Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

On 11/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, JDEE0 said:

Update of the donor area on day 4: 

I'll probably just wait until the scabs come off/something more interesting happens to update again

IMG_3660.jpg

You donor looks untouched!

You are in great hands with Dr Pinto. Thanks for sharing all this information 😉

18 minutes ago, OliverAtom said:

You donor looks untouched!

You are in great hands with Dr Pinto. Thanks for sharing all this information 😉

Yeah, it's pretty much fully healed up now, I can feel some tiny scabs the size of the tip of a pen here and there throughout my donor, but visually I really can't even tell anything has been done and the scarring is pretty much non-existent to the naked eye at this point in time at least. I'm quite surprised really.

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Just realised my last image ended up too compressed and is hardly visible, hopefully this one from today is better:IMG_3753.thumb.jpg.bc3b8526a8741a253cfac739053f7fd7.jpg

Looks very clean. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:48 PM, JDEE0 said:

SURGERY STATISTICS:

RYbjukN.jpg

PREVIOUS SITUATION:

xNAYrRB.jpg 

4JQxw06.jpg 

PogMtCe.jpg 

qSdk9Lw.jpg 

t5Lc31k.jpg 

SURGICAL PLANNING:

rl9QhrH.jpg 

GFiywpf.jpg 

1y2b7Xu.jpg 

5S6DTXD.jpg 

aCLdwVN.jpg 

y0XrE1a.jpg 

ATyNyNj.jpg 

ER9rDZd.jpg 

2NWHl9Z.jpg 

uACfmfx.jpg 

VeQ5IQt.jpg 

SURGERY COMPLETED.
PHOTOS WERE TAKEN AFTER GETTING UP FROM THE STRETCHER AND GOING TO THE PHOTOGRAPHY ROOM AND REST. IN A FEW MINUTES THE PATIENT IS DISCHARGED.
THE DONOR AREA ALREADY BEGINS TO HEAL IN THE NAPE AREA, WITHOUT CREAMS OR GAUZES.

T2hnBt2.jpg 

E67btDz.jpg 

8m3f3Bb.jpg 

aw2E87F.jpg 

uD4aWbl.jpg 

Pb8MWgH.jpg 

aoTtLWg.jpg 

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

Thanks for sharing your case.

In the last 3 years, Dr. Bruno Pinto is, together with Dr. Rafael de Fretias, the most appreciated doctor in Spain, in fact he is the best value for money.

In addition, he is almost the only doctor who currently performs all the parts of the surgery: drawing, shaving, anesthesia, extraction, grafting, and cleaning, and he gives the patients his personal number to control their evolution. And he only operates on 1 patient a day.

And his patient coordinator is very knowledgeable, he was one of the first operated with the FUE technique in Europe 15 years ago.

He is the doctor of the moment.

I will follow your case very carefully.
Good luck.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LatinBald said:

Thanks for sharing your case.

In the last 3 years, Dr. Bruno Pinto is, together with Dr. Rafael de Fretias, the most appreciated doctor in Spain, in fact he is the best value for money.

In addition, he is almost the only doctor who currently performs all the parts of the surgery: drawing, shaving, anesthesia, extraction, grafting, and cleaning, and he gives the patients his personal number to control their evolution. And he only operates on 1 patient a day.

And his patient coordinator is very knowledgeable, he was one of the first operated with the FUE technique in Europe 15 years ago.

He is the doctor of the moment.

I will follow your case very carefully.
Good luck.

Yeah, he is one of the most highly regarded doctors on the Spanish forums along side De Freitas and Couto, although he is actually based in Portugal and not Spain.

He does indeed perform all of the surgery and all of the steps that you mention, and yes, Emilio the patient coordinator is one of the good ones for sure.

Thanks for the kind words

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

Scabs all came off yesterday and this is how things look on day 9 today. Donor area is completely healed and I can barely see any scarring even when I shine a torch onto my skin and look at it in the mirror, but it doesn't look much different than the previous pic so I haven't included one of it in this update.

IMG_3839.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Min12 said:

Out of 10 how painful were the anaesthetic injections?

Not very... I would say a 2 or 3 for the most part, but there were some areas that hurt a little bit more and maybe were a 5 or 6 for a few seconds (it mostly hurts when the solution is injected as opposed to the actual punctures from the needle itself, so it takes a few seconds to dissipate).

It's going to depend on your own personal pain threshold anyway, but personally for me it was no big deal and it/pain in general was never a concern of mine going into this.

10 hours ago, Tokyo13 said:

Thank you for posting 🙂 I'm considering between Freitas and Pinto. How long is his waiting list?

I'm not too sure what his waiting list is at the moment, I waited about 7 months or so, but he may have some cancellations. I booked back in April/May time I think, and I was offered a couple of slots in June that had just opened up due to people cancelling, but I couldn't make it and the next available time was the end of the year (which I took instead). 

When I initially e-mailed, I did get a reply back saying: "Unfortunately, due to the high volume of requests we have been experiencing, we are not providing online treatment quotes until further notice. However, you can schedule a face to face appointment with Dr. Bruno Pinto here at our O'Porto Clinic. At the moment, we are only scheduling consultation appointments from January 2022 forward. If you would like to book an appointment, you can do so by replying to this email."

I replied back explaining I was in the UK and couldn't just set up a face to face appointment and that I was very interested in going ahead with Dr. Pinto. From here I began speaking to the patient advisor, Emilio, who asked for more pictures, videos of my donor, more details of use of meds, family history etc and was told that Dr. Pinto will personally review my case and decide whether or not I am suitable for surgery (due to my age). Once he gave me the go-ahead, I was offered the dates as I wrote above, but I may have been a bit lucky and most might generally have to wait a little longer. 

Not sure if they're still not offering online consultations at the moment, but I would just get in touch with Emilio on WhatsApp or e-mail the clinic If I was you, he's a very helpful guy and will assist you.

Edited by JDEE0

On 12/8/2021 at 8:01 AM, ConnorCrosby said:

It will be extra interesting to follow your journey, considering we hade similar extent of surgeries almost at the same time. But with different clinics.

Looking good so far. Cheers!

Yeah, not too dissimilar of cases (although you were in a better position than me to begin with with a bit less overall hair loss). I'll be keeping an eye on yours too mate!

Edited by JDEE0

1 hour ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, not too dissimilar of cases (although you were in a better position than me to begin with with a bit less overall hair loss). I'll be keeping an eye on yours too mate!

Slightly less loss, but your general hair quality is running circles around mine!

• Like 1

Congratulations! Wish you fast full recovery, probably it's done already :) , so i can now wish you only fast and good progress with growth :) !  Glad to see you did your 1st HT, remember you from few thread's discussions, where you wrote feel  have much knowledge about HT before your 1st HT :)  , and you did it :) ...

Good choice, at my initial research, dr. Pinto from Portual was too 1 of possible choices among dr. Lorenzo, dr. Freitas and sure dr. Feriduni, but waiting list was too long, and i couldn't wait, but dr. Pinto's work is amazing definetely, and 1 of the best in EU.

Your donor's area is great, so no worries for you in future :) ... 

• Like 1

On 12/8/2021 at 1:31 AM, JDEE0 said:

I'm not too sure what his waiting list is at the moment, I waited about 7 months or so, but he may have some cancellations. I booked back in April/May time I think, and I was offered a couple of slots in June that had just opened up due to people cancelling, but I couldn't make it and the next available time was the end of the year (which I took instead). 

When I initially e-mailed, I did get a reply back saying: "Unfortunately, due to the high volume of requests we have been experiencing, we are not providing online treatment quotes until further notice. However, you can schedule a face to face appointment with Dr. Bruno Pinto here at our O'Porto Clinic. At the moment, we are only scheduling consultation appointments from January 2022 forward. If you would like to book an appointment, you can do so by replying to this email."

I replied back explaining I was in the UK and couldn't just set up a face to face appointment and that I was very interested in going ahead with Dr. Pinto. From here I began speaking to the patient advisor, Emilio, who asked for more pictures, videos of my donor, more details of use of meds, family history etc and was told that Dr. Pinto will personally review my case and decide whether or not I am suitable for surgery (due to my age). Once he gave me the go-ahead, I was offered the dates as I wrote above, but I may have been a bit lucky and most might generally have to wait a little longer. 

Not sure if they're still not offering online consultations at the moment, but I would just get in touch with Emilio on WhatsApp or e-mail the clinic If I was you, he's a very helpful guy and will assist you.

Thanks! I was in touch with Emilio and i just booked the surgery for June 2022. Wish me luck