Dr Zarev 11,941 grafts. 1st procedure 8,321, 2nd procedure 3,620

mtb

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2023 at 12:07 PM, HugoX said:

When that hairline thickens and grows you won't think of it as high as you do now and as you say, you are 40 now, this is the hairline that you will keep as 50, 60, 70..

You’re right. 

On 5/16/2023 at 12:45 PM, hairman22 said:

@mtb looks amazing for 4 months crown which takes longer growing well too

donor looking very good too.

4-6 month mark is when you experience most growth from my experience

Crown getting thicker by the week. 

On 5/19/2023 at 4:56 AM, Wally West said:

Wow the crown looks great for only 4 months, amazing growth so early on!

I agree about the hairline - it will suit you right into your 70s and with a bit of length it’ll look way better imo. Its a little high but not super high. Zarev had done a really nice natural design. Also, I would wait and see how the crown density looks once it has fully grown in as that area can eat up so many grafts.

That said, if you can lower it a little without sacrificing the density of the mid scalp and crown too much, then why not. Do what you think is best.

Yeah the problem is there remaining donor grafts should be used for density rather than lowering the hairline. We’ll see. I’m pretty happy with things. 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:28 AM, GeneralNorwood said:

I called to Dr. Zarev's clinic. Current dates of consultations are... 2026 January. 

Pitella, H&W, and Eugenix are great options with shorter wait times. No other doc can gets as many scalp only FUE grafts however. Grateful I found Dr Zarev when I did. 

On 5/19/2023 at 2:42 PM, botchedguy95 said:

Hey mate, did you use flash when taking these photos?

Yes, sir. 

On 5/19/2023 at 2:57 PM, HappyMan2021 said:

wow, 2.5 yr wait time for a consult, so 3.5 yrs until surgery I'm guessing?

Just think.....if someone did 3.5 years worth of intense psychotherapy, they could learn to accept and embrace baldness and no longer have any need for hair transplants 🤣

ha ha. For real. 

Attached are some pics from the gym this week. Didn’t put up the Dr Zarev yellow paper at the gym. Ha. It’s getting thicker by the week  

D3F60C28-3435-4821-8A2B-79422F3D745A.jpeg

D6D7892C-69DB-4E82-8061-5E4E9EA4D059.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 7
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators

Looks amazing how does it look top down? Would love to see the crown as well.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, mtb said:

You’re right. 

Yeah the problem is there remaining donor grafts should be used for density rather than lowering the hairline. We’ll see. I’m pretty happy with things. 

Pitella, H&W, and Eugenix are great options with shorter wait times. No other doc can gets as many scalp only FUE grafts however. Grateful I found Dr Zarev when I did. 

Yes, sir. 

ha ha. For real. 

Attached are some pics from the gym this week. Didn’t put up the Dr Zarev yellow paper at the gym. Ha. It’s getting thicker by the week  

How is this even possible?

• Like 1

On 5/15/2023 at 4:02 AM, Spring15 said:

Norwood 7's coming back from the dead. What a time to be alive

In those old sci Fi movies, they thought everyone in the future would be bald, but it turns out everyone is going to have hair.

1 hour ago, mtb said:

You’re right. 

Yes, sir. 

ha ha. For real. 

Looking good. I would not lower hairline if I was you. Well, I had a HT made with the same hairline, and I would not want it lower. I'm perfectly happy with the hairline.

2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

holy smoke

so how is he doing it? and why cant other replicate it? maybe fuegenix is close but they havent done such results on high norwoods…

A combination of extreme surgical skill, innovative technology he uses in his practice, and he is simply a genius. 

On 6/4/2023 at 5:02 PM, mtb said:

You’re right. 

Yes, sir. 

ha ha. For real. 

Just the beginning , you haven't seen anything yet..On top of that... One more surgery to go. 

I still have to look at my old pictures just to remember what I used to look like and pinch myself 

Edited by HugoX

23 minutes ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

he needs to train other surgeons; everything else would be almost unethical 

He has said he wants to but has found it hard to find medical students who are good enough I think. 

51 minutes ago, asterix0 said:

He has said he wants to but has found it hard to find medical students who are good enough I think. 

ugh we need this so bad -- i can't wait almost 5 years to get a surgery done.

5 minutes ago, Fox243 said:

ugh we need this so bad -- i can't wait almost 5 years to get a surgery done.

consultations March 2026 with surgery performed 2 years after the consultation 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 

1 hour ago, Big Rome said:

consultations March 2026 with surgery performed 2 years after the consultation 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯 

I had consult march 2023

Surgery in november 2024

Consults was May 2025 then too.

So in 3 months consults has gone to 2026. 

I think a small surgery in can fit you in faster but the demand is insane

He will have to close bookings soon unless someone else is trained which he hopes to do but when he will have time who knows

What causes such a delay is he also likes his patients to go back 9 months for a review of results this would add to delays and his consultations are long as well

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mr_peanutbutter said:

he needs to train other surgeons; everything else would be almost unethical 

He doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, but if he does train them, it doesn't mean they're going to be as good as him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mtb said:

You’re right. 

Yes, sir. 

ha ha. For real. 

You look perfect, from 40 to 29. 

1 hour ago, Joseph James said:

He doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, but if he does train them, it doesn't mean they're going to be as good as him.

The main difference for zarev imho is his attention to detail -- I don't think there's much more to that, so if he hires someone who pays attention to detail, then using his technology, they should be close to as good

There isn’t a single doctor doing high Norwoods as good as this guy. That said a top-down view of the crown would be helpful to assess “true” density. 

38 minutes ago, Z-- said:

There isn’t a single doctor doing high Norwoods as good as this guy. That said a top-down view of the crown would be helpful to assess “true” density. 

Pittella? Pittella has done much worse donors and shows patients with bright lights/comb through. Of course Zarev is a master as well but very few poor donor cases 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HairEnthusiast101 said:

Pittella? Pittella has done much worse donors and shows patients with bright lights/comb through. Of course Zarev is a master as well but very few poor donor cases 

He just posted a guy with a terrible donor

Took 12k grafts

Zarev can take 12k scalp grafts from a poor donor and he has even taken up to 18k scalp

No one else can do this

Pitella is exceptional

Eugenix are not as good too reliant on beard grafts

• Like 2