My upcoming surgery with Eugenix of India and Dr. Arika Bansal

• 4 weeks later...

Well, 'tis the season and in the spirit of giving, I now give you my 7 week, post-op, ugly duckling phase pic.

My Christmas colours for this year are: red for the colour of my scalp, which would make Rudolph's nose seem pale in comparison; and green for my amateur emotional preparedness for this really grotesque period of the hair transplant process.

Happy Holidays, y'all. For those travelling, be safe and vigilant. 

IMG_20211201_112554375_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Oral minox 2.5 mg per day

Dutasteride 0.5 mg every other day

Topical RU every day (crown area only)

LLLT daily (30 mins, 10 cm distance)

In the last 4 weeks, I have added warm/cold scalp therapy and an apple cider vinegar rinse. I alternate between 30 seconds on warm water, 30 seconds of cold water to the scalp area and follow that cycle 3 times, then I apply a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar to scalp for 2 minutes, then rinse, shampoo, rinse.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kirkland said:

From this:

KccF8Q0FEv_hZWD-vkSbVbRc60WWx6jhBdDue6oW1dSbw4c2vc43CNK3IK7q497wfF5erFd1mr-es5NpsJei0KqniBAnV3cFiaFPeMNNu_a_y9umNrJ1oMpypDYPXZZfN8JoIYzp

To this:

DH24AF8UpJw730k3EFveytukX2oUBj0ny19QzfM5cfIGaVnc3nIpgNEFh48lmuXblq3iP8XtJ0J--r3WY2W1yS_-dEEcPyr5xp9wsaqx-z_u0EwZcy2YAb2Dm7VZl_8EjhBWG7KP

in 3 months.

DAMN!!!!

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 1/13/2022 at 11:07 AM, kirkland said:

In the last 4 weeks, I have added warm/cold scalp therapy and an apple cider vinegar rinse. I alternate between 30 seconds on warm water, 30 seconds of cold water to the scalp area and follow that cycle 3 times, then I apply a diluted solution of apple cider vinegar to scalp for 2 minutes, then rinse, shampoo, rinse.

Awesome progress so far friend. I'm curious about this regimen. Are you seeing if it helps with growth?

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, update time - week 18. I've been letting my hair grow out (obviously) and it's such an awkward phase. My native hairs, which I haven't seen this much of in over 25 years(!!!!!) are just like my transplants - so wiry and thick and does its own thing. Gonna wait another week and go to the barber for the first time in that many years too.

Experimented with fibers for the first time last week. I can now appreciate how much they add volume but I chose the wrong colour and, under bright lights, it didn't look quite right. Got to be crafty and judicious with that stuff.

These are my week 17 shots:

20220208_170548_3.jpg

20220208_171457_2.jpg

• Like 2

@kirkland, yes the wiry, any direction hairs in the early phase will make your head spin from a styling standpoint, but just having the hair to style is more than any of us hair nerds could ever ask for I suppose.🤣 I loved your idea for a hairstyle that you posted on my thread. I have a barber's appointment tomorrow and may go for something very close to it. It has also been close to 30 years since I've been to a barber.😅You are not alone brother!

Looks amazing for only 4.5 months in. Keep it going with your daily regimen, it is clearly working beyond expectation!

Edited by MazAB
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kirkland said:

These are shots from today:

20220217_182915.jpg

20220217_182753_2.jpg

Let them grow out. Get a trim on the sides but let the hair at the top grow out. 

• Like 3

Official representative of Eugenix Hair Sciences

Dr. Arika Bansal & Dr. Pradeep Sethi

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5crlGyTac2hlU1gHneADzQ

• Valued Contributor

Ian in just the last month you have come leaps and bounds in growth! It must feel incredible to not only forget about the red blemish but to also have that amount of hair again! Extremely happy for you man and you still have months of growth ahead of you! 👌

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gatsby said:

Ian in just the last month you have come leaps and bounds in growth! It must feel incredible to not only forget about the red blemish but to also have that amount of hair again! Extremely happy for you man and you still have months of growth ahead of you! 👌

Thanks, bruv

• Like 1