2704 grafts, hairline reconstruction + mid scalp @ Eugenix with Dr. Das, 2023

ThePJ

Hello Everyone,

Doing about 3ish days early for month 8.  Mildly concerned my left temproal region is fairly thin still in comparision to the right side, but going to try remain optimistic as there are still 4 months left.  First pictures are pre hair cut during the day, final ones are the first haircut I've had done in about 2 and a half years by a professional!  Yikes.

IMG_9532.jpg

IMG_9533.jpg

IMG_9534.jpg

IMG_9536.jpg

IMG_9538.jpg

IMG_9540.jpg

IMG_9541.jpg

IMG_9542.jpg

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9544.jpg

2 hours ago, Gatsby said:

That’s a massive head of hair @ThePJ you’ve got. Also the beard suits you well. I’d still expect more improvement to come. Thanks for the update! 

I always appreciate your optimism @Gatsby, I sure appreciate it my man.  All the best!

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

Massive difference already. I think there’s still room for the hair to mature and thicken in the next few months. 

029321BD-BA1B-4662-AD0C-D11934D811F0.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Admin said:

Massive difference already. I think there’s still room for the hair to mature and thicken in the next few months. 

029321BD-BA1B-4662-AD0C-D11934D811F0.jpeg

Holy smokes.  When you do those side by sides it’s sure noticeable.  That picture on the left is 10 years older than the one on the right hahaha.  Thanks Melvin!

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, ThePJ said:

Holy smokes.  When you do those side by sides it’s sure noticeable.  That picture on the left is 10 years older than the one on the right hahaha.  Thanks Melvin!

What?!?? You look 10 years younger. That’s crazy. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Month 9 is here.  Unquestionably a massive improvement from before the surgery.  I’m getting a little worried now that I’m nearing the end that the left temporal region is as thin as it is, right side feels and looks thick.  Growing hair out for you all to see and then going for a normal haircut around month 13 or 14.

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9714.jpeg

On 2/3/2024 at 10:53 PM, ThePJ said:

Hello everyone,

Month 9 is here.  Unquestionably a massive improvement from before the surgery.  I’m getting a little worried now that I’m nearing the end that the left temporal region is as thin as it is, right side feels and looks thick.  Growing hair out for you all to see and then going for a normal haircut around month 13 or 14.

IMG_9715.jpeg

IMG_9714.jpeg

What product did you use for styling ? 

4 hours ago, Haris said:

What product did you use for styling ? 

I use about a drop the size of a pea called American Crew.  Just smooth back my hair with water and put some of that in and let it dry naturally and run a brush through it.

• Administrators

Looks Fantastic 👏🏼

View my thread

2 hours ago, Shadman said:

With proper styling you’re looking great. In my case also, there is see through under certain conditions. 

Thanks brother.  A little disappointed with the see through aspects of it, but waiting until 12 months before I make my final judgement.  I can’t imagine it’s going to change much, but one can hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThePJ said:

Thanks brother.  A little disappointed with the see through aspects of it, but waiting until 12 months before I make my final judgement.  I can’t imagine it’s going to change much, but one can hope.

A little disappointed !? It's a 9.5 out of 10 result! The lighting on your pictures is harsh and does not do your hair justice, it's almost picture perfect!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ThePJ said:

Totally agree with you at this stage. 

I hope it can fill out in the coming months and put your mind at rest on it! 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Month 10 is here.  Hair is still quite thin, doubt I’ll see much change in the coming two months, but who knows!  Happy growing.

IMG_9834.jpeg

IMG_9833.jpeg

IMG_9832.jpeg

IMG_9831.jpeg

Definite improvement, but hairline does look a bit thin and SLIGHTLY pluggy. Nothing a 2nd pass wouldn't easily fix if you wanted to go that route, but I don't think a 2nd pass is 100% necessary either. 

12 minutes ago, GoliGoliGoli said:

Definite improvement, but hairline does look a bit thin and SLIGHTLY pluggy. Nothing a 2nd pass wouldn't easily fix if you wanted to go that route, but I don't think a 2nd pass is 100% necessary either. 

I pretty much agree with your statement, “a little pluggy” is a good way of describing how things look.  Not ideally an outcome one would aspire for, so I’ll have a talk with Eugenix at the 12 month mark and see what my options are.

• Administrators

I don't see where it looks pluggy. I think it looks pretty soft and natural. But you probably could use a little more density IMO.

View my thread

2 hours ago, Melvin- Admin said:

I don't see where it looks pluggy. I think it looks pretty soft and natural. But you probably could use a little more density IMO.

I’ll get in talks with Eugenix and just see what can be done and such.  I do appreciate the honesty and I’m glad I’ve been able to share the results with everyone.

• Like 3

*quick update*

Nothing terribly exciting.  When I contacted Eugenix they asked that I wait the full 12 months before they wish to decide on anything.  Basically what I expected, so while that felt mildly disappointing, it’s no biggy and I get it.  Talk to you all next month fellas.

Couldn’t do the long hair anymore, just looked absolutely brutal.  So here is short hair.  I’m able to show off the left side a little better now.  Keep in mind I also have a thickening agent in my hair right now.

IMG_9839.jpeg

IMG_9838.jpeg