Anyone heard of Blue Magic group in Turkey?

Hello everyone,

I've been reading the forums at HairRestorationNetwork after stumbling upon this amazing site for a few days now and my mind is blown, in the most positive way. So before I proceed, I thank all the folks who give their time in helping others by sharing their experiences and opinions. 

My brother got HT with Dr. Koray Erdogan ASMED last year and while his hairline is decent, the crown area is almost left as is. So when I started researching HT for myself, I immediately eliminated Dr. Koray after some initial evaluation. He is good, I guess, but not worth the price in my view. 

Now, since I wanted to take my parents for vacation to Istanbul, I figured I can probably get my HT and get 2 birds with one stone.

After a bit of research, I've finally shortlisted a few clinics and wanted your feedback as to what you think of these Drs and clinics.

1. Blue Magic Group www.bluemagicclinic.com --> Dr. Serkan Kemal & Dr. Selahattin Tulunay. 

YouTube Channel: 

Instagram: 

Bloomberg QuickTake on YouTube: 

Why I am considering them, well

a. the consultant I am speaking with has provided me with a ton of information, practically answered every question I had.

b. Featured in a Bloomberg, seems like a good Hair Mill is anything..lol

c. Offering me 5500-6000 grafts via the DHI method in 2 days

d. Cost is 3850€

e. Very clear and transparent communication and everything looks good, a little too good to be true in fact. 

f. Initial assessment done by the doctor after he looked my pics. This is not usual, but its great if its true.

But when I looked up on TrustPilot and other there were some that explained all that I am seeing right now, in terms of communication and transparency but it turns out that the 2 people who posted the reviews had the most horrible experience.

So I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of this place Blue Magic Group in Turkey?

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed links
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

e. Very clear and transparent communication and everything looks good, a little too good to be true in fact

If we start in this direction think, this not smell like reputable clinic, but must not be true, say by my research experience... Suggest you that your research for good clinic goes in way to check list of recommended clinics - doctors here, check result of those recommended clinis in par of forum where members post their own experiences...

Check is here any thread about that "Blue Magic Group" clinic here... If not here, try find forums with people who did HT in that clinic, and who posted 1-10m results, not 1x  thread, but more them, as when 1-2x, can be "motivated" patients by clinics, where give patiens discount to post results, or can be clinic's-bots, etc.

Check who will do HT, doctor or technician, and which part doctor, which tehnicians. Check how many patients they do HT per day, if it's like 5-10-20x , good chance it's hair mill clinic.

Their name "blue magic" personally  doesn't smell good to me :) , sounds like some seller of magic and not clinic :) ...  However, this i said must not mean anything, just my opinion, so try research more about clinic, yt-inst-etc not right places, good communication-fast answers, too,  as most of hair mill before HT have great communicaiton , fast whatsapp answers, mails, and after HT, low response, and if problems, again slow or no response...

Stay far, far away. Never heard of them, but they're your average, nondescript Turkish hair-mill clinic (I looked them up, but I didn't need to in order to know this). Essentially, you'll be performed on by god knows who with god knows what experience level (it's probably not very much).

You need to do a lot more research my friend, don't even entertain the idea of going here. Here is a general list of the top clinics (curated by and agreed upon by a number of knowledgable forum members) and their price points. Of course, keep looking as there are certainly more clinics in the world that are good and not on here, but this list contains 90 percent of the clinics I would personally choose/recommend (at least in Europe): https://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/topic/61215-top-doctors-table-prices-technique-doctor-involvement/?tab=comments#comment-605849

I personally consider everyone from Ximena Vila and beyond on this list to be world class and realistically generally equal in terms of skill; can't really go wrong with any of them. I would forget the cheaper options below and contact the rest of the docs from Ximena onwards.

• Like 1

Thank you both @blackislbackand @JDEE0 . I appreciate your input. The name is a big throw off for sure. But man, I have to say these HT mills in Turkey are unbelievably deceptive. I mean to what extent do they even go to in proving they are genuine. For many the amount of research most of the people who visit forums like this is not possible.

I think I am going to reach out to Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Bicer as they seem to be very reliable and trusted by a lot of folks here.

Thanks again.

And BTW G-reviews, Trustpilot and similary = not right way find good clinic, as x times proven by x of clinics, specially hair mill clinics pay such reviews, where you see guys who posted-bots, with only 1 message ever, and reviews with x same messages, and x other combinations... Be warry about such "magic" reviews which attract at the moment our minds, but behind is whole machinery of bots and paid reviews, scam,fake reviews...

1 minute ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

Thank you both @blackislbackand @JDEE0 . I appreciate your input. The name is a big throw off for sure. But man, I have to say these HT mills in Turkey are unbelievably deceptive. I mean to what extent do they even go to in proving they are genuine. For many the amount of research most of the people who visit forums like this is not possible.

I think I am going to reach out to Dr. Demirsoy and Dr. Bicer as they seem to be very reliable and trusted by a lot of folks here.

Thanks again.

I would personally really recommend doubling your budget to the Spanish/Portugese Dr's in the table who charge between 2.5-3 EUR per graft. 

Bicer and Demirsoy are ok sure, but go for great instead in my opinion. 

And yes, you really need to come across these forums and spend at least a few months researching to get an idea of how the industry is, but once you do, you can spot a hair mill a mile off and you get to know the vast majority of the good clinics that the world has to offer, simply because there really aren't many. 

2 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

Thanks again.

Agree, that's difficult sometimes for people who didn't research deeper this area, can be difficult to make difference hair mill vs non-hair mill clinics... But you know, it's about head, hair, health, body, whatever, and we have to give more effort than 1-2 days find right clinic, some people spent 3-6 months by researching this matter before decide which clinic to book.

I was near to book 1-2x hair mill too, by fortunately found HRN and learned much, and now i'm on road to book good clinic in EU or TR, depend of my plans, as here is much TOP resources, posted threads with real results where you follow  real-time cases 1-12 months, not 1 , but more,  big knowledge base of tons articles, interviews , answers of doctors, top clinics, etc. , so think quite enough to find "right" one.

If you prefere Turkey, there is few other doctors too, HLC, dr. Pekiner, dr. Kevser, and maybe few other, but more experienced members can suggest some other in TR.

dr. Resul Yaman -  seems ago was solid results, nowdays saw here many members with not so good results, but you can research here at forum and check actual threads of members experiences and judgy by yourself, and now seems there daily 4-5x HT

dr. Serkay Aygin - big hair mill, technician perform HT, it's hair mill type where 10-20x daily,and rare case doctor perform HT.

2x last didn't hear , but check here at forum, or stick to those from list, if you look for cheap and not so well proven results, it's wrong strategy, better stick to the recommend list, or check more threads by yourself, until you check 10-15x threads, and speend very good time on such things, and feel by yourself is something ok for you or not, and then ask experienced member here for opinion , otherwise you look for in wrong way...

For ex. only 1x search button for Dr. Selahattin Tulunay from OP, 

and this doctor Dr. Selahattin Tulunay found in x clinics like mentioned , even he never did HT in those clinics, but just use his as name :) , this in this ex. enough say what kind clinics is Blue Magic for ex, same way you can use search button and check those clinics you asked , for 1st two gave you answers, last  2 try by yourself spend more time in reading-checking ;) .

I'm new here, and 10 days spent only on reading 2-3 doctors i decide to be in top of my choice, and still i read... As @JDEE0 suggested you above, spend few months to research and find good clinics, at least 1-2 months, no hurry up, there is no magic button to say 100% this doctor is right for you, but by my opinion it is own researching , spending much time in reading here HRN and some other forums, and consulting with experienced members, and then make decision.

• Administrators
48 minutes ago, blackislback said:

And BTW G-reviews, Trustpilot and similary = not right way find good clinic, as x times proven by x of clinics, specially hair mill clinics pay such reviews, where you see guys who posted-bots, with only 1 message ever, and reviews with x same messages, and x other combinations... Be warry about such "magic" reviews which attract at the moment our minds, but behind is whole machinery of bots and paid reviews, scam,fake reviews...

Never EVER go by trust pilot or these anonymous sites, it’s 9/10 complete garbage. This is why our site is so valuable. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

8 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Never EVER go by trust pilot or these anonymous sites, it’s 9/10 complete garbage. This is why our site is so valuable. 

Thanks Melvin. This is so overwhelming!!!! And frankly I am so disappointed and discouraged right now. I was all excited and ready to pack my bags for Turkey soon. 

But here is a question, all these hair mills, what about all the videos and pics they post? Are they all fake? Someone must be getting HT from them and I know it a gamble, a big risky one, but there must be some results right? Some one must be getting it right, no? These mills are probably proving okay for some people no?

Its unbelievable that these places have TONS of content on YouTube and Instagram, it can't be all fake, is it?

Edited by Mir_a_Mir
  • Sad 1

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

Thanks Melvin. This is so overwhelming!!!! And frankly I am so disappointed and discouraged right now. I was all excited and ready to pack my bags for Turkey soon. 

But here is a question, all these hair mills, what about all the videos and pics they post? Are they all fake? Someone must be getting HT from them and I know it a gamble, a big risky one, but there must be some results right? Some one must be getting it right, no? These mills are probably proving okay for some people no?

Its unbelievable that these places have TONS of content on YouTube and Instagram, it can't be all fake, is it?

Do people win in Vegas? Sure, it’s inevitable. Do I believe some of these technicians are good? Yes, but the problem is that there’s no way of knowing who you’re gonna get, you’re basically playing roulette with your head. If you want to go to Turkey check out Dr. Bicer, shes reasonably priced and does the work herself. 
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Demirsoy and Bicer are both good choices, sure they might not be the elite of the elite but they're more than likely to deliver a very satisfactory result. Forget the Magic Roundabout clinic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BLE123 said:

Demirsoy and Bicer are both good choices, sure they might not be the elite of the elite but they're more than likely to deliver a very satisfactory result. Forget the Magic Roundabout clinic.

Haha....Magic RoundAbout...that was funny. Yeah, I am not really leaning towards it.

7 minutes ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Do people win in Vegas? Sure, it’s inevitable. Do I believe some of these technicians are good? Yes, but the problem is that there’s no way of knowing who you’re gonna get, you’re basically playing roulette with your head. If you want to go to Turkey check out Dr. Bicer, shes reasonably priced and does the work herself. 
https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/physician/Turkey/Ozlem-Bicer/694

You are correct Melvin, and like even I mentioned it is a gamble, especially with our health.

But I have to say one thing though. As I mentioned my brother got his HT from ASMED last year and paid 11K and even Dr. Koray did the same procedure, only made incisions and the rest was done by his team. His results are good, but not the best. And Dr. Koray is considered as a good doctor in Turkey.

I spoke to Dr. Bicer's office and yes I would like that. Will try Demirsoy as well.

And reading the forums, I stumbled upon Dr Nader from Mexico. He seems good as well. Will contact his office and see what they have to say in terms of procedures and prices.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

You are correct Melvin, and like even I mentioned it is a gamble, especially with our health.

But I have to say one thing though. As I mentioned my brother got his HT from ASMED last year and paid 11K and even Dr. Koray did the same procedure, only made incisions and the rest was done by his team. His results are good, but not the best. And Dr. Koray is considered as a good doctor in Turkey.

I spoke to Dr. Bicer's office and yes I would like that. Will try Demirsoy as well.

And reading the forums, I stumbled upon Dr Nader from Mexico. He seems good as well. Will contact his office and see what they have to say in terms of procedures and prices.

Dr. Erdogan was once considered the best, but his reputation took a hit after he opened his new clinic and adopted the hair mill model. He’s probably the best of the mills, but no longer the best. 

Here’s my big point, if you’re looking at surgeons based on cost, best not to get surgery at all. Results must be the deciding factor, not whether you can afford them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

View my thread

1 minute ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

Erdogan/ASMED are considered to be a hair mill these days and have been for a while - perhaps a slightly more high end model, yes, but a hair mill nonetheless and they are generally viewed with the same negativity as the rest by most on here (including myself). They were good a while ago before they shifted into the model they currently operate under, but those days are long gone. 

No need to risk things with an unknown clinic who's only credentials to go off are google reviews, there are a number of vetted doctors here at pretty much every price range, so don't be a guinea pig for no reason. Take advantage of others before you who have figured out who's good over the years..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Melvin- Moderator said:

Dr. Erdogan was once considered the best, but his reputation took a hit after he opened his new clinic and adopted the hair mill model. He’s probably the best of the mills, but no longer the best. 

I think as a surgeon, there is no dispute he is good - he is well regarded amongst and by some of the greats such as Lorenzo, Bisanga etc. - however his clinic is a shambles. As Melvin said, the hair mill model is a good cash cow, but terrible for patients and results. 

It's a shame he's sold out, and I hope many other good surgeons learn from Dr Koray's mistakes.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JDEE0 said:

Erdogan/ASMED are considered to be a hair mill these days and have been for a while - perhaps a slightly more high end model, yes, but a hair mill nonetheless and they are generally viewed with the same negativity as the rest by most on here (including myself). They were good a while ago before they shifted into the model they currently operate under, but those days are long gone. 

No need to risk things with an unknown clinic who's only credentials to go off are google reviews, there are a number of vetted doctors here at pretty much every price range, so don't be a guinea pig for no reason. Take advantage of others before you who have figured out who's good over the years..

You are so correct about not being a guinea pig, I definitely don't want to be on for sure. As for the vetted doctors list, I guess you are referring to the list the @blackislbackinitially posted. I mean from that, I guess the only ones I can probably try are Br. Bicer, Dr Dermisoy and then Eugenix since going to India will not be a problem for me.

Was there anyone else who you were referring to? What about Dr. Nader from Mexico?

In Turkey we must distinguish: hair mills and pseudo-clinics.  The first ones are those who get to do up to 20 procedures a day, procedures in which the doctor is not involved at all, except to draw the hairline or, by paying a surplus, you can get the surgeon to do only the incisions, but the whole procedure is done by the technicians, that if it suits you, you will get a good result, but if it goes wrong, you are ruined.  So by choosing to go to these hair mills, you play Russian roulette.  Then there are the pseudo clinics, in Turkey there is no control by the authorities, anyone can open a website, writing that it is a hair restoration clinic, rent operating rooms in Istanbul hospitals, hire waiters or taxi drivers and have the procedure carried out. This Blue Magic Group, that you mentioned, I think is one of these pseudo clinics.

Edited by Egy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Mir_a_MirGlad you arrived here before choosing the Black Magic Roundabout 😂 You have been given excellent advice and some really good suggestions for decent Drs/Clinics. Let us all know how you get on after consulting some of them. 

Hi @JohnAC71 what doctors are you recommending?

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

But here is a question, all these hair mills, what about all the videos and pics they post? Are they all fake?

I don't know anything about this Blue Magic clinic that is mentioned here, but there have been numerous cases pointed out in these forums of clinics showing photos from other clinics and trying to pass them off as their own work, so yes the photos and videos can be fake.

• Like 2

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

4 minutes ago, Mir_a_Mir said:

Hi @JohnAC71 what doctors are you recommending?

Well the usual ones are Dr Bicer, HLC, Keser, Pekiner and the more affordable but still not hair mill territory are Dr Demirsoy and Dr Yaman. ASMED is a tough call as it’s really a hair mill model these days, but still has the option of Dr Erdogan doing the channel opening/Incisions. But for the extra cost you may as well choose a European option.