Verteporfin HAIR REGENERATION HUMAN TRIAL Dr. Barghouthi *OFFICIAL THREAD

Melvin- Admin

Wow ! I have been searching how HT scars can be revised and found this topic.

As this is very long thread, can I ask what stage is the trial ?

What % improvement is expected in terms of scars/hair regrowth ?

When this solution is expected to hit the market ?

Would be grateful for any kind of summary. Thank you all !

3 hours ago, sansi said:

Wow ! I have been searching how HT scars can be revised and found this topic.

As this is very long thread, can I ask what stage is the trial ?

What % improvement is expected in terms of scars/hair regrowth ?

When this solution is expected to hit the market ?

Would be grateful for any kind of summary. Thank you all !

Dr.  Bloxhams trial is underway and is focusing on scar reduction, we are a few months away from preliminary results. He is using FUT on this. 

Dr.  Bargouthi is starting a trial soon, and tested it and will give follow up results as well. He is using FUE

Dr. Pittela is planning his own trial. 

As we don't know optimal dosing we can't say the level of regrowth but it looks like at minimum it's 25 to 40 percent but maybe more at higher doses. 

Hope that helps. 

Edited by TV_on_LazerDisk

Thank you for the answers.

I watched Dr. Bloxhams updates, he says that it would be possible to tell if this works by month 3-4. So given it's 2+ months already, in max two months we will know if this works, won't we ?

24 minutes ago, tatasabaya said:

I hope so, that's why I'm here lol

What can we do for such trial to take place ? Maybe donations if any doctor commits to do such trial ?

I guess it is easier to do than standard FUE trial.

Find patient, excise some of the scars (Maybe a small area) and inject the drug.

8 minutes ago, sansi said:

What can we do for such trial to take place ? Maybe donations if any doctor commits to do such trial ?

I guess it is easier to do than standard FUE trial.

Find patient, excise some of the scars (Maybe a small area) and inject the drug.

I don't think it would make sense to start new tests before having updates of the ongoing trials. I really really really want this to work, but part of me is still skeptical with the results we have to date. The control-test area pictures we have from the previous FUE trial are not rigorous enough in my opinion.

It's just a matter of time. If this truly works, the incentive for healing preexisting scars would be huge for essentially any scar in the human body.

Edited by tatasabaya
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tatasabaya said:

I don't think it would make sense to start new tests before having updates of the ongoing trials. I really really really want this to work, but part of me is still skeptical with the results we have to date. The control-test area pictures we have from the previous FUE trial are not rigorous enough in my opinion.

It's just a matter of time. If this truly works, the incentive for healing preexisting scars would be huge for essentially any scar in the human body.

Maybe you are right about new trials, but FUE scars revision is a simple one (excise a small are and inject) so maybe worth a shot.

I've spent last few hours investigating the drug and it seems very promising.

Results are good enough not for shaving but for buzz cut (this white shiny dots won't stand out) which is good already. Also may become better over time.

It worked on mice and pigs, two very different animals, and humans are much more similar to pigs, than pigs and mice.

They used it on human skin graft and underlying mechanisms were the same.

So I guess it is matter of trials and testing different scenarios improving each time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sansi said:

So what's the conclusion for the first trial success/failure or something between ?

Last update I could find was in April, was there update after that ?

Thanks

My takeaway from that trial is that it looked like there was substantial regrowth in the Test sites as compared to the Control sites. Especially for the higher dosages.  Following up with that patient would, I think, provide a lot of useful info on its efficacy for hair regeneration. For some reason unknown to me it is just not happening. Maybe the patient is no longer available or so. 

2 hours ago, Square1 said:

My takeaway from that trial is that it looked like there was substantial regrowth in the Test sites as compared to the Control sites. Especially for the higher dosages.  Following up with that patient would, I think, provide a lot of useful info on its efficacy for hair regeneration. For some reason unknown to me it is just not happening. Maybe the patient is no longer available or so. 

I agree more follow up would be helpful.

Especially since while it prevents scaring the healing process can be slower, so having some general time line looking at follow up would def help. 

2 hours ago, Square1 said:

We also need to count on the patient trimming the back of their head very short for the follow up, or else it would be pretty useless.

• Like 1

Thank You for the answers !

The Pig trial showed that skin was in active regeneration process after 4 months, and skin remodeling usually takes a year so it's very likely first patient should have better results now.

@DrTBarghouthi I am new on this forum and wanted to say thank you for being pioneer in this. Are you planning follow up with the patient ? Would be very helpful to see results in long term.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 1:41 AM, sansi said:

Maybe you are right about new trials, but FUE scars revision is a simple one (excise a small are and inject) so maybe worth a shot.

I've spent last few hours investigating the drug and it seems very promising.

Results are good enough not for shaving but for buzz cut (this white shiny dots won't stand out) which is good already. Also may become better over time.

It worked on mice and pigs, two very different animals, and humans are much more similar to pigs, than pigs and mice.

They used it on human skin graft and underlying mechanisms were the same.

So I guess it is matter of trials and testing different scenarios improving each time.

FUE scars are really sticky, they will be difficult to excise without hair. Moreover, if verteporfin does not work the excised scar may look worse. 

Maybe after Dr Bloxhams FUT scar a small FUE scar revision session can be done.

7 minutes ago, bigmistake said:

FUE scars are really sticky, they will be difficult to excise without hair. Moreover, if verteporfin does not work the excised scar may look worse. 

Maybe after Dr Bloxhams FUT scar a small FUE scar revision session can be done.

Smp technology now can easily camouflage fue scars. 

On 8/6/2022 at 2:59 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Apologies for the delay in answering anyone- I’ll update any future photos with clearer labels of scars etc. This was anyway an unplanned 6 weeks follow up but the proposed follow up was at 8 weeks which is still next Saturday. Will keep you all posted here. 

Ground breaking if this continues to work.