FUExpert Madrid. DR Juan Couto experience

Skimzee

7 hours ago, Skimzee said:

Hey all, currently at the 5 week mark! Feeling awful but optimistic about the results. I know this is the ugly duckling stage. Struggling to cope with how I look in the mirror right now 😩

For what it's worth, I feel like I'm just turning a corner at a little over 6 weeks. Redness subsiding and some of the hairs that didn't shed are growing. I feel like by week 8 I won't be wearing a hat anymore so you're probably right behind me. This is not to say that it will be thick but I guess it's just becoming less obvious that anything was done.

15 hours ago, JoeMan said:

For what it's worth, I feel like I'm just turning a corner at a little over 6 weeks. Redness subsiding and some of the hairs that didn't shed are growing. I feel like by week 8 I won't be wearing a hat anymore so you're probably right behind me. This is not to say that it will be thick but I guess it's just becoming less obvious that anything was done.

Thank you mate! Wish we never had to do this stage!

• Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, Skimzee said:

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Couto and I’m now one month post transplant. I know sometimes his Instagram results seem unbelievable however I am more than happy to share mine. I am currently one month in and the shedding phase has well and truly started.

I will continue to add to this post monthly. All photos are taken at weekly intervals. 2700 grafts for frontal/mid scalp. Returning next year for 1500 grafts to cover the crown. Any questions please just let me know. 

E9D23BA6-E651-476E-B2A3-F3934D1C186B.jpeg

C8066184-9DD5-4C16-A91D-C0A8C87A654F.jpeg

AD46AEBC-8DD6-4665-8236-84A7BB981D0C.png

A135E160-5F8C-4865-85AC-BE2D4BA6DEB6.jpeg

62AEB9BB-AC2E-45CF-B2F4-00A24F9B3339.jpeg

0D61D507-1996-4676-AEB1-F79B4B049B36.jpeg

FEF220E8-6BEB-4F52-ADBD-D07A5DEE4B26.jpeg

3D941735-3787-4ECB-AF0F-989503EF45CD.jpeg

0B9C3FD8-5FCE-4C55-A5C2-F2A760864ABA.jpeg

Skimzee, 
Congratulations for jumping into the hair transplant experience.

One thing, your pre-op photos are really dark. Could it be possible if you could share other photos with better light. Even exterior photos would be great so that we can see how you were looking before the hair transplant?

Thanks for sharing with us!! Cant wait for updates and more photos!

Hey all,

Currently week 7 post operation. Haven’t left the house without a hat since week 3 or so. I can see the hairs slowly sprouting but it’s still patchy near my hairline.

How does this compare to your own experiences at week 7? I believe the shedding has stopped, I no longer have any strands on my hand after washing. I’m off work until the 18th of April, I’m hoping my hair looks fuller by then.

If anyone had anymore questions please feel free to ask. 

S

67960788-E004-4D98-A09E-3A6812FF6F1D.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks as expected at this stage. Redness should subside by the time you return to work and your hair will be longer to cover everything up a little. Hopefully you get some growth in as well but don't worry if not because it's still early. 

I'm a bit confused about something. Why did couto elect to transplant hair to your frontal to top area if from what I gather from your pre-op pics you dont show any signs of hair loss? That area looks dense, I could be wrong though. Were you diffuse in that area?

Edited by dtap

9 hours ago, dtap said:

I'm a bit confused about something. Why did couto elect to transplant hair to your frontal to top area if from what I gather from your pre-op pics you dont show any signs of hair loss? That area looks dense, I could be wrong though. Were you diffuse in that area?

It was a discussion we had in the consultation. Ideally I wanted both procedures done in one go, frontal and crown but he decided against it due to the lack of density on the final result if we spread the grafts. Tbh I think the lighting in the original pictures wasn’t great, you could never see my scalp however I was thinning and would never go out without toppik. I think as with every surgeon their main concern is the hairline and having dense hair for the 12 month pics. You’ll see in January when he uploads my before and after I hope I get similar results to other clients 

thanks a mill for sharing. you mentioned you are off work until mid april. how long did you take off in total for the procedure and recovery? 

i know people go back to work after couple of weeks but i’m trying to estimate when i can realistically go back where it’s not obvious ie less redness, through some of ugly duckling stage, some early regrowth etc so while it might look patchy it wouldn’t be noticeable to the untrained eye… 

also did you do prp , i heard couto recommends it beforehand to speed up healing process ? 

thank you 

On 3/10/2022 at 8:08 PM, jimmyT said:

thanks a mill for sharing. you mentioned you are off work until mid april. how long did you take off in total for the procedure and recovery? 

i know people go back to work after couple of weeks but i’m trying to estimate when i can realistically go back where it’s not obvious ie less redness, through some of ugly duckling stage, some early regrowth etc so while it might look patchy it wouldn’t be noticeable to the untrained eye… 

also did you do prp , i heard couto recommends it beforehand to speed up healing process ? 

thank you 

Hello. I saved up annual leave for a year and a half so I’ve taken off January to April. I couldn’t have possibly gone back to work currently but I am mid ugly duckling stage. I have PRP booked in for April. I’m currently taking fin/Minox/biotin just to speed up the process. I use rose masqueda oil to help the redness. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrators
On 3/9/2022 at 5:29 AM, Skimzee said:

Hey all,

Currently week 7 post operation. Haven’t left the house without a hat since week 3 or so. I can see the hairs slowly sprouting but it’s still patchy near my hairline.

How does this compare to your own experiences at week 7? I believe the shedding has stopped, I no longer have any strands on my hand after washing. I’m off work until the 18th of April, I’m hoping my hair looks fuller by then.

If anyone had anymore questions please feel free to ask. 

S

67960788-E004-4D98-A09E-3A6812FF6F1D.jpeg

Looks very similar to mine at 2 months F0A07D7F-4829-457E-BE36-C18819EA9AF6.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

For those who have messaged me about the donor area. This is roughly 2 months post OP. I’ve been Dermarolling my crown and using Minox twice a day. I pretty much had no hair at all there so I’m really happy with how it looks. Hopefully won’t need a second procedure. This is in natural light from the window! 934A8D38-6002-4D81-AD7B-4AC50291B2B7.thumb.jpeg.b1cbf735d734fcd6989f0cf3c18145f4.jpeg

On 3/13/2022 at 11:05 AM, Skimzee said:

For those who have messaged me about the donor area. This is roughly 2 months post OP. I’ve been Dermarolling my crown and using Minox twice a day. I pretty much had no hair at all there so I’m really happy with how it looks. Hopefully won’t need a second procedure. This is in natural light from the window! 934A8D38-6002-4D81-AD7B-4AC50291B2B7.thumb.jpeg.b1cbf735d734fcd6989f0cf3c18145f4.jpeg

The ugly duck stage is just like the last vestiges of winter before spring. Every spring day brings news buds, new spouts and blooms. It is exciting to wake up knowing things are getting better day by day, week by week.....instead of the perpetual worry and anguish that we, the follicly challenged, have had to bear. HTs seem like the Miracle Gro---bringing smiles and amazement. Cuoto seems to have that magic wand of bringing significant change and density. I might have to learn Spanish! Artistry and skill matter--and that's the way it should be.

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/20/2022 at 3:17 AM, Skimzee said:

Had a bit of a crazy week. Really impressed with the growth, just waiting for the hairline to kick in! Just over 2 months now 4B6A166C-2766-44BE-A0F0-12BE4B05607C.thumb.jpeg.f14f0503f6da577b149c288b4f1f8e9a.jpeg

Growing in nicely 🙌🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey all! Week 10. Think I’m on the way out of the ugly duckling phase however it’s still thin, waiting for the hair line to start growing is becoming a daily stress but I have confidence. Still min 2wice a day, fin, biotin etc. keep up with the questions in the DMs I don’t mind answering it’s just nice to see so many people in a similar situation to what I was. You aren’t alone with your hair stresses trust me 

B514DCE7-6C0E-4047-B4C2-11A93F01F637.thumb.jpeg.62b93204fd31d3e6250fe57328f39a69.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

A4B3DDC0-73C9-401B-968E-2FD8DC94953B.thumb.jpeg.f4ceb9bc66b75475b0a50d77f69dc37d.jpeg

Finally hit the 3 month mark. Hoping it thickens soon however I’ve looked at other 3 month progression pics and I’m happy where I am right now. I’ve heard next month is where I should see substantial growth. Hopefully I can have my first haircut in nearly 6 months! See you all soon 

• 3 weeks later...