2704 grafts, hairline reconstruction + mid scalp @ Eugenix with Dr. Das, 2023

ThePJ

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul, and I am going to head to Eugnenix in April 2023.  I'd like to go over my journey and explain how I chose them, etc.  

I had an FUT hair transplant close to 10 years ago done by PAI Medical Group in Regina Saskatchewan (Canada) with Dr. Gerbrands.  I went with them due to how close it was, and did not do much research into them at all, purely chose them due to how close to home it was, this was stupid, "not a great plan" as Iron Man would say.  The surgery cost roughly $10,000.00 CAD and was, in my opinion, a waste of my time, donor hair and money. The graft placement had poor density and placement.  The grafts were placed in such a fashion as to part them down the middle, giving an unrealistic and unatural look, as well as giving me a giant scar (which I'd have been fine with if the transplant had looked good, now it is a mark of shame).  I was treated well during the procedure, but I never once heard from the clinic afterwords to see how I was healing, how their work looked, no "Hi", "Bye", nothing.  Brutal.  My hair started to look worse and worse as the years went on and I was having sexual side effects from finasteride, completely killing my sex drive and obviously upsetting my wife, so I went off of it.  

I decided I wanted to try another clinic and to get back on finasteride.  I did get on finasteride and lowered the dosage and have been on it for close to two years.  I was now taking 1mg every other day instead of every single day, and this helped 100% with the side effects.  Then the pandemic happened and the world was on lockdown, and it gave me time to do much more research. 

I tried to get in contact with Dr. Bruno Ferreira, after seeing the incredible results from Mr. Rolandas, but that was two years ago, and I never heard back from them after they stated they were incredibly busy, despite getting ahold of them 3 seperate times.  Moved along. 

I then was in talks with Dr. Ozlem Bicer, and her and I spoke on WhatsApp a few times.  She felt I did not need a hair transplant, that my hair was good enough, and at most she would only do 1000 grafts and was hesitant to do even do that.  I disagreed, we wished each other well and once again I moved on. 

I then looked at Vera Clinic. The price was right, the consultant was very accommodating and responded quickly to my questions, at most this would have cost me $4000.00 CAD, including the flight.  I thought, man this place looks great, and maybe it is.  But I could NOT find consistent of believable results, I found far too many fake accounts or forums salivating for this place but couldn't verify much of it, it looked too fake.  This made me gun shy with them so I looked elsewhere. 

I looked into Hasson & Wong, and thought, man, it's pretty close to home, just a quick flight.  The results were incredible with these guys and they came highly recommended on this forum and elsewhere.  I had a few WhatsApp calls with Dr. Wong and thought, man, this is the guy.  But holy snap, the price to do the transplant with him is close to $17,000.00 CAD and was FUT, which I am not too interested in.  If I chose to go FUE with Hasson & Wong it would cost $32,000.00 for what he recommended.  That was not in my price range with a new baby and budget, so once again, I had to move on, which was quite dissapointing in this case.

I also spoke with Dr. Yaman, but did not jive well with his consultant through correspondence for some reason, can't even recall why, no blame or anything here, just didn't have a good feeling.  Moved on.

I then got a hold of Eugenix, with one of their consultants, Rishab.  This guy was great, answered my questions pretty fast, despite our crazy time difference, and was very thorough in his replies, some were copy pasted, but I bet he gets those questions a million times a day I'd imagine.  By Eugnenixs estimation, I'd need about 1800 to 2200 grafts in the temple and hairline (I suspect I will need more in the crown/center of my head, but this is what they felt was appropriate by going over pictures and would determine mid scalp when they saw me).  I then wanted a WhatsApp consultation as well, and had a very pleasant conversation with Dr. Priyadarshani, who answered my questions and allayed some of my fears of going through a second surgery.  I think this was going to cost me roughly $6000.00 (estimating the inclusion of the cost of the flight here) by going with the "exclusive" package, which I will copy/paste here:

Exclusive Package*

*Procedure Lead By – Senior Eugenix Trained Doctors*

*Cost Per Graft – INR 120 + 18Gst* (this is $1.96 CAD)  Roughly going to cost 283,200 INR which is $4628.00 CAD

*Planning & Designing Performed By* - Senior Eugenix Trained Doctor (this is going to be with Dr. Priyadarshani)

*Slits/Incision Creation* - Senior Eugenix Trained Doctor (100%)

*Extraction* – Complete extraction by our Senior Eugenix Trained Technicians.

*Implantation* – Complete Implantation to be performed by our Senior Eugenix Trained Technicians.

*Value Added Benefits* - Complimentary 2 nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop. 7 days post-op medication will be provided by us.

So this is how things have progressed and gotten to this point.  I'm very much looking forward to April, and would like to thank everyone for posting their stories and results on here.  I hope my journey can help others out once things are all said and done.

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

5 hours ago, ThePJ said:

Hello everyone,

My name is Paul, and I am going to head to Eugnenix in April 2023.  I'd like to go over my journey and explain how I chose them, etc.  

I had an FUT hair transplant close to 10 years ago done by PAI Medical Group in Regina Saskatchewan (Canada) with Dr. Gerbrands.  I went with them due to how close it was, and did not do much research into them at all, purely chose them due to how close to home it was, this was stupid, "not a great plan" as Iron Man would say.  The surgery cost roughly $10,000.00 CAD and was, in my opinion, a waste of my time, donor hair and money. The graft placement had poor density and placement.  The grafts were placed in such a fashion as to part them down the middle, giving an unrealistic and unatural look, as well as giving me a giant scar (which I'd have been fine with if the transplant had looked good, now it is a mark of shame).  I was treated well during the procedure, but I never once heard from the clinic afterwords to see how I was healing, how their work looked, no "Hi", "Bye", nothing.  Brutal.  My hair started to look worse and worse as the years went on and I was having sexual side effects from finasteride, completely killing my sex drive and obviously upsetting my wife, so I went off of it.  

I decided I wanted to try another clinic and to get back on finasteride.  I did get on finasteride and lowered the dosage and have been on it for close to two years.  I was now taking 1mg every other day instead of every single day, and this helped 100% with the side effects.  Then the pandemic happened and the world was on lockdown, and it gave me time to do much more research. 

I tried to get in contact with Dr. Bruno Ferreira, after seeing the incredible results from Mr. Rolandas, but that was two years ago, and I never heard back from them after they stated they were incredibly busy, despite getting ahold of them 3 seperate times.  Moved along. 

I then was in talks with Dr. Ozlem Bicer, and her and I spoke on WhatsApp a few times.  She felt I did not need a hair transplant, that my hair was good enough, and at most she would only do 1000 grafts and was hesitant to do even do that.  I disagreed, we wished each other well and once again I moved on. 

I then looked at Vera Clinic. The price was right, the consultant was very accommodating and responded quickly to my questions, at most this would have cost me $4000.00 CAD, including the flight.  I thought, man this place looks great, and maybe it is.  But I could NOT find consistent of believable results, I found far too many fake accounts or forums salivating for this place but couldn't verify much of it, it looked too fake.  This made me gun shy with them so I looked elsewhere. 

I looked into Hasson & Wong, and thought, man, it's pretty close to home, just a quick flight.  The results were incredible with these guys and they came highly recommended on this forum and elsewhere.  I had a few WhatsApp calls with Dr. Wong and thought, man, this is the guy.  But holy snap, the price to do the transplant with him is close to $17,000.00 CAD and was FUT, which I am not too interested in.  If I chose to go FUE with Hasson & Wong it would cost $32,000.00 for what he recommended.  That was not in my price range with a new baby and budget, so once again, I had to move on, which was quite dissapointing in this case.

I also spoke with Dr. Yaman, but did not jive well with his consultant through correspondence for some reason, can't even recall why, no blame or anything here, just didn't have a good feeling.  Moved on.

I then got a hold of Eugenix, with one of their consultants, Rishab.  This guy was great, answered my questions pretty fast, despite our crazy time difference, and was very thorough in his replies, some were copy pasted, but I bet he gets those questions a million times a day I'd imagine.  By Eugnenixs estimation, I'd need about 1800 to 2200 grafts in the temple and hairline (I suspect I will need more in the crown/center of my head, but this is what they felt was appropriate by going over pictures and would determine mid scalp when they saw me).  I then wanted a WhatsApp consultation as well, and had a very pleasant conversation with Dr. Priyadarshani, who answered my questions and allayed some of my fears of going through a second surgery.  I think this was going to cost me roughly $6000.00 (estimating the inclusion of the cost of the flight here) by going with the "exclusive" package, which I will copy/paste here:

Exclusive Package*

*Cost Per Graft – INR 120 + 18Gst* (this is $1.96 CAD)  Roughly going to cost 283,200 INR which is $4628.00 CAD

*Planning & Designing Performed By* - Senior Eugenix Trained Doctor (this is going to be with Dr. Priyadarshani)

*Implantation* – Complete Implantation to be performed by our Senior Eugenix Trained Technicians.

*Value Added Benefits* - Complimentary 2 nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop. 7 days post-op medication will be provided by us.

So this is how things have progressed and gotten to this point.  I'm very much looking forward to April, and would like to thank everyone for posting their stories and results on here.  I hope my journey can help others out once things are all said and done.

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

Donor doesn’t look that bad at what looks like a 3 guard do you plan on getting the scar filled with hair? 

I don’t really do my hair like this too often, my wife just buzzed the sides during the pandemic.  The scar doesn’t show that well unless I use the buzzer without a guard. As for getting it filled in, I’ll be speaking with Eugenix on this when I’m there to see what my options are. 

Interesting. I'm also going to Eugenix at the end of April and am getting the same amount of grafts and going with the Exclusive package too. I'm also Canadian. Lots of coincidences! Ha.

One question: With the exclusive package, Dr. Priyadarshani would be doing the incisions / extractions no? That is my understanding. Otherwise why wouldn't people just choose the cheaper package? The incisions / extractions is what takes the most skill and should be done by the doctor. I understand the techs will help with the Implantation.  

Anyways good luck with it! I will follow your journey and growth closely. 

Cheers, 

Edited by 362guy

From what I’ve been led to understand, typically the lead Dr. will be doing the incisions/planning/drawing and the Techs will be doing extractions and implantations.  I believe prices are based on Eugenix Dr’s experience/standing within the company (I could be wrong).  I do know with the cheaper package that you do not get airport pick up or the hotel stay (not that you couldn’t book either of those things yourself).

• Valued Contributor

@ThePJ that was an excellent write up and I can promise you that you dodged a bullet with passing on the Vera Clinic. That would have been out of the pan and back into the fire. Your donor looks good and glad to hear that you can tolerate every second day with finasteride. You've chosen a great clinic and with Dr Das you can expect a great, natural result. Eugenix will be able to fill in your old FUT scar as well. I'm heading back there on Monday. All the best!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatsby said:

@ThePJ that was an excellent write up and I can promise you that you dodged a bullet with passing on the Vera Clinic. That would have been out of the pan and back into the fire. Your donor looks good and glad to hear that you can tolerate every second day with finasteride. You've chosen a great clinic and with Dr Das you can expect a great, natural result. Eugenix will be able to fill in your old FUT scar as well. I'm heading back there on Monday. All the best!

Hello Adrian, nice to hear from you.  I’ve read quite a few of your postings on here and seen a few videos of you on Eugenixs YouTube page.  Your story and openness have been inspirational, I admire your bravery with how candid you have been.  You are one of the reasons I have been so ok with showing my face and sharing as much as I have.  All the best my man, I think you are in excellent hands.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glassbuildingoffice said:

Wishing you all the best! I too just very recently turned down V clinic in Turkey as soon as the kind folks here taught me what hair mills are. I’m holding fire to speak to Dr Sethi at the mo. 

All the best and good luck.

• 1 month later...
On 1/9/2023 at 2:20 AM, ThePJ said:

Hello everyone,

Exclusive Package*

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4020.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

1.jpg

6.jpg

Hi there, I am very much thankful to you for sharing this info with us. I am also going to Eugnenix and for that I am searching for its information online because I want to know whether it is worth it or not. I would love to hear more from you. I am waiting for you and till then I will search for Cash Loan App - Instant Money app online because I need a loan so that I can do this treatment and also because of this, I want to read reviews for Eugnenix online.

Thanks for sharing :)

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update, I haven’t forgotten to post on here, my scheduled surgery is now happening in early May now.  I leave for India on May 5th, and will be there for close to a week.  I will update with pictures the day before on what I currently have going on if I remember and will try to have plenty of pictures and/or video of my experience with Eugenix.  Take care until then.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

Your donor looks good...if you can thn please post pictures of before/after pics of 1st ht....best of luck...will follow your journey closely ...

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

As per EUGENIX price Sheet, seems like you got a custom package which falls somewhere between their Exclusive Package and Premium Package.    From what I heard the hairline slits are a crucial part and it would be better to clarify who these "Sr. Doctors" who will be performing the slits/incisions and how many years of experience constitutes to be considered senior.  I was also quoted a custom package between Premium Package and Super Premium Package which is costing me about 15k USD excluding the flight for 4500 grafts.  Not trying to hijack your thread, but I would be interested in feedback comparing Dr, Ankira vs Dr. Priyadarshi's work and if it's worth spending approximately 10k more for Dr. Ankira.  

EUGENIX PRICE SHEET

Please find the package details below

1. Comprehensive Package 

Procedure Lead By – Eugenix HT Doctors 

Cost Per Graft – INR 75 + Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor

Value Added Benefits - Hotel stay and food available at discounted rates on request, based on availability. This facility is available only in Gurgaon.

2. Exclusive Package

Procedure Lead By – Senior Eugenix HT Doctors 

Cost Per Graft – INR 120 + Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Senior Eugenix HT Doctor and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor

Value Added Benefits - Complimentary two nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

3. Premium Package with Dr Priyadarshini Das

Procedure Lead By – Dr Priyadarshini Das

Cost Per Graft – INR 210 + Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Priyadarshini Das and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the leading doctor.

Value Added Benefits - Complimentary two nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

4. Super Premium Package with Dr Arika Bansal/Founding Surgeon

Procedure Lead By – Dr Arika Bansal

Cost Per Graft – INR 350 + Tax

Planning & Designing & Complete Slits to be Performed by Dr Arika Bansal and further assisted by our Senior Eugenix Technicians under the supervision of the doctor.

Value Added Benefits - Complimentary three nights’ accommodation with airport pick up and drop off. Seven days post-op medication will be provided by us.

5. Dr. Pradeep Sethi’s Flagship Package

Based on the complexity of the case and Dr Sethi’s availability

Dr Pradeep Sethi will decide his involvement based on the complexity of the case [subject to approval and availability] 

Blood Work Charges not included in the package

The procedure for booking the date/slot is to deposit the token amount. Specific blood investigations need to be completed before the procedure date.

All prices are exclusive of taxes

Please do feel comfortable putting forward all your questions and doubts with us. If you would like to come over and meet the doctor or speak to the doctor over call, then we can arrange that. 

I hope to hear from you soon, and I wish you a wonderful day ahead.

Thank You

On 4/25/2023 at 1:16 PM, A_4_Archan said:

Your donor looks good...if you can thn please post pictures of before/after pics of 1st ht....best of luck...will follow your journey closely ...

Sadly I really didn’t look that much different before or after the surgery.  I went through some pretty filthy swelling back then for a couple days afterwords.

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_6984.png

IMG_0061.jpeg

• Valued Contributor

You looks a bit different but not the better outcome to be frank...actually from the pics the implantation itself looks very sparse....

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023 

On 5/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, A_4_Archan said:

You looks a bit different but not the better outcome to be frank...actually from the pics the implantation itself looks very sparse....

On 5/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, A_4_Archan said:

I agree, total waste of time, hence the post and Eugenix.

7 hours ago, Sunset Dune said:

So are you not happy with the result?

Someone had requested pictures from 10 years ago on my first hair transplant, I am on my way to Delhi today, at the Toronto airport at the moment for the next procedure that hopefully will produce far better results.

15 hours ago, readyforresults said:

I think you are scheduled to leave today for your procedure. Just wishing you luck and peace of mind. You’ve made a great choice with Eugenix! 

I am!  Heading on the 2nd plane in an hour and off I go to the other side of the world.  Wish me luck, will post photos as soon as I am able.