Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

1 hour ago, captaincalico said:

Just a little comparison for you all … here’s month two compared to now 

Its looking great man! Seems Mwamba was a good choice.

Here is a question for you...

You are obviously British, as am I, and you have obviously chosen to be upfront about your procedure, which is cool, though not something i personally would feel comfortable doing as and when i get a procedure...

In the UK, as i'm sure you know, there is quite a strong culture with guys of 'banter' or 'ribbing', whatever you wanna call it lol. Mates can be brutal as fuck in terms of joking at others expense...

So, my question is, have you encountered any of this yet, and if so, how do you handle it...? What response do you give?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve kept it away from my main socials etc but if anyone stubbles across it they stubble across it … a lot of my closest mates know and have been really supportive about it .. I think if your mates are good mates then they will be behind you… people will always make remarks and comments about whatever you do in life but fuck em… it’s your life and choice and I don’t care much for negative opinions neither do I let them bother me too much… ive had a lot of bad luck recently with family issues so nothing as trivial as people poking fun can bother me 😌

• Like 1

It’s now 4 and a half months … it appears to have slowed a little … not a huge amount of change since my last post… although it is getting longer ! And the crown is closing up which I’m happy about …. I’m just curious as to what happened to you all ? What months did it really start to take off ? Disclosure I am not worried I know it will grow im just at that inpatient part of the process now haha 

• Like 2

For me it started always at 3 months and 2 weeks on every surgery, all 15 of them.

The only time it started a little sooner was when I used a Laser Cap (shows that it actually does something)

From that moment I would say it starts gradually improving. You will see a big change from month 5 to 6, this is very the biggest change happens and then another moderate change from month 6 to 8. 

From month 8 to 10 you will see very modest changes but still thickening occurs.

Just let it grow for another 2 months and you'll see

Edited by mustang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, captaincalico said:

4 months and 2 weeks … things seem to be happening a little more all of a sudden behind the hair line 🤔 I’m looking forward to seeing what will happen between month 5 and 6 ! 

EF83EB55-0623-47F8-A5FD-E3434AE8D465.jpeg

Hi @captaincalico

Incredible change in appearance, how does it feel to look in the mirror and see yourself with hair again after so much time suffering?  In such a short time the change is incredible, looking forward to seeing you in month 12. Positive comments from your family and friends?  Is your crown getting better with medication?  

Congratulations and move on!

• Thanks 1

Well done, and really big changes when check your pre-op and actual photos after 4 months, growth of hair is great, and probably will be just better in following months... Wish you to be good as you imagined and fill your expectations :) .

And 6-8 months will be even better to see progress, results ;) .

On 10/11/2021 at 9:32 AM, mustang said:

For me it started always at 3 months and 2 weeks on every surgery, all 15 of them.

The only time it started a little sooner was when I used a Laser Cap (shows that it actually does something)

From that moment I would say it starts gradually improving. You will see a big change from month 5 to 6, this is very the biggest change happens and then another moderate change from month 6 to 8. 

From month 8 to 10 you will see very modest changes but still thickening occurs.

Just let it grow for another 2 months and you'll see

From what time/month after your FUE did you start to use a laser cap?

19 hours ago, PelazoVenAMi said:

Hi @captaincalico

Incredible change in appearance, how does it feel to look in the mirror and see yourself with hair again after so much time suffering?  In such a short time the change is incredible, looking forward to seeing you in month 12. Positive comments from your family and friends?  Is your crown getting better with medication?  

Congratulations and move on!

Thank you ! It’s both amazing and also unbelievable at the same time ! I have high hopes for 12 months in ! Everyone can’t believe it and are super happy for me as you can imagine ! Crown is closing up nicely yes … still early days on that but if I can gain a little more back then we can use those extra grafts elsewhere! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, captaincalico said:

Can’t wait for the next two months … hopefully like most people I will see the biggest changes then! 

Yep, you're going to be in for a treat. You'll be excited to wake up each day and inspect your progress from now on - from personal experience, its a pretty magical time!