Dr Bisanga, BHR clinic, 3,007 grafts via FUT

3 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

This is really good for such a early stage ! Most people won’t even have any growth at just 11 weeks. Yours is coming in nicely 👌

Yes, this. Usually growth *begins* at the month 3 or 4 mark. So you are showing early goodness! 

Good news every week from here on out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Valued Contributor

Your growth is coming in very early and I can already see the foundations of a great, natural looking female hairline! Thank you so much for sharing this. There are so many women who suffer in silence and by sharing your journey you give them hope. Sadly it’s a low percentage of female hair loss sufferers that are actually candidates for surgery. Looking forward to further updates. All the best! 

• Like 2

Any noticeable growth at 3 months bodes well for what's to come.  Love seeing a female experience, thanks for sharing!  

• Like 2

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 9/4/2021 at 6:26 AM, HMSDread said:

@JohnAC71Hey, thanks for checking in!
There isn't much to report since my last update, but just passed the 3 month mark. It's all gone so quick! 

I did take this comparison shot though. 
(L) Before
(R) 13 weeks, 3 days post-op. 

comp.png.69ddde726746fc5336d5ce50e8f931d1.png

Wow looking great 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks guys. 

17 weeks / Month 4. It feels like not a great deal has changed since my month 3 update, but perhaps I'd be greedy to expect more at this point! I don't know lol. Hair definitely looks thicker than it did in places. Hopefully it starts to look less like...pubic hair...given a few more months. I think I read somewhere it can take a year or so for the texture to normalize? 

front.thumb.jpg.5f018f99dbbb7b7adbf5964a017c234c.jpg

side1.png.1acce9b81178d00a35dc21fd3520e14b.png

side.png.2ccc9ad61ea9fb75474ac0d83c04bc1b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, just passed 5 months. It definitely feels like growth has slowed down a considerable amount. I think? I'm struggling to see any difference between month four and five. I mean, it definitely looks fuller under certain lighting but IDK. 

Currently travelling so don't have many pics. 

1471910595_20211102_1417511.thumb.jpg.a5badb86df41437b95cb46d05b1b7913.jpg

20211104_075641.thumb.jpg.f78a4686ca40327e756060d92d9a8d3d.jpg

20211104_075653.thumb.jpg.323c859477af4afe2d514b64f299656f.jpg

What say you guys? 

I've heard a number of surgeons comment that early growth isn't necessarily linear. In other words, a patient who sees a burst of early growth may often slow down and see a bit of a lull into a more gradual evolution, ending around the same timeframe as a late grower. That may be what you're experiencing here. I certainly don't think there's any reason to be concerned at this point as you've got very noticeable growth even though you're pretty early in the process.

• Like 1

Just now, Mycroft said:

I've heard a number of surgeons comment that early growth isn't necessarily linear. In other words, a patient who sees a burst of early growth may often slow down and see a bit of a lull into a more gradual evolution, ending around the same timeframe as a late grower. That may be what you're experiencing here. I certainly don't think there's any reason to be concerned at this point as you've got very noticeable growth even though you're pretty early in the process.

Yes I have heard this being mentioned from various Drs, and seen it many times on people’s journeys. Next month could be another growth spurt. 

Thanks. 

I've been comparing my results to other patients at 5 months and it certainly seems to be lagging behind now, at least to my eyes, so I am starting to worry! 

I guess the only thing I can do is wait and hope things improve over the next month or two.

Hopefully this isn't it. But it is what it is. 

35 minutes ago, HMSDread said:

Thanks. 

I've been comparing my results to other patients at 5 months and it certainly seems to be lagging behind now, at least to my eyes, so I am starting to worry! 

I guess the only thing I can do is wait and hope things improve over the next month or two.

Hopefully this isn't it. But it is what it is. 

That’s the prob sometimes, seeing other people’s journeys. We all follow a different growth timeline. The next few months will be the most telling. You choose a excellent Dr/clinic and I’m sure they will also have a interest in how your progressing. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So coming up on the dreaded, for me at least, 6 month update. 😔 I'm still struggling to see any difference this and month 4 (can compare in my earlier posts)

I've attached a few different photos in various lightings. Excuse the look of humidity of some. I'm currently in Thailand and it's scorching.

Please, please let me know what you guys honestly think. I'm aware we can be our own worst critics. But like I said, it feels to me all progress has pretty much stalled out since mo. 3/4.

I just think now I'm nearing month 6 I've probably seen the majority of the cosmetic 'benefit' as I can't really be considered to still be in the early stages I don't know...

But I've read conflicting information. Some say at 6 months only something like 50% of grafts will have grown, others say 6 months and you're mostly done... 🤷🏼‍♀️

20211125_132442.jpg

20211125_132154.jpg

20211125_121902.jpg

20211123_164410.jpg

20211123_164404.jpg

20211123_164406(0).jpg

20211123_164355.jpg

Edited by HMSDread
  • Like 2

• Valued Contributor

The worst thing about having a hair transplant is the one thing we as people are not great at and that is patience. The true measure is at the 12 month mark (and for crown work it's closer to 18 months). On top of that you have individual responses, different biology, etc, etc. But to come back to your question your growth is going consistently forward and remember you are measuring your results on a very short term time frame of reference. Some people get a great result at month 3 and find by month 5 they're results have stalled and they judge the end product by this measurement. I'm not one to talk turkey and I believe that your results are improving (and in my opinion look excellent). You have to remind yourself that you have gone to one of the best in the world and you need to put your trust in him and the process. It's honestly too soon to even judge your final result and I can only imagine how it will really start to kick in over the next few months. It looks incredibly natural too. I know it's so easy for me to comment but you have fantastic looking hair and I can't wait to see your continual updates! BTW Thailand is not the most forgiving places when it comes to hair in general. Wishing you all the best and 2022 is going to be your year!! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

The worst thing about having a hair transplant is the one thing we as people are not great at and that is patience. The true measure is at the 12 month mark (and for crown work it's closer to 18 months). On top of that you have individual responses, different biology, etc, etc. But to come back to your question your growth is going consistently forward and remember you are measuring your results on a very short term time frame of reference. Some people get a great result at month 3 and find by month 5 they're results have stalled and they judge the end product by this measurement. I'm not one to talk turkey and I believe that your results are improving (and in my opinion look excellent). You have to remind yourself that you have gone to one of the best in the world and you need to put your trust in him and the process. It's honestly too soon to even judge your final result and I can only imagine how it will really start to kick in over the next few months. It looks incredibly natural too. I know it's so easy for me to comment but you have fantastic looking hair and I can't wait to see your continual updates! BTW Thailand is not the most forgiving places when it comes to hair in general. Wishing you all the best and 2022 is going to be your year!! 👍

Thank you for your kind words and reassurance. 🙏

Oh yeah, I trust Bisanga and his team 110% which is why I'm starting to believe maybe it's something to do with me. 😅 

Just got to trust the process I guess and stop obsessing.

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

When I look at where you started and where you are today post op it’s like night and day. Unfortunately we are our own worst critics and we just can’t see the forest for the trees. It’s totally normal and literally impossible to stop obsessing about hair after surgery. The only thing harder than finding a cure for hair loss is a cure for finding patience. All the best!

On 11/25/2021 at 11:10 AM, HMSDread said:

So coming up on the dreaded, for me at least, 6 month update. 😔 I'm still struggling to see any difference this and month 4 (can compare in my earlier posts)

I've attached a few different photos in various lightings. Excuse the look of humidity of some. I'm currently in Thailand and it's scorching.

Please, please let me know what you guys honestly think. I'm aware we can be our own worst critics. But like I said, it feels to me all progress has pretty much stalled out since mo. 3/4.

I just think now I'm nearing month 6 I've probably seen the majority of the cosmetic 'benefit' as I can't really be considered to still be in the early stages I don't know...

But I've read conflicting information. Some say at 6 months only something like 50% of grafts will have grown, others say 6 months and you're mostly done... 🤷🏼‍♀️

20211125_132442.jpg

20211125_132154.jpg

20211125_121902.jpg

20211123_164410.jpg

20211123_164404.jpg

20211123_164406(0).jpg

20211123_164355.jpg

It looks really good for a 6 months, if i've seen you somewhere else i'd never think you had HT, a lot of girls usually have that kind of hairline you have now  which is normal IMO and looks normal.....and you're still 6 months from final result so just be happy and don't worry about results it will only get better😄

You're a beautiful lady with already good looking hairline sooo 💪💪🧚‍♀️💃💃💃...

• Like 2

Honestly, I think there's a noticeable difference between months 4 and 6 based on the photos you've shared. I think you're just a little too close to the process right now and had your perception thrown off by that large initial growth burst.

If you're really that concerned with what percentage of grafts seems to have sprouted, I'm sure you could email Dr. Bisanga and have him give you a rough estimate of what he thinks.

Having said that, it's also important to remember that the caliber of each of these hairs will improve as well, which will contribute to better coverage and a natural appearance. I see a lot of guys with abundant but pluggy looking growth at six months who have a great result by month 12 even though they swear up and down very little new growth happened after month six. I totally understand why you're anxious to get to your goal, but try not to work yourself up over a crisis that may not come to pass.

• Like 1