2704 grafts, hairline reconstruction + mid scalp @ Eugenix with Dr. Das, 2023

ThePJ

Do you mind taking a pic with your hair slicked back using product or with your hand holding your hair back? Curious to see how it looks slicked back. Pictures are often very hard to judge from 

27 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Do you mind taking a pic with your hair slicked back using product or with your hand holding your hair back? Curious to see how it looks slicked back. Pictures are often very hard to judge from 

I highly doubt I’ll be able to slick my hair back very well when it’s this short without it sticking straight up in the air, but I can certainly try tonight when I’m off work and such if I remember.

Just now, ThePJ said:

I highly doubt I’ll be able to slick my hair back very well when it’s this short without it sticking straight up in the air, but I can certainly try tonight when I’m off work and such if I remember.

I think you could even look back a month or two on some of those pictures because not a lot has changed other than length.

2 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_9845.jpeg

• Administrators

Hard to compare cause its not the same angle, but here it looks decent. But perhaps a little more density is necessary. 
11A22FFD-80E1-4BDB-A6F3-03F77CEBB3CA.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

51 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Hard to compare cause its not the same angle, but here it looks decent. But perhaps a little more density is necessary. 
11A22FFD-80E1-4BDB-A6F3-03F77CEBB3CA.jpeg

Thanks for the comparison Melvin.  I’m pretty ok with how things look in the mid scalp area.  I think some density in the hairline would do a world of difference. But!  I’ll keep posting til 12 months and beyond and let everyone know the process that goes along with this when/if the desired results aren’t achieved.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ThePJ said:

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_9845.jpeg

I think with shorter hair your result looking much better. I've just completed month 9. My last haircut was at 7.5 month mark. When I'm growing my hair longer,  there's see through on the left portion of my hairline. I asked Eugenix about this. They told me that it'll improve. And I know I need to wait few more months for the final result. I'm also thinking after completing month 12, whether should I go for any touch up or not. 

18 hours ago, ThePJ said:

IMG_9847.jpeg

IMG_9848.jpeg

IMG_9846.jpeg

IMG_9845.jpeg

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but overall I'd give this result a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10. It isn't terrible, you weren't botched, but it wasn't a great result either. Given how aggressive the design was I would've expected a bit more of an aesthetic improvement. Maybe 2700 grafts was too few for the area you covered (Which if true, is on Eugenix not you). Maybe you didn't get good survival rates which led to subpar density. Maybe it's a combination of both. 

For guys like us who are nw2/nw3 in the hairline area, HT's are tricky. It's hard to get a serious aesthetic improvement while still setting yourself up to look natural 30 years from now as balding continues. But like I said given how aggressive the design was I think it's fair to be a little less than over the moon about the result. 

Again just my honest opinion, hopefully I'm not being overly blunt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

I hope you don't mind me saying this, but overall I'd give this result a 5/10 or maybe a 6/10. It isn't terrible, you weren't botched, but it wasn't a great result either. Given how aggressive the design was I would've expected a bit more of an aesthetic improvement. Maybe 2700 grafts was too few for the area you covered (Which if true, is on Eugenix not you). Maybe you didn't get good survival rates which led to subpar density. Maybe it's a combination of both. 

For guys like us who are nw2/nw3 in the hairline area, HT's are tricky. It's hard to get a serious aesthetic improvement while still setting yourself up to look natural 30 years from now as balding continues. But like I said given how aggressive the design was I think it's fair to be a little less than over the moon about the result. 

Again just my honest opinion, hopefully I'm not being overly blunt. 

Certainly doesn’t bother me and I pretty much agree.  If I didn’t have thick skin I wouldn’t be on here haha.  I want everyone to see the whole process so that they can make an informed decision.

• Like 2
  • Well Done 1

On 3/7/2024 at 10:52 PM, ThePJ said:

The left temple is poorly reconstructed. 

really lacks density and you had such a good platform to have this done in one sitting. 

IMG_9845.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Happy April everyone.  

Month 11 is here.  Not much change, I’m basically done.  I’m pretty happy with the short look, but still feel I could use some density in the hairline.  Not much to report!  Hope you are all doing well.

IMG_0038.jpeg

IMG_0036.jpeg

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

IMG_0032.jpeg

IMG_0031.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

Month 12 is finally here.  I haven’t seen much change since month 6.  Things look pretty good if I do my hair, but I have to sweep it off to the side (which I violently wanted to avoid).  So here are some pics when it’s combed, and when I wake up under a very harsh light.  Still very thin in the hairline, I’ll talk to Eugenix and see what my options are and let you all know what transpires from our correspondence, so that if this happens to you, you can know what to expect.  Take care everyone !

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

So I’m pasting the reply sent from a Eugenix representative to my concerns.  Pretty unimpressed so far that I’ve gotten basically “yah, it’s ok bud, don’t get your hair wet” response.  I’ll send my response to that message and all that follows.

Hello Sir,

Greetings of the day,

Thank you for sharing your scalp images sir, as per the doctor's evaluation it is looking fine, your hair growth is good and healthy.
Please keep taking finasteride and have a healthy diet.

when your hair is wet or oily, it may appear sparse. Kindly keep your hair dry, and it will look fine."

So, I’m a bit irritated, but going to wait for the next response.  Take care everyone.

19 hours ago, ThePJ said:

Hello everyone.

Month 12 is finally here.  I haven’t seen much change since month 6.  Things look pretty good if I do my hair, but I have to sweep it off to the side (which I violently wanted to avoid).  So here are some pics when it’s combed, and when I wake up under a very harsh light.  Still very thin in the hairline, I’ll talk to Eugenix and see what my options are and let you all know what transpires from our correspondence, so that if this happens to you, you can know what to expect.  Take care everyone !

IMG_0212.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

Your hair line and mid scalp look very natural in these pictures. 

The pictures which you have shared are close up shots, I bet your hair looks great from distance. 

Yes things can improve if you really want to, a minor touch up can give you desire density but I wont pull the trigger immediately. 

4 hours ago, ThePJ said:

So I’m pasting the reply sent from a Eugenix representative to my concerns.  Pretty unimpressed so far that I’ve gotten basically “yah, it’s ok bud, don’t get your hair wet” response.  I’ll send my response to that message and all that follows.

Hello Sir,

Greetings of the day,

Thank you for sharing your scalp images sir, as per the doctor's evaluation it is looking fine, your hair growth is good and healthy.
Please keep taking finasteride and have a healthy diet.

when your hair is wet or oily, it may appear sparse. Kindly keep your hair dry, and it will look fine."

So, I’m a bit irritated, but going to wait for the next response.  Take care everyone.

This looks like an automated response. 

Anyways do keep us updated 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:35 AM, Rawkerboi said:

Your hair line and mid scalp look very natural in these pictures. 

The pictures which you have shared are close up shots, I bet your hair looks great from distance. 

Yes things can improve if you really want to, a minor touch up can give you desire density but I wont pull the trigger immediately. 

I also find it's very good all things considered. There's always the issue of lighting, good hair day-bad hair day, length... It looks great in my opinion. Nobody notices these things except for us, the people experts in transplants:)

• Like 1

I think it looks pretty good on you PJ although clearly there is some quite sparse areas…. IMHO I consider Eugenix an advanced hairmill and they tend to go overly aggressive and the density is often subpar which we have seen quite a lot lately here. If I were you, and you want a few areas improved density-wise, I would look elsewhere. 

all the best

@ThePJ overall looks good, but few areas can be improved if you want to. In my case, I'm also concerned about one particular area currently I'm at 11 month mark, after a month I'll think about what can be done to improve that area.

On 5/6/2024 at 12:28 AM, donpizmeov said:

I think it looks pretty good on you PJ although clearly there is some quite sparse areas…. IMHO I consider Eugenix an advanced hairmill and they tend to go overly aggressive and the density is often subpar which we have seen quite a lot lately here. If I were you, and you want a few areas improved density-wise, I would look elsewhere. 

all the best

Well I do agree that Eugenix have turned into advanced Hair Mill but in most of the cases they tend to go conservative during first HT.

May be I am wrong but that's what I have seen.

On 5/14/2023 at 5:35 PM, ThePJ said:

1:  This man's english was very poor, he was not able to understand any of my questions and this felt sketchy getting into a car with him even though I had confirmed he was my ride.

2:  I did not know the entire country of India ignored what western society consider good driving habits.  Lines on the road might as well not be there for all the good they do, they are ignored by every single person driving.  Signaling a lane change does not happen, because no lane really exists.  Speed limits are ignored utterly, people cut you off left right and center, and the sound of a horn is heard every two seconds as someone is cutting someone else off immediatly after they themselves just did the same in kind.  It is chaos on a scale I was not prepared for and had me more nervous than the 16 hour flight I had just gotten off of.

3: The air quality was so poor that it burned my lungs to breathe if I was outside for any length of time.  I'd heard through the grapevine that the air was not so good over there, but it was shocking just how bad it was at certain times of day.

No-one commented on these points you made but I thought I should add some context for anyone considering going to another Country for a hair transplant.

Put simply: The culture shock is real, and no-one ever talks about it. Because no-one ever talks about it, it catches you off guard. To be clear, this is NOT the clinics fault, it’s just the way things are done in a different culture.

I think people should talk about this more because it will set expectations for others who go.

Here are a few of my culture shock moments

- As you mentioned, the driving in India is much different than America. Drivers would be arrested if they drove in the USA like they drive in Delhi. To be honest, I started to like it - it was like being on a roller coaster. Kind of fun!

- The Delhi airport staff (especially immigrations) does not care about you. They will talk with their friends and laugh and have a good time instead of helping while you stand there. Finally they will get around to helping you, but not without stopping half a dozen times to talk more with their friends and laugh some more while they’re helping you. I learned on the India reddit forum that this is common and just the way it is. 

- Like you, my hotel driver also spoke no English. I think a 5 star hotel that has international customers should have drivers that speak some other languages so as to put their customers at ease. But that’s just my opinion. 

- This last point is not a criticism of Eugenix, but rather just a difference in culture I think. In the USA, if you go for a surgery, you are guided through the process from the moment you walk in the door and made to feel comfortable before they ever leave you alone.

For example, in the USA, when you are taken from the reception area on the first day, a nurse or patient-care tech will greet you in reception with a smile on their face, and they will explain everything that is going to happen. For example, they would say; “Welcome to Dr. X’s office! We are so happy that you are joining us today. Before I take you over to the operating center, I want to give you a quick rundown of everything that will be happening today. First, we will bring you to a pre-operating room so we can take your vitals and get a few pictures taken. Then the doctor will speak with you and draw your new hair line. With your permission of the new hair line, we will then shave your hair and wash it. Finally, we will bring you to the operating room.” That is what Americans are used to and it puts your mind at ease. This person who informs you of everything becomes your friend, or point of contact, for your time there.

In India, it’s a bit different. After sitting in reception, someone who doesn’t know English (a tech) comes to reception and motions for you to follow them. No words are spoken, so you are a bit confused what is happening. But then you follow him to a room, and they tell you to sit down, and then they close the door. So then you’re just sitting in that room for 10 or 15 minutes wondering what is going on. This is a bit nerve wracking when you’re in a different culture. Then a nurse comes in and tells you she is going to do some tests, etc, and it all unfolds.

It’s just a very different process, but if you know it’s going to happen beforehand, then you will be comfortable with it. Now that I know the process, I will be fine with it when I go back for a second transplant (if needed). But it is definitely a bit of a culture shock which is why it’s a good reason to talk about it so others know what to expect.

Edited by Buffaloboy