Anyone heard of Blue Magic group in Turkey?

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, JohnAC71 said:

Please just cross out blue magic from your lists/thoughts. And focus on who can give you a good result for your high Norwood level. This is going to be Eugenix which is excellent in the use of FUE/Beard grafts to achieve good results even with Norwood 6/7. 

This! Forget the Blue Magic Mushroom!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

@Portugal25 @JohnAC71 @digi23 I am writing Blue Magic off, I was giving you a reference because now that I am talking to you guys, the sound of harvesting that many grafts does not sound good at all. I was thinking in the wrong way but now I have a good idea how to spot an over promising clinic. 

Good to hear ! Keep us all updated when you do some more consultations 👍🏽

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Before I discovered this site/post, I booked with BlueMagic and now I'm getting really nervous about my treatment having seen the response here. Should I eat the cost and just look elsewhere? Or has anyone actually worked with these people and have results to share?

5 hours ago, Tm2022 said:

Before I discovered this site/post, I booked with BlueMagic and now I'm getting really nervous about my treatment having seen the response here. Should I eat the cost and just look elsewhere? Or has anyone actually worked with these people and have results to share?

Cancel ! Try and recover any costs you can ! And please start a thread of your own so we can help you in making a better choice … so glad you arrived here before going through with it. 

Edited by J.A.C
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tm2022 said:

You could also try messaging the OP @Mir_a_MirHe did log back in Feb ! 

44 minutes ago, Tm2022 said:

What J.A.C said to try and see if you can cancel. If the deposit was low enough, also helps to be able to bite the cost as experience if they don't refund. 

Your donor areas the more precious thing that you do not want to be paying with to the wrong people. 

Blue Magic may have been featured on the BBC but there's no way in heck they aren't ticking the boxes you would of a hair mill that have a sloppy approach to over harvest and not take care to ensure uniform singles are placed rather than more pluggy multi grafts to the front. 

A lot of people unfortunately are suckered in by the flash marketing and lower pricing. They don't quite understand the fact that quality in this case can cost a touch more. 

If you really wanted to, i would put the Eugenix 75 RS + tax package up against anybody in Turkey. In almost all areas you will get a better objective job done. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NARMAK said:

What J.A.C said to try and see if you can cancel. If the deposit was low enough, also helps to be able to bite the cost as experience if they don't refund. 

Your donor areas the more precious thing that you do not want to be paying with to the wrong people. 

Blue Magic may have been featured on the BBC but there's no way in heck they aren't ticking the boxes you would of a hair mill that have a sloppy approach to over harvest and not take care to ensure uniform singles are placed rather than more pluggy multi grafts to the front. 

A lot of people unfortunately are suckered in by the flash marketing and lower pricing. They don't quite understand the fact that quality in this case can cost a touch more. 

If you really wanted to, i would put the Eugenix 75 RS + tax package up against anybody in Turkey. In almost all areas you will get a better objective job done. 

So Eugenix has good techs then?—since they extract and implant in that package 

9 minutes ago, BaldBobby said:

So Eugenix has good techs then?—since they extract and implant in that package 

Eugenix seem like they have a much better standard of training for their doctors and technicians than a typical hair mill from Turkey imo. 

They also have a reputation they've built on ensuring quality. The compromise if you will is that for the price you are getting more junior doctors and techs starting to build their experiences and perhaps that isn't as reassuring to some but if the foundation of training is solid, i'd probably say you have a far greater chance of a positive outcome than in a Turkish hair mill and it looking much more natural for an equivalent cost. 

For even greater piece of mind, there's the Exclusive Package with people like Dr Das etc. who are more experienced now alongside the more senior technicians too for a price bump from 75 RS + tax to 120 RS + Tax. Again, you are paying for the added seniority and accumulated experience of both techs and doctors. Then you also have the higher packages further to help build confidence with the involvement of the most senior doctors and techs. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tm2022 said:

Thing is there are plenty of doctors doing great hair transplant work but they’re unheard of in this forum simply because the patients or doctors are unaware of this forum. This blue magic group clinic could be the same.

If money is an issue, you can instead just do a small grafts transplant say 200-500 etc and see the results. If they make it out alive, it would mean the clinic is good and handle the grafts well, that’s the difference between good and bad clinics, the bad ones murder the grafts because of bad practices or extraction etc. Keep in mind the doctors highly regarded here are super expensive. If money isn’t an issue then definitely go for the couto,H&w, zarev etc

Edited by Euphoria
  • Like 1

Hello, everyone!! Hope you all are doing well. Sorry for not posting in so many months post my surgery. I did get my hair transplant done with Dr. Yaman's team back in Nov and it was a very rough experience. Dr. Yaman and his team themselves were nice but over all I don't think it was a good choice now. I'll explain later, probably in a new thread with pics to do justice.

Coming to the @Tm2022, even though nobody has heard of Blue Magic or has worked with them over here in this forum, now after going to Turkey and seeing things firsthand, I wouldn't completely write Blue Magic off because they do what 100's of others are doing and are successful. I went with Yaman who is a preferred doc of this forum and I had a rough experience. I am not too happy about my transplant anyways. Remember this forum only recommends the BEST and I think that is amazing but this is not the be-all-end-all. 

I agree with @Euphoria there are so many good doctors out there who are not mentioned on this forum. Blue Magic was offering me 2 days of procedure for approx 5000 grafts while Yaman jammed all of that in 1 day and I had 11 grueling hours on the most uncomfortable bed. And that was horrible!!!

During my stay, I saw 100's of names and people getting their procedures from them and they were all good, at least they didn't seem to be having a rough time like me.

Everybody is different and will react differently to the procedure, no matter who does it, EXCEPT if you go with the most elite docs mentioned here who change a lot. If you are tight on the budget and need to get a transplant, Turkey is a good place. If you can go to India, then that is a very good option, but not everyone can go to India. 

Edited by Mir_a_Mir
Spelling and grammar
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

My experience with BlueMagic

Beard surgery. Date of surgery is actually 3 Dec 2021 . BlueMagic asked for at least 12 months to see results. Hence only doing review now.

Positive points:
- 95% single hair follicles used, as it should be for beard transplant.
- low transplanted graft failure rate

Negative points:
- I ended up in hospital emergency on day 4: I was only given 3 days’ worth of corticosteroid medication. Back home on day 4, my face was burning and itching. Sales/customer care told throughout the day it was normal. I could not sleep with the pain and at the end of the day I had to go into emergency care, where I waited until 4am the following day to get another 10 days of corticoids through NHS. I was crying and shaking with pain, and regular painkillers where of no effect at that point.
- BlueMagic did not follow through with treatment plan agreed with sales team: before I decided to go for BlueMagic, I spoke to their representative who, after speaking to doctor, promised a certain coverage of my beard transplant including cheeks, under chin and under jawbone, where I had bald patches. Hair was only transplanted to the face cheeks.
- Nobody speaks English apart from a translator: On the day, doctor drew one area on each side of my face cheeks where hair would be transplanted to. Through the translator, I told the surgeon that was not the plan agreed with sales team, and under the jawbone and under the chin were missing. Doctor said neck was risky, it would bleed a lot, it had a greater graft failure rate in the area, and he could not guarantee results. At no point the translator said he would not touch the area at all. I was lead to believe that was a disclaimer for potential poor results in the area, but it would be done. Even after I sat in the surgery chair, the nurse implanting the hair in a very broken English tried to confirm with me and the doctor that hair would be transplanted to the area under the jawbone and under the chin. He spoke in Turkish, translator said “yes, yes” to me to put me at ease, but NOTHING got done apart from face cheeks. Not a single follicle was implanted outside the drawn areas, which failed to follow treatment agreed with sales team.
- Hair grows with no angle, I look like a porcupine: As transplant started, I felt the transplant hair was not been inserted in any angle whatsoever. I mentioned it to the translator who quickly dismissed my suspicion by saying “they are professionals, Bruno. Trust them.” I did. I didn’t say anything anymore. Now, all the transplanted hair in my face is growing straight out of my face and I look like porcupine. That is particularly visible in the sideburns areas, where the implanted hair meets the natural hair.
- Areas of different density: Particularly noticeable when comparing one sideburn with the other. It is almost as if they used too many follicles elsewhere and when they reached the right side sideburn, they had to spread the last remaining follicles thin to cover the area, resulting in half of the density of the other side. And no, it has nothing to do with follicle retention. It was like that right after the surgery, I took several photos right after the surgery and the following days.
- Non-existent aftercare service: Early in January I spoke to sales team who promised aftercare customer service team would give me a call to deal with my complain. It has been 2 months and no one contacted me.
Bottomline: I will have to pay another clinic to try to fix what BlueMagic did and finish the job they did not do under my jawbone and under my chin.

• Sad 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/28/2023 at 12:39 AM, BrAPM said:

Hi BrAPM. 

How are your results at this stage. How are you feeling about it all?!

Hope you are well and feeling better after those months. 

My experience with BlueMagic

Beard surgery. Date of surgery is actually 3 Dec 2021 . BlueMagic asked for at least 12 months to see results. Hence only doing review now.

Positive points:
- 95% single hair follicles used, as it should be for beard transplant.
- low transplanted graft failure rate

Negative points:
- I ended up in hospital emergency on day 4: I was only given 3 days’ worth of corticosteroid medication. Back home on day 4, my face was burning and itching. Sales/customer care told throughout the day it was normal. I could not sleep with the pain and at the end of the day I had to go into emergency care, where I waited until 4am the following day to get another 10 days of corticoids through NHS. I was crying and shaking with pain, and regular painkillers where of no effect at that point.
- BlueMagic did not follow through with treatment plan agreed with sales team: before I decided to go for BlueMagic, I spoke to their representative who, after speaking to doctor, promised a certain coverage of my beard transplant including cheeks, under chin and under jawbone, where I had bald patches. Hair was only transplanted to the face cheeks.
- Nobody speaks English apart from a translator: On the day, doctor drew one area on each side of my face cheeks where hair would be transplanted to. Through the translator, I told the surgeon that was not the plan agreed with sales team, and under the jawbone and under the chin were missing. Doctor said neck was risky, it would bleed a lot, it had a greater graft failure rate in the area, and he could not guarantee results. At no point the translator said he would not touch the area at all. I was lead to believe that was a disclaimer for potential poor results in the area, but it would be done. Even after I sat in the surgery chair, the nurse implanting the hair in a very broken English tried to confirm with me and the doctor that hair would be transplanted to the area under the jawbone and under the chin. He spoke in Turkish, translator said “yes, yes” to me to put me at ease, but NOTHING got done apart from face cheeks. Not a single follicle was implanted outside the drawn areas, which failed to follow treatment agreed with sales team.
- Hair grows with no angle, I look like a porcupine: As transplant started, I felt the transplant hair was not been inserted in any angle whatsoever. I mentioned it to the translator who quickly dismissed my suspicion by saying “they are professionals, Bruno. Trust them.” I did. I didn’t say anything anymore. Now, all the transplanted hair in my face is growing straight out of my face and I look like porcupine. That is particularly visible in the sideburns areas, where the implanted hair meets the natural hair.
- Areas of different density: Particularly noticeable when comparing one sideburn with the other. It is almost as if they used too many follicles elsewhere and when they reached the right side sideburn, they had to spread the last remaining follicles thin to cover the area, resulting in half of the density of the other side. And no, it has nothing to do with follicle retention. It was like that right after the surgery, I took several photos right after the surgery and the following days.
- Non-existent aftercare service: Early in January I spoke to sales team who promised aftercare customer service team would give me a call to deal with my complain. It has been 2 months and no one contacted me.
Bottomline: I will have to pay another clinic to try to fix what BlueMagic did and finish the job they did not do under my jawbone and under my chin.

Guys, I am now looking at their YouTube channel. They for sure invest a plot in marketing. 

Do you think they would pay or somehow hire all those people to talk about their experiences this way?!

Btw, I found few people in the videos on social media and some seem to look fine IMO when it comes to the results they have now 4 or 2 years after. 

What are your thoughts?!

On 3/7/2023 at 1:36 AM, BaldBobby said:

Their sales team is super aggressive. 

Well, I found the recommendations here about Eugenix in India and already contacted them. They were also very quick to respond and making similar efforts to book my session as BlueMagic is. Can you please specify what do you mean, is there anything in particular special about them?

Cheers

13 hours ago, Kimi said:

Guys, I am now looking at their YouTube channel. They for sure invest a plot in marketing. 

Do you think they would pay or somehow hire all those people to talk about their experiences this way?!

Btw, I found few people in the videos on social media and some seem to look fine IMO when it comes to the results they have now 4 or 2 years after. 

What are your thoughts?!

You read the account above where surgery resulted in a trip to the hospital.

They're a hair mill and not on the recommended list.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I'd choose a doctor involved procedure at a different clinic personally 

I'm sure the YouTube testimonials are true. However, a broken clock is right twice a day, and hair mills do have high patient volumes.

3 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

You read the account above where surgery resulted in a trip to the hospital.

They're a hair mill and not on the recommended list.

Ultimately it's your choice, but I'd choose a doctor involved procedure at a different clinic personally 

Sure I do. 

IMO this could happen and happens in all clinics. I am trying to gather more information on them. I hope that we can generate some more real experiences from them. 

Cheers

19 minutes ago, Kimi said:

Sure I do. 

IMO this could happen and happens in all clinics. I am trying to gather more information on them. I hope that we can generate some more real experiences from them. 

Cheers

There aren't many or their patients on this site since most people learn there are better options than hair mills.

While I agree all clinics have surgeries that don't go to plan, what is more important is how they respond to help their patients. It doesn't sound like their after care was great in this case.

Have you determined - how many patients they treat a day, the involvement of a doctor in the procedure, the experience of their staff, their experience and results of dealing with hair loss situations similar to your own?

Edited to add: I've just looked at the YouTube site you mentioned. They talk about giving 6000 grafts in one procedure to someone 26 years old.

To me, that's a red flag in itself and very questionable ethics.

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kimi said:

https://www.youtube.com/@bluemagicgroup-hairtranspl4446/videos

What are your thoughts?!

The Turkish hair mills get advertising money from their government.  We've seen obvious fake reviews going on.  If you are looking for affordable FUE now's a good time compared to 15 years ago when you joined the forum.

• Wow 1

11 hours ago, AB2000 said:

The Turkish hair mills get advertising money from their government.  We've seen obvious fake reviews going on.  If you are looking for affordable FUE now's a good time compared to 15 years ago when you joined the forum.

the government gives them money or just tax write offs?

1 hour ago, BaldBobby said:

the government gives them money or just tax write offs?

If you Google 'turkey incentivises medical tourism' you will see what they provide (and it ranges from grants to pay for premises to subsidising attending conferences and marketing).

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Thanks 1