (aka OMG) is a guy that makes and sells laser hair crap in his basement and talks it up on a forum that focuses on natural cures.

OMG - Here's a great link discussing the lack of success your lasers have had.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairlo...read.cfm?f=1&t=24311

Had 3k With Umar on Feb 16, 2009

My Hair Loss Website

This is just a quick link for anyone that's interested. It's to a forum where Joe Greco is answering peoples questions about PRP:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=833

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

dr feller...sorry for bombarding you with all these questions, appreciate that you have answered all of them! on more for ya...is there anyway to get the entire top of the head with prp w/o diluting it by coming in on back to back days? or would that be a waste of time and money at this point?

Dr. Feller or Spex,

Is Dr. Alexander one of the surgeons that will be learning this new procedure?

If I recall he had received training from you in the past and he practices right up the road from me.

Originally posted by Abedogg:

Josimar (aka OMG) is a guy that makes and sells laser hair crap in his basement and talks it up on a forum that focuses on natural cures.

OMG - Here's a great link discussing the lack of success your lasers have had.

http://www.regrowth.com/hairlo...read.cfm?f=1&t=24311

At least we can agree on this forum hehe

In my short conversation with Dr. Feller "thru messaging" he stated that PRP seems to work best on the healthiest hairs and I was led to believe "he didnt say for sure" that only people at the beginning of miniaturzation would have noticable results! Bummed me out a little to tell you the truth but I thanked him for being up front and honest. I have attached a picture of my hairloss to date and I "thought I was a perfect candidate being a diffuse thinner and all but Dr. F tells me Im to advanced. Feel free to take a look at my pic and compare to you guys out there.

kitchen_005.thumb.JPG.26d5a6294383b41fe32cee1b46ebe8f7.JPG

Only the healthiest hairs?

Arent they already healthy .

What more could they become Mega healthy icon_rolleyes.gif

I wouldnt waste my money on this if I was any of you guys out there.

One reason this forum is here is to try and protect people, so I would advise anyone reading this to let other guinea pigs go first.

If theres anything to this we will start seeing real results in 6 months or less.

The handful of doctors Ive emailed do not seem to think there is any hope but didnt totally dismiss it

Hopefully there is but unless you have money to throw around I would stay clear at this time

Dakota, Dr. Feller said you weren't a good candidate? My hair loss is similar to yours. Can you elaborate a litle bit on your conversaion with Dr. Feller?

And Dr. Feller could you explain why PRP would only be successful in those with less miniaturizaion? I understand that those with less miniaturization will show greater results, but why wouldn't it help in all cases?