Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

Whilst I appreciate the extremely in-depth, detailed reviews people post, I'd prefer to just cover the basics and then people can ask if they have any questions or want to know anything about my experience so far with the clinic. 

I arrived at half 8 in the morning, we took some pictures of my hair in it's pre HT state, i.e. as I walked in off the street, (both wet and dry), from lots of different angles. Then, we sat down and had a consultation for 30 mins or so in which we looked at both my donor and the state of my overall hair up top through a microscope to check for any potential future miniaturisation that may be coming my way.

This was good news for the most part as Pinto informed me that, although I had some slight signs of thinning showing in a small area of the mid-scalp, it was barely outside the normal range of miniaturisation for someone a few years away from being 30 years old and that the rest of my head fell within the normal threshold for a non-balding scalp. I was also told that I have very fine hair (which I already knew), between 45 - 55 microns, and a total donor supply of up to 8000 grafts (he just said 6000-8000 and I didn't ask any more).

We then designed the hairline for another maybe 30-40 mins in which Pinto was very meticulous on measuring things out and was also very vocal about the importance of natural asymmetries, irregularities, not having the hairline contact the frontalis muscles, and so on. I just went with his design (although he does ask you to draw your own on first to gauge your expectations and see how well he can work with them) as it was close to what I had in mind anyway and he is the expert after all. After this, we shaved my back/sides and about 1.5cm of my native hair in the recipient at the hairline/forelock to give me the Jude Law look I'm now sporting and then took some more pictures for a while and prepped for extractions. All in all, we probably spent 2-3 hours doing all of the above before I even sat in the chair. Lots of detail and pre-planning.

I can say that Pinto is a great doctor who undoubtedly cares about what he does, and whilst my result isn't in yet obviously, I've seen enough patient posted cases of his (mixed in with my experience today) to be able to firmly say that I would recommend him to anyone. He certainly knows what he's doing and has a deep interest in his job (we had a number of chats throughout the day about various hair transplant and hair related stuff which evidenced this fact).

In the end, I didn't need as many grafts as initially thought, which I was informed of at the end of implantation and promptly told I'd be refunded for the extra (2400) that I paid for prior to surgery. Again, alI can say is that Bruno is a very nice guy and a great, skilful HT doc (one of the best out there in my opinion) and that his team are also equally as good and caring. 

SURGERY STATISTICS:

PREVIOUS SITUATION:

D1E99B1B-6FE7-4798-80DC-61F6C7919BC5.jpeg70794FEA-745B-4E40-A3A6-3F82BA616390.jpegEF667095-8180-4B30-8B27-1939F0BFE7D6.jpeg033C0108-95CD-42F2-BBF4-6A03979BA436.jpegD998D1E2-3BD9-4286-A15A-DD3F7BFE37BB.jpeg

SURGICAL PLANNING:

66C1C7D2-3D58-44B5-9856-857CF1D44321.jpeg73562861-6E31-40BB-939F-2DFED689AB89.jpegF40E4873-03EB-47E9-A1DB-64CDBA7E8023.jpeg5A412351-9F14-4E42-832D-0ED748BDFF8D.jpegBDC2A47A-2775-4190-BCBC-065ECD03B1BE.jpeg37C26ACA-DF5A-4A21-93B8-2B60D4F328FB.jpeg203CDACF-CD1D-4A5A-A35C-7995EDD887A9.jpeg46FFDC2E-817F-41FE-957E-50ACB0B3CF26.jpegCB0F88E8-0291-4FDE-AEE6-41DC8AAA4297.jpeg8FDF8C30-EF2B-442C-9973-B517C85E4820.jpeg

SURGERY COMPLETED.
PHOTOS WERE TAKEN AFTER GETTING UP FROM THE STRETCHER AND GOING TO THE PHOTOGRAPHY ROOM AND REST. IN A FEW MINUTES THE PATIENT IS DISCHARGED.
THE DONOR AREA ALREADY BEGINS TO HEAL IN THE NAPE AREA, WITHOUT CREAMS OR GAUZES.

5E852C6A-5577-4394-A58F-2BA1CAD023D7.jpegEA1EDC59-9B58-451C-9054-0D489E0EDF56.jpegE6714B95-576B-4D6A-914F-5F659196BD46.jpeg6773C670-477F-4136-908C-0771176BFDD4.jpeg8814F837-20EC-492F-9239-9DA57CCB4D58.jpeg1CD7B6D8-5311-41ED-8F8F-7BD8F1EC471E.jpeg03BB330A-B51C-4EBB-9E3E-0643E019748F.jpeg

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

• Like 7

• JDEE0 changed the title to Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2070 grafts - Nov. 18th
7 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Congratulations @JDEE0you chose well ! So pleased for you. Nice to know you still have about 6k of grafts still in the bank. Pretty future proofed 😉

Cheers John - haha, hopefully I won't need to use them any time soon

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing, haven't seen many reviews here about Dr. Pinto, look forward to seeing your progress and photos congrats.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Thanks for sharing, haven't seen many reviews here about Dr. Pinto, look forward to seeing your progress and photos congrats.

Thanks Melvin. Added some photos, all I have for now, my forehead is swollen and adds about a cm onto the height from my eyebrows to hairline probably, but I think it's a fair, conservative enough design for my loss. Also just for anyone interested who may be reading, total area was 38 cm/2.

Edited by JDEE0

4 minutes ago, JC71 said:

That’s some really nice work, hairline in particular ! 👍🏽

Cheers! I wasn't too pleased when we had to shave half of my existing hairlines hair though haha, my recession is now looking like double what it was this morning! Maybe I'll end up shaving it all off in a few weeks, I'll see

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looks very clean, I know this doctor is very popular on the Spanish forum, will be nice to have a review here.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

9 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Looks very clean, I know this doctor is very popular on the Spanish forum, will be nice to have a review here.

Yup pretty popular on the Italian forum also. Agreed it’s nice to see a review here 👍🏽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Just got done with my transplant and back to my hotel room, don't really have much to include in the post for now except for some quick pictures that I took whilst I was eating my lunch. I'll add them in later on.

Whilst I appreciate the extremely in-depth, detailed reviews people post, I'd prefer to just cover the basics and then people can ask if they have any questions or want to know anything about my experience so far with the clinic. 

I arrived at half 8 in the morning, we took some pictures of my hair in it's pre HT state, i.e. as I walked in off the street, (both wet and dry), from lots of different angles. Then, we sat down and had a consultation for 30 mins or so in which we looked at both my donor and the state of my overall hair up top through a microscope to check for any potential future miniaturisation that may be coming my way.

This was good news for the most part as Pinto informed me that, although I had some slight signs of thinning showing in a small area of the mid-scalp, it was barely outside the normal range of miniaturisation and the rest of my head fell within this normal threshold. I was also told that I have very fine hair (which I already knew), between 45 - 55 microns, and a total donor supply of up to 8000 grafts.

We then designed the hairline for another maybe 30-40 mins in which Pinto was very meticulous on measuring things out and was also very vocal about the importance of natural asymmetries, irregularities, not having the hairline contact the frontalis muscles, and so on. I just went with his design (although he does ask you to draw your own on first to gauge your expectations and see how well he can work with them) as it was close to what I had in mind anyway and he is the expert after all. After this, we took some more pictures for a while and prepped for extractions, and all in all, we probably spent 3 hours+ doing all of the above before I even sat in the chair. Lots of detail and pre-planning.

I can say that Pinto is a great doctor who cares about what he does for sure, and whilst my result isn't in yet, obviously, I've seen enough cases of his (mixed in with my experience today) to be able to say I would recommend him to anyone. He certainly knows what he's doing, and we had a number of chats throughout the day about various hair transplant and hair related stuff.

In the end, I didn't need as many grafts as initially thought, (I'm not sure on the exact number just yet - but I think it was just shy of 2100) which I was informed of at the end of implantation and promptly told I'd refunded for the extra 330 that I paid for before surgery. All I can say is that Bruno is a very nice guy and a great, skilful HT doc; one of the best out there in my opinion.

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3548.jpg

IMG_3549.jpg

JDEEO 

-dr Pinto s work looks good, and it should be a good result.

Can You tell me how much the doctor himself is involved in the procedure?

Does he do the graft extraction himself

-does he do the channels in the receiving zone?

Are You only be a patient that day, or the doctor still working on someone that day?

How much he charge for a graft?

I will follow Your progres.

I wish You happy and dense growth!

7 hours ago, Suzuki sz said:

JDEEO 

-dr Pinto s work looks good, and it should be a good result.

Can You tell me how much the doctor himself is involved in the procedure?

Does he do the graft extraction himself

-does he do the channels in the receiving zone?

Are You only be a patient that day, or the doctor still working on someone that day?

How much he charge for a graft?

I will follow Your progres.

I wish You happy and dense growth!

Sure, no problem.

He's about as involved as is humanly possible as he is one of the few doctors that performs both extractions and implantation. As a note though, this is not the norm in the industry and doesn't take away from the clinics who delegate to techs/assistants, as there are many great ones out there where the doctor isn't anywhere near as involved...

We actually had a quick chat about the topic somewhere during the day where Pinto said this himself, which I already agreed with, but he made the point that it doesn't necessarily make him or any other doc who is as involved as him automatically better and was telling me how he is a bit OCD and stuff, so he uses surgery as a therapy of sorts for himself as all of the meticulous detail and constant processing/adjusting mid surgery helps to keep him balanced and whatnot. He seemed to really enjoy being as hands on as he is for this reason and said he hates taking more than a few weeks holiday as he starts to miss the discipline. 

Anyway, back to the question, from when I arrived at 8.30AM to when I left at nearly 8PM, I was probably out of the docs hands for a total of 1 hour and that whilst whilst I was eating breakfast and lunch. He's the only pair of hands that touched me all day and no one else is involved in your surgery; he extracts, the nurses clean and sort the grafts under some very fancy microscopes at the same time, you go have lunch, come back and he then implants for the rest of the day.

He doesn't use pre made slits, he uses an implanter pen (Lion for what its worth) and so the grafts are just loaded in as he goes along. He implants whilst the nurses sit beside him and load grafts into the pens simultaneously. He clicks one into your recipient, puts the pen down, the nurse then fills it back up whilst he is at the same time using a different implanter for the next graft and so on. But to answer your question in some way regardless, yes he does all of the implantation. 

He only ever does 1 patient per day, no exceptions. You're the only one there and you have his full attention for 12 hours, he doesn't go off anywhere at any point, like I say, you're only apart during lunch really. He told me that he gave himself a rule a long time ago when he opened his clinic that he only will do 100 patients or so per year, which he sticks to and has no plans of changing. So, he only does a few surgeries a week on average.

I paid 2.6 EUR per graft, prices are currently the same as this still now as far as I know.

Thanks for the kind words, appreciated!

Edited by JDEE0
  • Like 1

• JDEE0 changed the title to Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th
5 hours ago, JDEE0 said:

Sure, no problem.

He's about as involved as is humanly possible as he is one of the few doctors that performs both extractions and implantation. As a note though, this is not the norm in the industry and doesn't take away from the clinics who delegate to techs/assistants, as there are many great ones out there where the doctor isn't anywhere near as involved...

We actually had a quick chat about the topic somewhere during the day where Pinto said this himself, which I already agreed with, but he made the point that it doesn't necessarily make him or any other doc who is as involved as him automatically better and was telling me how he is a bit OCD and stuff, so he uses surgery as a therapy of sorts for himself as all of the meticulous detail and constant processing/adjusting mid surgery helps to keep him balanced and whatnot. He seemed to really enjoy being as hands on as he is for this reason and said he hates taking more than a few weeks holiday as he starts to miss the discipline. 

Anyway, back to the question, from when I arrived at 8.30AM to when I left at nearly 8PM, I was probably out of the docs hands for a total of 1 hour and that whilst whilst I was eating breakfast and lunch. He's the only pair of hands that touched me all day and no one else is involved in your surgery; he extracts, the nurses clean and sort the grafts under some very fancy microscopes at the same time, you go have lunch, come back and he then implants for the rest of the day.

He doesn't use pre made slits, he uses an implanter pen (Lion for what its worth) and so the grafts are just loaded in as he goes along. He implants whilst the nurses sit beside him and load grafts into the pens simultaneously. He clicks one into your recipient, puts the pen down, the nurse then fills it back up whilst he is at the same time using a different implanter for the next graft and so on. But to answer your question in some way regardless, yes he does all of the implantation. 

He only ever does 1 patient per day, no exceptions. You're the only one there and you have his full attention for 12 hours, he doesn't go off anywhere at any point, like I say, you're only apart during lunch really. He told me that he gave himself a rule a long time ago when he opened his clinic that he only will do 100 patients or so per year, which he sticks to and has no plans of changing. So, he only does a few surgeries a week on average.

I paid 2.6 EUR per graft, prices are currently the same as this still now as far as I know.

Thanks for the kind words, appreciated!

Pretty much indentical experience i had at dr.Bruno Ferreira!

Love that OCD part, as well going one patient per day, few patients per week and ~2000 grafts transplant over 10-12h is a proof of work based on quality! 

Ppl should choose doctors wisely and not by the price, donor area is limited!

Wish you a happy and succesful healing qith even better results and early growth :)

11 minutes ago, Spaceguy said:

Pretty much indentical experience i had at dr.Bruno Ferreira!

Love that OCD part, as well going one patient per day, few patients per week and ~2000 grafts transplant over 10-12h is a proof of work based on quality! 

Ppl should choose doctors wisely and not by the price, donor area is limited!

Wish you a happy and succesful healing qith even better results and early growth :)

They are good friends with each other; Pinto was telling me how they used to work together for years and that they even used to (or perhaps still do sometimes, not sure) share nurses with one another when needed! 

I think you probably get a very similar experience with both doctors, and they're both great.

Thanks a lot, same goes for you, I've briefly seen your thread I think, but I'll check it out properly.

• Thanks 1

I went for my first wash this morning and got some more detailed post op instructions from the doctor; interestingly, he told me that the commonly touted rub the scabs off after 10 days if they're not gone advice is wrong, and that I must not follow this (I asked do I rub them off at this point). Instead, he asks you to pretty much constantly send him pictures directly in the first few weeks and he monitors your progress and decides when you should begin working them off based on what he sees. Everyone is different was basically his point I guess, and every person needs tailored instructions. 

He also just rounded the number of grafts he implanted down to 2000 and refunded me for the full 400 which he did not have to do at all and was very nice of him. From what I've read on the Spanish forums, he seems to always do this. If you end up needing a few hundred more than anticipated, the cost is likely to be waived, and if you need a bit less, don't be surprised if you get refunded a little more than you actually paid for. He actually did say he usually does this as a sort of gift to his patients (in a joking but evidently still factual way). 

Here is my post surgery report with the number of grafts and detail of hair counts etc: IMG_3574.thumb.jpg.0045f7ff30804e7339d1dc926038d33f.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I went for my first wash this morning and got some more detailed post op instructions from the doctor; interestingly, he told me that the commonly touted rub the scabs off after 10 days if they're not gone advice is wrong, and that I must not follow this (I asked do I rub them off at this point). Instead, he asks you to pretty much constantly send him pictures directly in the first few weeks and he monitors your progress and decides when you should begin working them off based on what he sees. Everyone is different was basically his point I guess, and every person needs tailored instructions. 

He also just rounded the number of grafts he implanted down to 2000 and refunded me for the full 400 which he did not have to do at all and was very nice of him. From what I've read on the Spanish forums, he seems to always do this. If you end up needing a few hundred more than anticipated, the cost is likely to be waived, and if you need a bit less, don't be surprised if you get refunded a little more than you actually paid for. He actually did say he usually does this as a sort of gift to his patients (in a joking but evidently still factual way). 

Here is my post surgery report with the number of grafts and detail of hair counts etc: IMG_3574.thumb.jpg.0045f7ff30804e7339d1dc926038d33f.jpg

In my case i didn't rub scrabs, during a hair wash they all went in a "slime" state and i just passed gently with finger tips and hand palm over it (as noted in post op hairwash instructions) and it all went down in a 2 headwashes.....i think it was day 8th post op. Alsl it said if by day 10-15 scrabs are still there just let water run over it for 10min.

Since then my transplanted hair had a lot temporary growth, less itching, stiffnes and pain once scrabs are gone!

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Very nice 👍🏼 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 11/19/2021 at 2:21 PM, Spaceguy said:

In my case i didn't rub scrabs, during a hair wash they all went in a "slime" state and i just passed gently with finger tips and hand palm over it (as noted in post op hairwash instructions) and it all went down in a 2 headwashes.....i think it was day 8th post op. Alsl it said if by day 10-15 scrabs are still there just let water run over it for 10min.

Since then my transplanted hair had a lot temporary growth, less itching, stiffnes and pain once scrabs are gone!

I'm beginning to scab up now, hopefully mine go as quick as yours!

8 hours ago, shadowcast said:

Thank you for posting this, I'm very interested in Dr. Pinto's work. In some ways I think he is very underrated.

No problem, and yeah he is. He's highly regarded on the Spanish forums, but until recently has been relatively unknown over here. It's a similar story to De Freitas etc - maybe even just a year or so ago, most people didn't really know too much about him over here. Hopefully we get some more reviews on here for Pinto!