Dr. Bruno Pinto - 2025 grafts - Nov. 18th

JDEE0

• Administrators

@JDEE0

Do you know your hair thickness? Amazing work by Dr. Pinto hats off to him. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Cheers everyone! 

@Melvin- ModeratorYeah, Dr. Pinto said it was around an average of 50 microns or so overall, I assume a little less in the sides/above the ears/nape areas and maybe a little more in the occipital etc, but around about that, so quite fine really. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, Dr. Pinto said it was around an average of 50 microns or so overall, I assume a little less in the sides/above the ears/nape areas and maybe a little more in the occipital etc, but around about that, so quite fine really. 

That's interesting - my hair is a bit thicker than 50 microns, and still Dr. Pinto classified it as "very thin" and as a result told me to manage my expectations about achievable density. Yet your result is looking nice and dense so far.

1 hour ago, shadowcast said:

That's interesting - my hair is a bit thicker than 50 microns, and still Dr. Pinto classified it as "very thin" and as a result told me to manage my expectations about achievable density. Yet your result is looking nice and dense so far.

Yeah he described mine as the same, very thin/fine, although he didn’t tell me to manage my expectations around density or anything. He knew I was fairly educated around hair transplants to begin with so I think he knew that I know what the deal is anyway, but he actually just said it should look good and pretty dense etc regardless when I asked how much of a problem it is in his opinion (having fine hair that is).

I don’t know what your situation is exactly, but my area to fill was relatively small in the grand scheme of baldness at I believe 38cm2, so I suppose even with fine hair it’s not too tall of an order to provide adequate density. Maybe if your case is a bit more area to cover (again i don’t know, I’m asking really) then it makes sense to temper expectations? 

Also, it is coming along nicely and it’s only 5 months so still pretty early, but as I said in my update there are conditions where it doesn’t look so great and lacks density, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I require a touch up of 4/500 grafts to be completely happy, but who knows at this point.

Edited by JDEE0

1 hour ago, JDEE0 said:

I don’t know what your situation is exactly, but my area to fill was relatively small in the grand scheme of baldness at I believe 38cm2, so I suppose even with fine hair it’s not too tall of an order to provide adequate density. Maybe if your case is a bit more area to cover (again i don’t know, I’m asking really) then it makes sense to temper expectations?

Yeah, weird, I don't know. I've already had a pretty large transplant, and it turned out pretty good, so I'm not really worried about it.

1 hour ago, JDEE0 said:

Also, it is coming along nicely and it’s only 5 months so still pretty early, but as I said in my update there are conditions where it doesn’t look so great and lacks density, so I wouldn’t be surprised if I require a touch up of 4/500 grafts to be completely happy, but who knows at this point.

You're only at 5 months! That's still very early. I wouldn't even think about touch ups until you're at 10 months. It will definitely get thicker.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:57 PM, JDEE0 said:

Some more pics from the past week or so where I have some concealer applied and how I generally leave the house with my hair looking: 

17B192DE-0379-44EF-94A3-6C60DA789E8B.jpeg

3DE02819-4995-4605-912D-E943E686085D.jpeg

0C55040A-5096-4E99-A057-94B9948B648A.jpeg

2186D151-9A78-44DD-A873-CE0C8E6483F5.jpeg

Simply unbelievable.

Your look is amazing, and it will be better especially in terms of quality, in a few months.

Doctor Bruno Pinto is definitely one of a kind. The best good value for money of the moment.

Congratulations

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 6:53 PM, JDEE0 said:

5 months and a week update:

pretty happy with where things are up to, it looks full in certain lights and lacks density in others, but I’ve just been using a little bit of toppik spray as concealer which makes it look pretty good in any situation and takes me 30 secs to apply after a shower. 

Hopefully in another 5 months I won’t need to do so anymore, but I think it’s possible I’ll need a very small touch up to be completely happy as my hair is very fine, but it’s far too early to tell at this stage. 

The first 5 pictures are my hair completely soaked/dripping wet out of the shower and combed back, the 6th is damp but nearly dry again just combed back and the rest are my hair dry in the same room but some are right by the window with the light shining directly on my head, so as harsh and can be, with some a few steps back and as you can see it looks much fuller.

Trying to be as transparent as possible and show the realities of how it looks in different situations. It’s easy to make it look great or pretty awful depending on how the picture is taken. 

AD36122D-52A4-43F9-8A66-4080A9754B29.jpeg

2281FAC5-21FF-46F7-BFC3-B87EF2162461.jpeg

A8A7113E-4862-4290-A167-534514237AAB.jpeg

5C1E5374-1F89-40D7-9C16-6A3640557C0F.jpeg

8D161073-484B-4FB2-A580-40659E5257CF.jpeg

117E8556-7952-4F8D-A868-B5C5DC6649DA.jpeg

2E59C24C-4689-4A07-8273-F77857E799D8.jpeg

3C494DE7-6B22-4DAC-8910-30AF5FC66B67.jpeg

85FCFA3B-00CD-47A7-B91C-1E2CBFC51DF3.jpeg

8CE6F95A-2F20-46C2-AD95-93C963170630.jpeg

Marvellous result at just ... 5 months!?!?  Wow!!! When you get to 1 year you will have TOO MUCH hair up there 🤣

And your donor is just amazing.

Congratulations! 🤗

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2022 at 12:56 PM, J-C said:

@JDEE0Be great to see a update 🙏

Hope you’e well mate! Yeah, apologies, I didn’t even realise I’d hit 6 months until I saw your notification here - been a bit busy the past couple of weeks interviewing for a new job and stuff so was a bit preoccupied, I’ll get an update out in the next few days

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any updates? 

Does anyone know where i can get the blood tests done dr bruno pinto needs 2 months before surgery in the UK? Im looking online but i cant find anywhere thay covers all the tests and the blood clotting tests

Thanks. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Lucianoc said:

Any updates? 

Does anyone know where i can get the blood tests done dr bruno pinto needs 2 months before surgery in the UK? Im looking online but i cant find anywhere thay covers all the tests and the blood clotting tests

Thanks. 

Not UK but in Ireland so it might be a similar process. I went to a medical centre with a GP to get them done. I emailed them beforehand to make sure they covered all the blood tests required and then it was a 5 minute consult with the GP there on the day followed by a nurse taking the bloods. The total cost was 75 euro

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

1 hour ago, therambler said:

Not UK but in Ireland so it might be a similar process. I went to a medical centre with a GP to get them done. I emailed them beforehand to make sure they covered all the blood tests required and then it was a 5 minute consult with the GP there on the day followed by a nurse taking the bloods. The total cost was 75 euro

Which medical centre did you use? I was expecting it to be way more than €75! 🙌

I'm in Ireland too & going in October 

4 minutes ago, DairyMilk said:

Which medical centre did you use? I was expecting it to be way more than €75! 🙌

I'm in Ireland too & going in October 

Sweet!, Congrats Nice time of year to get it done! 

I went to Union Quay medical centre in Cork for them. Very reasonable alright! 

• Thanks 1

FUT with Dr. Konior in 2014 - 3814 grafts - Thread

FUE with Dr. Pinto in May 2022 - 3252 grafts

On 7/3/2022 at 9:11 AM, Lucianoc said:

Any updates? 

Thanks. 

The GP surgery London £250