Eugenix Journey- 9,132 grafts- NW6- Oct. 2022/Oct.2023

SLA

@SLA

Thank you for the update, we would like to express our heartfelt appreciation for your feedback, and we are truly delighted to learn that your experience with our services has been positive. Your kind words hold great significance for us. 

Our unwavering commitment is to deliver the highest quality of care and treatment to all our patients, and we are genuinely thrilled to know that our efforts have been successful in your case. We wish you all the best in your journey towards good health and happiness.

Warmest Regards
Eugenix Hair Sciences 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 4:50 AM, SLA said:

11 Months

Here you go, everyone- Tried to get photos in different kinds of lighting. Simply put, I am delighted! 

Hope these photos help those of you who were like me, less than a year ago deciding on where to go and questioning whether I was making the correct decision.

I was pretty confident going to Eugenix based on the results I saw from other NW6/7 comrades  who went there, but you never know how it will turn out on you.

I've said it before, it is the people on this forum who post their photos and talk about their experiences which makes this a treasure trove of knowledge and wisdom. Thank you!

Inked 11 Months.jpg

Inked 11 Months-2.jpg

Inked 11 Months-3.jpg

Inked Months- 4.jpg

Inked 11 Months- 5.jpg

Inked 11 Months-1.jpg

Looking great from every angle 😎

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, vortex898 said:

Great result! But I see that the redness is not gone yet?

Hi @vortex898- I see the photo you are referring to. I think that is more the bright lights and me lifting my eyebrows to create tension which is causing redness. When I look into the mirror and even close up with bright lights, there is no redness.

• Administrators

My god what a fantastic transformation, you look beyond fantastic 

FC18B425-6F14-4711-89CD-4F3E4EAC7C19.jpeg

• Like 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

My god what a fantastic transformation, you look beyond fantastic 

FC18B425-6F14-4711-89CD-4F3E4EAC7C19.jpeg

Thanks @Melvin- Moderator- It's grown in super nicely since those early stage photos! Many thanks to you for the leadership and education you are providing on this forum. It is the reason why I landed in the right place!

• 4 weeks later...

Month 12

Finally...1 year. It seems like an eternity ago since I had my procedure. No major changes to report. The length, I think allows for better illusion as I have not cut the top for the entire year. I tried to capture photos with different lighting and combing.

I am super grateful for the results and hope they stick around :).

I debated about getting a trim, but I figured I would wait as they give 'free' trims when you have a procedure...stay tuned for the crown :). 

12 Months.jpg

12 Months 1.jpg

12 Months 2.jpg

12 Months 3.jpg

12 Months 4.jpg

12 Months 5.jpg

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SLA said:

Month 12

Finally...1 year. It seems like an eternity ago since I had my procedure. No major changes to report. The length, I think allows for better illusion as I have not cut the top for the entire year. I tried to capture photos with different lighting and combing.

I debated about getting a trim, but I figured I would wait as they give 'free' trims when you have a procedure...stay tuned for the crown :). 

12 Months.jpg

12 Months 1.jpg

12 Months 2.jpg

12 Months 3.jpg

12 Months 4.jpg

12 Months 5.jpg

Hahaha, three months prior my procedure, I also didn’t go for any trim because I knew I’ll get free trims 😂

a great journey of 12 months. Would be waiting for the crown part. Any plans on addressing hairline or mid zone for more density ?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Shadman said:

Hahaha, three months prior my procedure, I also didn’t go for any trim because I knew I’ll get free trims 😂

a great journey of 12 months. Would be waiting for the crown part. Any plans on addressing hairline or mid zone for more density ?

That is a VERY good questions @Shadmanand one I have deliberated on.

While in an ideal world, I would add density to the midscalp, I am not inclined to do it now as properly styled and at good length, my scalp is pretty much hidden even in harsher lighting.

For this reason, my plan at this time is to address the crown ONLY with the proposed 3k grafts, which they feel would take to fill it with ample density. 

When the doc saw me in Philadelphia, he thought I had around 5-5.5k grafts left for use (3-3.5k scalp and at least 2k beard).If I go with this strategy, I should have at least another 2k grafts or so to play with after the upcoming procedure. 

It is tempting to dump several more hundred into the midscalp, however, my aspiration is to have an equivalent (or near it) amount of density between top and crown rather than having one more heavily favored which is why I am opting for this strategy. In addition, I many times hear people say that they wished they had a little more density in the crown.

With the hopefully minimum of 2k grafts left after this upcoming procedure, I could have flexibility should hair loss progress or I want more density in one area.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SLA said:

While in an ideal world, I would add density to the midscalp, I am not inclined to do it now as properly styled and at good length, my scalp is pretty much hidden even in harsher lighting.

For this reason, my plan at this time is to address the crown ONLY with the proposed 3k grafts, which they feel would take to fill it with ample density. 

When the doc saw me in Philadelphia, he thought I had around 5-5.5k grafts left for use (3-3.5k scalp and at least 2k beard).If I go with this strategy, I should have at least another 2k grafts or so to play with after the upcoming procedure. 

It is tempting to dump several more hundred into the midscalp, however, my aspiration is to have an equivalent (or near it) amount of density between top and crown rather than having one more heavily favored which is why I am opting for this strategy. In addition, I many times hear people say that they wished they had a little more density in the crown.

With the hopefully minimum of 2k grafts left after this upcoming procedure, I could have flexibility should hair loss progress or I want more density in one area.

A great approach, at any day I would also prefer equivalent amount of density. Once you address the crown and after that you can always go for any touchup procedure whenever you want. But as of now addressing the crown only would be a better idea. 
I wish you all the best for your upcoming procedure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SLA said:

Month 12

12 Months.jpg

12 Months 1.jpg

12 Months 2.jpg

12 Months 3.jpg

12 Months 4.jpg

12 Months 5.jpg

Looking amazing 🤩 for 12-months @SLA. What does he young lady at work say now? She still has no clue? 😂

All the best on the 2nd round, I've to plan for my 2nd round at some point in the future.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ZeeMan said:

Looking amazing 🤩 for 12-months @SLA. What does he young lady at work say now? She still has no clue? 😂

All the best on the 2nd round, I've to plan for my 2nd round at some point in the future.

Thanks!...Funny @ZeeMan- We haven't seen each other in a while as she works in another department- lol.

Your results look excellent as well- enjoy the hair!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ZeeMan said:

I had predicted at the beginning of 2023, it was gonna be a hairy 2023 for us 🤣

• Haha 1

• Administrators
19 hours ago, SLA said:

Good plan 🙏

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• Melvin- Admin changed the title to Eugenix Journey- 9,132 grafts- NW6- Oct. 2022/Oct.2023

HT #2- October 28th/29th

I hopped on the plane from the east coast of the US and flew 14 hours into New Delhi for round #2 with the focus on the crown. Temple points, which I wasn't going to touch as not to use precious donor were touched up by the doctor by using donor from nape of the neck which can't be used for anything else. Overall, I was much more relaxed for round #2 knowing what to expect.

The staff is absolutely incredible at Eugenix as care is taken by everyone to ensure your well being. The surgical staff, like last year, executed with efficiency and care. I consider Eugenix like a second family and have made many close connections with staff. Their new surgical facilities are impressive and the entire operation seems to have been taken to the next level.

In total, 3.648 grafts were extracted with 1,100 coming from the beard to bring my total between the two surgeries to 9,132 grafts (2,300 from the beard).

Assuming everything heals well, the hope is that there could potentially be 2kish more scalp grafts to use if needed in addition to beard grafts- while my hair is not super dense by nature, since my hair is curly, the doc said he could extract more and when grown out would look full in the donor. Fingers crossed :).  

The positivety and good vibes you sent last time were greatly appreciated- please keep sending them my way.

Much gratitude to this amazing forum, especially @Melvin- Admin! I have received so much education and am grateful to have to opportunity pay it forward!

HT #2 Post Surgery.JPG

HT #2 Post Surgery-1.JPG

HT #2 Post Surgery- 2.JPG

HT #2 Post Surgery- 3.JPG

HT #2 Post Surgery- 4.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Well Done 1

• Administrators

You had a homerun the first time, now it should be no different. So excited to follow your journey 🙏

View my thread

2 hours ago, SLA said:

I certainly hope so @Stewie and your results are INCREDIBLE. Thanks for the positive vibes and well wishes!

awww mate, very kind to say, its not perfect, but its taking me by surprise how well its turning out for me atm, especially with how short I have my hair too. With the kink in your hair I am always jealous of how little you need for so m much coverage haha, 1st round was a knock out for you and like Melvin said this is the home run, just the waiting game all over again now, but at least you know how it goes this time :)