Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

2 hours ago, Tokyo13 said:

Thanks! I was in touch with Emilio and i just booked the surgery for June 2022. Wish me luck 

That's not too bad of a waiting time, it goes quick. 

Good luck, and hopefully you post a thread on here.

22 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

That's not too bad of a waiting time, it goes quick. 

Good luck, and hopefully you post a thread on here.

Trust me waiting for surgery is easy part, doing the surgery too, looking new hairline, healing and that temporary growth is enjoyable part....but man shedding, ugly ducking phase and waiting for hair to grow sucks and time goes by like i'm stuck in even horizon !

Wake me in the middle of the night and i'll tell you instantly which day post op it is hahaha

On 12/16/2021 at 5:22 PM, Spaceguy said:

Trust me waiting for surgery is easy part, doing the surgery too, looking new hairline, healing and that temporary growth is enjoyable part....but man shedding, ugly ducking phase and waiting for hair to grow sucks and time goes by like i'm stuck in even horizon !

Wake me in the middle of the night and i'll tell you instantly which day post op it is hahaha

Haha, yeah it's not very fun once it all sheds and you're worse off than before knowing that it's gonna be a while, just got to put it to the back of your mind and try and forget you even had a HT for a while!

• Like 1

1 Month Update: (well, yesterday was, pictures are from then)

90 percent or so of the hairs have now shed, little bit of redness in the recipient, but not too bad, the flash makes it seem a bit worse than it is in reality, but it's the best way to get high quality pics by myself.

The rest of the pics are of the donor area, I decided to give myself a fade to see how the scarring looks. I can barely tell anything was done and I don't think it will be an issue for me to wear my hair as short as I like going forwards. In the pictures, I have around about a low-mid fade, 0 guard at the shortest that goes into a number 2 at the highest.

I also added in a picture of my donor before cutting my hair, that was how it looked after a month of just leaving it completely alone to grow out. Looked pretty much the same as before surgery, although I definitely have some very mild shock loss  at the top of the occipital area. 

Last picture is one from a week or so ago, just for an idea of the hairline design/height/placement (around 6.2 cm from the middle of my hairline to glabella, and nearly 7cm in the corners for anyone wondering)

Will probably update when things start to grow, or I might do it monthly, I'll see.

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 6:43 PM, JDEE0 said:

1 Month Update: (well, yesterday was, pictures are from then)

90 percent or so of the hairs have now shed, little bit of redness in the recipient, but not too bad, the flash makes it seem a bit worse than it is in reality, but it's the best way to get high quality pics by myself.

The rest of the pics are of the donor area, I decided to give myself a fade to see how the scarring looks. I can barely tell anything was done and I don't think it will be an issue for me to wear my hair as short as I like going forwards. In the pictures, I have around about a low-mid fade, 0 guard at the shortest that goes into a number 2 at the highest.

I also added in a picture of my donor before cutting my hair, that was how it looked after a month of just leaving it completely alone to grow out. Looked pretty much the same as before surgery, although I definitely have some very mild shock loss  at the top of the occipital area. 

Last picture is one from a week or so ago, just for an idea of the hairline design/height/placement (around 6.2 cm from the middle of my hairline to glabella, and nearly 7cm in the corners for anyone wondering)

Will probably update when things start to grow, or I might do it monthly, I'll see.

IMG_4126.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

IMG_4090.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4106.jpg

IMG_4028.jpg

Are you sure you can shave your donor area so soon. 

I think I've read the opposite from other patients in the Spanish forum. 

5 hours ago, LatinBald said:

Are you sure you can shave your donor area so soon. 

I think I've read the opposite from other patients in the Spanish forum. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dr. Pinto wrote on my post op instructions that I can use clippers on the back and sides after 4 weeks (only the donor though, not the recipient). 

Can't find the piece of paper to confirm right now, but I'm sure it said 4 weeks. Either way, my donor area was pretty much healed up after a couple of weeks and the haircut didn't irritate my skin or anything, was all fine. 

9 minutes ago, Min12 said:

How long did it take for Dr pinto to get in touch with you after sending in photos?

His patient advisor, who is great, replied to me pretty much straight away. I sent in an e-mail and was having a conversation with him a few days later I believe.

13 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

His patient advisor, who is great, replied to me pretty much straight away. I sent in an e-mail and was having a conversation with him a few days later I believe.

Was looking at Dr Bruno Ferreira first and now I’ve come across another Dr Bruno who doesn’t have much results posted on English speaking forums. Stuck for choice 😂

Both seem really great and of course Dr Pinto is cost effective.

BTW did you have to stop minoxidil (if you took it) before the surgery and start it a few weeks post surgery?

Edited by Min12

11 minutes ago, Min12 said:

Was looking at Dr Bruno Ferreira first and now I’ve come across another Dr Bruno who doesn’t have much results posted on English speaking forums. Stuck for choice 😂

Both seem really great and of course Dr Pinto is cost effective.

BTW did you have to stop minoxidil (if you took it) before the surgery and start it a few weeks post surgery?

Haha, Pinto has a lot on the Spanish forums, better to look on the tu pelo site as they're organised there and easier to go through. DM me if you want the link/don't know how to get to that site.

But yeah, both are great and I wouldn't really rate one better than the other personally, so just go with whichever you get the best feeling with after research and speaking to the clinics etc. 

I have never used minoxidil, but yes I was asked to stop taking topical meds, if I did take any, X amount of time before surgery (can't remember the exact time as I paid no attention to this request).

Edited by JDEE0

On 12/27/2021 at 3:46 PM, JDEE0 said:

Haha, Pinto has a lot on the Spanish forums, better to look on the tu pelo site as they're organised there and easier to go through. DM me if you want the link/don't know how to get to that site.

But yeah, both are great and I wouldn't really rate one better than the other personally, so just go with whichever you get the best feeling with after research and speaking to the clinics etc. 

I have never used minoxidil, but yes I was asked to stop taking topical meds, if I did take any, X amount of time before surgery (can't remember the exact time as I paid no attention to this request).

Tried searching for it but got random results, would love to get a link.

7 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

Is Dr. Pinto accepting new patients at this point? Both him and Ferreira seem to only be taking initial contact info without offering a full online consultation form...

I believe Ferreira has a $50 fast track fee where he answers to your consultation within 24 hours. If you go down the free route you’ll be waiting for months because of the backlog.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

Is Dr. Pinto accepting new patients at this point? Both him and Ferreira seem to only be taking initial contact info without offering a full online consultation form...

I'm not too sure to be honest, sorry. 

I did cover this on the previous page of my thread though if you have a look, but basically, I also got that same template e-mail response where I was told that they weren't taking on new consultations right now. I just replied back and asked if there was anything they could do, which worked for me to sum it up. 

Trying to contact the patient advisor directly on WhatsApp will be your best bet.

3 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

I did cover this on the previous page of my thread though if you have a look, but basically, I also got that same template e-mail response where I was told that they weren't taking on new consultations right now. I just replied back and asked if there was anything they could do, which worked for me to sum it up. 

Trying to contact the patient advisor directly on WhatsApp will be your best bet.

Thanks for the tip!

15 minutes ago, shadowcast said:

Thanks for the tip!

No worries, actually I should say I'm pretty sure he is accepting new patients, at least if you speak to Emilio on WhatsApp and get past the barrier of their automated e-mail response (if that's still being sent out to people getting in touch, not sure if it is).

@Tokyo13above in this thread has said he just booked in with Dr. Pinto, maybe he can help you out as it seems he has just booked in within the last few weeks.

I'm also booked with Dr Pinto in about 2 weeks :D I question, did he prescribe for you any post transplant medications to take/anti biotics? And how did you sleep after the transplant? Was it ok to lean the head on something? Should I buy a special pillow? And also, did he also tell you to stop medications such as finasteride one week prior to hair transplant?

• Like 1

On 1/2/2022 at 12:19 PM, Falconary said:

I'm also booked with Dr Pinto in about 2 weeks :D I question, did he prescribe for you any post transplant medications to take/anti biotics? And how did you sleep after the transplant? Was it ok to lean the head on something? Should I buy a special pillow? And also, did he also tell you to stop medications such as finasteride one week prior to hair transplant?

Good luck!

I had to take a course of antibiotics for a week, but only because I didn't shave all my hair off. He said that he gives antibiotics in these cases as at least some of the existing hairs are bound to stick to the grafts, and this is obviously going to introduce some bacteria into the mix, so just a precaution really. I don't think you'll have to take them if you're fully shaved, but don't quote me on that.

As for any other post HT meds, not really, he just gives you some mild painkillers and anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) and that's pretty much it. No heavy prescription pain-killers or sleeping pills. Same deal during surgery itself, no valium, tramadol or anything like that, just local anaesthesia and some paracetamol every now and then. 

I just slept flat on my back and was told not to/that I didn't need to elevate my head in an upright angle - would be best to buy a travel pillow yeah, I forgot to do so and the Dr. just told me to wrap a towel up into a tube shape and then wrap that around my neck instead. Worked out pretty well, I just did that and put the sterile covers/blood absorber sheets they give you over the towel. I did that for the first 3 night and it stopped me from moving around at all, after that, I just slept flat on my back for 3 or 4 days on my normal pillow until the scabs came off and I had no issues.

Yeah, I was told to stop medications a week prior to surgery, I interpreted it as just being topicals they were talking about though, so I didn't stop taking oral fin. You'll have to check with the team to make sure as I may have been wrong and might they want you to stop everything.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Good luck!

I had to take a course of antibiotics for a week, but only because I didn't shave all my hair off. He said that he gives antibiotics in these cases as at least some of the existing hairs are bound to stick to the grafts, and this is obviously going to introduce some bacteria into the mix, so just a precaution really. I don't think you'll have to take them if you're fully shaved, but don't quote me on that.

As for any other post HT meds, not really, he just gives you some mild painkillers and anti-inflammatories (Ibuprofen and Paracetamol) and that's pretty much it. No heavy prescription pain-killers or sleeping pills. Same deal during surgery itself, no valium, tramadol or anything like that, just general anaesthesia and some paracetamol every now and then. 

I just slept flat on my back and was told not to/that I didn't need to elevate my head in an upright angle - would be best to buy a travel pillow yeah, I forgot to do so and the Dr. just told me to wrap a towel up into a tube shape and then wrap that around my neck instead. Worked out pretty well, I just did that and put the sterile covers/blood absorber sheets they give you over the towel. I did that for the first 3 night and it stopped me from moving around at all, after that, I just slept flat on my back for 3 or 4 days on my normal pillow until the scabs came off and I had no issues.

Yeah, I was told to stop medications a week prior to surgery, I interpreted it as just being topicals they were talking about though, so I didn't stop taking oral fin. You'll have to check with the team to make sure as I may have been wrong and might they want you to stop everything.

Excellent, thank you for the information. I really look forward for the HT and want to plan for it best way possible. Regarding the sleep, so you slept on your back for the first three days with only the towel around your neck for little elavation right? Would be great if so because I really cannot sleep while sitting upright/having the head completely elavated in 90 degrees. 

And regarding finasteride/medications prior the HT, I think they meant both oral and topical, but I just messaged them to double check.

16 minutes ago, Falconary said:

Excellent, thank you for the information. I really look forward for the HT and want to plan for it best way possible. Regarding the sleep, so you slept on your back for the first three days with only the towel around your neck for little elavation right? Would be great if so because I really cannot sleep while sitting upright/having the head completely elavated in 90 degrees. 

And regarding finasteride/medications prior the HT, I think they meant both oral and topical, but I just messaged them to double check.

Correct, I lay completely flat with the towel around my neck and then just on a normal pillow as usual. If I remember correctly, Dr. Pinto said that there is no need to keep my head upright and that doing so will just make the swelling drain into my eyes (something like that anyway, can't really remember now). Just make sure to do what you need to do to not roll over onto your side, that's what really matters anyway right after your HT, as you will place pressure directly onto the grafts and maybe even scrape them against your pillow if you do so.

I think you're right and they do mean to stop all including oral fin. Not really sure why either way as it's not going to make any difference in the case of oral fin, but listen to the doc over me of course haha.

Edited by JDEE0
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2022 at 8:48 PM, JDEE0 said:

Thanks, had a brief convo with them on WhatsApp so hopefully I will get the green light to send photos and get an evaluation soon, in which case I will be watching your thread closely as I definitely will be going with Dr. Pinto for my 2nd surgery.

• Like 1