FUExpert Madrid. DR Juan Couto experience

Skimzee

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Couto and I’m now one month post transplant. I know sometimes his Instagram results seem unbelievable however I am more than happy to share mine. I am currently one month in and the shedding phase has well and truly started.

I will continue to add to this post monthly. All photos are taken at weekly intervals. 2700 grafts for frontal/mid scalp. Returning next year for 1500 grafts to cover the crown. Any questions please just let me know. 

E9D23BA6-E651-476E-B2A3-F3934D1C186B.jpeg

C8066184-9DD5-4C16-A91D-C0A8C87A654F.jpeg

AD46AEBC-8DD6-4665-8236-84A7BB981D0C.png

A135E160-5F8C-4865-85AC-BE2D4BA6DEB6.jpeg

62AEB9BB-AC2E-45CF-B2F4-00A24F9B3339.jpeg

0D61D507-1996-4676-AEB1-F79B4B049B36.jpeg

FEF220E8-6BEB-4F52-ADBD-D07A5DEE4B26.jpeg

3D941735-3787-4ECB-AF0F-989503EF45CD.jpeg

0B9C3FD8-5FCE-4C55-A5C2-F2A760864ABA.jpeg

Edited by Skimzee
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, Curious25 said:

Nice - thanks for sharing. 

Are you Spanish/based in Spain, or did you travel? 

I’m from London, but speak basic Spanish. He and his fellow doctors speak English but some of the nurses don’t so we had to communicate in Spanish. He completed all the work himself, he’s a perfectionist and it took 3 days to complete. Have no complaints at all about the experience just looking forward to the results 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JC71 said:

Great to see another Dr Couto developing result here on the forum. Looks really good. How long did you have to wait to get a consultation and then get the hair transplant date ? Thanks 🙏 

I contacted him initially in 2019. I was told to jump on Fin for a year minimum before he would consider. Arranged the appointment in 2020 for 2022. So in all it was around 3 years but from what I’ve seen so far I’m glad I waited. I considered Turkey but I was so worried about getting a hair mill by accident. If you have the patience I would recommend contacting them on Instagram first!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Skimzee said:

I contacted him initially in 2019. I was told to jump on Fin for a year minimum before he would consider. Arranged the appointment in 2020 for 2022. So in all it was around 3 years but from what I’ve seen so far I’m glad I waited. I considered Turkey but I was so worried about getting a hair mill by accident. If you have the patience I would recommend contacting them on Instagram first!

Yeh he is worth the wait, your a patient guy ! Good on you. No it’s not someone I’m considering, just curious as we all know his waiting times are longer than just about anybody else. And we have been waiting for more patient results to be posted here. So far we only have 2 others. Most/if not all are posting on the Spanish forums. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Looks amazing work! congrats!

Serious question though: Has anyone seen Couto ever do a non-spanish looking dude? I.e. not black, thick hair...

I've checked a lot of his results out but i don't recall ever seeing a fine-blonde haired dude...

Couto & the Spanish docs are mostly quite selective about who they take on.

You have to be on propecia or else no chance. Need good donor too. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Serious question though: Has anyone seen Couto ever do a non-spanish looking dude? I.e. not black, thick hair...

I've checked a lot of his results out but i don't recall ever seeing a fine-blonde haired dude...

It’s one thing I found concerning. I’m English, but the men on my mothers side are Mediterranean with dark full heads of hair hair and my fathers side are bald with fair hair. I guess I had a mix of both. I did meet one patient on my last day who was there for his yearly check in. I see his pre op pictures and he was pretty much completely bald however he looked like Tarzan when I saw him. I guess it depends on your surgeon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Skimzee said:

It’s one thing I found concerning. I’m English, but the men on my mothers side are Mediterranean with dark full heads of hair hair and my fathers side are bald with fair hair. I guess I had a mix of both. I did meet one patient on my last day who was there for his yearly check in. I see his pre op pictures and he was pretty much completely bald however he looked like Tarzan when I saw him. I guess it depends on your surgeon

Interesting. Yeh your pics seemed a mix of both actually, kinda like fair but dark hair.

Haha Tarzan may have been bald before but he must have had really good, thick donor hair too I'm guessing....

23 minutes ago, hairman22 said:

You have to be on propecia or else no chance. Need good donor too. 

That’s not necessarily a bad thing , you could argue that adopting these standards as fundamental for each patient is about as ethical as you can get. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

Thank you for sharing your story. Looks neat and clean. 

Do you have some more before pics. From the pics I have seen so far, it is difficult to understand why the entire top was addressed. 

Some donor pics post surgery would be also nice. 

I don’t unfortunately I was addicted to Toppik! In one year I will have my pictures from the clinic on a post which will be the best I can do. This is my current donor today one month after procedure. Hoping it continues to fill out

17DAE467-5578-4F6B-958D-B60ECDD0E1C2.jpeg

The work looks very well done. He seems to be a very meticulous surgeon and his results definitely stand out. Thank you for posting as there's not many patient posted results for him on this forum. 3 years wait from clinic contact is definitely a commitment but it looks like it will pay off. 

Bosley 11-2016 FUE - 1,407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE - 2,024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE - 2,076 grafts

Dr. Konior 09-2021 FUE - 697 scalp to scalp, FUE - 716 beard to beard Total scalp FUE - 6,204 grafts 

6 hours ago, Skimzee said:

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Couto and I’m now one month post transplant. I know sometimes his Instagram results seem unbelievable however I am more than happy to share mine. I am currently one month in and the shedding phase has well and truly started.

I will continue to add to this post monthly. All photos are taken at weekly intervals. 2700 grafts for frontal/mid scalp. Returning next year for 1500 grafts to cover the crown. Any questions please just let me know. 

E9D23BA6-E651-476E-B2A3-F3934D1C186B.jpeg

C8066184-9DD5-4C16-A91D-C0A8C87A654F.jpeg

AD46AEBC-8DD6-4665-8236-84A7BB981D0C.png

A135E160-5F8C-4865-85AC-BE2D4BA6DEB6.jpeg

62AEB9BB-AC2E-45CF-B2F4-00A24F9B3339.jpeg

0D61D507-1996-4676-AEB1-F79B4B049B36.jpeg

FEF220E8-6BEB-4F52-ADBD-D07A5DEE4B26.jpeg

3D941735-3787-4ECB-AF0F-989503EF45CD.jpeg

0B9C3FD8-5FCE-4C55-A5C2-F2A760864ABA.jpeg

This looks amazing. So impressed by Dr. Couto.

May I ask how much per graft he charges? I have heard varying prices.

2 hours ago, JC71 said:

Bet your glad that A) You waited B) You chose to travel out of the Uk. 🤩

Think how much that would have been here, and for nowhere near the quality…. 

Was a lovely 4 days in Madrid I can’t lie, on the fourth day they invited me back for lunch before I flew home made me feel really welcome. I’m at the awful phase right now, can’t bare to look at myself in the mirror but just hoping for the best in the long run! Waiting for these new hairs to sprout 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, follically challenged said:

There’s no such a thing as a Spanish looking dude, half of the population as light hair and pale skin… 

but yeah most of his results are on darker hair that’s true. 

7 hours ago, JC71 said:

The ugly duckling stage sucks but just think In a short few months you will be over it. Just think of the hairy summer you will be having 👍🏽

As my Uni tutor used to say, its about the journey not the results. One will define the other. 

And it looks good even at an ugly duckling stage from the way the hairline is constructed I wouldnt be surprised if you got great results. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGreatPretender said:

As my Uni tutor used to say, its about the journey not the results. One will define the other. 

And it looks good even at an ugly duckling stage from the way the hairline is constructed I wouldnt be surprised if you got great results. 

Yeh, everyone’s journey is going to feel different. Personally I never minded the ugly duckling stage, it was quite exciting knowing what was to come ! 🤩

• Like 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Skimzee said:

0173864C-65A3-4777-8EF7-8B41CB747D16.thumb.jpeg.8fdde491db0c63c8110ad2aa4fa6cb65.jpeg

Hey all, currently at the 5 week mark! Feeling awful but optimistic about the results. I know this is the ugly duckling stage. Struggling to cope with how I look in the mirror right now 😩

Im week 7 and looking worse, its all part of the process. I’ve been very impressed by Dr. Cuoto results! Happy growing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.