Dr Bisanga, BHR clinic, 3,007 grafts via FUT

Sorry for another question! First day properly washing & lightly massaging the graft site today and my patient adviser said I should make sure my scalp is clean (I meaning free of scabs) by day 10. 

scabbing.png.edb481637e407199f122602eda2729f2.png

Is this white/yellow stuff at the root of each hair a scab? Maybe I need to let it soak longer/apply more pressure when massaging... 

You will have scabs and dried serum, wash and massage well now in circular motion and this will come off also fairly easy. You can wash twice a day but if easier once is okay and use isobetadine and leave and rinse and same for shampoo. Crusts will feel like salt under the fingertips and break them down well now with washing and circular motion massaging and you will be clear in a few days and all look cleaner soon. Do not worry about hair coming out with the scabs, it is all part of the process. 

• Like 2

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

1 minute ago, sl said:

You will have scabs and dried serum, wash and massage well now in circular motion and this will come off also fairly easy. You can wash twice a day but if easier once is okay and use isobetadine and leave and rinse and same for shampoo. Crusts will feel like salt under the fingertips and break them down well now with washing and circular motion massaging and you will be clear in a few days and all look cleaner soon. Do not worry about hair coming out with the scabs, it is all part of the process. 

This ☺️

• Like 2

Thanks so much guys. 🙏

Am I right in thinking that from day 9 (tomorrow for me), the grafts are pretty much permanent? I think I recall seeing that number mentioned on here.

8 minutes ago, HMSDread said:

Thanks so much guys. 🙏

Am I right in thinking that from day 9 (tomorrow for me), the grafts are pretty much permanent? I think I recall seeing that number mentioned on here.

They will be secure by now, although day 10 is usually quoted as the magic number 🙏

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

Thanks guys. 

Yeah, was starting to get really frustrated with the scabbing so big mood boost to have finally got it all off and see a glimpse of the result.  Now to just get through the dreaded shedding phase 😱 

• Like 2

Had my stitches removed today. I think a little overdue as they were starting to get really itchy again, probably my body telling me it's time to get them out! :P Everything looks nice and healed though apparently! 

Difficult to believe it's pretty much already been two weeks. I guess now I just need to try and forget about the transplant for the next few months.  

Here's how it looks as of now though,

leftside.thumb.jpg.c3a41c9526fe21fb12087102d5a39aa5.jpg

front.thumb.jpg.4d54ada490438d4cafc29c70509c389b.jpg

754986075_rightside.thumb.jpg.89f385150de19a266a0333238e877534.jpg

Doubt much will happen now apart from shedding so I'll give another update in a few months or so. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back again. 

Is peeling skin on parts of the recipient area anything to be overly concerned about? Couldn't find anything on Google. I'm presuming, or hoping, that it's just a build up of dead, dry skin from being overly cautious with regards to washing the area. Hopefully doesn't affect anything. 

Edited by HMSDread
  • Like 1

You probably have dryness and some flaking post surgery, so continue to wash well and you can moisturise also and add some aloe vera for example. Please feel free to send any photos to Hilde who will be happy to assess with Dr.Bisanga for you.

• Like 1

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

17 hours ago, sl said:

You probably have dryness and some flaking post surgery, so continue to wash well and you can moisturise also and add some aloe vera for example. Please feel free to send any photos to Hilde who will be happy to assess with Dr.Bisanga for you.

Thanks.

Hilde is amazing. I just don't want to pester her everytime I worry! Ha. 😄 

But I've been in contact with her and she's assured me sensitive scalp, flaking, some dead skin happens. I just need to moisturise my scalp. 😀

• Like 3

• Administrators

Everything looks extremely clean, thanks for sharing we need more female journeys.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you @Melvin- Moderator

---

So it's now been one month (and one day!) since the transplant. I'll say, I take my figurative hat off to anyone who goes through this process more than once. It's been quite taxing! However, my patient advisor, Hilde, has been amazing and made it all the easier. 

There's not much to report but here are some photos,

Right side:

righttemple.thumb.jpg.722ecddfb37df1779f23d564f22ce295.jpg

Left side:

lefttemple.thumb.jpg.fade0f26dcc4b6c8b13bbbd4748e3ead.jpg

Front:

frontview.thumb.jpg.7b11482b2e7ea87ff377e6c386a516d3.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Almost two months (7 weeks and 3 days). Not really much to report since my last post, other than shedding... :(

Recipient area has been kinda itchy again as of late and today after showering I noticed I've developed a small, raised red spot. 

20210722_190540.thumb.jpg.44fd8d158b574f4ffd33173155419f0e.jpg

Difficult to capture a clear photo. Anything to be concerned about? Looks like it might just be an ingrown hair? 

Thanks

Edited by HMSDread

23 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looks like a pimple, may get a white head or stay like it is. These do occur after a hair transplant. See if it develops a head. 

Thanks John! If its a pimple will it resolve itself or would I need to pop it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So just a little over 2 months now (or 9 weeks, 3 days).

Quite a bit of shedding since my one month update. Hopefully that's the end of it now? Dunno. Still kinda early days I guess? 

But for the more experienced members here, are things looking as expected for this point? 

front.thumb.jpg.196c1917f5a8ccf5e1f2e0183b8277c7.jpg

down.thumb.jpg.6110d92acc22f67eadbde16a0421630d.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.22534f16e40b92bf5f8c15dea6211823.jpg

side1.thumb.jpg.128a48c6907bef6ead54738e7031ae4e.jpg

side2.thumb.jpg.ae4534ab8dd3e2b601b0973f9504dcc7.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, HMSDread said:

So just a little over 2 months now (or 9 weeks, 3 days).

Quite a bit of shedding since my one month update. Hopefully that's the end of it now? Dunno. Still kinda early days I guess? 

But for the more experienced members here, are things looking as expected for this point? 

front.thumb.jpg.196c1917f5a8ccf5e1f2e0183b8277c7.jpg

down.thumb.jpg.6110d92acc22f67eadbde16a0421630d.jpg

side.thumb.jpg.22534f16e40b92bf5f8c15dea6211823.jpg

side1.thumb.jpg.128a48c6907bef6ead54738e7031ae4e.jpg

side2.thumb.jpg.ae4534ab8dd3e2b601b0973f9504dcc7.jpg

Looks great for 2 months. Thanks for sharing your results and documenting your journey as a female. Very informative!

• Like 1

11 weeks. 

Not much change since last update obviously, but think I'm starting to see some growth now in the sparser areas. 🙂 Could just be my eyes deceiving me though! But happy with everything so far and excited to see what the next few months will bring.

Front.thumb.jpg.84ea25a9ef6a37fa575f61e93e7fc534.jpg

Left.thumb.jpg.7311b4c5e735d56458ca4d69ec83e374.jpg

rtemple.thumb.jpg.22210f885c80835d78266be6eee0f886.jpg

Straight .jpg

• Thanks 1