Dr Bisanga, BHR clinic, 3,007 grafts via FUT

Evening chaps,

31 weeks or 7 months update. It's difficult to judge progress as I'm awful at taking consistent photos. Anyway, back from Thailand and back in good ol' Blighty...

These photos were taken shortly after I got out of the shower so my hair is still quite damp / wet. I'm still a little anxious, cautious when drying the transplanted hairs. 🤦‍♀️

I think I'm starting not to worry about my progress too much? I think. I mean, I still get days where I look in the mirror and I'm not sure things are progressing. But as the hairs get longer and I suppose mature (?) It's getting difficult, for me at least, to tell apart some of the transplanted hairs from my native hairs. I think that's a good sign? Still think it looks very pluggy in places, but hopefully that'll change over the coming months.

My native hair is incredibly fine as is. I'm lucky that it has a natural curl/wave to it which makes it appear thicker depending on how I style it, so hopefully if things continue progressing and growing, I'll be able to style them too...

Anyway, photos. I appreciate your guys thoughts etc so please post them :)

front.thumb.png.649477f39712e29b21a5c9935e9ece15.png

front1.thumb.png.f76017a4c7823817d3ff74896e3f919e.png

ides.thumb.png.9f373a130203ee06cc15e9db28050308.png

hair very wet

wey.thumb.png.4c0ec0eb8c1e34b1b086a4b9538933f4.png

sideee.thumb.jpg.f54c7f77f381e10617ed612122665436.jpg

Edited by HMSDread
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

The 7 months looked quite good to me!  Hope we get an update!

When I see no updates, I usually assume it got so good that they forgot all about their transplant and never revisit any forums.

Check out my journey here:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

It's been a while. It's difficult to believe that it's now been an entire year (well, just shy of 2 days) since my HT. It feels like yesterday I created this thread. So what do I think? On the whole, I'm relatively happy. The transplanted hair is still incredibly 'wiry' compared to my native hair.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure this is something I can expect to change at this point? I don't know. I've read it can take longer than a year to normalise but this sort of feels like a cope. Maybe someone can share their own experiences. :)

It's definitely an improvement over what I had before and with some styling I can blend it into my native hairline...

20220510_150554.jpg.af68d3f82a1fc9071291ab52cc183fd9.jpg

920518706_20220526_1827171.jpg.a7a98f0514a3c5e557a04a5dd0e595a9.jpg

• Like 3

The medical literature says hair can be wiry, kinky for up to 18 months before it returns to a more natural state. 

From what I have seen in other threads on this forum, it can be quite common for this wiry/kinky texture to be permanent. 

All you can really do is wait and see. 

While this may add more maintenance to your routine, the good news is I am 100% confident you can use product and/or style this wiry hair in a way that it still looks good and natural.