Why Dr Cinik is Bad ?

Hello Everybody.

I was looking for a hair transplant clinic and found consensus on most of the review sites (with pictures so that they are not fake) and most of the cases that feel satisfied with this doctor, but in this forum I found that he is in the list of bad doctors or hair mill as mentioned here, although most of the The members here who have had the transplant are satisfied. I cannot understand why it is bad, is it because the price is not expensive. Or because he performs more than one operation on the same day, is this the measure by which the success of the operation is measured? From my opinion, the more clients, the more experienced the doctor and the technicians.

• Thanks 1

Dr. Cinik's clinic is perhaps the best hair mill in Istanbul.  He has good results, but also not.  You must know that if you prepare to have a procedure in his clinic, you can get a great result in the same percentage with which you can have a bad result.  Cinik works more on quantity than quality, in his clinic no microscopes are used to select the follicular units, so you may eventually find yourself multi grafts in the hairline, the involvement of the doctor is minimal, if you are willing to pay extra equal to € 500, you will be able to open the channels by the doctor, but apart from this and the tracing of the hairline, the entire procedure will be performed by the technicians.  Negative reviews can only be found on HRN, because it is the only forum that publishes (and keeps visible) both positive and negative threads.  This is what you need to know.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

Hello Everybody.

I was looking for a hair transplant clinic and found consensus on most of the review sites (with pictures so that they are not fake) and most of the cases that feel satisfied with this doctor, but in this forum I found that he is in the list of bad doctors or hair mill as mentioned here, although most of the The members here who have had the transplant are satisfied. I cannot understand why it is bad, is it because the price is not expensive. Or because he performs more than one operation on the same day, is this the measure by which the success of the operation is measured? From my opinion, the more clients, the more experienced the doctor and the technicians.

Unfortunately this is not a regulated industry and generalizing is truly dangerous.  "The more clients, the more experience the doctor and..." not necessarily.  I've met what some people call "pioneers" with questionable results, (or no results at all). So, you may have a lot of experience, but if you've been doing it wrong your whole life.....guess what? I guess you do have a lot of experience in doing it the wrong way. 

When we talk about "do the research," we fail to mention all that's entailed.  Yes, review photos of results, and look for cases similar to your own.  But, have you asked the doctor, "where did you learn to do transplants?" Fellowships in hair are hard to find.  There are only a handful in the US let alone with world.  Most clinics will tell you, "our doctor is board certified." In what? Physical therapy? Why would you want a physical therapist to work on you? In a world of technology where even techs are now doing some, if not all of the surgery, it is truly important to research everything.

You brought up "pictures so they are not fake." and while you are addressing something totally different, it does merit making a comment.  The photos should be those of the doctor's work and nothing else.  Some out there show photos issued by the manufacturer of the unit that have nothing to do with the doctor but they use it because of their association.  

Lastly, the Doctor's job is to do what you want but also to keep you from doing things that will result in unnatural work. Mills will almost always end up doing that the patient wants, (hairlines in the middle of the forehead, etc). Eventually - an unnatural result will lead to negative threads.  

• Like 3

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• Administrators

Because it’s Russian roulette with your head. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Because it’s Russian roulette with your head. 

I mean Russian roulette is also Russian roulette with your head but yeah I don't know how anyone can go to Dr. Cinik and not have doubts or an uneasy feeling in their stomach

• Like 1

I respect all the opinions of the members. But I see from a different point , the hair transplant process is not a complicated process like a kidney or heart transplant. It is much easier, the most important thing in this process is to make the hair grow again in the bald place. And preserve as much as possible from the donor area, and transplant some single follicles in the hair line, it is not difficult, bearing in mind that hair transplantation has candidates

Edited by akmhtc

7 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

I respect all the opinions of the members. But I see from a different point , the hair transplant process is not a complicated process like a kidney or heart transplant. It is much easier, the most important thing in this process is to make the hair grow again in the bald place. And preserve as much as possible from the donor area, and transplant some single follicles in the hair line, it is not difficult, bearing in mind that hair transplantation has candidates

If it's so easy, then why do what we refer to as 'hair-mills' such as Cinik and other clinics like him leave so many people with over harvested donor areas, mis-placed/angled grafts, pluggy or comb-like hairlines and so on? It happens to hundreds and hundreds of people every week most likely, and 10's of thousands every year. Why?

Moreover, why do so many clinics that are at least ethical and won't do any of the above conversely just produce very lacklustre, unimpressive results that don't look very good? Donor areas aren't compromised, there are singles in the hairline and so on, but the results are just not very good. The answer is because it is in fact hard to carry out a HT that replicates nature as much as humanly possible.

Your logic is off, and you could simplify anything in the world down to the simple definition of it's process; football is just kicking a ball, being a comedian is just telling jokes, being a good salesman is just being persuasive. Things have nuance in life. Now, I'm not saying that bing a top HT surgeon takes the same skill and 1 in 10 million natural ability required to be on the level of someone like Lebron or Messi, but it's still very difficult and probably compounded by the fact that most are tempted to go down the easy route of churning out mediocrity for money.

Sure, if every surgeon that entered the field put ethics and results before all else, then we would have many more good/great options than we do today, but 99% of HT surgeons across the world do not do this, and in fact do the opposite for the most part. So, from this leftover pool of 1% or so, we then have the few who within this group who have the technical and artistic skill to do top notch work. As a result, there's not many who are really really good at what they do. There are a decent amount who are just 'ok', and there are many more who are terrible/dangerous.

• Like 6

JDEE0@

Of course not, this is not logical that we are comparing examples like the one you mentioned. I am talking about a well-known and famous doctor. I am speaking based on the experiences that have been reported here or on other sites and forums. I did not find many dissatisfied cases compared to the good ones

16 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

JDEE0@

Of course not, this is not logical that we are comparing examples like the one you mentioned. I am talking about a well-known and famous doctor. I am speaking based on the experiences that have been reported here or on other sites and forums. I did not find many dissatisfied cases compared to the good ones

The well-known and famous doctor you're talking about is Cinik. It is very logical, as he directly compares to other examples of hair-mills.

I am also speaking from experiences reported on HRN and other forums, there absolutely are numerous cases of unhappy customers who have not only had a poor result in terms of growth, but have been over-harvested, have pluggy hairlines etc, so I'm not really sure why you're claiming that there aren't many out there.

He also has a fair few decent results too, I'm not taking that away from him, but you're trying to make out that it's a rarity for poor results to come out of his clinic. It isn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

The well-known and famous doctor you're talking about is Cinik. It is very logical, as he directly compares to other examples of hair-mills.

I am also speaking from experiences reported on HRN and other forums, there absolutely are numerous cases of unhappy customers who have not only had a poor result in terms of growth, but have been over-harvested, have pluggy hairlines etc, so I'm not really sure why you're claiming that there aren't many out there.

He also has a fair few decent results too, I'm not taking that away from him, but you're trying to make out that it's a rarity for poor results to come out of his clinic. It isn't.

what is HRN ?

U not very smart if you think this is a easy procedure . Sure it’s not as life threatening like a heart transplant 😝

it’s a surgical procedure that punctures ur skull . 2000-3000k tedious hairs need to be removed n replaced .. U know how long that takes ? N how fragile those hair follicles are ? To do that thousands of times ..

they the clinic isn’t using magnifying loupes n microscopes through the whole process u got a problem .. those tools cost a lot of money , and if the clinic can’t spend money on it, then that’s a problem.. 

• Like 2

I'm not gonna trawl through loads of results to find bad cases, feel free to search through if yourself if he's a clinic you're considering. I don't even know how many there are on this forum, but from the first page of results searching him, here is one:

• Like 1

Cinik is a low cost hairmill with underpaid technicians without any medical background doing surgeries. 
Getting a decent result is like playing russian roulette because you be lucky and get a experienced tech team or get the taxi driver that was hired last week as a technician and end up with a botched hair transplant that will need to be repaired by a proper Doctor (if you are lucky enough to still have donor area available). 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

I'm not gonna trawl through loads of results to find bad cases, feel free to search through if yourself if he's a clinic you're considering. I don't even know how many there are on this forum, but from the first page of results searching him, here is one:

yes this one and egy but the rest satisfied

48 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

i cant find HRN ,, can someone give the link of this website please

@akmhtc HRN = HairRestorationNetwork.
HRN are the abbreviation letters of this forum. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Haha 2
  • Face Palm 1

25 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

yes this one and egy but the rest satisfied

You can’t seriously believe this statement you just wrote about the most famous hairmill in Turkey doing hundreds of surgeries per year with underpaid technicians without any medical background.

• Like 2

I don't know, I'm new and I want a hair transplant. I searched this forum and other sites, and I found in all the reviews sites that it has 4.7 out of 5   exceeded the number of positive comments and some sites like realself, whatclinic and trustpilot

14 minutes ago, akmhtc said:

I don't know, I'm new and I want a hair transplant. I searched this forum and other sites, and I found in all the reviews sites that it has 4.7 out of 5   exceeded the number of positive comments and some sites like realself, whatclinic and trustpilot

@akmhtcTrustpilot, Yelp and Social Media (Instagram, youtube, facebook) is the absolute worst way to research a Doctor!!! 
Aren’t you aware that hairmills copy paste results from top surgeons like Dr. Bisanga and show them on their website and social media??? 
Online websites and social media are very easy to manipulate so any business can easily get 5 starts on these websites.

If you want to research a Doctor the only way is by going to forums like HRN and looking at real patients posting their results since before the surgery until 12 months after surgery. This is the only way we can be certain we are looking at a real result.

Like @JDEE0 showed you on the link below it’s very easy to find real patients posting their botched results from Cinik because they are a HAIRMILL 

If you want a low cost Doctor go to Dr. Bicer or Dr. Demirsoy. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 2