Dr Bisanga, BHR clinic, 3,007 grafts via FUT

So I posted a few months back requesting help on picking a good European surgeon, and through the help of this forum I got into contact with Dr Bisanga of BHR Clinic, and yesterday I had my surgery. 

During my consultation, Dr Bisanga estimated I'd need somewhere between 2,600 - 2,700 grafts which ended up turning into 3,007 grafts. The goal of surgery was to conceal a previous surgical scar on my forehead and restore a more rounded hairline. 

Total Grafts: 3,007

Method: FUT

Graft breakdown:

1 follicular unit: 706

2 follicular unit: 1175

3 follicular unit: 619

4 follicular unit: 507

It's obviously very early days and I'm only writing this now because I can't sleep! Interested to hear what people think so far though on placement etc? Nervous as to how things will turn out. 

20210531_204027_001.jpg

20210531_204043.jpg

20210531_204135.jpg

20210531_204117.jpg

1 hour ago, Huncholini said:

Hey, all the best with your recovery, Bisanga has produced some really stellar results recently. Why was it decided that you'd have FUT done over FUE?

Hi, thanks. I didn't really want to have to shave my head, and I don't ever wear my hair short so scaring etc isn't a problem for me. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

Are you a female?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you @Gatsby

One thing I am confused of is the post-op care instructions say to apply betadine shampoo to the grafts and gently rinse from day 2 onwards, but most of what I've read on this forum and online suggest not washing the grafts at all for the first 3 days. 

I'll listen to the clinic's instructions, of course. Just seems early!

• Like 1

Interesting case! First female one I've seen here, I'm sure it'll be useful to others. Maybe add that fact into the title so it's more searchable.

Have you been diagnosed with some kind of hair loss? Your native hair density does appear to be a bit low the sides. Are you taking any medication?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Have you been diagnosed with some kind of hair loss? Your native hair density does appear to be a bit low the sides. Are you taking any medication?

Just crappy genetics, I think. 🙃 I'll note my hair is still wet in those pics as the clinic washed my hair for me, but fine hair just seems to run in my family. Bisanga said my follicles are very small.

29 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Great choice of Dr. I really like the placement. Excellent hairline has been created. Look forward to following. Thanks for posting 🙏

Thank you. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how things progress. Dr Kostis, Bisanga's assistant/protégé (I'm not really sure. Seemed like Bisanga was tutoring him), said he thinks I'll be pleased with the result so I'm hopeful.  

• Like 1

Today is day three, so still very early days, but I've took some clearer photos of the grafts. The yellow tint is staining from the betadine shampoo because I'm probably being a little too hesitant when it comes to washing. I'm scared I'll break something or whatever lol.

All looks a bit of a mess because my hair is in desperate need of a full wash...

But does everything look as expected for this stage?

20210603_093142.thumb.jpg.1152a72b40443b7697a6de93033abc9e.jpg

20210603_093403(0).thumb.jpg.ff0dab3e4575cb36e3eadda098d3556f.jpg

20210603_094549.thumb.jpg.425fc0694128edce820867132d74b402.jpg

20210603_094457.thumb.jpg.e4d9ecd279efc594fba307300ea711cc.jpg

Edited by HMSDread

Thanks for the reassurance guys. I've been following the post-op instructions to the letter, just probably being too timid with the care at the moment at fear of dislodging something! 😛 

• Like 1

Day 7. 

Excuse me for using this post as a personal diary lol, but have been experiencing I guess what you'd call post-op anxiety. I've been following the instructions to a T but still end up thinking I've probably done something wrong! Plus, the betadine shampoo is depressing as hell. It's so drying and my native hair is in need of a good, full wash. I kinda wish I just asked for it all to be shaved off. Would be far easier to manage! 

Anyway, one close up photo of the left side:
as.jpg.ccac68c3683cb0d7d52b3b2260b96894.jpg

DOTS.jpg.05d3bac620e13156e41b7386a67e4406.jpg

Does everything look as should for 1 week? Could just be the lighting/angle but looks like there's less 'dots' (dunno what to call them, hairs?) than my day three photos... 🤔 

Just now, JohnAC71 said:

Looks fine for a week ! All you can do is stick to the post op instructions. The grafts will begin to shed, so yes you will see less and less grafts/hair. 

Interesting, thank you!

I thought I read somewhere shedding doesn't usually begin until like week 2 or 3!