Botched Hairtransplantion by HLC clinic in Ancara

• Administrators

Michael,

I think the point everyone is making is that we don’t have enough evidence. The latest pictures you posted are tiny and terrible quality. Any phone can take bigger and better quality photos, so I do believe it’s odd you cannot produce one photo pre-surgery or after your 1st HT. The only photos you’ve presented are recent pictures 6 months after surgery. 

We don’t have a full picture of what happened. As an objective community, we have to question. We cannot take things at face value, good or bad. 

An example is the picture you posted 

image.jpeg

compared to a photo I took now on my iphone4A219FA5-8DEB-4F13-87A4-C6A81712C909.jpeg

• Like 11

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Michael,

I think the point everyone is making is that we don’t have enough evidence. The latest pictures you posted are tiny and terrible quality. Any phone can take bigger and better quality photos, so I do believe it’s odd you cannot produce one photo pre-surgery or after your 1st HT. The only photos you’ve presented are recent pictures 6 months after surgery. 

We don’t have a full picture of what happened. As an objective community l, we have to question. We cannot take things at face value, good or bad. 

An example is the picture you posted 

image.jpeg

compared to a photo I took now on my iphone4A219FA5-8DEB-4F13-87A4-C6A81712C909.jpeg

I am sorry but i have already told that i don"t have any other photos after the first surgery and never thought it would be necessary to keep any photos that i have had from my donor area or photos like yours. If you want this photos right away then i would ask you to talk to the clinic on behalf of me and ask them to send this photos to you. I have already done this and wait for an answer. Photos from my current Situation are already in post, the photos that the Doctor gave to me after the second operation are already in post. I do not think it is weird that i have not taken too much pictures of the back of my head after the first operation, because as i said i did not have any problems with it. The problem was obvious after the second operation and in the photos that i have posted it is clearle to see that the donor area total depleted is. When you are telling me that you cannot see the problem, then probably it was my fault to start this thread anyway.

3 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

This is another photo taken from me in the hotel after the second surgery. You can see with wet hair, what was the result after my first surgery.

20220121_095911.jpg

I’m finding this so hard to follow, I really think until pre pics from both surgeries are given , it’s very difficult to unravel what’s going on here . Either way with your skin condition both the clinic and dermatologist should of said it made you unsuitable for hair transplant 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

I’m finding this so hard to follow, I really think until pre pics from both surgeries are given , it’s very difficult to unravel what’s going on here . Either way with your skin condition both the clinic and dermatologist should of said it made you unsuitable for hair transplant 

As i told you before my skin condition did not made me unsuitable for a hairtransplant. This art from dermatitis is only located on the falting of the skin, also behind the ears, and at the frontal part of your face. You can check videos from other Doctors in Youtube if you want. 

21 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

As i told you before my skin condition did not made me unsuitable for a hairtransplant. This art from dermatitis is only located on the falting of the skin, also behind the ears, and at the frontal part of your face. You can check videos from other Doctors in Youtube if you want. 

Ok either way your going through a tough time so I don’t want to seem as I’m being passive aggressive . No one as has asked what you hope to now get out of this . What would in your mind be a good resolution for you going forward

5 minutes ago, sukh123 said:

Ok either way your going through a tough time so I don’t want to seem as I’m being passive aggressive . No one as has asked what you hope to now get out of this . What would in your mind be a good resolution for you going forward

I am not hoping to get nothing out of this. I just wanted to tell what happened and warn other people of how dangerous this can be. If you trust the wrong people for something like that they can destroy you for money. 

I good resolution moving forward? Man i look like a guy who is sick or under chemotherapy. There is no good resolution when someone does something like that to you.

• Like 2

• Administrators
1 hour ago, michael hofmann said:

This is another photo taken from me in the hotel after the second surgery. You can see with wet hair, what was the result after my first surgery.

20220121_095911.jpg

Again, we don’t have the context without pre-op photos. If you were completely bald, this would be normal. To me this looks like a fairly standard graft no-shave picture. 

This was my picture, at a glance you could be shocked, but the context was I was diffuse Norwood 6. 

I’m sure the clinic took pre-op and 12 month photos. Can you ask them? 

DEC438CE-8E1A-4AC7-8A14-D2A961346F42.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Again, we don’t have the context without pre-op photos. If you were completely bald, this would be normal. To me this looks like a fairly standard graft no-shave picture. 

This was my picture, at a glance you could be shocked, but the context was I was diffuse Norwood 6. 

image.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

I am talking the whole time about what they did to my donor area, do you think my problem right now is the poor growth that i got? As i told before as soon as i get more photos i will post them too. 

Are you telling me now that in this photo, what you see seems like 4200 grafts on the middle point and on the crown for you?

14 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

I have emailed the clinic today and asked them to send me the photos that they took before-after the first and the second surgery.

• Like 2

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, michael hofmann said:

I am talking the whole time about what they did to my donor area, do you think my problem right now is the poor growth that i got? As i told before as soon as i get more photos i will post them too. 

Are you telling me now that in this photo, what you see seems like 4200 grafts on the middle point and on the crown for you?

No, I’m not commenting on the growth. We can’t comment on growth without pre-op photos. 

View my thread

• Administrators
1 minute ago, michael hofmann said:

I have emailed the clinic today and asked them to send me the photos that they took before-after the first and the second surgery.

Perfect 

View my thread

• Valued Contributor

Well this thread made for painful reading for a whole bunch of reasons!

Firstly OP, sorry you're going through this. I hope some solution can be found.

You said you had some pictures from the clinic but they had your name on them? Can't you just cover the name/edit it out? If you're not sure how to, Google it. Will take you 5 minutes.

You also keep just dumping random photos with no context. What we need is some chronological order with some explanations from you about each picture. You just need to take a bit of time getting everything together and posting it in a coherent and orderly way and then we'll be able to see what's really going on.

• Like 5

I think its difficult to judge what happened based on these photos. There is no sequence at all, random photos are uploaded in different posts making the community feel more confused. We cant comment on the growth without clear pre op photos from both procedures. Same for the donor we need clear pre op of donor and donor extraction pictures from both procedures. I think the OP needs to put them in a normal sequence so we can make a full picture of the situation.

Edited by jose07
  • Like 3

I wouldn't call HLC a hair mill, just an unethical clinic.  Towards @michael hofmannbut they had the same attitude as the hair mills, and that is, they were only interested in his money.  Between the first and the second transplant, they should have asked themselves some questions, “why did it go like this?”, Instead they performed a second procedure, ruining the donor area.  On another forum, I read about a patient, who had gone to the H&W clinic (I don't remember which of the two surgeons had the first procedure) to undergo a second surgery, since the first one did not produce the desired results. , well Hasson or Wong, he noticed that the patient's scalp was a little red and told the patient that it would be better not to proceed, and he just did a revision of the scar, he could have done the second procedure, pocketing the patient's money, but he didn't.  These are ethical surgeons.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ITA said:

I wouldn't call HLC a hair mill, just an unethical clinic.  Towards @michael hofmannbut they had the same attitude as the hair mills, and that is, they were only interested in his money.  Between the first and the second transplant, they should have asked themselves some questions, “why did it go like this?”, Instead they performed a second procedure, ruining the donor area.  On another forum, I read about a patient, who had gone to the H&W clinic (I don't remember which of the two surgeons had the first procedure) to undergo a second surgery, since the first one did not produce the desired results. , well Hasson or Wong, he noticed that the patient's scalp was a little red and told the patient that it would be better not to proceed, and he just did a revision of the scar, he could have done the second procedure, pocketing the patient's money, but he didn't.  These are ethical surgeons.

Amen to that 🙏

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

image.jpeg

Unrelated but I had to say 😁 you’ve some amazing results. Like a totally different person now.

4 hours ago, nks123 said:

Hmm I was interested in HLC but experiences like this makes me not want to go... 

If you're looking for a clinic that doesn't have subpar results, you might as well shave your head because they don't exist. HLC has been around for over a decade and they have 4 or 5 doctors working there, so theoretically 5 patients per day. They work 6 days a week. You do the math.

This forum (like others) has a vocal minority with strong biases. Take all of our advices with a grain of salt no matter how "in the know" we think we are. I would always recommend going to the best place you can afford. If you can pay up to 3.5€/graft, there are a few great options. I would say you can upgrade to elite doctor level when you get to 5€/graft. 

Do your own research.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MachoVato said:
10 hours ago, nks123 said:

If you're looking for a clinic that doesn't have subpar results, you might as well shave your head because they don't exist. HLC has been around for over a decade and they have 4 or 5 doctors working there, so theoretically 5 patients per day. They work 6 days a week. You do the math.

This forum (like others) has a vocal minority with strong biases. Take all of our advices with a grain of salt no matter how "in the know" we think we are. I would always recommend going to the best place you can afford. If you can pay up to 3.5€/graft, there are a few great options. I would say you can upgrade to elite doctor level when you get to 5€/graft. 

Do your own research.

An elite clinic, it is also evaluated based on post-transplant care, which in my opinion is as important as the procedure itself, and here, if you allow, HLC is behaving the same way hundreds of pseudo clinics or hair mills swarming in Turkey.

I was one of those who thought that HLC, along with Bicer and Pekiner was among the best clinics in Turkey, perhaps because until some time ago, I had only seen good results, but here is that when the unexpected comes out, the negative sides are manifested of a clinic, which in an ethical clinic, should not exist.

• Like 1

Just to state the obvious, we really need pre-op pics of the donor. This should be either from the evaluation pics we send to clinics or the actual day of procedure photos from the clinic. 

From what i've seen, patients donor that looks like crap post-op already had thinning/weak donor. I try to warn people whenever I can about creating more problems for themselves. A combination of rose colored glasses and clinics not giving proper feedback on potential customers donor leads to clown-fiesta outcomes. It's sad.

4 hours ago, ITA said:

An elite clinic, it is also evaluated based on post-transplant care, which in my opinion is as important as the procedure itself, and here, if you allow, HLC is behaving the same way hundreds of pseudo clinics or hair mills swarming in Turkey.

I was one of those who thought that HLC, along with Bicer and Pekiner was among the best clinics in Turkey, perhaps because until some time ago, I had only seen good results, but here is that when the unexpected comes out, the negative sides are manifested of a clinic, which in an ethical clinic, should not exist.

You're throwing, imo, the best clinic in Turkey under the bus because of this one person's story? A story that leaves us with many questions. There isn't another side to this? You're very quick to throw the "unethical" card at them.

Look, I don't care either way. The "best clinic in Turkey" list changes all the time on here. It won't be long before Asli Tarcan will be the best option. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, MachoVato said:

You're throwing, imo, the best clinic in Turkey under the bus because of this one person's story? A story that leaves us with many questions. There isn't another side to this? You're very quick to throw the "unethical" card at them.

Look, I don't care either way. The "best clinic in Turkey" list changes all the time on here. It won't be long before Asli Tarcan will be the best option. 

What questions do you have that i did not answer? Whta is the other side of the story? That i went ther and forced them to destroy my donor area? I had no intentions getting a second hairtransplant by them, the only reason that i went for it, is that the doctor convinced me that a had a great donor area and that they can go up to 6000 grafts. He even said to me they can lower the hairline. And all that without checking the donor density like professionals do. So don"t talk to me about ethics. 

• Like 1