Who Had The Best Hair Transplant of 2023

Melvin- Admin

No doubt all of the people mentioned here have great looking results. 

When I think of most incredible TRANSFORMATION tho, I immediately think of @Gatsby.  I just dont know if I saw anyone else with as difficult of a starting point.  He had some serious obstacles to overcome, and his hair actually looks fantastic now.

@mtb and @Bandit90 as my runners up.

Edited by Capelli21
Add content
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor

Wow this is tough.🤔 I'm actually a fan for curly hair 🤩and I would say that @Capelli21 would probably be the most impressive regardless of any Norwood scale. If the twelve month surgical finish falls into this year and pips the post then definitely @Zoomster, @MazAB and @Bandit90 are there for sure. I'll go back and have a look through this year's results as there have been some incredibly 'natural bar none' heads of hair that definitely are candidates for the 2023 'Babes are Back' award! 🏆

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

I agree with some statements. Let’s do a best overall transformation award, and the best hairline award 🥇 so two categories. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Moderators

I love @captaincalico's hair line.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

On 12/15/2023 at 6:20 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

Like the title says, nominate a member you feel had the best results of the year. After we have the nominations, I’ll create another thread to have an official ballot. 

The winner will get featured in our last newsletter of the year, plus a special prize from our community. 

Ok, but it means that we nominate members that had procedure in 2023 or what makes more sense to me, they hit 6-12 months mark after procedure in 2023. So basically we can nominate somebody who had procedure in 2022, but in 2023 we saw great effect. 

• Like 1

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Chrisno said:

I'm nominating @Kent for best hairline of 2023.

Fantastic hairline 🤩 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, GeneralNorwood said:

Ok, but it means that we nominate members that had procedure in 2023 or what makes more sense to me, they hit 6-12 months mark after procedure in 2023. So basically we can nominate somebody who had procedure in 2022, but in 2023 we saw great effect. 

They hit 6-12 months in 2023.

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, O-Myles59 said:

not sure if this guy is a member of the forum as I’m new to this space but this transformation is mental. He looks 20 years younger 

IMG_0068.jpeg.639cfcb7dc9154be79526426e02509ee.jpegIMG_0070.thumb.jpeg.9e52485a796740c8c92d994df876f77b.jpeg

Let me ask @DrMunibAhmad
He went from “where’s my hug” to “whose this” lol

• Haha 4

View my thread

10 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Let me ask @DrMunibAhmad
He went from “where’s my hug” to “whose this” lol

He's not a member. But I do think this case has it all. From granddad wih dead hair, to a young guy with a perfect transplant. It's undetectable, the one who can find any sign hit me up 

This is him: 

Edited by DrMunibAhmad
  • Like 2
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators
8 hours ago, HairOnMyHead said:

@Melvin- Admin I would like to nominate myself.

Looks great, can you post an update 🙏

View my thread

On 12/15/2023 at 3:00 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

You cannot compare a Norwood 2 1,500 graft session to a Norwood 7 13,000 graft session. The Norwood 2 can be executed flawlessly. But they're miles apart if we're looking at it from a technical perspective. In addition, the Norwood 2 would have some aesthetic improvement, but it probably won't make a huge difference in their day-to-day appearance. 

The criteria should be based on who had the most significant aesthetic impact. At the same time, we should also examine the artistic and technical aspects.

Kind of like there is weight classes in UFC or boxing, we should have Norwood classes. A Norwood 6 shouldn’t have to go up against a Norwood 3. You can have awards for each Norwood class. 

I had not seen @Jamos1982 and @A_4_Archan results before but I think they both look amazing. @mtb and @Capelli21 are stand out cases for me and shows what great hair characteristics and top surgeons can do as they both look like they never had hair loss, and then on the side of miracles if we are sticking with 2023 then @Gatsby and @Bandit90 are up there as they both had massive up hill battles, especially Gatsby, its unreal to think of his starting point

• Like 2

• Administrators

I’ll be posting the poll thread tomorrow with the candidates.

View my thread

• Administrators
On 12/25/2023 at 11:54 PM, Sunset Dune said:

I don’t think we should have threads like this in the forum, it is very sensitive for members. 

Why? I think it’s a good thing. Im not voting worst HT of the year. Obviously, everyone can nominate someone here, and the community will vote. What would make someone feel sensitive about this?

• Like 1

View my thread

6 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Why? I think it’s a good thing. Im not voting worst HT of the year. Obviously, everyone can nominate someone here, and the community will vote. What would make someone feel sensitive about this?

I understand his reasoning, It makes me think that i would be rather in "the worst HT of the year" then "the best HT of the year". However i am not so sensitive, so for me this is not a reason to be against of "the best HT" poll. 

Being the best is always inspiring for other people and leads to development. So i think yearly presenting best results nominated and voted by members will show what is currenly possible in HT world. Reading stories of nominated/awarded members will be beneficial for the newcomers.