FUExpert Madrid. DR Juan Couto experience

Skimzee

5 minutes ago, johnto said:

Yes exactly.  I feel that in north America since techs cannot use a scalpel on a patient hair transplant surgeons that use techs here have to create the opening for the hair graft. This causes more pitting and cobblestoning in the recipient sites because it seems to be more traumatic 

Thats why, because I always though that is more efficient to use the implater and better to give the right angle to the hair.

This discussion pops up every now and then. 

I reality there is no evidence that implanter pen is superior to slits: neither in "clean look", "angles, "healing" nor "survival". There are great clinic using slits and forceps others use slits and implanter pen and others implanter pen only. 

Edited by Gasthoerer

5 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

This discussion pops up every now and then. 

I reality there is no evidence that implanter pen is superior to slits: neither in "clean look", "angles, "healing" nor "survival". There are great clinic using slits and forceps others use slits and implanter pen and others implanter pen only. 

Obviously the hands is the most important but you can not deny the differences on the differents procedures

23 hours ago, JoselitoElGallo said:

Obviously the hands is the most important but you can not deny the differences on the differents procedures

Yes, hands are more important. And of course there are differences in the procedures, but do the lead to a different result? I am not sure and I see no evidence. 

If I have to give a recommendation the mine is: implanter pen (without additional slits) for temples and in between existing hairs. Slits for the other procedures.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 2:26 AM, Skimzee said:

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Couto and I’m now one month post transplant. I know sometimes his Instagram results seem unbelievable however I am more than happy to share mine. I am currently one month in and the shedding phase has well and truly started.

I will continue to add to this post monthly. All photos are taken at weekly intervals. 2700 grafts for frontal/mid scalp. Returning next year for 1500 grafts to cover the crown. Any questions please just let me know. 

E9D23BA6-E651-476E-B2A3-F3934D1C186B.jpeg

C8066184-9DD5-4C16-A91D-C0A8C87A654F.jpeg

AD46AEBC-8DD6-4665-8236-84A7BB981D0C.png

A135E160-5F8C-4865-85AC-BE2D4BA6DEB6.jpeg

62AEB9BB-AC2E-45CF-B2F4-00A24F9B3339.jpeg

0D61D507-1996-4676-AEB1-F79B4B049B36.jpeg

FEF220E8-6BEB-4F52-ADBD-D07A5DEE4B26.jpeg

3D941735-3787-4ECB-AF0F-989503EF45CD.jpeg

0B9C3FD8-5FCE-4C55-A5C2-F2A760864ABA.jpeg

Looks like he planted in rows on the right side of the front hairline. Don’t know why doctors do that. Laziness I’m assuming 

21 hours ago, BaldingEye said:

Amazing result at just 5 months... density looks awesome... Can not wait to see your result at 12 months, it is going to be superb ... Thanks for sharing.

image.jpeg.ea971eb24e48e2b47c06726e7f6ea0cc.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Fantastic results, congrats Dr. Cuoto is fantastic.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 5 months later...

Hey all. Please accept my apologies for the updates. I’ve been enjoying my hair. This is one year post transplant, I’m just away on holiday but I will upload some hairline photos later when I return 2DFF597E-96C4-4D7C-8AEE-AF4F670F6981.thumb.jpeg.bea392fb3b4868dae19e20281a819b16.jpeg. I’m over the moon. 

81338865-066E-455C-B47F-FDF95C056218.png

• Like 2

On 4/23/2023 at 8:39 PM, Sunset Dune said:

What about the crown? You addressed the front but the crown was left for another procedure 

Crown I got SMP to cover it, I know eventually I’ll have to get a second procedure but for now im content. I’ll cross that bridge when it comes 

It is amazing what a Cuoto or Konior or Eugenix top doc can achieve. It seems like their results are night and day above your average Jill or Joe. Why? Fewer procedures a day —more attention to detail-better technique—better techs—all of the above? There is definitely a qualitative difference .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mountinvan said:

It is amazing what a Cuoto or Konior or Eugenix top doc can achieve. It seems like their results are night and day above your average Jill or Joe. Why? Fewer procedures a day —more attention to detail-better technique—better techs—all of the above? There is definitely a qualitative difference .

Couto sees more then one patient a day as far as I know and uses techs (though better or worse is subjective) but I think its a combination of all things. My bet is his skillset, leadership and the coordination with his entire team making him stand out from his competition.

3 hours ago, TheGreatPretender said:

Couto sees more then one patient a day as far as I know and uses techs (though better or worse is subjective) but I think its a combination of all things. My bet is his skillset, leadership and the coordination with his entire team making him stand out from his competition.

Hello, yes it’s one patient a day. I had 2800 grafts and this was all done over the course of 3 days. The first two days which was hairline design was completed by Couto himself, the last day which was filling my mid scalp was completed by his technician. He came in several times and checked the work before letting the technician finish. 

Great aftercare, they do speak English, however I found speaking in basic Spanish where I could went a long way. Happy to answer any other questions

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Skimzee said:

Hello, yes it’s one patient a day. I had 2800 grafts and this was all done over the course of 3 days. The first two days which was hairline design was completed by Couto himself, the last day which was filling my mid scalp was completed by his technician. He came in several times and checked the work before letting the technician finish. 

Great aftercare, they do speak English, however I found speaking in basic Spanish where I could went a long way. Happy to answer any other questions

Thats great to hear man, as longa as the work done is clean and concise its all that matters!

I merely mentioned 2+ patients since there is a sheet from an user mentions it alongside some other people that claim to be more. Perhaps your case required a more through involvement so he made you his sole patient for the course of 3 days.

In any case I would like to know how was your tolerance for pain and how did you deal with sleeping. I am in for surgery with Freitas next month and am just dreading how bad it will likely be lol. 

Edited by TheGreatPretender

that hair looks good no matter if you brush it forward , backwards sideways. you don't have to see it you can alone tell by the hair quality and density and they way it was implanted. great result!!!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2023 at 8:14 PM, BaldV said:

Why are you posting pics with hair combed forward?? Please post pictures with the haired pull back in outdoor light so that we can understand the result. 

Thanks

865E8C14-CCF1-4A18-88B5-0E7B8A439767.thumb.jpeg.b57e34e615b757c2ce5446e40e939261.jpeg

hello, sorry im trying to enjoy my hair, he is wet, combed back under harsh lighting? Anything else you’d like or?

• Like 1