Dr. Patrick Mwamba (Fue Clinic) - Over 9,000 grafts - 24th & 25th of May 2021

On 1/28/2024 at 7:37 PM, Melvin- Admin said:

It’s probably anagen desynchronization 

Hmmm right ok that’s slightly disappointing then I suppose… hopefully it won’t be as drastic as the video but still a bit of a shock I was unaware of 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

Hmmm right ok that’s slightly disappointing then I suppose… hopefully it won’t be as drastic as the video but still a bit of a shock I was unaware of 

It just means more hair is in the resting phase. Eventually, it will come back after a few months. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

You could use Tretinoin (Retinol) and Trichoxidil (growth factors) together with Minoxidil (and might as well add Biotin in there)

Research has shown that retinol increases the rate of hair growth by prolonging the anagen (growth) phase of the hair growth cycle, playing a role in converting vellus (A.K.A baby hairs) to terminal hairs, and acts in conjunction with other hair growth solutions to produce denser hair regrowth (2).z

It's apparently highly effective with Minoxidil 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2022 at 10:09 AM, mustang said:

Best surgeons for me in Europe are (in no particular order)

Couto

Freitas

Ferreira

Pinto

Feriduni

Vila

Lorenzo

Mwamba

Bisanga 

HLC (Ozgur)

In North America

Feller, Rahal, Hasson and Wong.

Thank you. 🙏 This list really helped me. I’m an older guy trying to make sense of all this data. I was perusing Zarev’s website yesterday until I saw his $9/graft price US. He’s seems to be one of the best IMO but prohibitive for a blue collar guy like me. The plane trip is 15 hrs.  Mwamba is closer to me in Atlanta, if he still works here (unk). This process is difficult to sort through as some members said they went to a reputable doctor $$ and he took their money, messed up their hair. 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, captaincalico said:

Almost 8 months with no fibers … flash on and daylight … still some time to go before all the crown has filled out I reckon 

F146C37B-D2C4-4172-9DFF-9005E72EEC48.jpeg

968F87B7-F585-49BF-B373-375F2F686AED.jpeg

Wow insane man, no fibers nothing? That’s crazy 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I still think you have 4 months of improvement ahead of you, specially the crown and vertex

But this is an awesome result already. Have you resumed Dut Mesotherapy?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2024 at 9:42 AM, mustang said:

I still think you have 4 months of improvement ahead of you, specially the crown and vertex

But this is an awesome result already. Have you resumed Dut Mesotherapy?

Thanks… I hope so … a little more density and it will be near perfection ! I will be resuming dut soon .. I just keep forgetting to order 

So I’ve made a small change to  My Current regime, I’m now on one pill of Finamin daily (Anagenica  Finasteride 1mg with Minoxidil 2.5mg). It's not cheap but very convenient having both pills in one. I will also doing Dutmeso 0.05% once a week with a dermaroller. I might go for a final 500 graft surgery to add a little density all over if needed after 12 months. We will see ! 

Edited by captaincalico
  • Like 1

• Administrators

Interesting, I’ve wondered if having one pill was possible. Makes most sense.

View my thread

• 1 month later...

8 months… I think I’m at the final result now .. there may be a little more thickening darkening … I’m not sure. But regardless I’m very happy with this result ! And with plenty grafts still in the bank incase I ever need a top up 

9FD8023A-50B7-4654-B567-66981612965F.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

8 months… I think I’m at the final result now .. there may be a little more thickening darkening … I’m not sure. But regardless I’m very happy with this result ! And with plenty grafts still in the bank incase I ever need a top up 

It's looking fantastic - certainly one of the best outcomes I've seen; I almost said 'from where you started', but that wouldn't do the outcome justice.

I do think you've called it a little early though. I would fully expect the crown to continue to mature. It's a black hole for grafts but also seems to grow slower, so there's still potentially months to go...

Would love to see it at 18 months after a few growth cycles.

Edited to say - did you mean 8 months, seems closer to 10?

Edited by BackFromTheBrink
  • Thanks 1

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, captaincalico said:

I still can't believe @captaincalico how 'natural and full' your results are. In fact I can't believe from where you started from! 💯👌

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, BackFromTheBrink said:

It's looking fantastic - certainly one of the best outcomes I've seen; I almost said 'from where you started', but that wouldn't do the outcome justice.

I do think you've called it a little early though. I would fully expect the crown to continue to mature. It's a black hole for grafts but also seems to grow slower, so there's still potentially months to go...

Would love to see it at 18 months after a few growth cycles.

Edited to say - did you mean 8 months, seems closer to 10?

Thanks man !! You are probably right ! I’ll keep updating regardless ! I think my last op was the very end of June, so I’m kinda counting it as July to April so ye sorry around 8-9 months 

15 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

I still can't believe @captaincalico how 'natural and full' your results are. In fact I can't believe from where you started from! 💯👌

Nice one man ! It’s been one hell of a ride that’s for sure ! Hopefully I’ll maintain this now way into my senior years 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
11 minutes ago, captaincalico said:

If I were to be super picky … I’d potentially add another 500-1000 here which would probably bring it to the same density as the middle and front ! 

FE803654-5F40-45E7-B7CA-F0C8B21A605F.jpeg

Bro this is an absurd result. I wouldn’t do anything. You have more thickening left. 

• Like 1

View my thread

• Administrators

Where you started vs. now

FB9B6A59-D1DF-40EF-9F06-4B3BA63C74FE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 2

View my thread