Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

@JDEE0 great progress... the latest photos really give a good perspective on how the temples are filling in.

43 minutes ago, JC71 said:

One of the few times I can honestly say the no shave was the right choice. 

Totally agree - most of the time partial shave looks like a dog dinner😁

• Like 1

Some more pics without flash as I realised I haven't added any closeups without yet either... really starting to pick up now and I suppose this is a better reflection of how it looks to the naked eye which might help people looking at this in the future.

Very happy with how it's going, I'll hit week 14 on Thursday.

IMG_9436.jpg

IMG_9437.jpg

IMG_9438.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, ConnorCrosby said:

This is coming in really nice I hit week 14 today myself. I'm not close to your hair explosion but I think it's showtime for me too pretty soon.

Cheers mate - I'm sure you're not far behind me, mine still looks very sparse and thin for the most part if you were stood next to me! Very early days and 14 weeks is just the beginning, your growth has begun too and it will all pick up properly soon

• Like 1

• Administrators

Elvis coming soon

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing early results man. Really pleased for you. I have mine booked in for January next year. Very excited but also really nervous already 😬. Emilio and the team have been really informative and amazing thus far. Trying to work up the courage to take finasteride at the moment.  Are you using minoxidil at all? Or will you just continue with finasteride and nizarol shampoo from now on? 

7 hours ago, Lucianoc said:

Amazing early results man. Really pleased for you. I have mine booked in for January next year. Very excited but also really nervous already 😬. Emilio and the team have been really informative and amazing thus far. Trying to work up the courage to take finasteride at the moment.  Are you using minoxidil at all? Or will you just continue with finasteride and nizarol shampoo from now on? 

Awesome that you have got yours booked in. Is this with Dr Pinto? If so buddy did you get in touch with them over email this year?

8 hours ago, Lucianoc said:

Don't be nervous about the transplant or the medication. I'm booked with Pinto as well. Already have had one transplant with a different doctor. It's a piece of cake if you're going to a quality surgeon. Also, I'm on dutasteride and oral minoxidil and have had zero issues.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Lucianoc said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! 

Just put it to the back of your mind for now would be my advice, I did that and wasn't really too nervous myself up until the night before when I was sat in a hotel room on the other side of Europe by myself and had a bit of a wtf am I doing moment, but I knew I was as informed and prepared on HT's and my choice of doc as anyone can really ever be, so I just told myself to shut up and cracked on with it. You'll be alright and it will come around quick enough.

As far as the fin, I personally recommend everyone to take it or at least try it out - I was also in your shoes once and was scared of taking it, but I just decided to stop being so irrational and fearful of anecdotal extremes and at least give it a go, I've never looked back. If you decide its not for you for whatever reason then it is what it is, but there's no reason to not try it. It will help massively over the course of your life as the years add up. 

I just use finasteride (0.5mg daily) right now, I need to get some Keto shampoo as Dr. P informed me I have Seb. Dermatitis, but I just haven't gotten round to adding it back into my regimen yet. I used it in the past and it just made my hair feel all dry. I think I'll add in oral minoxidil, never bothered with it before (oral or topical), more of just a me being lazy thing again but I'll get it sorted at some point in the near future. 

• Like 1

4 month/Week 16 update (tomorrow) - Day 111:

Tomorrow marks 16 weeks since my HT, tried to provide a variety of pictures to show the current situation. Some are in optimal conditions and look better than reality (to be honest I feel like all the pictures in general look a bit better than reality for the most part, it's at the point where lighting and angles make a huge difference in real life and my opinion on things can change by the hour when looking in the mirror throughout the day).

As I say above, sometimes I think it's coming along great, for example when I'm facing straight on in the mirror, it looks pretty good, but then I turn my head to the side and its completely see through and I feel like I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet. Some of the pictures are in better lighting than others and look much more full, and I have included some of my hair soaking wet and slicked back out of the shower. 

Overall I guess I can't complain and it's coming along nicely for the 16 week mark, just starting to get a little paranoid of whether I will be happy in the end or not, but we will see. The hairs are also really short still and just sticking straight out, probably doesn't help that the surrounding hair is so long and dense and makes it stand out more. 

Let me know what you guys think - cheers!

4 mo 2.jpg

4 mo 3.jpg

4 mo 4.jpg

4 mo 1.jpg

4 mo 12.jpg

4 mo 13.jpg

4 mo 5.jpg

4 mo 7.jpg

4 mo 8.jpg

4 mo 9.jpg

4 mo 10.jpg

4 mo 11.jpg

4 mow.jpg

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

I think you're getting paranoid for no reason. At 4 months you can really see the foundation of hair. Looks to me like you're ahead of schedule to be honest. I'm sure having the different length hair doesn't help though. 

15 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Awesome that you have got yours booked in. Is this with Dr Pinto? If so buddy did you get in touch with them over email this year?

Yes I emailed them at the start of this year. And it is with dr pinto who reviewed my case. And requested I start finasteride minoxidil and nizarol shampoo. They are very professional and helpful. 

13 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Thanks man, I appreciate it! 

Just put it to the back of your mind for now would be my advice, I did that and wasn't really too nervous myself up until the night before when I was sat in a hotel room on the other side of Europe by myself and had a bit of a wtf am I doing moment, but I knew I was as informed and prepared on HT's and my choice of doc as anyone can really ever be, so I just told myself to shut up and cracked on with it. You'll be alright and it will come around quick enough.

As far as the fin, I personally recommend everyone to take it or at least try it out - I was also in your shoes once and was scared of taking it, but I just decided to stop being so irrational and fearful of anecdotal extremes and at least give it a go, I've never looked back. If you decide its not for you for whatever reason then it is what it is, but there's no reason to not try it. It will help massively over the course of your life as the years add up. 

I just use finasteride (0.5mg daily) right now, I need to get some Keto shampoo as Dr. P informed me I have Seb. Dermatitis, but I just haven't gotten round to adding it back into my regimen yet. I used it in the past and it just made my hair feel all dry. I think I'll add in oral minoxidil, never bothered with it before (oral or topical), more of just a me being lazy thing again but I'll get it sorted at some point in the near future. 

Thank you for helping put my mind at ease mate. It is hard when there is so much false information all over the Internet. I do think sometimes people would have just got on with everything before the Internet 😄.  Also any idea where to get oral minoxidil? They said foam etc is a nightmare and to try oral as it seems way more convenient but I cant seem to buy it anywhere in the UK as you need doctor prescription. Don't know if they will give me one as it's for cosmetic reasons. 

7 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

4 month/Week 16 update (tomorrow) - Day 111:

Tomorrow marks 16 weeks since my HT, tried to provide a variety of pictures to show the current situation. Some are in optimal conditions and look better than reality (to be honest I feel like all the pictures in general look a bit better than reality for the most part, it's at the point where lighting and angles make a huge difference in real life and my opinion on things can change by the hour when looking in the mirror throughout the day).

As I say above, sometimes I think it's coming along great, for example when I'm facing straight on in the mirror, it looks pretty good, but then I turn my head to the side and its completely see through and I feel like I'm nowhere near where I want to be yet. Some of the pictures are in better lighting than others and look much more full, and I have included some of my hair soaking wet and slicked back out of the shower. 

Overall I guess I can't complain and it's coming along nicely for the 16 week mark, just starting to get a little paranoid of whether I will be happy in the end or not, but we will see. The hairs are also really short still and just sticking straight out, probably doesn't help that the surrounding hair is so long and dense and makes it stand out more. 

Let me know what you guys think - cheers!

4 mo 2.jpg

4 mo 3.jpg

4 mo 4.jpg

4 mo 1.jpg

4 mo 12.jpg

4 mo 13.jpg

4 mo 5.jpg

4 mo 7.jpg

4 mo 8.jpg

4 mo 9.jpg

4 mo 10.jpg

4 mo 11.jpg

4 mow.jpg

Looking awesome buddy, at month 4 already and looks brilliant. How many grafts did you get per CM2? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JoeMan said:

I think you're getting paranoid for no reason. At 4 months you can really see the foundation of hair. Looks to me like you're ahead of schedule to be honest. I'm sure having the different length hair doesn't help though. 

Thanks for the encouragement man. I know, I probably am ahead of schedule, don't get me wrong I do believe it's going to turn out pretty good in the end, it's just a bit jarring when you look at it in one mirror and think wow it's coming along and then you go into a different room with harsher light and catch yourself side on and it looks completely see through!

To be expected at this stage anyways, I think I've just looked at too many results where people are rocking full growth nearly at this point, but as we all know, it's not the norm at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lucianoc said:

Thank you for helping put my mind at ease mate. It is hard when there is so much false information all over the Internet. I do think sometimes people would have just got on with everything before the Internet 😄.  Also any idea where to get oral minoxidil? They said foam etc is a nightmare and to try oral as it seems way more convenient but I cant seem to buy it anywhere in the UK as you need doctor prescription. Don't know if they will give me one as it's for cosmetic reasons. 

No worries my friend. 

Mr Rolandas did a video on how to get OM (in the UK), but in short, it's probably easiest to ring up a HT doctor and go in for a quick consult where they will write you a prescription. I do have one from Dr. Pinto, but I haven't tried to use it yet, not sure if UK pharmacies will take it or not.

2 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Looking awesome buddy, at month 4 already and looks brilliant. How many grafts did you get per CM2? 

Thanks mate, I'm not sure on the exact number, and it varies from the hairline zone itself to the areas behind it, but I believe the highest density was 55+ grafts per cm2. Dr. P told me this himself as I asked during surgery.

I believe the recipient area measured was 38cm2, so with 2000 grafts, enough for an average of just above 50cm2. But, I had some native hairs left still that were shaved down in a fairly decent portion of my total recipient zone (as can kinda be seen in my pre op pics), so it's higher in some areas as there was already hair in some places, which meant that more of those grafts could be used in other areas for higher density, if that makes sense.

I've attached some pics I took from day 11 post op that I haven't uploaded before, can try and count the density if you wanna:

IMG_3963.jpg

IMG_3890.jpg

Adding a few more pictures from today in harsher lighting (daylight stood right by the window), all with my hair completely soaked out of the shower, hopefully shows the situation a bit better.

Well, the first 3 are actually just in the bathroom mirror with fairly favourable lighting (window on the other side of the room, not face on) and the face on pic shows that my hair looks decent from this angle, but the next two where my head is turned either side show the weaknesses I was talking about. The following pictures after the first 3 are the ones with direct natural light from the window.

Overall though I'm pretty happy with where I am at and think it's shaping up very nicely - I'm confident it will turn out great.

2d6.jpg

2d5.jpg

2d4.jpg

2d1.jpg

2d2.jpg

2d3.jpg

• Like 1

Don't worry, you're set. You will look good in another 4 weeks, can almost guarantee it. Your growth looks very consistent and even, and I think that's really the biggest sign to look for. At 3-4 months I could already see where my problem areas were going to be.

• Like 3