FUExpert Madrid. DR Juan Couto experience

Skimzee

• Administrators

Wow recovering nicely.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 hours ago, Skimzee said:

F4D71CBA-C0A1-45AB-BB58-9ADD8B736754.thumb.jpeg.7aed97beaafae63789acf861291386aa.jpeg

3 and a half months! 

looks super, really filling in, congrats ! 

When you were deciding on the two phased approach addressing front and then crown areas, did you and dr couto look at long term planning if in the case some of your native thinned in the next say 10/20 years or you wanted to stop fin  so that it still looks natural etc ? 

thanks 

Edited by jimmyT

2 hours ago, jimmyT said:

looks super, really filling in, congrats ! 

When you were deciding on the two phased approach addressing front and then crown areas, did you and dr couto look at long term planning if in the case some of your native thinned in the next say 10/20 years or you wanted to stop fin  so that it still looks natural etc ? 

thanks 

Hey!

we did initially discuss a plan for my crown in 2 years however I’ve been microneedling and using minoxidil, biotin and I’ve seen substantial growth on my crown so I might not do it now, we will see. I kinda know I may need a second procedure at some point but I think my hair loss just started to settle so I will judge it maybe in 5 years. I kinda know I’m tied to fin forever now but I’ve experienced no sides so far 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2022 at 11:06 AM, Skimzee said:

F4D71CBA-C0A1-45AB-BB58-9ADD8B736754.thumb.jpeg.7aed97beaafae63789acf861291386aa.jpeg

3 and a half months! 

Wow, for just 3 and a half months that is looking SUPERB!!! 🎖

One thing, please, could you share with us a couple of photos BEFORE this procedure, maybe taken out in the sun? That would be great to be able to compare.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience! 😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2022 at 7:33 PM, Skimzee said:

Hey all! Just shy of month four but I was too excited not to share the progress! Natural lighting!70A5E23D-EA02-4AA9-BB52-CDE18F6E9C0D.thumb.jpeg.9ecd9b36d8e768b1abdb28b307a57627.jpeg

This looks incredible for just 4 months!!! 

You will rock at the beach 🏖  this summer 😎

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all! Month 5! All starting to come together now I’m over the moon! Been advised by the doctor to cut roughly an inch off each month to keep growth stimulating. I’ve been brushing once a night when it’s wet to train the hair to slick backwards but it’s a work in progress. I finally got my pre OP photos! I didn’t realise how bad my balding was under the lighting983800A6-6889-4894-AFC7-708C0AE825CA.thumb.jpeg.279d74d382c62b528f5b6047b59c7c08.jpeg

825C4C46-5ED8-4474-88BF-21494DCDDAC3.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, follically challenged said:

Looks great!

Are you using fibers in the pic? Kinda looks like it. Also, are you on fin..?

Which pic in my pre op? I used to use hair fibres everyday religiously. In my 5 month progress pic I’ve just blow dried it. No fibres there at all. 

On 3/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Skimzee said:

Hello. I saved up annual leave for a year and a half so I’ve taken off January to April. I couldn’t have possibly gone back to work currently but I am mid ugly duckling stage. I have PRP booked in for April. I’m currently taking fin/Minox/biotin just to speed up the process. I use rose masqueda oil to help the redness. 

You took three months lol wtf 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skimzee said:

Yeah bro did you see me at 2 months ahahahah. No way was I going work like that 

I'm from London too, does that mean you have no annual leave for the rest of the year. Yeh i had one done recently, but just been soldiering it to the office, I work in the city too lol so plenty of prying eyes. 

2 hours ago, sukh123 said:

I'm from London too, does that mean you have no annual leave for the rest of the year. Yeh i had one done recently, but just been soldiering it to the office, I work in the city too lol so plenty of prying eyes. 

Mine resets in April so I effectively have some left for this year. Trust me where I work it would’ve been a lot worse so decided to just hide lol

3 hours ago, Skimzee said:

Mine resets in April so I effectively have some left for this year. Trust me where I work it would’ve been a lot worse so decided to just hide lol

lol 'you bald twat...don't worry, it's just banter mate'

Can confirm, english people are the worst (Brit here with many years experience)

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/19/2022 at 5:26 AM, Skimzee said:

Hello all.

I was fortunate enough to get an appointment with Dr Couto and I’m now one month post transplant. I know sometimes his Instagram results seem unbelievable however I am more than happy to share mine. I am currently one month in and the shedding phase has well and truly started.

I will continue to add to this post monthly. All photos are taken at weekly intervals. 2700 grafts for frontal/mid scalp. Returning next year for 1500 grafts to cover the crown. Any questions please just let me know. 

E9D23BA6-E651-476E-B2A3-F3934D1C186B.jpeg

C8066184-9DD5-4C16-A91D-C0A8C87A654F.jpeg

AD46AEBC-8DD6-4665-8236-84A7BB981D0C.png

A135E160-5F8C-4865-85AC-BE2D4BA6DEB6.jpeg

62AEB9BB-AC2E-45CF-B2F4-00A24F9B3339.jpeg

0D61D507-1996-4676-AEB1-F79B4B049B36.jpeg

FEF220E8-6BEB-4F52-ADBD-D07A5DEE4B26.jpeg

3D941735-3787-4ECB-AF0F-989503EF45CD.jpeg

0B9C3FD8-5FCE-4C55-A5C2-F2A760864ABA.jpeg

A question I have....implanter pen vs doctor incisions.  Everytime I see a case from couto I feel that because he uses an implanter pen and does not incise the ski. To create slits, the procedure looks less traumatic.  Does anyone else notice this?  There always seems to be less pitting and cobblestoning of the skin. 

Is the reason couto uses implanter pens because he does most of the procedure without techs  vs north America docs who do the incisions and techs then place the grafts in the slits because techs aren't allowed to create incisions due to regulations?

Edited by johnto

7 minutes ago, johnto said:

A question I have....implanter pen vs doctor incisions.  Everytime I see a case from couto I feel that because he uses an implanter pen and does not incise the ski. To create slits, the procedure looks less traumatic.  Does anyone else notice this?  There always seems to be less pitting and cobblestoning of the skin. 

Is the reason couto uses implanter pens because he does most of the procedure without techs  vs north America docs who do the incisions and techs then place the grafts in the slits because techs aren't allowed to create incisions due to regulations?

Personally I have same opinion, with the implanter lion you open the chanel and place the graft in one action unlike open channel and then place the graft. When you see the post op with implanters everything is so clean.

Just now, JoselitoElGallo said:

Personally I have same opinion, with the implanter lion you open the chanel and place the graft in one action unlike open channel and then place the graft. When you see the post op with implanters everything is so clean.

Yes exactly.  I feel that in north America since techs cannot use a scalpel on a patient hair transplant surgeons that use techs here have to create the opening for the hair graft. This causes more pitting and cobblestoning in the recipient sites because it seems to be more traumatic 

• Like 2